CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is it me? or do some of us seem to be divided between Mark and Scott. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5265)

PaulMcCoygirl 12-18-2003 08:40 PM

Well said creedsister! :clap:

devils_here 12-18-2003 09:10 PM

Quote:

There's nothing wrong for lovin' Flip,Tremonti or Stapp more!!!! We all know that it's the whole band that brought us each one of them!!! CREED is very precious 2 me.. but what's wrong with lovin' Stappy just a little bit more????

:cheers: I couldn't agree with you more.

Creed as a whole drew me in back in '99' and I really didn't pay any close attention to any one member, but as time went on and they became more popular I have to admit that Scott Stapp captured me for all the reasons that people before me have stated. I would never bad mouth Mark or Flip but I am a Stapp Mama through and through. :naughty:

WeatheredWoman 12-19-2003 06:19 AM

:drunk2: Yo Stapp Mama!!! Cheers!!! ;)

Kim V. 12-19-2003 09:15 AM

I agree with Teri and LuvScott, I hate the idea of them being apart, but if going their own ways (for a short time) and exploring new things on their own will help in their growth as artists, so be it. Then maybe after they've satisfied the need to explore new horizons, they will realize that the sum of the parts together is something so magical and special, it can't be topped! CREED FOREVER!

hayley 12-20-2003 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
Then why didn't u call yourself "addicted2creed" ??? ;)

lol...someone asked me that before...my original name that I wanted was actually addicted2creed, I was deciding on names and looking on Creed Pit for ideas, when I saw addicted2creed, and I thought that I don't really want to copy a name from someone else so I settled on addicted2stapp. :)

Quote:

hahahahaha and look at the Avatars :D

That's just because I think Stapp is the better looking out of all 3 ;) :pant: But I have had Flip, Mark avies.

Quote:

There's nothing wrong for lovin' Flip,Tremonti or Stapp more!!!! We all know that it's the whole band that brought us each one of them!!!

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with liking one more than the other, I never said that, it's just when it goes to far and divides people and fans, and siding starts, do you know what I mean?

devils_here 12-20-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

:drunk2: Yo Stapp Mama!!! Cheers!!! ;)

That's right baby :thumbsup: :laugh:

SCOTTSMYMAN 12-20-2003 09:19 AM

Quote:

The same thing counts for "Creedsmymen"

I hear what you are saying! I love Creed as a whole but Scott drew me in with his voice. When I first saw him I thought THAT voice is coming out of THERE! As much as I love Flip and Mark, SCOTT'S MY MAN!!!!!! Hence my name! His just a beautiful specimen of man and I can't help myself! :pant: :pant: :pant:

WeatheredWoman 12-20-2003 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
lol...someone asked me that before...my original name that I wanted was actually addicted2creed, I was deciding on names and looking on Creed Pit for ideas, when I saw addicted2creed, and I thought that I don't really want to copy a name from someone else so I settled on addicted2stapp. :)

Ok.. that makes sense!!

Quote:

That's just because I think Stapp is the better looking out of all 3 ;) :pant:

You bet!!! :D

Quote:

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with liking one more than the other, I never said that, it's just when it goes to far and divides people and fans, and siding starts, do you know what I mean?

Yeah I know what you mean girl.. I guess this all started with that poll: Who would be bigger?

WeatheredWoman 12-20-2003 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
When I first saw him I thought THAT voice is coming out of THERE!

Exactly!!!! :wow:

Quote:

His just a beautiful specimen of man and I can't help myself! :pant: :pant: :pant:

:wub: ... can't help myself either !!

creedsister 12-20-2003 07:40 PM

Quote:

Exactly!!!! :wow:

:wub: ... can't help myself either !!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

JulieCitySlicker 12-20-2003 10:30 PM

I've always been a Mark fan ;) :D I do still love em all to :cool:

creedlvr 12-21-2003 11:20 AM

Quote:

When I first saw him I thought THAT voice is coming out of THERE!

:laugh:

That's SO funny to me because I thought the same thing!!!

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-21-2003 04:03 PM

I think Scott's voice is great for him! I know you're not saying it's not, but take a look at Dallas Smith (my avatar, and Default's lead singer) He is like, a wimpy guy, and his voice completely doesn't match. He looks way too small to do what he does! LOL, Scott, I think he matches his voice quite well!

hayley 12-21-2003 05:06 PM

Yeah you wouldn't think somone like Stapp would have a voice so powerful, but I guess as the saying goes, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" :D

hayley 12-21-2003 05:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah I know what you mean girl.. I guess this all started with that poll: Who would be bigger?

Yeah true, that's probably where the whole thing started :(

creedwisdom 12-21-2003 10:41 PM

i said this in a post a week or so ago, but even though they are both and all amazing talents, magic is created when they work together they fulfill and complete each other artistically, and seem to balance one another personally....

i loved your post, creedlvr, i feel very much the same.

mark is truly a prodigy, and there is no doubt that any music he creates would utterly rock, but for me, that's all it would do without the deeper, more spiritual component in stapp's writing. on the flipside, without the phenominal "delicate force", as i call it, of mark's guitar, no one would take notice of the lyrics and the message.

mark is caring and stable. he doesn't have to work as hard at life as scott. the same emotion that brings brilliance to stapp's performing and writing causes him to be volatile and fragile. more dimensions of his humanity come through in everything he does--good and bad. i would not change a thing about the men who built this band, their uniqueness makes CREED unique. i only hope that down the road, after some time and space, they can rediscover their bond and once more create music like no one else.

