CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Misunderstood AB lyrics..... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7701)

TeriB19 10-14-2004 10:38 PM

Misunderstood AB lyrics.....

Yes, I've been singing "I can't wait....for butterfly to ceiling..... in this state of mind" for Watch Your Words for weeks before finally reading the cd booklet. I've also been singing "I can't win, I can fight no more, I'm drowning, in this second sight". Tell me I'm not the only one whose been singing the wrong words to some of the songs. Anyone else?

Dogstar 10-14-2004 10:41 PM

LMMFAO, I thought the exact same thing on the *ceiling* part when I first heard WYW...LMAO. I had to look those up to find out what he was really singing!

The Lithium 10-15-2004 03:37 AM

Sorry Teri, that's a HUGE misunderstanding!! I'm a swede and I could hear that Myles sings "I can't breathe"! :D

Sicky 10-15-2004 06:05 AM

I had looked them up on several internet sites and learnt them by heart even before I got the album :D

The Lithium 10-15-2004 09:40 AM

Dude, they're up on AB.com!

GeeK_2004 10-15-2004 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
LMMFAO, I thought the exact same thing on the *ceiling* part when I first heard WYW...LMAO. I had to look those up to find out what he was really singing!

I thought thats what he said ?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :wtf:

GeeK_2004 10-15-2004 11:05 AM

in w.y.w., I thought Myles was saying "I can't wait" but it's "I can’t breathe"

The Lithium 10-15-2004 11:20 AM

Yeah, I told ya! :D

Xterminator27 10-15-2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Yes, I've been singing "I can't wait....for butterfly to ceiling..... in this state of mind" for Watch Your Words for weeks before finally reading the cd booklet. I've also been singing "I can't win, I can fight no more, I'm drowning, in this second sight". Tell me I'm not the only one whose been singing the wrong words to some of the songs. Anyone else?

Sorry but i think your just crazy.

only lyric i got confused was end is here, when he says ill fight the end i thought it was find the end,

Dogstar 10-15-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
Sorry but i think your just crazy.

only lyric i got confused was end is here, when he says ill fight the end i thought it was find the end,

X, be nice, for a change!

Bridge of Clay 10-15-2004 09:04 PM

It's not a misunderstanding and I dunno if it happens coz I was used to Creed but I always tend to sing "cry ourselves to God, we'll sleep..." in Broken WIngs... :(

scrit 10-15-2004 11:17 PM

kinda wierd, but the first couple of times I heard Metalangus I thought he was singing "could you stab me flea" until I stopped to think it made NO SENCE

Dogstar 10-15-2004 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrit
kinda wierd, but the first couple of times I heard Metalangus I thought he was singing "could you stab me flea" until I stopped to think it made NO SENCE

LOL, that's a good one!

The Lithium 10-16-2004 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
It's not a misunderstanding and I dunno if it happens coz I was used to Creed but I always tend to sing "cry ourselves to God, we'll sleep..." in Broken Wings... :(

Now THAAAT'S a huge misunderstanding!!

R U Ready? 10-16-2004 11:17 AM

Same here...I thought it was "I can't wait" instead of "I can't breathe" in WYW and "I will find the end" instead of "I will fight the end" in TEIH. When I would sing along to BID, I was kinda like mumbling at first when Myles sang "Flew so high last night" until I took my lazy butt and read the lyrics in the excrutiating little AB font in the CD booklet. :D