CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   SUBMERSED album review (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7486)

Bridge of Clay 09-21-2004 09:24 AM

SUBMERSED album review

SUBMERSED ALBUM REVIEW

Finally In Due Time is coming out and I had the opportunity to listen to it. It starts with their first single, Hollow. It's a hard rock track, in the vein of what's on mainstream today. If this is the line Submersed will follow, it's yet to be revealed, but it's a good "hey, meet Submersed" track to debut on radios. It's a really solid song and it shows how the band have developed and grown up.

The upbeat continues on the next tracks: To Peace, which has a really catchy chorus and the album title track don't let you stop the headbanging.

Next is Dripping, which opens the part of Submersed that we all know and love since their old demos. It's hard to pick a favorite. Then, we get Flicker! It's a different Submersed song, moody and dark musically, but it's a kick in the ass. Personally, I loved it! The bridge is awesome, really long, and the chemestry between the guitarists is there, pumping you up.

Then a new song, Paralellism. The only thing you won't like about this is its length. Kinda short, it comes to an end but a nice guitar solo. Somehow it reminds me of Higher from Creed.

The cd continues and it's time for Deny Me. This songs is one of those that would stay for months on the charts if released as a single. The acoustic intro is gone but they added a new solo. It rocks!

Then the famous You Run. To be honest, I don't wanna review it after they changed the lyrics. I was so used to the older version that I yet have to listen to it as a brand new song, without making comparissons. It's definately a hit as well.

And when you think the album got mellow... Divide The Hate! A brand new version too. They should open their concerts with it, in my opinion.

Next is Piano Song. You gotta love DC's voice on this song, the way he leads it... it's awesome. It's a very catchy tune. The bass... The guitars... the drums... it all works out great!

And the album finishes with Unconcerned, which is the result of merging Finding You and Unconcerned into one song alone. I loved it too!

Overall, is an awesome album. Way above today's music average. Their tour with Alter Bridge seems to be brilliant. I wish I could attend it. Hence Submersed, even when I had only the demos from their old site, was already my 2nd favorite band (first was Creed and I get to know S'd after getting into them). Lyrically, it blows you out of the water, they have a very positive message. The band believes that music is a very powerful instrument and they're right.

Donald's vocals (DC) are great. He's in the way to become one of the best singers of our era. Erock and TJ do a tremendous work on guitar. You can really tell this band has a bassist, and that's Kelan. And Garret is in the drums. To be honest, I don't know which tracks he layed and made the cut. But he's there and that's for a reason. They wouldn't stick with a drummer if he wasn't on the same level as the others.

Personally, I think this is the band to fill the void left by Creed. Creed fans will like them for sure and won't be disappointed. This is an excellent debut and a must have album.

5 stars out of 5 to me.

~ Marcos

The Lithium 09-21-2004 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
5 stars out of 5 to me.

The songs I've heard so far are really good, but 5 of 5... Well, I'll have to hear the full album first.

The Lithium 09-23-2004 01:58 PM

Alright, I agree!! It's awesome - 5 stars out of 5!!

RMadd 09-23-2004 04:24 PM

where are you fellas hearing this at? i thought it didn't come out 'til next Tuesday, the 28th

RMadd 09-23-2004 04:26 PM

ahhhh, i love the finger eleven-style lyrics on the website: handwritten and barely legible

The Lithium 09-23-2004 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
where are you fellas hearing this at? i thought it didn't come out 'til next Tuesday, the 28th

It isn't, but me and Marcos - we know how it works! Hahahah, it's all about good contacts! Right, IBM mum?

RMadd 09-23-2004 05:26 PM

damn

The Lithium 09-23-2004 05:28 PM

We're just warming you guys up! ;)

Bridge of Clay 09-23-2004 10:30 PM

well... Lith knows me... and I know someone... and voila!

I'm kidding! I spent so much time crying on Submersed BB that I didn't knew when it was gonna be released that Erock looked at me in pity and sent me a copy autographed by all boys. Since mail said I'd get it in 2 weeks, they didn't worry about it... but then I got it in 4 days! I guess I was lucky!

:D :D :D :D :D

Dogstar 09-23-2004 10:35 PM

LOL, Marcos...Nice score :thumbsup:

Bridge of Clay 09-24-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
LOL, Marcos...Nice score :thumbsup:

I wish it was true! LMAO! :D

But I did heard the album and the review is accurate.

RMadd 09-24-2004 10:02 AM

that's awesome! (the autographed copy a bit early, that is)

Bridge of Clay 09-24-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
that's awesome! (the autographed copy a bit early, that is)

dude, I was kidding!

RMadd 09-24-2004 12:30 PM

ahhhhh, shit

The Lithium 09-24-2004 04:13 PM

But I do have my ODR copy signed by all the AB guys!! :D