CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How come stuff like this...... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5552)

Jooji_2 01-16-2004 02:52 PM

How come stuff like this......

never gets posted? Thanks to LoracNJ and Frankie....at the place we all like to not think about...cough....the Pit. LoracNJ posted the link to the picture and Frankie the comments. Its a DJ who interviewed Stapp. Unfortunately the recording device didn't work....but its her comments on meeting him and what he was like. See this stuff never sees the light of day.......

"You know, funny thing about that interview. I despise doing those things because I always get so nervous & tongue tied and just end up sounding like a total moron because I'm with real live rock stars...ya know? Well I wasn't a big fan of Scott Stapp or Creed so I was like 'what-the-hell-ever, could we please just hurry up and get this over with so I can go and get dinner?'....well, I waited for only like five minutes and they took us back to his dressing room in the Van Andel and the place was just awesome. Lit by candlelight only...he was just more adoreable than any boy I've seen (and I'm not into them....) and I tell you what...he was the most precious, gracious, nicest host I've encountered. He was down to earth and couldn't stop thanking US (meaning the radio station and the listeners) for making them what they are and kept saying how he knows that they're getting airplay on all kinds of stations but that rock radio made them and they'll never forget it and we kicked back watching the Sopranos and talked about everything from music to dogs to television. I can't tell you how relaxing and fantastic the whole experience was. It truly was just amazing.
Needless to say I walked out of there nervous! The picture was taken afterward, that's why my face is so red. lmao. THEN the kicker is that it was the single best interview I'll EVER do, and I'd never used the piece of equipment I used before and the DAMNED THING DIDN'T RECORD!!!!!!!!!! shit. Oh well. Such is life! Anyway, sorry for rambling....it was just a really neat experience."
:D [url=www.wgrd.com/photoalbums/amanda/scottstapp.asp]

farmgirl 01-16-2004 03:37 PM

Thanks Jooji, I read this awhile back at the manure pit (lol) and thought it was nice to read something like this for a change over there.

I liked your other posts here too...well said. :D

Jooji_2 01-16-2004 03:49 PM

Hehe......

Manure pit.....I just wanted to post something nice...since some here like to dwell negatively on one particular band member. Just to point out that there are nice things to be found out there.

P.S. I really like your cow........ :D

Frankie 01-16-2004 03:55 PM

Isn't that a great story?!?!?
It was so awesome that she came out with an entirely different impression of Scott than she went in with. I enjoyed it so much...I just saved it...in case the picture ever surfaced again...and lo and behold it did :D
So it seems there are a few stories out there of people who have actually MET Scott who think he's a pretty good guy...just that no one ever seems to want to notice them. It seems to be cooler to bash him and call him names.

Jooji_2 01-16-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
Isn't that a great story?!?!?
It was so awesome that she came out with an entirely different impression of Scott than she went in with. I enjoyed it so much...I just saved it...in case the picture ever surfaced again...and lo and behold it did :D
So it seems there are a few stories out there of people who have actually MET Scott who think he's a pretty good guy...just that no one ever seems to want to notice them. It seems to be cooler to bash him and call him names.

The poker expert who was the part of the Celebrity Poker tournament also had nice things to say. People just seem to want to ignore that stuff though.
Thanks for posting the story to that....doesn't seem to jive with the other stuff you read.... :D

Higher_Desire 01-16-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
...he was just more adoreable than any boy I've seen (and I'm not into them....)
:D www.wgrd.com/photoalbums/amanda/scottstapp.asp

Does that mean she's lesbian?

Anywho, thanks for the post, even though it's kinda old. And, Rose... manure pit. :laugh: That's great. I'm gonna have to remember that one! :laugh:

H-D :hypno:

Jooji_2 01-16-2004 04:43 PM

I guess....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Does that mean she's lesbian?

Anywho, thanks for the post, even though it's kinda old. And, Rose... manure pit. :laugh: That's great. I'm gonna have to remember that one! :laugh:

H-D :hypno:

it does, though that doesn't matter to me. Its her impression of the guy.... and its still a valid impression...and its nothing like the stuff that other people say. Yeah...it is kinda old....but its never been posted here. That's my point the nice stuff about the guy never gets posted. I guess we are just gonna have to start searching it out. :D

Frankie 01-16-2004 04:54 PM

Since NAMM is this week-end...I was going down memory lane...and posted this at another board...another nice encounter it seems. :D

Loyal Audio-Technica users Creed have long recognized A-T microphones as a key component in achieving their compelling signature sound. While the band’s popularity is soaring, with two albums in a row debuting at #1 on the Billboard charts, numerous industry accolades, and legions of devoted fans, its members remain grounded and continue to express gratitude for the enthusiastic support they receive.

