CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I wish this forum was a bit more active (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12687)

BSC 09-28-2009 02:25 PM

I wish this forum was a bit more active

Should we do something to increase the activity of this forum?

I'm saying this because ABB.net is a pretty bad site to go on now, mostly because of the members and their opinions of Creed... but they have a pretty active Creed section (mostly because it's off-topic crap).

So do you think we could do anything?

Dark_Knight 09-28-2009 02:54 PM

Re: I wish this forum was a bit more active

I agree 110% although I still love most of the people over at ABB.net, it just gets ridiculous sometimes.

XALTERBRIDGEX 09-28-2009 02:59 PM

I think Steve is trying to get this board active via the two contests he has run recently...but ya its kinda dead over here...

creediscool17 09-28-2009 03:09 PM

abb.net sucks. if you say anything true but unflattering about the band the mods will come down on you like an anvil... they all blindly worship the band like its their job or something... i love alter bridge/creed but if there is something i dont like about them at some point i feel like i should be allowed to say what i want without having my threads deleted by some forum nazi.

creediscool17 09-28-2009 03:09 PM

abb.net sucks. if you say anything true but unflattering about the band the mods will come down on you like an anvil... they all blindly worship the band like its their job or something... i love alter bridge/creed but if there is something i dont like about them at some point i feel like i should be allowed to say what i want without having my threads deleted by some forum nazi.

Icedmofo 09-28-2009 03:09 PM

The following is not meant as a negative statement, just a statement of fact:

When you look at the main page of this website it's not really consistently updated. The fact that in the most recent headlines below the 3 up are from 2004 attests to this.

I think if the main site showed more up to date info (such as putting up the clip of Thousand Faces to help give a lead in to the forums for something people can watch) and was updated more often then the forums would see a boost.

I understand this is CREEDfeed, but there was never really any news keeping people updated on Alter Bridge while creed was broken up on the main site, so there's been around 5 years of people not seeing any new info out of this site, so of course ABB.net is more active.

just my two cents

creediscool17 09-28-2009 03:10 PM

ok i have no idea why that was posted like 5 times...

Dark_Knight 09-28-2009 03:17 PM

I'm sure Steve is working on it...updates would be nice though.

Steve 09-28-2009 05:09 PM

I was in the process of rebuilding the site to be updated however real life has stepped in and taken away my time. Haven't posted this anywhere yet but I just bought a house. Between work and getting ready to move into the house I have not had much time to work on this site :(

Icedmofo is exactly correct. The site was not updated for awhile, causing fewer people coming back. Traffic started picking up when Creed reunited however again because lack of updates I think people came to the site and left.

Hopefully things will pick up as I slowly update the site. If you, the members, would like to help, get your friends to come on the forums and post. The more people on the forums and the more active the forums become, the more likely it is that newbies will register and start posting.

Dark_Knight 09-28-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I was in the process of rebuilding the site to be updated however real life has stepped in and taken away my time. Haven't posted this anywhere yet but I just bought a house. Between work and getting ready to move into the house I have not had much time to work on this site :(

Icedmofo is exactly correct. The site was not updated for awhile, causing fewer people coming back. Traffic started picking up when Creed reunited however again because lack of updates I think people came to the site and left.

Hopefully things will pick up as I slowly update the site. If you, the members, would like to help, get your friends to come on the forums and post. The more people on the forums and the more active the forums become, the more likely it is that newbies will register and start posting.

Totally understand. Best of luck with everything, really looking forward to the updates & of course this site growing again...I'll do my best to keep spreading the word.

King Oropher 09-28-2009 07:47 PM

I would like this place to be more active, I have been going on ABB because I have found the Creed forum has more topics started, info active etc. I guess it's up to all of us to make this happen in here.

nagpo 09-28-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creediscool17

most mods are like that actually.

jeffro5422 09-28-2009 08:21 PM

Hey guys. I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. Hopefully this board can stay active and keep up with the new info on the band. I usually post at ABB.net but like you guys said, its getting crazy over there. Tons of disrespect being shown toward other members, the band, ERock, everybody.

I probably know some of you guys, but I look forward to meeting some new fans on here. :)

nagpo 09-28-2009 08:35 PM

welcome.

Dark_Knight 09-28-2009 08:41 PM

Welcome Jeffro...I'm pretty sure you know me by now lol