CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Original CREED reunites within 3 years (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7379)

I'mRational 10-06-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillACreedFan
Of course there's a big difference, Stapp and Kennedy are two very different singers so obviously going from one to the other will mean a change in how everything sounds. I just don't see how Tremonti, Marshall, and Phillips were being held back in Creed.

I'll make it simple for you. Stapp would not have allowed:

All the guitar solos Marks has in ODR, unless they were simple, basic and unobtrusive; the complexity of the guitar solos; Phillips double bass drumming in a many of the songs; songs like 'lingus, FTR, WYW, etc., because they are too heavy, much more instrumentally complex, and only singable for a select few.

This list is just for starters.

ctfan 10-06-2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mRational
I'll make it simple for you. Stapp would not have allowed:

All the guitar solos Marks has in ODR, unless they were simple, basic and unobtrusive; the complexity of the guitar solos; Phillips double bass drumming in a many of the songs; songs like 'lingus, FTR, WYW, etc., because they are too heavy, much more instrumentally complex, and only singable for a select few.

This list is just for starters.

I'll just say this. If what is now on the current AB cd....would have been on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it. Not EVERYONE likes that kind of music.

kariyanine 10-07-2004 11:32 AM

I actually thought Creed would be moving in this direction anyway but who knows.

As for Creed getting back together. I think it is very possible. Yes; all the guys are happy doing their own thing right now but who knows what 5 to 10 years brings. I mean just look at all the highly succesful bands that have broken up and then reformed. Some people have all ready mentioned Van Halen and Bon Jovi. But there are a ton more. Journey, Styx, Motley Crue, Poison and even Metallica has been at the breaking point a couple of times (although never officially). Billy Joel said he was never going to tour again and low and behold 2 years later I was watching him and Elton John perform on stage together to a sold out arena 2 nights in a row. For crying out loud Kiss breaks up and reforms at random intervals of the year. Look at Fleetwood Mac, I think it was something like 15 years they didn't even talk to each other, the hate was so high, and now they are back making records and touring. Sometimes people say things and fully mean them at the time but later on time passes and those things that are said come undone.

It's kind of like this. Being in a band is like being part of a family but sometimes families have problems and they don't talk for years or sometimes ever again. But there is always going to be a chance. And even if you want Creed to stay dead and buried I think that people should at least view it as a possibility, however remote.

What I do hope happens though is that Scott can rekindle at least a friendship with Mark and the rest of the guys because in the almost a decade I followed Creed it seemed like their friendship was what really drove them.

The Lithium 10-07-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
geez... are Robyn and Kerry the only reasonable people on this thread???

I would rate myself as reasonable... I just don't think Creed will reunite, but it would be truely awesome if they did!! And truely stinky at the same time...

DekWannaBFlea 10-07-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
I'll just say this. If what is now on the current AB cd....would have been on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it. Not EVERYONE likes that kind of music.

Thank you for clearing that up..... :rolleyes:

'cause everybody loves hard rock.......

ctfan 10-08-2004 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
Thank you for clearing that up..... :rolleyes:

'cause everybody loves hard rock.......

If AB's music is your kinda thang...that's great! I'm just not everybody... :D

fluttergirl 10-08-2004 02:02 AM

I believe he was being sarcastic, saying that NOT everybody likes hard rock :D
Correct me if I'm wrong....

DekWannaBFlea 10-08-2004 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
I believe he was being sarcastic, saying that NOT everybody likes hard rock :D
Correct me if I'm wrong....

You got it :thumbsup:

Flutter add me to your AIM

my aim is

DekwannaBflea

I'mRational 10-08-2004 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan

That's fine, but my post has nothing to do with liking or not liking the music. it is strickly about the muscians being held back.

ctfan 10-08-2004 11:35 PM

[quote=I'mRational]That's fine, but my post has nothing to do with liking or not liking the music. it is strickly about the muscians being held back./QUOTE]

HUH??? When I listened to AB's cd, I heard heavy guitar riffs, and long long solo's. Most of AB's fan have raved on and on about how "Mark just rips it up" and "shreds". And about how he's opened up so much on this album.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he's doing all those things...then wouldn't it stand to reason that it would show up as "music"???

What I'm saying is this, if he had "opened up" on the next Creed cd, I wouldn't have purchased it because I don't particularly care for it.

Bridge of Clay 10-10-2004 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
I would rate myself as reasonable... I just don't think Creed will reunite, but it would be truely awesome if they did!! And truely stinky at the same time...

No, you're not. You're an AB soccer mom.

Bridge of Clay 10-10-2004 02:56 PM

This is so frickin' funny... (about being heavier)...

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.

Dogstar 10-10-2004 05:42 PM

Wind-Up has way too much of a say in the sounds of its bands. I think that's why it took so long for Submersed's CD to get out there.

BobbyMcGee 10-10-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Wind-Up has way too much of a say in the sounds of its bands. I think that's why it took so long for Submersed's CD to get out there.

:bow2:
________
Female Advice Forum
________
French cooking

kariyanine 10-10-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
This is so frickin' funny... (about being heavier)...

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.

Great post man. This is what I've been thinking anyway. I thought that Creed would have put out something resembling ODR and I am surprised that people are saying that the album sounds nothing like Creed. I mean really the guys didn't change that much musically since Weathered came out that ODR sounds that different. Yes it is harder and yes Mark shreds a whole lot on the album but this was all stuff that had been talked about being brought in by not just Mark but Scott as well.

I don't get why people keep saying Scott was holding them back. And Scott wouldn't allow this or that. I mean c'mon people Mark was voted guitarist of the year for what 3 years straight or something like that. Where was Scott's egomaniacal leash on Mark holding him back there, I'm sure he wouldn't want Mark getting any credit for helping make Creed what it was. I'm obviously being sarcastic there but maybe someone will see my point. I don't think anything was holding the guys back, it was the music they wanted to make at the time and ODR was somewhere along the lines of what I thought was a natural progression (of course without Scott's influence or his invisible tether cord to hold Mark and Flip back ;) )