CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   best album lyrically? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5371)

hide 12-29-2003 09:56 PM

best album lyrically?

for me I think My Own Prison is the best the title song is just pure genius. HC is also fantastic and some of those b-sides such as Is This The End and Young Grow old were great. Weathered not quite as good but it also had its moments such as WGMB and OLB. Interestering to see how the album from the new band will turn out lyrically considering Mark and this new singer whoever he/she turns out to be.

creedsister 12-29-2003 10:15 PM

Good lord this is hard one hide,,to me all the creed albums lyrics is what blows me away,,i will always be connecect to the lyrics of sacrafice and hide from weatherd i mean is just really deep and mind blowing of all lyrics on that entire album if you really take the time to listen to it~~but of all the lyrics on the last 3 albums i would say HC above all that albums music and lyrics was mind blowing it was going make you stop and listen~~what if~~peace inside us all~~beautiful~~facelessman~~great ones,,as far as the lyrics is concernd~~Rock On

musicmind226 12-29-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
for me I think My Own Prison is the best the title song is just pure genius. HC is also fantastic and some of those b-sides such as Is This The End and Young Grow old were great. Weathered not quite as good but it also had its moments such as WGMB and OLB. Interestering to see how the album from the new band will turn out lyrically considering Mark and this new singer whoever he/she turns out to be.

I think all three had there moments, and as a trilogy they fit nicely together. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be years at the minimal when a new creed CD will come out that has stapp. Who knows, with stapps solo project he may move away from creed an go onto other things.

Still, I'm so excited about this new band....every day I think what could come from this. Still I can't wait to see what the new singer will be like male or female. And for godsake, will brian be in it? The question that baffles us all......

Yea, people are going to be pissed because it will be stappless. But well........... Unfinished thought...get back to me on that.

Alter Shredder 12-29-2003 11:31 PM

All are some of the best lyrical albums out. but the best one of the three IMHO is My Own Prison.

hayley 12-29-2003 11:42 PM

Best album lyrically, I've always said My Own Prison. It's just so dark and deep, more so than Human Clay and Weathered. And dark and deep is what makes brilliant lyrics!

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-29-2003 11:53 PM

I can't decide between either HC or MOP. They are both so great, but MOP might just have more meaning to it than some of the HC songs. Let's say 50/50, cuz some songs just mean more than others, if ya know what I mean!

hayley 12-29-2003 11:57 PM

Yeah, I defenitly know what you mean. They are hard to seperate, but lyrically I go for My Own Prison, and musically Human Clay :)

creedlvr 12-30-2003 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide

Wow! You said what I was thinking ... almost exactly!

MOP as a whole just had some of the greatest, deepest lyrics. MOP, the song, still blows me away every time I hear it. It is so deep and meaningful. It is really one of my favorites for that reason.

HC ... I think the lyrics to Faceless Man are really deep too. Another one of my favorites.

Weathered ... I'd have to go with OLB and WGMB.

Overall ... its MOP for me!

creedlvr 12-30-2003 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind226
Yea, people are going to be pissed because it will be stappless.

Yes ... and that would be me. I just can't be excited for this new band at all!

Oh well ... I won't go there!

JulieCitySlicker 12-30-2003 12:17 AM

Best lyrically for me would be Weathered :)

hayley 12-30-2003 12:18 AM

Good idea let's not bring up anything like that once again

PaulMcCoygirl 12-30-2003 12:18 AM

Human Clay

facelessman 12-30-2003 01:24 AM

ill go with HC

creedsister 12-30-2003 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessman
ill go with HC

what a way to go

WeatheredWoman 12-30-2003 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
Yes ... and that would be me. I just can't be excited for this new band at all!

Oh well ... I won't go there!

:ignore: