CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   any possiblity of mark being overshadowed? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6309)

aussiecreeder 04-14-2004 09:58 AM

any possiblity of mark being overshadowed?

this is probably a trivial issue in the grand scheme of things but i was thinking today ( always dangerous :)) of the possiblity of Myles overshadowing Mark. The parallel is far from perfect but I drew one between A Perfect Circle and this new group. With APC's first album Billy Howerdel if i'm not mistaken wrote all of the music, song structures and melodies and Maynard "merely" added lyrics and vocals. So while it was essentially Billy's baby Maynard grabbed most of the attention.

I guess you could argue it was because of his profile (that Myles lacks) but when you have a top singer there is always the risk of the guitarist (no matter how good) being overshadowed. This is even more of Mark's baby because he has written everything or I think Michael said 95% of the content including lyrics. However with a voice like Myles and he is also a top guitar player will Mark have to play second fiddle once again? Does it even matter?

Am I way of base here?

RockGoddess 04-14-2004 10:07 AM

My gut tells me "no".

I think there is enough guitar work that allows Mark to shine and show what he can really do. And Myles has a totally laid back, almost humble personality. I just don't see it happening.

rainfall 04-14-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockGoddess
My gut tells me "no".

I think there is enough guitar work that allows Mark to shine and show what he can really do. And Myles has a totally laid back, almost humble personality. I just don't see it happening.

I agree with RockGoddess on this one, unless the fans completely forget about Mark, which I don't think they will, I know Myles wouldn't put himself in the positon to overshadow someones work, musical or otherwise. I believe Kennedy is just one of those musicians that will hopefully never forget where he has been, how he got there, and who has supported him through it...so put your mind at ease Hide, it will be all right.

Echelon122 04-14-2004 12:12 PM

Quote:

My gut tells me "no".

Rock On!!!!

Ya know...there's something to be said for releasing the album EARLIER in the summer too LOL

Trees of Wisdom 04-14-2004 12:52 PM

Mark wrote all of the lyrics. The reason why Mark was being overshadowed by Scott was because he couldn't go all out on guitar and he didn't wrote all the lyrics like he has done on his solo project. Mark doesn't care about being interviewed, I would assume. So, no he won't be overshadowed.

aussiecreeder 04-14-2004 07:24 PM

okay good points everyone i think you guys are right!

i don't think mark was overshadowed because he couldn't go all out because the plan was to on Creed's next album (have a read of some of Troy's quotes on Creed and more particulary Mark), its more Scott's personality, he is very extroverted and can sell a house to a real estate agent! :) maybe that is what he could do! :D rockgoddess one more question if possible, was myles "just" playing rhythm or did he get to show his skills as well?

hayley 04-14-2004 08:03 PM

That's quite an interesting question. But I'm not sure, I don't think so, just because this is basically a band he is going to be fitting into, whereas Mark, Flip, and Brian were obviously Creed, so they know what they are working with, but Myles will be new so I don't see it happening either.

Trees of Wisdom 04-14-2004 08:07 PM

We're assuming that Myles Kennedy doesn't have an ego.

aussiecreeder 04-14-2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom

true no-one is completely devoid of an ego but from what rainfall and rockgoddess amongst others have told us he is far from Axl Rose.

RockGoddess 04-14-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

rockgoddess one more question if possible, was myles "just" playing rhythm or did he get to show his skills as well?

I think it's way too early to say either way. From what I understand Myles is a talented guitarist in his own right. But for now his job is "lead singer". I would think that once the songs become a part of him, he may be able to concentrate on any added guitar work, should that be required.

hayley 04-14-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom

Okay, well I think all guys have an ego, just some show it more than others.

aussiecreeder 04-14-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

I think it's way too early to say either way. From what I understand Myles is a talented guitarist in his own right. But for now his job is "lead singer". I would think that once the songs become a part of him, he may be able to concentrate on any added guitar work, should that be required.

okay fair enough he is a very talented guitarist in his own right, i hope in a live setting and their next album he gets to add his own songwriting and guitar. (perhaps lead at times?)

aussiecreeder 04-14-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Okay, well I think all guys have an ego, just some show it more than others.

some just have a bigger reason for one....know what i mean? :D

hayley 04-14-2004 08:53 PM

lol yeah true

facelessman 04-14-2004 11:24 PM

second fiddle? i think not