CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What are you listening to right now! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=188)

krzycreedbabe 02-14-2003 04:51 PM

k...theres only the one girl in the band..Amy Lee...and the guitarist is a guy...the drummer and second guitarist just play with them live and for cds and stuff as far as i know, and they also dont have a bass player... the band is awesome and their new CD, Fallen comes out March 4...GET IT! lol... they also have two songs on the Daredevil soundtrack...including the songs thats relleased now.. :D

Wylde-Tremonti 02-14-2003 06:39 PM

...they also have another guitarist live....

PaulMcCoygirl 02-14-2003 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by krzycreedbabe
yes it is, and the guy in the background is Paul from 12 Stones..

Ahhhhh my Paul!!! Oh and I got the Daredevilcd today for v-day from my parents and it rocks!!!! :dancing:

Dogstar 02-14-2003 09:49 PM

Way cool, Alisha!
I'm in a Jerry C. mood today. Listening to Settling Down.

PaulMcCoygirl 02-14-2003 09:58 PM

You know I have never heard Jerry Cantrell yet..... is he good?

krzycreedbabe 02-14-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
...they also have another guitarist live....

i said that

Dogstar 02-14-2003 10:09 PM

IMHO, Jerry C. rocks. Have you listened to any Alice In Chains? He was their guitarist and largely responsible for their sound. He wrote a good many of the lyrics to their songs as well. He has two solo CDs. The first was Boggy Depot. It came out in 1998 and was definitely a side project at the time. There still was slim hope that Alice would reunite. Anyway, it's a softer side of Jerry. There are some beeeeautiful songs on it: Hurt a Long Time; Settling Down; Devil By His Side...heck, all of them are great.

His second effort is Degradation Trip Volumes 1 & 2, which came out in 2002, actually twice. The first time was in June and it was an abridged version, 14 of the original 25 songs. The record label didn't want to release it as double CD, fools that they were. The second one finally came out in December with all 25 songs. It's a much different vibe than the first release and a heck of a lot better... It's a dark CD, I'll warn you, but it is just awesome. It's easily my fave rock album of 2002. It has more of an Alice flavor to it as well with Jerry's signature harmonies and way cool guitar layering. He's a really good writer, IMHO. What I like about Jerry is that his music is honest, from the heart.

PaulMcCoygirl 02-14-2003 11:30 PM

Yes I have heard of Alice in Chains and I kind of like them. I'm actually the only person in my family who really listens to the hard rock stuff. I refuse to listen to anything pop or boy group:rolleyes:I'm sick of it all! He sounds like a really great singer from what you described.....I guess I'll just have to check him out! :P

Wylde-Tremonti 02-15-2003 12:08 AM

Breaking Benjamin- Water (thanx Seth for tellin me bout it:D )

PaulMcCoygirl 02-15-2003 12:12 AM

Breaking Benjamin is awesome!! My favorite song is Polyamorous

Wylde-Tremonti 02-15-2003 12:13 AM

yeah that's awesome...i got this like....crappy kinda studio version....not the one that's one the radio...but another one...it's kinda kool....but i wanted the real one....

PaulMcCoygirl 02-15-2003 12:20 AM

where did you get the song from?

Dogstar 02-15-2003 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PaulMcCoygirl
Yes I have heard of Alice in Chains and I kind of like them. I'm actually the only person in my family who really listens to the hard rock stuff. I refuse to listen to anything pop or boy group:rolleyes:I'm sick of it all!  He sounds like a really great singer from what you described.....I guess I'll just have to check him out! :P

Most excellent, Alisha. He's a decent singer, though not as vocally strong as Layne Staley was, but he can definitely hold his own. His real talent is in the writing. I think his harmonies and overall sound are just beautiful.

JenRN 02-15-2003 10:24 AM

Overhead speaker at work talking about the snow emergency plan!!!:mad: I think I am stuck here for the night, oh dear god!!!!! Spending the night at work, that is hell!:crying: :crying: Guess I will be ordering out for dinner tonight!

TeriB19 02-15-2003 04:30 PM

Sorry you're stuck there Jen, but you be careful! You are supposed to get slammed more than we are here. I'm listening to the Weather Channel waiting to hear how badly we're getting hit.