CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Dani California' (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10782)

Lechium 05-04-2006 01:25 AM

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Dani California'

RHCP has been going downhill since Mothers Milk. That was amazing CD thou. Now they kinda recycle same ideas over and over again. Cathcy songs yeah, but clooooones.

LeftOfTheMurder 05-04-2006 09:06 AM

Lechium - With all due respect, please don't make judgments like that without listening to Stadium Arcadium in its entirety. I certainly don't think Dani California is a good example of what the album suonds like. It's obvious that they release DC as the first single because it would work for anyone who listens to the radio. It's marketable. I think Stadium Arcadium tops Blood Sugar Sex Magik and anything before that. That's just my opinion and of course you are entitled to your own, but I think you should really check out all 28 new songs before making such a quick judgement based on the first single.

Lechium 05-05-2006 03:52 PM

By the same logic I should listen to Britney Spears CD's in ther entirey, before caliming that they suck?

metalchris25 05-05-2006 04:35 PM

thats a completely different style of music, and we all know it sux before listening to that filth.

Lechium 05-05-2006 04:53 PM

I dont see the difference. I heard previous RHCP record and it sucked, so I assume new one would as well.
I heard some Britney Spears songs and they sucked, so I assume new ones would as well.
Only difference is that it is very popular to say "Britney sucks" and "RHCP are pretty cool".
IMO artist who always sucked is not nearly as bad as one who used to be good but sucks now. That's just depressing =(

metalchris25 05-05-2006 05:03 PM

I can tell you have not heard but the one song, which does suck, but the others are really good.

Lechium 05-05-2006 05:54 PM

I never heard even that one song. Dont listen to the radio, dont care enough to d/l their CD -- where would I hear it?

LeftOfTheMurder 05-05-2006 09:19 PM

haha so how do you have any room whatsoever to comment on their new material? you havent even heard it....maybe you're in the wrong thread?

listen man, i understand where your coming from, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but i think your losing a little credibility when you say things like that without ever have given it a fair listen.

how can you compare the chili peppers with britney spears? RHCP all play their own instruments and write their own songs, unlike mrs. spears.

Lechium 05-05-2006 10:28 PM

Hey when derivative is negative, you KNOW not to expect an increase =)

metalchris25 05-06-2006 10:37 AM

Ultimate-Guitar.com has a review on the new album that is dead-on.

Lechium 05-06-2006 12:46 PM

When people say that review is 'dead-on' it really means 'review was written by a guy who feels same way as me'.
I already know your view on that CD, so that review would be redundant.

LeftOfTheMurder 05-07-2006 02:50 PM

good point. although some writers actually know what they're talking about and others simply do not.

metalchris25 05-07-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
When people say that review is 'dead-on' it really means 'review was written by a guy who feels same way as me'.
I already know your view on that CD, so that review would be redundant.

If you took the time to read it, you would know just how completly wrong you are. Assumptions are for fools.

Lechium 05-09-2006 05:32 AM

So I was browsing though the channels and came accross the video for that song.
Honestly... it tunrned out to be WORSE that what I expected.
It has signature RHCP sound all over it, but has absolutley not energy to it. Zilch! The song that is more of a RHCP clone than I could had imagined drags along like a train when you're waiting at an intersection -- monotonous and predictable sounds, and not much else.
If that's the lead single material for double album than the band really is just a pale reflection of their former self.
Sad.

LeftOfTheMurder 05-09-2006 08:13 AM

I think that DC is definately nowhere close to the best track on the double album. Again, judge the single by the single and the album by the album.