CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Velvet Revolver Question (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6938)

benkenobi 06-22-2004 12:29 AM

Velvet Revolver Question

Velvet Revolver released "Set Me Free" on the Hulk Motion Picture Score. I heard that it was a different mix with perhaps a different guitar sound than from the album "Contraband." Has anyone else heard this or have an mp3 of it they could post?

aussiecreeder 06-22-2004 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
Velvet Revolver released "Set Me Free" on the Hulk Motion Picture Score. I heard that it was a different mix with perhaps a different guitar sound than from the album "Contraband." Has anyone else heard this or have an mp3 of it they could post?

i don't have the soundtrack but i have heard that it is a different mix. i do know that on the soundtrack it lists the names of the members instead of a band name as the name "velvet revolver" haden't being chosen yet.

benkenobi 06-22-2004 08:38 AM

Yeah, I saw that on the album. I was just trying to remember but I think there was something said that Slash made the guitar sound like a high speed car chase or something for a sequence in the movie. I'm trying to find the version from the Hulk.

aussiecreeder 06-23-2004 07:31 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I saw that on the album. I was just trying to remember but I think there was something said that Slash made the guitar sound like a high speed car chase or something for a sequence in the movie. I'm trying to find the version from the Hulk.

Slash made the siren sound with his guitar? How would he do that?

benkenobi 06-23-2004 02:11 PM

No, I'm talking about in "Set Me Free" on the Hulk Soundtrack he does some different things on guitar than the album version. I'm trying to find a good version of it online somewhere.

benkenobi 06-23-2004 02:14 PM

I have the cd single of "Slither" on its way to house. It has two covers that Velvet Revolver has done: Nirvana's "Negative Creep" and Sex Pistol's "Bodies" (live)

aussiecreeder 06-24-2004 01:23 AM

Quote:

I have the cd single of "Slither" on its way to house. It has two covers that Velvet Revolver has done: Nirvana's "Negative Creep" and Sex Pistol's "Bodies" (live)

I thought there were two versions one with each cover? That is very cool and their cover of "Bodies" is excellent.

benkenobi 06-24-2004 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
I thought there were two versions one with each cover? That is very cool and their cover of "Bodies" is excellent.

I don't know. The one that's coming for me is the Australian cd single I got off e-bay. It has both the "Bodies" and "Negative Creep" covers. Plus, I downloaded a great version of their Pink Floyd "Money" cover off of KaZaA. I'm gonna burn these covers on a blank cd with their regular album. :D

Next, I'm trying to find the Hulk remix of "Set Me Free."

aussiecreeder 06-24-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

I don't know. The one that's coming for me is the Australian cd single I got off e-bay. It has both the "Bodies" and "Negative Creep" covers. Plus, I downloaded a great version of their Pink Floyd "Money" cover off of KaZaA. I'm gonna burn these covers on a blank cd with their regular album. :D

Next, I'm trying to find the Hulk remix of "Set Me Free."

I don't normally bother buying singles but this sounds quite cool. Their Pink Floyd cover is very good and you probably know its on "The Italian Job" soundtrack. don't tell the RIAA about your plans! :D