CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I did the worst thing ever today! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6456)

Bridge of Clay 04-28-2004 10:46 PM

I did the worst thing ever today!

Do you know when you're with your friends (male) and then start making "your mama" jokes?

Unfortunately, I had the idea first and I made a joke about one of my friend's mother. The thing is she died a while ago, when he was in elementary school yet...

:banghead:

I didn't know about that... I'd never have guessed. I didn't know what to do or say, so I just left...

oh my God... I'm feeling awful, worst than it...

TeriB19 04-28-2004 10:52 PM

Marcos, I know it sucks. But you had no idea. Had you KNOWN and made the joke it would be different. But you didn't know about his mom passing. Don't beat yourself up, you've got US to do that for you!! ;)

JulieCitySlicker 04-28-2004 10:59 PM

OMG!
I'm sorry that happened to you Marcos :( But Teri is right, you had no clue :) Hopefully your friend will understand :hugs:

Bridge of Clay 04-28-2004 11:01 PM

Actually I had heard about it before, a long time ago. And I'm not a close friend, I don't see him very often. He's a friend of a friend. But no way I'd remember it...

I'll remember it next time though!

And thanks for the beating! hehehe ;)

Trees of Wisdom 04-28-2004 11:22 PM

That sucks. I hate when stuff like that happen. I hate it when you talk about how hot a certain girl is and that you would nail her and then you find out she's right behind you. :eek:

facelessman 04-28-2004 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
Do you know when you're with your friends (male) and then start making "your mama" jokes?

Unfortunately, I had the idea first and I made a joke about one of my friend's mother. The thing is she died a while ago, when he was in elementary school yet...

:banghead:

I didn't know about that... I'd never have guessed. I didn't know what to do or say, so I just left...

oh my God... I'm feeling awful, worst than it...

dude, ive done the same thing b4. i felt like a dumb-a

hayley 04-29-2004 05:17 AM

Ohh, thats nasty. Never mind though don't beat yourself up about it.

Higher_Desire 04-29-2004 03:39 PM

Dude, I'm sorry. That really sucks. Look on the bright side... at least it wasn't a "Yo' mama's so dead" joke.

H-D :dorky:

Shadow 04-29-2004 03:48 PM

Marcos, it was just an accident. Everybody says something they shouldn't at some point. Don't harp on it - you'll feel even worse. You know it was a mistake that you said something (that's what matters). :D

RMadd 04-29-2004 04:07 PM

i've done it before (except his family's "story" was a lot worse, more violent)... after i found out the real reason he and his sister lived with their grandma, i decided it'd be best to switch to "your grandma" jokes. got used to it after awhile, tho... it was bad thinking about it, tho (his mom, that is)

GoodGodGirl23 04-29-2004 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
That sucks. I hate when stuff like that happen. I hate it when you talk about how hot a certain girl is and that you would nail her and then you find out she's right behind you. :eek:

:D hehe!

GoodGodGirl23 04-29-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Dude, I'm sorry. That really sucks. Look on the bright side... at least it wasn't a "Yo' mama's so dead" joke.

H-D :dorky:

OMG! No Shit! :eek:

Sheila63 04-29-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Marcos, it was just an accident. Everybody says something they shouldn't at some point. Don't harp on it - you'll feel even worse. You know it was a mistake that you said something (that's what matters). :D

Marcos, what Robyn stated above and everyone else posted is true. We all say things we'd like to take back. If it will make you feel better, let him know how sorry you are for what you said. I've done that myself and it helps you feel better as well as the other person. Just a suggestion. You do what you feel is best and right for you. :)

Creed_Defaultgirl 04-29-2004 08:21 PM

I know how you feel when something like that happens. It sucks when you find something like that out, then your just speechless because you know you've hurt someone. :( Well, like Teri said, don't beat yourself up.

Bridge of Clay 04-29-2004 10:11 PM

yeah, today I feel I'm over it!

What doesn't change the fact I should be more serious and stop saying whatever pops in my mind! heh