CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   the creedfeed elections (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10346)

titan9 01-17-2006 08:34 PM

Re: the creedfeed elections

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
And you didn't pick him why...? :eek: If you're straight and live in the states... I mean, seriously... How much does it effect YOU if two women or two men get married? Or if someone abort their child. Let's, on the other hand, say that you wanna get "lose" the child or get married to the love of your life... Well, then it matters. I'm not gonna go all political here, so that's enough of that... But still... GO KENNY!!!

I'd really don't want to get into it(because I don't really care to discuss politics, or even religion, because of all the animosity that typically causes) but I will say that I have strong beliefs and because of those beliefs, I can't agree with certain politicians stances on certain key issues. These beliefs weren't forced on me; I thought deeply about them and accepted them as my own.

Anyway, with that being said, can't we add a couple of categories for voting? Perhaps a "calm/cool" category and maybe a "short-temper category"? :laugh:

Chase 01-17-2006 08:42 PM

the most controversial: uncertaindrummer
hottest: To be quite honest, I don't know what most of the people in here look like... but I'll go with Ana.
funniest: Rmadd
most intelligent and thought provoking: Ana, Titan, Rmadd, uncertaindrummer, revisfoot, Mrprophetman
the person you would like to actually meet the most: Ana, Titan, Rmadd, Steve, Lith, uncertaindrummer, revisfoot
the person who seems to live at creedfeed 24/7: Hmmm, I'm gonna go with Lith.
the person you would wish would come back to creedfeed that has been gone for quite a while: probably uncertaindrummer, followed by Dan.the person with the weirdest posts and threads: emissarygtrist

Chase 01-17-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
And you didn't pick him why...? :eek: If you're straight and live in the states... I mean, seriously... How much does it effect YOU if two women or two men get married? Or if someone abort their child. Let's, on the other hand, say that you wanna get "lose" the child or get married to the love of your life... Well, then it matters. I'm not gonna go all political here, so that's enough of that... But still... GO KENNY!!!

I'm not looking for a debate, but I'll try my best to answer your question. In regards to John Kerry, he lost... primarily... because of his inconsistencies. He was all over the place on the issues. He was recorded as constantly changing his stance on the War on Terror and the Republicans did a good job at exposing this weakness. He is a Catholic, but is pro-choice... that didn't sit well with a lot of Catholics and Protestants. He isn't for gar marriage, however. He is actually for civil unions for gay couples, which I don't have a problem with. Much of why gay marriage is adamantly opposed by the majority of Americans is because this nation, since the day of its founding, has been mostly populated by people of faith. Keep in mind, people of all faiths... Christians (Protestants, Catholics, and Mormons), Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus. You take those people away and you have a small percentage of people left. Most of the people of those faiths tend to be against gay marriage and abortion as well. Most Americans don't understand why a child should be denied the right to live if a couple was irresponsible one night. It's different if rape or incest is involved... but the issue is touchy, because as President Ronald Reagan pointed out: "I notice that everyone in favor of abortion has already been born."

Bottom line: I think the primary reason behind the inability to mobilize support for gay marriage and/or gay marriage is because of religion.

Ana4Stapp 01-17-2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
hottest: To be quite honest, I don't know what most of the people in here look like... but I'll go with Ana.
most intelligent and thought provoking: Ana, Titan, Rmadd, uncertaindrummer, revisfoot, Mrprophetman
the person you would like to actually meet the most: Ana, Titan, Rmadd, Steve, Lith, uncertaindrummer, revisfoot

I love you Chase ! :cloud9:

Ana4Stapp 01-17-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Anyway, with that being said, can't we add a couple of categories for voting? Perhaps a "calm/cool" category and maybe a "short-temper category"? :laugh:

Lets start it: cool/calm : YOU Titan, YOU!!!!!!
short -temper: Lithium (and uncertain sometimes)

PS: and to add:

hottest : Chase ;)

Anna1011 01-18-2006 05:05 AM

hey cant we have a catagory that i fit into lol

The Lithium 01-18-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
Most Americans don't understand why a child should be denied the right to live if a couple was irresponsible one night.

Yeah, I hear what your saying. But ain't it better that a child is never born than that the child is born unwanted...? But I'm sure you're right 'bout Kenny, you know more about US politics than I do.

