CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed reunion opinion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10374)

Dogstar 01-24-2006 05:49 PM

Re: Creed reunion opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Personally I don't see it happening at all. Considering the history between Stapp and Marshall, then figure in that Marshall is now playing with AB, I don't see Mark and Flip saying "Let's dump Brian and get back together with Stapp after all." Nothing is written in stone, but I think there is very very little chance of it happening.

I agree. Too much bad blood there.

titan9 01-24-2006 10:39 PM

I don't think you can ever say never. Stranger things have happened than a possible Creed reunion. However, I highly doubt that it'll happen. Still, it could happen in the future, and if it did, I'd definitely go to any show on the reunion tour. I just wish that the four guys(Stapp, Flip, Mark and Brian) were at least on friendly terms. That is more important to me than any kind of possible reunion. Hopefully these four eventually reconcile, although even that seems highly unlikely right now.

Agent D 01-24-2006 10:45 PM

Why would anyone want Creed to reunite? For what purpose? They're not going to sound like what they once did. They're not going to write any new music. What's done is done and we're all better off.

The Lithium 01-25-2006 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
Yeah, I can imagine Stapp being a pain in the ass - with him, Jagger (maybe another kid), his wife (maybe a third!) and his sobriety coach (I hope he doesn't need one by then) it would get pretty crowded on the tour!

I think the reason why Mark wouldn't want to tour with Stapp is because Stapp was an asshole on the last tour. Mark have made it pretty clear that it was a nightmare he never want to relive... Ever again!

GregS 01-25-2006 08:15 AM

Ye i personally dont see a Creed reunion.
1. Mark , Brian , Flip are happy in AB and LOVE IT.
2. Brian & Stapp hate one another.
3. Stapp is already peforming Creed songs live which Mark hates.. I think thats the closest we'll ever get to hearing Creed again..
I know theres alot of other reasons of why there wont be a reunion but imo they some of the 3 main points.

marlsy 01-25-2006 09:59 AM

Hey all, I thought I would pop in here to let you all know I saw and talked to Mark at the NAMM show last Saturday, I asked him if there was ever a chance of him working with Scott again and he said, " No way, NEVER." I said well I guess it's true you guys hate eachother and he said "yep!"
It was really great to see and meet him in person! I was star struck!!! He is so cute and soft spoken. He has such a baby face!!
I have to say I am sad to think Creed will never be again. I miss them soooooooo much.
I had a great time at the Namm show and I have lots of pics of my 16 year old daughter meeting a bunch of rock stars if anyone wants to see. I also have pics with my daughter and I meeting mark!!

IamFilthy 01-25-2006 11:33 AM

In my opinion,..Creed will reunite for somewhat of a 'farewell tour" one last time. It may be 10 or 15 years down the road, but I assure everyone that it will happen. No matter what Mark says now, b/c time heals all wounds and I believe that their paths will cross again.But,....thats just my opinion.....

Dogstar 01-25-2006 01:33 PM

Time may heal wounds, but it doesn't mean they will work together again.

TeriB19 01-25-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlsy
Hey all, I thought I would pop in here to let you all know I saw and talked to Mark at the NAMM show last Saturday, I asked him if there was ever a chance of him working with Scott again and he said, " No way, NEVER." I said well I guess it's true you guys hate eachother and he said "yep!"
It was really great to see and meet him in person! I was star struck!!! He is so cute and soft spoken. He has such a baby face!!
I have to say I am sad to think Creed will never be again. I miss them soooooooo much.
I had a great time at the Namm show and I have lots of pics of my 16 year old daughter meeting a bunch of rock stars if anyone wants to see. I also have pics with my daughter and I meeting mark!!

MARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy cow, now there's a blast from the past!!!! Hope you are well!! Please do share the pics with us!!!

Ana4Stapp 01-25-2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlsy

:rolleyes: Enough?

marlsy 01-25-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
MARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy cow, now there's a blast from the past!!!! Hope you are well!! Please do share the pics with us!!!

Hi Terri!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing very well thank you, how are you doing!!! I hope all is well with you and all the oldtimers that remember me!!! (and everyone else of course too)!!!! ;) I havnt been on here in forever!!! I was so majorly bummed when Creed broke up that I just kinda stopped coming here. When I saw Mark at NAMM I thought of you guys and decided to stop by and say hey!!!! I will post my pics for you, where should I post em? Here or in chatorama or what??? I will post them when I get home from picking my daughter up from school. See ya soon, Marlsy

Dogstar 01-25-2006 05:26 PM

MARLSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!

Braddsn 01-25-2006 05:35 PM

This was the response I assumed this post would spawn. :D But I am going to humbly stick to my guns, I truly believe there will be a reunion. I have been blessed with being able to play music on the road for many years, and have even played under a label for a while (drummed for Terry Mike Jefferey for 2 years). I have seen and been a part of entertainment dynamics for many years, and I know how these things work. I have seen bands with MUCH bigger problems than Creed did, get back together after a decade or so and do reunion tours. Creed is nothing compared to some of the stuff that went on in bands like Motley Crue, G n R, and especially Fleetwood Mac. Band dynamics are very complex, and so is the entertainment industry. But here is the bottom line (unfortunately)... MONEY. After a band reaches Creed status, everyone involved is FILTHY rich... and I dont just mean millions. I mean hundred millions. Creed has sold over 20 million albums thus far if I remember correctly. So for the boys in the band, money is not going to be a problem for a LONG time. But it seems like almost every time, 'somehow' people run out of money and want to make a few more million. I am not saying that will happen, but it lends possibility.
Someone mentioned earlier that they felt like Creed had passed their peak after My Own Prison. Well, that is purely opinion, as is all of this that I am writing. My sister is not a big fan of MOP but LOVES Weathered. (Personally I cannot imagine someone listening to "stand here with me" and think they were past their peak). Anyhow, hopefully everyone will just have fun with the post and not start bickering with each other.. because lets face it.. NONE of us know squat about what really goes on behind the scenes. My opinion is only coming from the said "average".. in other words, what "usually" happens with bands like Creed. By the way, im not stuck on Creed.. I don't worship them or anything. I like the band, and mostly I think that it is amazing what they did in such short time. I do in fact like the music and hope they come back and write new stuff. Dogstar said it in another post.. "They caught lightning in a bottle". I hope they do it again!!
-Peace ;)

Braddsn 01-25-2006 05:39 PM

Oh and Ana4Stapp, you quoted what marlsy said and then asked "was that enough".. well, no its not enough.. to answer your question.
I have been in fights and arguments with many people, and even after months or years if you asked me if I would ever speak to them again, I would have said "no way". But I find myself friends with them again at some point. Time heals. Just an opinion.

Dogstar 01-25-2006 06:10 PM

Nobody's really bickering :D. We're just stating our opinions as well, and some people disagree with yours. I was the one who said I thought they were past their peak with Weathered. One of the other reasons I didn't like it as much as the previous records was the real lack of a bass presence. Mark did what he could, I guess, but it had no feeling to me and felt almost non-existent. Yes, plenty of big bands have gotten back together for the coin, but it usually takes a few years, sometimes more than a decade. I'm just not sure Creed was big enough for a long-enough period to fit that reunion category. It's been almost a decade since Soundgarden broke up, and they show know signs of getting back together, even though whatever rifts they had among them have been healed.