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-21-2003 11:36 PM

Yeah

Dogstar 12-21-2003 11:39 PM

Quote:

he doesn't have to work as hard at life as scott. the same emotion that brings brilliance to stapp's performing and writing causes him to be volatile and fragile

I'm not sure I agree with this. I mean, we don't really know how or what they do to survive life or how hard they have to work at it. I don't think emotion and volatility are exclusive to lyricists. There have been some pretty emotional guitar players/writers in the anals of rock.

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-21-2003 11:48 PM

Although, I did agree to that, I see where you are coming from Dogstar. Mark did write alot of the lyrics. I think they are both very emotional writers.

Dogstar 12-22-2003 12:03 AM

I just think it's hard for fans to really judge how a rockstar really deals. We only see/hear a small piece of them through their music and concerts. And that is through a performance vein. I don't know...I'm just rambling, hehe.

creedsister 12-22-2003 12:29 AM

:D :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by creedwisdom
i said this in a post a week or so ago, but even though they are both and all amazing talents, magic is created when they work together they fulfill and complete each other artistically, and seem to balance one another personally....

mark is truly a prodigy, and there is no doubt that any music he creates would utterly rock, but for me, that's all it would do without the deeper, more spiritual component in stapp's writing. on the flipside, without the phenominal "delicate force", as i call it, of mark's guitar, no one would take notice of the lyrics and the message.

mark is caring and stable. he doesn't have to work as hard at life as scott. the same emotion that brings brilliance to stapp's performing and writing causes him to be volatile and fragile. more dimensions of his humanity come through in everything he does--good and bad. i would not change a thing about the men who built this band, their uniqueness makes CREED unique. i only hope that down the road, after some time and space, they can rediscover their bond and once more create music like no one else.

:D :D ,,thats creed

hide 12-22-2003 01:46 AM

i still hope we get an album in 2005 but i guess i shouldn't hold my breath!

facelessman 12-22-2003 02:24 AM

meh

creedlvr 12-22-2003 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedwisdom

well said! I agree! :thumbsup:

GeeK_2004 12-22-2003 11:51 PM

..."Human pride sings a vengeful song, Inspired by the times you've been walked on, My stage is shared by many millions, Who lift their hands up high because they feel this, We are one We are strong, The more you hold us down the more we press on..."

hayley 12-23-2003 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
i still hope we get an album in 2005 but i guess i shouldn't hold my breath!

Yeah I know what you mean, I am still hoping also, but I keep on thinking don't get too excited

creedmarine81 08-09-2007 07:24 PM

Re: Is it me? or do some of us seem to be divided between Mark and Scott.

scotts voice and charisma bought me to creed along with his lyrics... scott should have kept his band and still been known as creed. he has the right. he is the lyricist and vocalist... his voice is what says to us "thats creed" not tremonti's guitar. So scott you da man leave da bums behind and continue creed you will still rock out!

Agent D 08-09-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedmarine81
scotts voice and charisma bought me to creed along with his lyrics... scott should have kept his band and still been known as creed. he has the right. he is the lyricist and vocalist... his voice is what says to us "thats creed" not tremonti's guitar. So scott you da man leave da bums behind and continue creed you will still rock out!

Oh my god...

You did not just bump a four year old thread to post that incoherant dribble.

creedmarine81 08-10-2007 06:30 PM

oh my god why dont you stop dribbling over yourself you ignorant weirdo

creedmarine81 08-10-2007 06:30 PM

J.T. 08-11-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

That actually was really stupid to do. You bumped a 4 year old thread to say Stapp "was" Creed. Stapp wasn't Creed. Marks guitar was a huge part of Creed along with Stapps voice. Agent D was completely right.

creedmarine81 08-13-2007 10:23 AM

both you guys need to get off tremontis jockstrap and go listen to your def leppord cd's. get a life ya weirdnesses

J-Man 08-13-2007 10:32 AM

The only weirdo is you. You joined 8/7/07 just to start up crap. Why? Is it because AB has a new single and you're getting jealous at all of the attention they're getting? Get over it. As you can tell your meaningless posts are irritating people and you're making some stapp fans look bad too.

Scorpion King 08-13-2007 12:02 PM

Weirdnesses?

J.T. 08-14-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

both you guys need to get off tremontis jockstrap and go listen to your def leppord cd's. get a life ya weirdnesses

What? Lol. Are you serious? You just decided you would sign up to this site and start bashing Mark Tremonti and Alter Bridge? I'm a fan of both Stapp and Tremonti, but you're making Stapp fans look like retards.

J.T. 08-14-2007 12:48 AM

Sorry double post.

Dogstar 08-17-2007 05:47 PM

We all have our different reasons for liking Creed. For some, it was Stapp, for others, like me, it was Tremonti. We can discuss the differences, but let's keep it civil, ok? No name-calling, thanks. :)

creedmarine81 08-17-2007 05:55 PM

no probs .. in the words of cobain "all apologies".

Dogstar 08-17-2007 06:04 PM

:) By the way, welcome to the board!