CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   details of new audioslave album emerge! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8773)

aussiecreeder 03-11-2005 07:22 PM

details of new audioslave album emerge!

Today (March 9) in Los Angeles, international media were played six new songs from AUDIOSLAVE's as-yet-untitled sophomore album, set for release on May 17 in the U.S. on Interscope. The first single, "Be Yourself", will be sent to radio within the next couple of weeks and an accompanying video, yet to be shot, will follow in April, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal.

The album will have 12 tracks in total, including the following confirmed titles: "Be Yourself", "Doesn't Remind Me", "Out of Exile", "The Curse", "#1 Zero", "Your Time Has Come".

AUDIOSLAVE, who are currently mixing the album, are still considering which other six songs to put on the disc. The band has recorded 22 tracks in total.

according to roadrunner.net

I've heard a bad quality mp3 version taped off the radio of the first single. Soft, radio friendly song with a hook in the chorus that isn't too bad. Certainly a different direction to the stuff on the first album although some aren't pleased.

Dogstar 03-11-2005 07:51 PM

Hmmm, I downloaded this crappy version, but I haven't listened to it yet. A friend on another board said Chris' voice sounded sweet, even though the music was softer. I'm very curious.

The Lithium 03-11-2005 07:55 PM

Cool, I'm seeing them live this summer!

Where can I download the crappy version?

Dogstar 03-11-2005 07:59 PM

Try this, Lith..I hope it works.

http://homepage.mac.com/jeffansari/beyourself.mp3

The Lithium 03-11-2005 08:01 PM

Yeah, seems to work. I'll comment it soon

The Lithium 03-11-2005 08:04 PM

It's very hard to say if the music is softer. No, it might not be their fastest song. But the quality is too bad to tell.

aussiecreeder 03-12-2005 03:32 AM

I would have posted the link but I thought perhaps that was a bad idea. Anyhow I think his voice sounds good but I think this is certainly much softer than what was on their first album. Sounds more like Cornell type stuff rather than him singing over the top of RATM instead of Zack rapping.

TeriB19 03-12-2005 03:48 PM

WMMR in Philly was playing the song to death yesterday. Everytime I flipped on that station it was playing. It's ok.

Dogstar 03-12-2005 04:17 PM

I think it's rather uninspiring. I'm pretty disappointed. The lyrics aren't up to Cornell's usual standards and there isn't enough of Morello for me. It's just kind of bland. I hope the rest of the album is better. I don't mind it being softer, but it sounds almost poppy, more U2-ish than anything else.

aussiecreeder 03-12-2005 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I think it's rather uninspiring. I'm pretty disappointed. The lyrics aren't up to Cornell's usual standards and there isn't enough of Morello for me. It's just kind of bland. I hope the rest of the album is better. I don't mind it being softer, but it sounds almost poppy, more U2-ish than anything else.

it does sound like a U2 song.....nothing wrong with that but its not audioslave to me. matt over at alterbridgeband.net posted a good version of the mp3 and the song impresses me a lot more. i like the song quite a bit but am hoping the rest of the album is a little harder and deeper.

Dogstar 03-12-2005 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
it does sound like a U2 song.....nothing wrong with that but its not audioslave to me.

I didn't mean it as a slam or anything because I love U2, but it just didn't sound like what I thought Audioslave would sound like.

aussiecreeder 03-12-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

I didn't mean it as a slam or anything because I love U2, but it just didn't sound like what I thought Audioslave would sound like.

Nah its cool, I understand where you're coming from and I agree with you! They did say the record could sound like the Joshua Tree but bands make statements like that all the time. Who would have thought it could be true?

Dogstar 03-12-2005 11:32 PM

LOL, I hope it doesn't sound like that. I love that album, but I want them to sound like themselves, not a copy of someone else.

aussiecreeder 03-12-2005 11:44 PM

Quote:

LOL, I hope it doesn't sound like that. I love that album, but I want them to sound like themselves, not a copy of someone else.

exactly although i think cornell is sounding better than on the first album...well so far.

Dogstar 03-12-2005 11:54 PM

Yes, his voice sounded sweet.