CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   BW on VH1 (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9457)

Ana4Stapp 08-03-2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Please god ....Please bring back creed, I can't take any more mediocre rock songs from this album on tv...The one really good song they didn't even put on the radio or tv, metalingus is their best song from ODR, windup must be on crack. Everytime I hear Broken Wings I feel like its kip winger meets creed..ughhh, the only thing worse could be monster ballads..lol. I just can't get over this neo seventies/eighties sound, One of their best damn songs they don't even promote, it makes no sense whatsoever. I really hope the next album from these guys goes back to their creed routes and mark starts swinging his axe to take away from myles kennedy's annoying nasally Chris Cornell type sound...I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but with his singing on songs like broken wings and open your eyes I just think they need to find another singer....sorry.

Also I am not ripping Myles, I think at this point he's done better than any other short term replacement, but lets be seriouse he is not the best rock singer around, neither is cornell...He definitely doesn't have Stapp's stage presence or energy and lacks the abilty to keep his voice from breaking when hitting high notes..Actually he makes Stapp on predisgnone sound like celine dione. I actually believe alot of people who hear alter bridge for the first time are turned off by Kennedy's sound, but mainly listen because they appreciate marks musical ability.

I dont agree to that, I mean, about Myles not being the best rock singer.
I really love Cornell' s voice but Myles has a better one. His voice is very good. Also, if he's not the best rock singer we have- I ask: who is?
Cause i cant see anyone... :rolleyes:

About the Bringing back Creed thing --Stop dreaming! Theres no chance! ;)

uncertaindrumer 08-03-2005 10:34 PM

Quote:

Please god ....Please bring back creed, I can't take any more mediocre rock songs from this album on tv...The one really good song they didn't even put on the radio or tv, metalingus is their best song from ODR, windup must be on crack. Everytime I hear Broken Wings I feel like its kip winger meets creed..ughhh, the only thing worse could be monster ballads..lol. I just can't get over this neo seventies/eighties sound, One of their best damn songs they don't even promote, it makes no sense whatsoever. I really hope the next album from these guys goes back to their creed routes and mark starts swinging his axe to take away from myles kennedy's annoying nasally Chris Cornell type sound...I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but with his singing on songs like broken wings and open your eyes I just think they need to find another singer....sorry.

Also I am not ripping Myles, I think at this point he's done better than any other short term replacement, but lets be seriouse he is not the best rock singer around, neither is cornell...He definitely doesn't have Stapp's stage presence or energy and lacks the abilty to keep his voice from breaking when hitting high notes..Actually he makes Stapp on predisgnone sound like celine dione. I actually believe alot of people who hear alter bridge for the first time are turned off by Kennedy's sound, but mainly listen because they appreciate marks musical ability.

*twitches incessantly*

*itches incessantly*

*sneezes incessantly*

*has convulsions*

*recovers*

Sorry guys. I'm allergic to complete and total music stupidity.

Ana4Stapp 08-03-2005 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
*twitches incessantly*

*itches incessantly*

*sneezes incessantly*

*has convulsions*

*recovers*

LOLLLLLLLLL!!!! :lolsign: No Comment! :poke:

ctfan 08-04-2005 11:33 AM

Quote:

...He definitely doesn't have Stapp's stage presence or energy and lacks the abilty to keep his voice from breaking when hitting high notes..Actually he makes Stapp on predisgnone sound like celine dione. I actually believe alot of people who hear alter bridge for the first time are turned off by Kennedy's sound, but mainly listen because they appreciate marks musical ability.

I agree. :). Mark is very talented, altho I don't much care for the long solos.

R U Ready? 08-04-2005 01:43 PM

So, no one has seen BW on VH1 much, have they?lol :lolsign:

TeriB19 08-04-2005 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer

:roll: That's some funny shit right there.

titan9 08-04-2005 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R U Ready?
So, no one has seen BW on VH1 much, have they?lol :lolsign:

Lol, I haven't seen it at ALL on VH1 or any other music channel. I highly doubt that ANY music channel in the US(perhaps maybe Fuse has, though) has ever played the BW video. Sad but true.:laugh:

uncertaindrumer 08-04-2005 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
:roll: That's some funny shit right there.