Lead singer for Creed, Scott Stapp, recently made an appearance to in turn show his support for Audio-Technica. Taking some time to speak with A-T executives and employees — quite a few musicians themselves — as well as pose for photos, Stapp was greeted with admiration and responded with sincerity and humor. The visit drew a great deal of interest from attendees of the Winter NAMM Show, where Stapp’s unheralded stop by the A-T booth caused a minor sensation

Sheila63 01-16-2004 07:02 PM

Thanks for posting those great stories, Jooji and Frankie. :D It's so cool to hear positive stories like that.

Bridge of Clay 01-16-2004 07:31 PM

the interview was after the car crash?

she was lucky to get him in a good day! (kidding!!!!!)

Now, I don't think the board is negatively to Stapp... actually, it's pretty divided... girls relate to Stapp, boys to Mark. but it's undeniable that some of Stapp's acts led people to have a different vision of him (not saying he did it on purpose)...

It's just Mark and Flip seem to be much more fan friendly... and I tell you, it doesn't matter if Creed gets back and stays on the road for 10 years, putting a kick ass show after the other... people will always point to Chicago...

but we all know that 2002 was hard: throat, accident and legal problems with ex-wife about your son's custody... how do you expect the guy remains focused??? at one point it will stress him out and he'll try to escape... unfortunately, his timing wasn't the best.

creedsister 01-16-2004 10:32 PM

cool

hayley 01-17-2004 12:45 AM

Thanks for posting that! And Frankie, I aggree, it was nice to see her go into the interview not thinking much of Scott or Creed, then coming out and having a whole different opinion on him! (And a good one at that!) Good stuff :thumbsup:

Jooji_2 01-17-2004 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
the interview was after the car crash?

she was lucky to get him in a good day! (kidding!!!!!)

Now, I don't think the board is negatively to Stapp... actually, it's pretty divided... girls relate to Stapp, boys to Mark. but it's undeniable that some of Stapp's acts led people to have a different vision of him (not saying he did it on purpose)...

It's just Mark and Flip seem to be much more fan friendly... and I tell you, it doesn't matter if Creed gets back and stays on the road for 10 years, putting a kick ass show after the other... people will always point to Chicago...

but we all know that 2002 was hard: throat, accident and legal problems with ex-wife about your son's custody... how do you expect the guy remains focused??? at one point it will stress him out and he'll try to escape... unfortunately, his timing wasn't the best.

So that's it....the boys hate Stapp. Alot of guys hate Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt cause that's all their girlfriends or wives talk about....does that make them bad actors, arrogant or possessing a big ego? So no one here has ever made a mistake...a real big one...and then couldn't make it right? Would you be that fan friendly if you saw fans talking about you the way some people talk about Stapp? The only people who will still point to Chicago are those sickos who sit and watch and hope for something to fail.

If you don't see that there are people here to choose to be negative about one particular band member, then you never will see it. Your post pretty much proves it. OTHER than the Chicago incident.....give me specific examples of things Stapp has done that should make people think differently of him.........if its an interview...tell me what he said that was offensive.

Bridge of Clay 01-17-2004 06:13 PM

Jooji, where in my post I said I hate Stapp?
where in my post I said boys hate Stapp?

FYI, I didn't.

Actually, I posted that to defend Stapp. My post prooves nothing of what you are insinuating. If you take the care to read it again, you'll notice.

You can ask anyone of this board if I ever said I dislike Stapp and if I ever attacked him. I'm sure they'll say I didn't. I made some jokes, after all this subjects became a dead horse, with sarcasm. But I made fun of the situations coz we can't stand the same BS over and over again, and never at Stapp.

Now, if you can't read what I wrote, don't blame me.

Jooji_2 01-17-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
Jooji, where in my post I said I hate Stapp?
where in my post I said boys hate Stapp?

FYI, I didn't.

Actually, I posted that to defend Stapp. My post prooves nothing of what you are insinuating. If you take the care to read it again, you'll notice.

You can ask anyone of this board if I ever said I dislike Stapp and if I ever attacked him. I'm sure they'll say I didn't. I made some jokes, after all this subjects became a dead horse, with sarcasm. But I made fun of the situations coz we can't stand the same BS over and over again, and never at Stapp.

Now, if you can't read what I wrote, don't blame me.

Actually....you barely bordered on sympathy with the last paragraph....but that was just to point out the reasons he messed up. I didn't see you defend Stapp anywhere....just pointed out that he's done things to give people the opinion they have of him. He's un-fan-friendly....yada..yada...yada. The stuff posted at the start of this thread isn't BS dude....its published fact....impressions of Stapp by people who have actualy MET him. Have you? It's pretty obvious you hold Stapp in no manner of high regard...

Now....you still didn't answer me. Other than Chicago....give me examples of situations where Stapp has brought the bad crap on himself. Give me examples of behavior which has made people think differently about him. Go ahead...you act like such an expert on why people hate him so. Tell me exactly why that is?