CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rename this board to "The Christianity Board" (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4448)

Dogstar 09-25-2003 07:29 PM

I'm not, Torn Signs, but I know two people who are and it does have a lot to do with the seasons and nature according to them. I only have a very superficial knowledge of it, but it does sound interesting.

Aimee 09-26-2003 12:07 AM

Wicca is an old religion that is sometimes considered satanic, occult and pagan. It is based on worshiping both God and Goddess.
If you study it, you'll find that the early Nordic tribes were wiccan. They used many natural remedies to heal people and held ritualistic ceremonies much like Catholicism today.
Then, when Christianity was approved in Rome, the missionaries went over to transform the Wiccans into Christians. Even going so far as to incorporate their holidays into Christian holidays.
Did you know that the winter solstice was turned into Christmas. Many scientists say that Jesus was probably born in the fall or spring, not December. Also the spring equinox turned into Easter.
I'm not Wiccan, but as a Christian, I don't see it as evil.

Lady Valkyrie 11-12-2003 10:43 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Aimee+09-25-2003 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aimee @ 09-25-2003 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wicca is an old religion that is sometimes considered satanic, occult and pagan. It is based on worshiping both God and Goddess.
If you study it, you'll find that the early Nordic tribes were wiccan. They used many natural remedies to heal people and held ritualistic ceremonies much like Catholicism today.
Then, when Christianity was approved in Rome, the missionaries went over to transform the Wiccans into Christians. Even going so far as to incorporate their holidays into Christian holidays.
Did you know that the winter solstice was turned into Christmas. Many scientists say that Jesus was probably born in the fall or spring, not December. Also the spring equinox turned into Easter.
I'm not Wiccan, but as a Christian, I don't see it as evil. [/b][/quote]
You are so wrong. First of all How can Wicca be satanic when Wiccans don't even believe in a "satan" or "devil"? They do not worship such dieties. Anyone who thinks so is just regugitating what someone else has told them instead of doing the research for themselves. Pagans yes... satanists they are not... in fact they all cringe at the idea of it. Wicca became "public knowledge" in 1954, when a book titled Witchcraft Today written by Gerald Gardner was first published. Some say Gardner is the "inventor" of Wicca. However, Gardner stated that he himself was initiated into it. Therefore one is to assume that it is much older than that. Throughout history the only way for Witches and Pagans were able to pass on their knowledge was through their covens. And if you were wanting to learn of the ways one would have to find a coven and be invited to join in and then be taught. That's how it's been all over the world for fear of being burned as in "the burning times". Therefore one could assume that this Wicca is indeed acient but only recently public in order for it to have survived as it has.

knifer 11-14-2003 06:17 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Lady Valkyrie+11-12-2003 10:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lady Valkyrie @ 11-12-2003 10:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You are so wrong. First of all How can Wicca be satanic when Wiccans don't even believe in a "satan" or "devil"? They do not worship such dieties. Anyone who thinks so is just regugitating what someone else has told them instead of doing the research for themselves. [/b][/quote]
Perhaps you are wrong. Awfully intolerant of you to respond so harshly.

Ya know, something can be satanic with believing Satan exists.

Do some research, you'll see its true.

Lady Valkyrie 11-15-2003 06:43 AM

How do you know Satan exists? Because the Bible tells you so? Well, if that is what you believe then fine so be it. However, it doesn't make it so. I am assuming that you have faith that there is a God and a Satan then? Well, do you think that just because you believe in them that everyone else has to? Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

My reply though was aimed towards the fact that the person stated that Wicca was Satanism when in fact the two are not interchangable terms at all.... UNLESS you are a fundamental Christian... THEN anything outside of Christianity is believed to be Satanic in nature. But hey that is their choice to believe that, INTOLERANT as it may be, it is their choice and it is not my place to judge. For my choice in faith states that ALL religious paths lead to The One Divine.

So, I was NOT being harsh I was giving facts on a religion that the person was obviously misinformed of.

Dogstar 11-15-2003 06:37 PM

Hi, Lady V!!! Nice to see you back 'round these parts!

souldancer 11-15-2003 07:05 PM

Just reading the title of this thread..my vote would be "NO"...isn';t this suppose to be about Faith and Religion? That;s a whole lot broader. If the Christians want to start their own thread...or have Steve make an additional Christian forum, fine. But, then it's kind of sad..as I really like the song ONE.

knifer 11-17-2003 10:36 AM

I find it amusing, LV, that you demand that your views be respected, but you are unable to do the same for others.

Here are the hard facts - you are WRONG.

Hard to accept after so many years of self-indulgent pseudo-religion, but try really really hard.......

JulieCitySlicker 11-17-2003 12:45 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-knifer+11-17-2003 03:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (knifer @ 11-17-2003 03:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I find it amusing, LV, that you demand that your views be respected, but you are unable to do the same for others.

Here are the hard facts - you are WRONG.

Hard to accept after so many years of self-indulgent pseudo-religion, but try really really hard....... [/b][/quote]
:wtf:
Now I believe you are the one being harsh :flee:

knifer 11-17-2003 02:08 PM

Its call sarcasm, Julie.

Say it with me, S-A-R-C-A-S-M.

There now, that wasn't so hard, was it?

The truth is hard, harsh thing, especially for the deluded, self-important open minded types. You know the ones - people whose minds are so open their brains fall out.

YOU! Out of the gene pool!

Alter Shredder 11-17-2003 10:24 PM

Knifer- i too use sarcasm a lot. The problem is that it doesn't come across well when typed.

Well to the original topic at hand, I think any religion should be open for talks. While most of us tend to be christian it does not mean that some of us wouldn't be open for discussion. Personally i find other religions and other sects of the christian church interesting to study and discuss. Currently I am interested in gnosticism. But i have gone vaguely over some of the other world religions and like to discuss them with people.

creedsister 11-17-2003 10:46 PM

What the heck is gnosticisim,,iced

JulieCitySlicker 11-17-2003 11:43 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-knifer+11-17-2003 07:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (knifer @ 11-17-2003 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Its call sarcasm, Julie.

Say it with me, S-A-R-C-A-S-M.

There now, that wasn't so hard, was it?

The truth is hard, harsh thing, especially for the deluded, self-important open minded types.&nbsp; You know the ones - people whose minds are so open their brains fall out.

YOU!&nbsp; Out of the gene pool! [/b][/quote]
:wtf: Hey, it wasn't me that pissed in your cherrios :eyebrow:

Sorry :redface: :yikes: You caught me on a bad day :thud:

Torn Signs 11-19-2003 05:43 PM

WHOAH, WHOAH, slow it down a bit. Yes, reading and understanding is important...with that should be this board now...this topic. Shwew! ;)

SmilinSkullRing 11-21-2003 03:44 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-bgivens33+09-24-2003 04:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bgivens33 @ 09-24-2003 04:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote:

Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I see absolutely no problem with that;) :rolleyes: We have found the right thing for us, so why research and keep searching for others:confused:

Because researching other beliefs is the gateway to tolerance and increased wisdom. How do you plan on "saving" someone if you don't even know what they believe? Saying, "I don't even know what you believe, but I do know it's wrong" is being ignorant. [/b][/quote]
Well said.