Thanks. By the way, I love that sig. That interview=awesome.

titan9 08-05-2005 10:33 AM

I was just about to say that(about the sig). Anytime I see that quote, it cracks me up.:laugh:

Tremontixriffs 08-05-2005 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I was just about to say that(about the sig). Anytime I see that quote, it cracks me up.:laugh:

Sorry guys, its just my opinion...Stapp kicks ass Myles gives you a nudge, when it comes to the whole package I'll take stapp 9 times out of 10. I love uncertains passion when it comes to annointing Kennedy the next king of rock but lets be serious the guys just not that good. You can knock stapp all you want for this and that, fact is he almost ruined he career drugging himself up to perform, fact is he has a better voice hands down and if it wasn't for the rift between creed, Kennedy wouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Stapp. Kennedy was so good with mayfield that they went from young pioneers of rock to nobodys in a matter of four years, yeah I like some of Mayfield's music but the potential just wasn't there...

ctfan 08-05-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Sorry guys, its just my opinion...Stapp kicks ass Myles gives you a nudge, when it comes to the whole package I'll take stapp 9 times out of 10. I love uncertains passion when it comes to annointing Kennedy the next king of rock but lets be serious the guys just not that good. You can knock stapp all you want for this and that, fact is he almost ruined he career drugging himself up to perform, fact is he has a better voice hands down and if it wasn't for the rift between creed, Kennedy wouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Stapp. Kennedy was so good with mayfield that they went from young pioneers of rock to nobodys in a matter of four years, yeah I like some of Mayfield's music but the potential just wasn't there...

Agreed, Stapp has the better voice, and not only was the potential not there in Mayfield 4, I don't think it's there in Alter Bridge either.

Tremontixriffs 08-05-2005 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Agreed, Stapp has the better voice, and not only was the potential not there in Mayfield 4, I don't think it's there in Alter Bridge either.

Good call CTfan....I'd say if one day remains were sung by stapp it would have been a huge hit. I absolutely hate ragging on alter bridge, I love the instrumentals, but if its 80-90's monster ballads your looking for kennedy is your man..lol

I also think that Uncertain has got some balls insinuating that anyone with a opinion different than his shows ignorance of rock knowlege.I am a huge fan of rock, I love all rock music and in reading a lot of uncertains former posts I laugh, especially one about the Doors not being one of the alltime best Bands. The doors were awesome in their day, I guess he forgot about robby kreger Or morrison. I have followed rock from the time i was six until now, Yeah there are a lot of bands that come and go but Creed set the bar for other artists with their fan drawing concerts, great songs and huge allegance of fans worldwide. For him to say that some fly by night replacement , kennedy is better, buddy you obviously are ignorant when it comes to rock...achoo, I think I must be damn allergic to something...Total ignorance..lol :eek:

uncertaindrumer 08-05-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Good call CTfan....I'd say if one day remains were sung by stapp it would have been a huge hit.

:eek: Are you really that dumb?

Quote:

fact is he has a better voice hands down

:eek: Apparently so. Funny thing is, the FACT is on my side that Myles is a better singer with a better voice than Stapp. THAT IS NOT AN OPINION. It is simply true. Now you can LIKE one voice mroe than the other but the FACT is that Myles has more range, hits notes Stapp could never have even dreampt of, and is far more consistent.

Are you in love with Stapp or something? Do you not realize that the MAJORITY of people can't stand him? Why on Earth do you think he is good?

titan9 08-05-2005 09:56 PM

Myles has more range than Stapp, and is technically the better of the two. But, not everyone will like Myles at first and I think Stapp is the more easy to like singer of the two. His voice is smoother than Myles' at times.

uncertaindrumer 08-05-2005 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Myles has more range than Stapp, and is technically the better of the two. But, not everyone will like Myles at first and I think Stapp is the more easy to like singer of the two. His voice is smoother than Myles' at times.

Which is what I said. You can like one more than the other, but you can't say Stapp is a beter singer than Myles. He isn't.

As for the "smoother" thing... What happened to rock n' roll? When did it die? Where are the days of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and offensively loud instruments playing great original riffs? Why do things now have to be "smooth", and "easy"? When did the Musical I.Q. of the people lower to retardedness? (by the way Titan, I am not accusing YOU of this, I am jsut saying, in general).