CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rolling Stone article about break-up (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6984)

Dogstar 07-06-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mRational
As for the scope of the album, it will be heavier than Creed (but remember AB isnt' a metal band).

I'm not saying it has to be metal. I'm saying I'd like a harder edge to it, sort of like the My Own Prison/HC days, the music that got me into Creed in the first place. Weathered, overall, had a much lighter feel to it, IMO, with songs like Don't Stop Dancing, Lullaby, Stand Here With Me (which does have a kick-ass solo), Hide, etc. Not that I don't like those songs, but they just didn't pack the punch that songs like Illusion, Unforgiven, Sister, WTLF, What If and Say I did for me.

Shadow 07-06-2004 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mRational
Would you like to back that assertion with an argument? :D

I don't want to argue. I have had my fair share of disagreements because of my support for Scott Stapp. I will support him in whatever he decides to do in the future.

I don't think Scott held anybody back. Mark and Scott P. were not held captive be him. They were part of Creed because they wanted to be. They were best friends. They were all in the band willingly, and creating music they were all proud of until "things" took a different turn. I don't think you will ever hear any of them talk negatively about the songs they wrote.

I don't love OYE the way I loved all the Creed songs the first time I heard them. But I will definitely give the CD a chance because Mark, Scott and Brian were part of Creed. But there will always be that something missing - Scott's voice - along with the songwriting combination of Tremonti/Stapp.

Sheila63 07-06-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I don't want to argue. I have had my fair share of disagreements because of my support for Scott Stapp. I will support him in whatever he decides to do in the future.

I don't think Scott held anybody back. Mark and Scott P. were not held captive be him. They were part of Creed because they wanted to be. They were best friends. They were all in the band willingly, and creating music they were all proud of until "things" took a different turn. I don't think you will ever hear any of them talk negatively about the songs they wrote.

I don't love OYE the way I loved all the Creed songs the first time I heard them. But I will definitely give the CD a chance because Mark, Scott and Brian were part of Creed. But there will always be that something missing - Scott's voice - along with the songwriting combination of Tremonti/Stapp.

Well said, Robyn. :clap: :clap:

I feel the same way.

musiclover291 07-06-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

Great post I agree in what you said. Stapp is always getting attacked and made to be the bad guy in all of this. I don't like that Creed is no longer their songs and live concerts have been a big influence in my life and I think they are all great artist. But they are human and I respect Stapp for wanting more I think he is a entertainer and can do very well in every avenue (acting, music, fashion, etc..) plus business and spend more time with his son. If Mark and Flip couldn't embrace that and wanted something different then it is best that they disbanded.

Bridge of Clay 07-06-2004 09:34 PM

You see... Robin and Sheila are mainly Stapp supporters. But they are moderated and their posts are reasonable. That's the way to go, there's no need to be blindly passionated and over react about everything.

Sheila63 07-09-2004 04:12 PM

Thanks, Marcos, I appreciate it. :)

Bridge of Clay 07-09-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

But there will always be that something missing - Scott's voice - along with the songwriting combination of Tremonti/Stapp.

Agreed!

Except that I loved OYE! :)