Quote:

Perhaps a "calm/cool" category and maybe a "short-temper category"? :laugh:

Le'ts do it! Let's add the "Most Mature Person"... 'Cause I'm pretty sure I'd get at least one vote...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
short -temper: Lithium (and uncertain sometimes)

What I have a short temper... Well, maybe... But it is getting better and better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna1011
hey cant we have a catagory that i fit into lol

Sure. "Who's name is closest to Anna2122". :D

Oh, and I would like to state that the hottest person on here, would be my babe Hayley! Much because of her charming personality.

TeriB19 01-18-2006 09:29 AM

Guys, you know I love you all but drop the political discussions please or take them to the political forum. Thanks.

HuMaN~ClAy 01-18-2006 11:45 AM

Most Controversial: uncertaindrummer
Hottest: don't know what you guys look like
Funniest: aussiecreeder
most Intelligent and Thought Provoking: Chase
Person You Would Like To Meet: titan9
Person with CreedFeed 24/7: The Lithium
Person You Wish Would Come Back: Hayley
Weirdest Posts: RocketQueen
Calm/Cool: GregS
Short-Temper: The Lithium
Who's name is closest to Anna2122: Anna1011 :P lol

oh man, i could have put so many more names in there haha, but i wanted to keep it down to just one vote haha... this thread it pretty cool. no hard feelings to ppl who didn't get my vote...

Anna1011 01-18-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuMaN~ClAy
Who's name is closest to Anna2122: Anna1011 :P lol

woooo i get a vote lmao

The Lithium 01-18-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

oh man, i could have put so many more names in there haha, but i wanted to keep it down to just one vote haha... this thread it pretty cool. no hard feelings to ppl who didn't get my vote...

What about hard feelings for people who got votes? I got "Living on CreedFeed 24/7" and "Short-Temper". Awesome...!

Honestly, I think the guy with the shortest temper is IamFilthy. Or maybe he's just angry all the time, therefor has no so called "temper". I am actually kinda supprised that you all think I have a short temper, 'cause I really don't. But maybe I come off like that on the internet, and that's something I should work on. But I think a lot of you guys would actually change your mind if you met me in person.

titan9 01-18-2006 01:48 PM

I think the reason why some people are giving you the "short-temper" award is that you have, in the past, had mini-fights with other members(like, perhaps, IAmFilthy) and have called said members not so nice names at one point or another. I specifically remember one of the mods(Dogstar, I believe) telling you to "go easy" on the namecalling. So I think that is why you're perceived as a bit short-tempered, whether or not you are really like that off the net.

HuMaN~ClAy 01-18-2006 03:02 PM

sorry if i made you mad Lith haha, but i look at the living on creedfeed 24/7 as a good thing... something of pride :)... and i agree with titan on the short temper thing, but we see eye to eye on most things so i just find all your "mini fights" to be funny haha...

The Lithium 01-18-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

I think the reason why some people are giving you the "short-temper" award is that you have, in the past, had mini-fights with other members(like, perhaps, IAmFilthy) and have called said members not so nice names at one point or another. I specifically remember one of the mods(Dogstar, I believe) telling you to "go easy" on the namecalling. So I think that is why you're perceived as a bit short-tempered, whether or not you are really like that off the net.

Yes, but I've never used "namecalling" after that. I think Stephen does that a whole lot more than I do. And yeah, I've been in some mini-fights, but I'd like to say that's more because I have strong opinions, not a short temper. And, well, the IamFilthy thing... I'd really like to say he was fighting with me. I even got creds from Teri for acting so mature. (Although he was 10 year older than me, he didn't seem so old).

Quote:

sorry if i made you mad Lith haha, but i look at the living on creedfeed 24/7 as a good thing... something of pride :)... and i agree with titan on the short temper thing, but we see eye to eye on most things so i just find all your "mini fights" to be funny haha...

Yeah, I have to say... On some level I like them too.

I'm not gonna go crazy 'cause you guys said I have a short temper, THAT would be proof! :D Hahaha, honestly... I don't think you're right, and I think you'd change your mind if you knew me in person. But it's not a big deal for me if you actually think that.

But yes, I have a history of battles, and a few months ago I would choke up on anyway who blamed Mark for Creed's break-up, and gave all the creds to Stapp, etc... But that was just that short period.

Anna1011 01-18-2006 04:25 PM

hottest ~ Lith ;)
funniest ~ aussie
the person you would like to actually meet the most ~ all of you ive got to know over however long ive been here :D
the person you would wish would come back to creedfeed that has been gone for quite a while. ~ hayley i miss ya chicka
the person with the weirdest posts and threads ~ rocketqueen