CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Help Alter Bridge reach nr. 10. We need your help! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11836)

The Lithium 10-12-2007 07:26 PM

Help Alter Bridge reach nr. 10. We need your help!

Posted by Michael Tremonti, on ABB.et

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT
What's up everyone,

It looks like we have a great shot at debuting in the Top 10 but we need strong sales this weekend to ensure it. If you have not purchased the album yet, the major retailers are selling it at $7.99 for a limited time so this weekend would be a great opportunity. If you have purchased the album, and if you think it rocks, please tell all of your friends to grab a copy this weekend. We can do this people! Let's show Universal why Alter Bridge has the greatest fans in the world.

Look at it this way... if this album sells well it will ensure many more Alter Bridge albums will come out in the future. So let's crush this!!!

Thanks everyone and we look forward to seeing you all out at the shows. We have already had the privilege of meeting many of you so far and the band is loving it!

Michael Tremonti

Do it!

Agent D 10-12-2007 07:35 PM

Re: Help Alter Bridge reach nr. 10. We need your help!

I'll be picking it up this weekend.

J.T. 10-13-2007 12:57 PM

Already got 2 copies and hoping to convince some friends to get it. Wooo AB!

=D

revisfoot 10-13-2007 11:10 PM

I've done my part. One copy each from Best Buy, WalMart and Circuit City, BABY!

HeavensOnFire 10-14-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Posted by Michael Tremonti, on ABB.et

Do it!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA To Late To Pass It On :roll: :roll: for the 7.99 $ BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL REACH THAT GOAL GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYY

RMadd 10-14-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.T.
Already got 2 copies and hoping to convince some friends to get it.

Ummmm..... why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
I've done my part. One copy each from Best Buy, WalMart and Circuit City, BABY!

Ever heard of downloading?

Sometimes, what I'll do is buy the album (as I've done with Blackbird), then track down the 18 million other bonus tracks via the internets. I did that with Switchfoot's Oh! Gravity. Every last store that sold the album (FYE, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, iTunes, etc.) had different bonus tracks, some with only 1, a couple with as many as 3, and no single store had the 5 or so total tracks. So I bought a copy at Best Buy, then went and dl'd the other 3 tracks or so that appeared on other editions, and now it's like I've got all of 'em. Because, if you think about it, if you're buying an $8-15 album for just one or two songs.

J.T. 10-15-2007 06:31 PM

Why'd I buy two copies? Why do I want to convince some friends to get it? One, because I wanted one from iTunes, and a hard copy of the CD. Two, because Alter Bridge is Teh Awesome and my friends must find out. =D

RMadd 10-15-2007 11:05 PM

I was really only questioning why you got 2 copies, but I guess I just assumed you had bought 2 actual CDs. I'm not familiar w/ iTunes/iPods. Are you not able to rip a CD you buy & put it on your computer/iPod?

Can't blame ya for wanting your friends to find out. :thumbsup:

Dogstar 10-16-2007 02:40 AM

I like physical CDs, call me old-school, lol. Anyway, I already have one copy, but I couldn't get to the other stores to get the various versions. I wish they'd just put out one with all the bonus stuff. I'll probably download the bonus stuff, too.

J.T. 10-16-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
I was really only questioning why you got 2 copies, but I guess I just assumed you had bought 2 actual CDs. I'm not familiar w/ iTunes/iPods. Are you not able to rip a CD you buy & put it on your computer/iPod?

Can't blame ya for wanting your friends to find out. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you can rip an actual CD to your iPod...but I wanted it right then, and also because it had an extra bonus track. Wooo! :D

titan9 10-16-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I like physical CDs, call me old-school, lol. Anyway, I already have one copy, but I couldn't get to the other stores to get the various versions. I wish they'd just put out one with all the bonus stuff. I'll probably download the bonus stuff, too.

Exactly. I would literally cry if they ever stopped releasing physical CDs. I love having the CD and the artwork and then being able to rip that to my iPod.

RMadd 10-16-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Exactly. I would literally cry if they ever stopped releasing physical CDs. I love having the CD and the artwork and then being able to rip that to my iPod.

I try not to get too attached to CDs themselves. After all, what happened to vinyl, 8-tracks, and cassettes? Granted, vinyl is still popular among collectors, but you really can't find new releases on any of these. Digital music is the new way, and I'm sure in the next 10-15 years, we'll see "albums" released in a different way.

Dogstar 10-17-2007 04:05 AM

That may be, but I want the dang album art and liner notes and all that stuff that goes with it.

titan9 10-17-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

That may be, but I want the dang album art and liner notes and all that stuff that goes with it.

Bingo! I love being able to open the case, pull out the liner notes and read them (especially the Thank Yous...I thought it was cool to see Alter Bridge thank Johnny Damon and family as well as Adam "Edge" Copeland). Not to mention the awesome album art. I was able to pull out the album art for ODR and use that as a mini poster on my wall.

RMadd 10-17-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

I understand. For good bands that I like, I want the same. But it seems most people who want their latest top 40 hit could care less.