CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nothing compares... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6936)

WichitaCreed1 06-21-2004 11:17 AM

Nothing compares...

Yes, I love the new song by Alter Bridge, and was highly anticipating hearing it, but nothing will compare to the anticipation I had for "My Sacrifice". When I heard it for the first time, I couldn't believe it, it was so awesome..."Open Your Eyes" is awesome, but "My Sacrifice" made a bigger impression on me the first time I heard it...:)

rabidgopher04 06-21-2004 12:20 PM

yes, I think so too. It sort of had this majestic quality to it with the intro and all that.

creedsister 06-21-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WichitaCreed1
Yes, I love the new song by Alter Bridge, and was highly anticipating hearing it, but nothing will compare to the anticipation I had for "My Sacrifice". When I heard it for the first time, I couldn't believe it, it was so awesome..."Open Your Eyes" is awesome, by "My Sacrifice" made a bigger impression on me the first time I heard it...:)

AMEN AND AMEN :jam: :jam: :jam:

creedsister 06-21-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgopher04
yes, I think so too. It sort of had this majestic quality to it with the intro and all that.

Majestic Yes Thats The Way I Heared It The First Time, And All That!!!! What A Sound, SHAKING!!!!!!!!!

musiclover291 06-21-2004 01:30 PM

I agree "My Sacrifice" really touched my soul the first time I heard it the words the delivery and the music it was just that powerful to me. OYE does nothing for me it just seems like a top 40 song.

Just my opinion.

multifast1 06-21-2004 02:08 PM

I agree about My Sacrifice being a more powerful song... but you're comparing Creed's biggest hit of their career spanning 3 full CD's worth of music to the first single by a new band??? I read this and thought, "Yeah, so what's your point?" Did someone try to make the point that this was better than any Creed song ever and you are responding?

Steve 06-21-2004 02:54 PM

I don't know about My Sacrifice, but for me, nothing compares to when I heard My Own Prison on the radio the first time back in late 1997 / early 1998.

Personally I think "Open Your Eyes" is a better tune than My Sacrifice. I really think I'm liking Myles' voice better than Stapp's. As of now, nothing will beat the My Own Prison CD, but I am thinking this new AB CD just may beat out Human Clay and Weathered in my book :)

hayley 06-21-2004 03:33 PM

As of now I have only heard the lyrics to OYE but comparing the lyrical side of this to My Sacrifice, My Sacrifice, to me, is better. OYE is amazing, it really is, but My Sacrifce was a song that hit me deeply once I heard it, because it relates to something I have been through, and it hit me hard

DangerousDan85 06-21-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multifast1
I agree about My Sacrifice being a more powerful song... but you're comparing Creed's biggest hit of their career spanning 3 full CD's worth of music to the first single by a new band??? I read this and thought, "Yeah, so what's your point?" Did someone try to make the point that this was better than any Creed song ever and you are responding?

actually I think Higher and WAWO were bigger hits than MS

My Sacrifice will always be one of my favorites because it's the song that got me into Creed. WWE used the song during their "Desire" vignettes and that's where i first heard it.

WichitaCreed1 06-21-2004 05:57 PM

I'm not saying one song is better than the other, I was just saying that the expectation of "My Sacrifice" blew me away more than "Open Your Eyes" did, that's all...

Xterminator27 06-21-2004 07:31 PM

WAWO was the first song i heard from creed and the reason i took interest in the band

WAWO owns all songs

creedsister 06-21-2004 09:16 PM

:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I don't know about My Sacrifice, but for me, nothing compares to when I heard My Own Prison on the radio the first time back in late 1997 / early 1998.

Personally I think "Open Your Eyes" is a better tune than My Sacrifice. I really think I'm liking Myles' voice better than Stapp's. As of now, nothing will beat the My Own Prison CD, but I am thinking this new AB CD just may beat out Human Clay and Weathered in my book :)

:wtf:

creedsister 06-21-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
WAWO was the first song i heard from creed and the reason i took interest in the band

WAWO owns all songs

How Come

Echelon122 06-21-2004 11:26 PM

I still don't get people comparing things...but whatever at this point.

I was more excited for this song than I was eagerly awaiting hearing MS on the radio. I knew it (Open Your Eyes) was going to be different...this isn't just the first single of a new album...it's the first single from a new band!!

Yes, I was excited for MS in 2001....but I was excited for this one in a different way..

I think WAWO was the biggest hit, especially in terms of air play, then Higher. I think One Last Breath was their biggest hit off Weathered, then My Sacrifice.

Quote:

My Sacrifice will always be one of my favorites because it's the song that got me into Creed. WWE used the song during their "Desire" vignettes and that's where i first heard it.

I LOVED the way WWE promoted the song and album. So well done.

DangerousDan85 06-22-2004 12:12 AM

ditto

hayley 06-22-2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echelon122
I think One Last Breath was their biggest hit off Weathered, then My Sacrifice.

Hmmm ... that's a really hard thing to answer. Personally, OLB is a better song than MS. Radioplay here, MS and OLB got equal radio play, when those songs were released as singles, it was crazy the first couple of weeks how much over played they got. When it comes down to comparing Creed songs, it's impossible though. I can't do it. You look at the media side of which Creed song is better than which, but personally it's really hard.

Echelon122 06-22-2004 01:50 AM

I know around here I heard OLB a LOT more than My Sacrifice. And I know on Vh1 OLB did much better (the fans kept it in the Vh1 Top 20 from April 2002 -- December 2002..a record!).

And I LOVED One Last Breath...the song spoke to me very deeply (A been there, done that type of thing).

I think One Last Breath did better chartwise though...but damned if I can navigate Billboard or something to find that out.

WAWO Still gets a TON of airplay around here on our hard rock station :wtf:
But the stations have tended towards playing the OLD School Creed...in a week I heard One, WTLF, and What If (that never gets played much).

Now if I could just catch Open Your Eyes on the radio around here!!! LOL

Mulletman 06-22-2004 02:02 AM

I totally agree. Although Open Your Eyes has now grown on me, when I first heard it, I was like "this is it?" When I first heard my Sacrifice I was on the way to school my freshman year in college. Needless to say when I arrived to class I was all goosebumpy and had a huge grin from ear to ear.

They dont play the song as much anymore, but when they do I still get the same feeling.