CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Censorship in the "Land of Freedom" (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5554)

Higher_Desire 01-16-2004 04:11 PM

Censorship in the "Land of Freedom"

Unfortunatly, this "Land of Freedom" that we have known as America, as we all know, isn't always comprehendable.

Today, on my way home from work, What's This Life for was played on the radio. That's one of my favorite Creed songs, and I'm not sure as if I've heard it on the radio before or not, but I noticed that when Stapp sings:
"But they ain't here anymore. Don't have to settle no God-Damn score."
that the word that was censored out was NOT damn, but God.

How is it that God is a more offensive word then a word that even the dictionary proclaims as vulgar?

H-D :hypno:

Mr.Anderson 01-16-2004 04:31 PM

I think there getting way to carried away with censorship and politically correctness.

Torn Signs 01-16-2004 05:05 PM

I'll say, that's just sad.

Steve 01-16-2004 05:08 PM

The reason "God" was censored is not because "God" is offensive, but because it's offensive to say "God damned" to certain people. That song's always been edited like that on the radio.

JenRN 01-16-2004 05:34 PM

Hmmm... never noticed that before!

JulieCitySlicker 01-16-2004 05:40 PM

Me either :confused: I don't listen to the radio that much either ;)

Steve 01-16-2004 06:01 PM

I have the Promo CD Single of WTLF with the radio edit version on it :)

Bridge of Clay 01-16-2004 06:08 PM

yeah, on MTV they edited the same part as well.

I'm proud I'm keeping my mouth shut about the freedom issue! :D not that you care ...

DangerousDan85 01-16-2004 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
The reason "God" was censored is not because "God" is offensive, but because it's offensive to say "God damned" to certain people. That song's always been edited like that on the radio.

that's what i figured

hayley 01-17-2004 02:42 AM

Yeah that's true, God damned is offensive to some people. Its strange though because here they don't beep out anything on the rock station here, I guess that's saying if you don't like the song, the "swearing" don't listen, lol

Creed_Defaultgirl 01-17-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Yeah that's true, God damned is offensive to some people. Its strange though because here they don't beep out anything on the rock station here, I guess that's saying if you don't like the song, the "swearing" don't listen, lol

Y'know that Everlast song, uhh, I don't know the name of it. But here, some stations beep out drugs, and just the most non sence things to beep out. Drugs are a bad thing, but it isn't a bad word. That's always something that has made me wonder about.......

I have heard the edited version. Atleast they play the song! Some stations seem to have something against Creed, so they don't play the songs untill they have to.

Kim V. 01-17-2004 06:14 PM

Our local rock station, WMMR in Philly, plays Creed probably more often than some. I've heard WTLF several times on that station, and it's not edited out.

facelessman 01-18-2004 03:40 AM

yeah, censorship is crazy these days

RMadd 01-18-2004 07:59 PM

Yeah, I've noticed in other songs before, that "God" is censored. I'm not sure they're censoring the existence of the word "God", but moreso the fact that "Goddamn" is one of those offensive, illegal words like "shit" and "fuck"; "damn", of course, is an 'okay' word, so they prolly use that b/c it sorta gets the same message across... but I'm not sure why "Goddamn" is that much more offensive than just plain ol' "damn". ***damn, that sh** is f***ed up!

PaulMcCoygirl 01-18-2004 08:02 PM

When they play WTLF on our local rock station, they don't censor it out. I guess only certain ones do.