CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sacramento Dec. 2 Concert (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=740)

souldancer 12-04-2002 03:04 AM

Sacramento Dec. 2 Concert

First, let me say two words <b>"FACELESS MAN"</b> - yeahhh, that rocked! Of course, there is nothing like a live Creed concert - the energy (and pyro) heated the room! There was probably some pressure on them, with disgruntled locals/DJ's upset about the three prior 'no shows'. Had a great view on the right rail..and it appeared disclaimer - yes, this is my opinion or call it a personal observation that Scott was a little medicated, exhausted, his spirit and heart may have been in to the show, but his body was running low! And, while he carried his usual charisma and joy in getting the audience involved - there just seemed to be a little tension - or maybe, it was just trying to get through the songs. He had a lot of intimate interaction with Mark. Had his hand on the guitar while he was playing. And, he would signal positively about Mark's playing and encouraged the audience to recognize Mark. There was a point (hmm, was that One or Higher?),when Scott sat down, seemed to make a gesture/comment that the crowd could do better,,,then he looked at Mark, flipped him off, and smiled...got back up and started singing again. There were a couple points where I thought he was taking a break, forgot a lines, or engulfed with of emotions, and he would pause. But, I think I just overreacted, now looking for anything that could be a 'sign' that he was 'breaking/losing it' - just fan paranoia, Creed-worry and genuine concern. He was in to flipping the mic stand up to catch it a few times - (don;t remember that) - one time, it took a dive. I think he was pleased with the crowd, but then this was the concert in my home town! (do you think I would tell you otherwise) The floor was fairly tame - some verbal actions and hair pulling, but don;t remember more than one person leaving the pit over the rail (one surfer) - and I had plenty of room to breathe (nothing like those nasty people in Fort Wayne). Aside, from this subjective stuff, there was an interesting point right before Say I, where he started to sing this gospel like melody. Just a few short lines - it was really beautiful, WHAT WAS THAT?! At first I thougt it was Swing Low Sweet Chariot. Also, after the video intro to WGMB, Scott started singing those first few Native American lines! But, he stopped abruptly - not sure if this was planned or not. Scott gave a little intro to WTLF, talked about their friend, and ended with a comment about each of us needing to reach out to help others. (The interesting, irony, of his fans wishing that they could reach out and help him) Of course, Creed is more than just Scott...Mark was his usual gorgeous self - either ripping and raging away, or looking dreamy and so focusd on the music. Flip was just smiling and having a great time back there! Brett crossed over a few times, and spent some time by Mark - he seems to be more relaxed and getting away from the left stage - and that hair-do is just fine! As far as logistics, ticket sales were pretty low - 7,500 - a lot of people sold their tickets after the Oct. rescheduling. Made it first in line 7:45 AM - had to park off site and walked in, with the boom box, blankets and some food! Was wayyyyyy earlier than I needed to be, but I just don;t like to take chances.....and heck, got to hang out with some fellow fans and have a great time. That's always the big bonus! I particularly enjoyed being on the rail with a fan wearing a Santana shirt. Overall, a fantastic concert by Creed (Stereofuse was great, missed Default) - but couldn't help but feeling a little :( today, maybe knowing it was my last concert of the year, or just the worry about Scott's health and the stretching the band keeps doing to do more and more concerts. Hoping this Weathered year will end with a super, celebratory bash on NY Eve. Will be looking forward to hearing views from the other two CFers that were at Sac :)

allison 12-04-2002 05:38 PM

Thanks so much for the candid review, SD. I CAN"T believe you got to hear Faceless Man (my dream)!!!! I am so jealous! All I can say is that maybe this is a good thing that Scott is revealing some negative feelings instead of trying to put up a front. Perhaps this is the beginning of a real positive change for him and for the band. I am praying this is the case. ROCK ON CREED and NEVER STOP DANCING!

Bridge of Clay 12-04-2002 05:47 PM

I wonder how can Stapp forget lines???!!! I bet we all can sing it along without mistakes!!!

hehehe j/k

Itīs not easy to him, I bet...

so, he really sang Sweet Chariot? Thatīve must been awesome!
I love this song!

JenRN 12-04-2002 05:53 PM

Sounds like you had a GREAT time! Faceless man is one of my absolute favorites!!!! How lucky are you! I have only seen them play it once:( sounds like Scott is definatlely ready for a break! I am sure he is counting the days until the New Year, thanks for taking the time to give us a great review!:)

creedrocks 12-04-2002 07:03 PM

Sacramento Ca concert

:crest: Hi, I was also rocking with Creed 12-2 Sacramento Ca. It was Excellent!!! Souldancer cheers to you. Great review. Nice to have fellow California fan! Can't wait to see them again, been waiting since Mar. tickets I had for friend and my birthdays in May,accident, then October,throat, finally saw them, they were well worth the wait!! Thanks

hotforscott 12-04-2002 07:12 PM

sounds like everyone had a great time, i couldn't imagine having anything less.

souldancer 12-04-2002 09:29 PM

Re: Sacramento Ca concert

Quote:

Originally posted by creedrocks
:crest: &nbsp; they were well worth the wait!!

Right on!
Did you hear that Keith Brooks from The Zone met Mark Sat. night and invited him to jam with them at the sound check - would have been cool. Again, welcome to the CF community. :) Glad to have another Californian (? Northern or Southern). I wish I could have met up with The Candy Lady. Curious how you connected to this great site?

Dogstar 12-05-2002 01:08 AM

SD, as always, well said. Excellent review and FACELESS MAN!!!!! That song is so awesome. I had the good fortune to hear it in August in Cincinnati (as did luvscott). Beautiful. Am glad you made it to the rail!

souldancer 12-05-2002 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
I so, he really sang Sweet Chariot? &nbsp;

No - I don;t know what that was - it just reminded me of that beautiful song. I am hoping someone else knows what that was before Say I. Can you imagine Scott singing Amazing Grace?

Dogstar 12-05-2002 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
Can you imagine Scott singing Amazing Grace?

That would put me over the edge. I would pass out from sheer joy. That is one of my all-time favorite pieces of music. I would be in tears.

souldancer 12-05-2002 02:32 AM

Yes - let's make a request for that! I will try to copy you this Amazing Grace song by Cecelia, Norweigan woman - with humpback whales singing in the background. Sounds weird, but sooo beautfiul - it just takes you away.

Dogstar 12-05-2002 02:35 AM

Awesome. That song just makes me weep.

creedrocks 12-05-2002 09:36 PM

Sac. Concert

:tremonti: :tremonti: :cool: :cool: Thanks all for the welcome. SD I live in central valley (modesto). My friend reading posts we can't believe you 1st in line!! :dancing: We're impressed! Found this site by surfing all creed for my need.:band:

TeriB19 12-05-2002 11:01 PM

Welcome Creedrocks, you have definitely come to the right place!

hotforscott 12-05-2002 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
No - I don;t know what that was - it just reminded me of that beautiful song. &nbsp;I am hoping someone else knows what that was before Say I. &nbsp;Can you imagine Scott singing Amazing Grace?

That would be absolutely wonderful. I think he would do a perfect version of Amazing Grace. Makes me tingle just thinking about it.