CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A poll (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4590)

HeadachyMatt 10-09-2003 06:19 PM

A poll

well i'm pretty sure creed would top mosts llists if i included them, so i'm asking which of these bands is your favorite, they are all less than 10 years old

LINKIN PARK (i think they have perfected rap/rock, nice meaningful lyrics, i'd say a hard vesion of creed)

SALIVA (not a huge fan of the first album, but the second one is perfect, Always is a great song, Saliva seems to be showing the true virtues of a hard rock band)

GOOD CHARLOTTE (don't care what you say, these guys have got it, and great presence and 2 great cd's.)

PUDDLE OF MUDD (Finally!!! a modern rock band that knows how to right songs, the first album by this group is a perfect set of songs, they show there talents with a hardcore song "control" and a emotional song "blurry")

NICKELBACK (proved they aren't one hit wonders, after the success of "how you remind me" they pulled back with 2 even better songs, "too bad" and "someday" )

i'd have to pick Puddle of Mudd, if there 2nd album is anything liek the first, i could see these guys sticking around for a LONG time

JulieCitySlicker 10-09-2003 06:46 PM

Linkin Park:dancing:
I've never heard anything from Good Charlotte

Dogstar 10-09-2003 07:10 PM

I don't like any of them :D.

Lechium 10-09-2003 07:18 PM

2HeadachyMatt: why didnt you just call yoru list "shit MTV pushed down our thoats 24/7"? no offence, but...
recent bands? well dredg, QOTSA, Dandy Warhols, Gorillaz, Mars Volta and some others I cant think of right now.

Steve 10-09-2003 07:20 PM

The only band in that list I really like is Nickelback.

Lechium 10-09-2003 07:22 PM

Re: A poll

Quote:

Originally posted by HeadachyMatt
<b>they show there talents with a hardcore song "control" </b>

hardcore is a subtype of punk rock. versy fast loud and chaotic. 'control' was a very ordinary song with extroordinary bad lyrics.

JulieCitySlicker 10-09-2003 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
<b>2HeadachyMatt: why didnt you just call yoru list "shit MTV pushed down our thoats 24/7"? no offence, but...
recent bands? well dredg, QOTSA, Dandy Warhols, Gorillaz, Mars Volta and some others I cant think of right now. </b>

You still don't have a single thing nice to say:rolleyes: Why am I not surprised

DangerousDan85 10-09-2003 07:52 PM

Linkin Park, i like a few of their songs, but i'm just sick of them

Saliva, terrible band name, haven't really liked anything i've heard from them, the Click Click Boom video was good for laughing at

Good Charlotte, annoying as hell, their songs make me nauseous, almost as much as John Mayer

Puddle of Sh*t, nuff said

Nickelback, i like em

JenRN 10-09-2003 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
The only band in that list I really like is Nickelback.

Me too!

Lechium 10-09-2003 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
You still don't have a single thing nice to say:rolleyes: &nbsp;Why am I not surprised

hard to say anothign about list as 'outstanding' as his/hers... what do you expect me to say?
I have a lot of nice things to say, and I do, too bad that there are very few target for such things around here.

HeadachyMatt 10-09-2003 10:36 PM

u already said stuff, you dont want to seem unoriginal do you hehe

ahh good old puddle of mudd hehehehe

hide 10-09-2003 11:11 PM

i'm going to guess your quite young because all of those bands are the so called "MTV rocks bands". I like Nickelback and Linkin Park is okay but Good Charlotte's talents levels are laughably low sorry. Try these on for size:

Pearl Jam
Tool
Radiohead
Third Day (christian band)
Submersed(sought of Creed side-project)
anything by Troy Stetina
Temple of the Dog
Virgos
Mad Season
Stone Gossard
Bad Radio

HeadachyMatt 10-10-2003 12:01 AM

well i jsut wanted to name newer bands, those bands are old

puddle of mudd isnt mtv, sorry

Dogstar 10-10-2003 01:25 AM

Hide's just trying to get you to expand your musical mind a little, HeadachyMatt. I've been exposed to a lot more music through this message board and others, stuff that doesn't necessarily get played on the radio. The music industry is one incestuous club of late, on all fronts, video, record label, concert venues and radio. There are many, many talented bands getting shut out of the mainstream channels because they don't fit the *formula* the industry people say will translate into big bucks. Some of the early 90s music broke some ground and others simply took what came before them and put their own twist on it. The bands he or she (don't know if you're male or female, hide :D) cites are some dang good bands, lyrically and musically.

hide 10-10-2003 02:22 AM

yeah i'm male I don't want to sound like an elitist here at all . Most of my favourite bands come from the early 90's because honestly music hasen't being the same since. There have being good bands eg: collective soul, our lady peace, seven mary three and of course Creed since but the early 90's was fantastic. Nirvana are overated for me but still fantastic even just for Cobain's energy and Grohl's drumming.

Most of the bands I listed are still making music and believe me you can have a lot of fun discovering older bands such as the Doors, Neil Young, The Who, Led Zepplin etc:

If you want something a little different try the Mars Volta.