CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A lack of communication (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10759)

LeftOfTheMurder 03-26-2006 05:42 PM

A lack of communication

Lately, I've been a little bit worried about how little we have heard from the guys. I mean, I hate to be so blunt, but that is a great way for Alter Bridge to lose fans. The longer the band neglects to update their fans, the chances of fans finding new favorite bands who are actually actively creating increases greatly. You know, this actually reminds me of the year or so that we heard "oh, don't worry, Creed is recording their fourth album." Not to say that Alter Bridge is breaking up, but I find it frustrating to feel like your favorite band has fallen off the face of the earth and it seems like they just dont give a shit enough to update us. I just don't understand why it's so hard for the band to let us know what's going on with the new album, the status of the record deal, etc. Any thoughts?

Drake 03-26-2006 07:01 PM

Re: A lack of communication

That is what I've been thinking too.

eusebioCBR 03-26-2006 08:11 PM

maybe they're keeping quiet to respect Scotts solo tour

facelessmike 03-26-2006 08:57 PM

or that Michael is recovering from a serious accident

Bridge of Clay 03-26-2006 10:28 PM

Dude, you shall not worry:

1- Wind-Up doesn't give updates unless it's an album release or tour kick-off.
2- The one who updates us about Alter Bridge is Michael Tremonti, who's been recovering from a serious car accident. He'll post as soon as he's able.
3- Alter Bridge is currently IN STUDIO tracking the next album, last we heard. It means soon (or maybe it's the actual milestone) Myles will record the vocals and then they'll proceed for mixing/ mastering.

RoffeDH 03-27-2006 02:37 AM

They're IN the studio now?

King Oropher 03-27-2006 05:48 AM

Be Patient

RoffeDH 03-27-2006 12:58 PM

I am, but IF they were in the studio, it'd be great... Right! :D

LeftOfTheMurder 03-27-2006 01:00 PM

Of course, I understand Michael's situation and pray for a quick and successful recovery. And yes, we all know that Wind-Up is absolutely terrible with Public Relations type stuff.

I"m just saying, it's not a good idea for the band to keep completely quiet about what they're doing. I mean, Wind-Up has almost done more hurt than help to Alter Bridge's global reputation, but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans. That's all I'm trying to say.

Bridge of Clay 03-27-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
They're IN the studio now?

yes, they are. :)

J-Man 03-27-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftOfTheMurder
Of course, I understand Michael's situation and pray for a quick and successful recovery. And yes, we all know that Wind-Up is absolutely terrible with Public Relations type stuff.

I"m just saying, it's not a good idea for the band to keep completely quiet about what they're doing. I mean, Wind-Up has almost done more hurt than help to Alter Bridge's global reputation, but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans. That's all I'm trying to say.

If you understand the situation w/ Michael and Wind-Up then what's the problem? Since when did the the actual band members communicate with the fans on what's going on? They have PR people that do that. Your sentence that reads: but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans seems out of line and ridiculous. Hmmm....anyone on here get actual phone calls from the band as to what's going on? I'm a fan, should I expect a call or a drop by from them so we can talk?

LeftOfTheMurder 03-27-2006 02:55 PM

I figured sooner or later somebody would come along and take what i'm saying completely of out context.

First of all, obviously I would never expect Michael Tremonti to worry about updating the fans. He has enough on his plate and we all wish him the best in his recovery.

If Wind-Up has PR people to update fans, then where the fuck are they?

I never expected Mark, Myles, Scott, or Brian to come here and post. I never said that, either. I don't know where you got that notion.

All I'm saying is, It'd be cool if the band would maybe update their official site or release some kidn of info on the future. In my eyes, if I were in a band like Alter Bridge, I'd deem it important to do that. Otherwise, they run the risk of losing fans. Thats all I'm saying, J-Man. Think before you post, especially accusing me of expecting that the band is going to call fans and tell them whats going on. You're a fucking idiot man.

J-Man 03-27-2006 03:33 PM

LMFAO! I'm the idiot? Funny, you say that, because if you read Bridge of Clay's answers to you, it made a lot of sense, and you did ask why the BAND hasn't talked to anyone. Well, go back and read what Bridge typed. Maybe after a couple of readings, you'll get it.

And I highly doubt that AB would lose fans due to it being a bit quiet. Perhaps, they're in the studio recording as Bridge of Clay stated.

J-Man 03-27-2006 03:52 PM

One last thing, if I'm not mistaken, Wind-Up is the PR for them (and what did Bridge say?) 1- Wind-Up doesn't give updates unless it's an album release or tour kick-off. And I have read somewhere that WU are the ones in charge of the band's official website. Put two and two together and I think a lightbulb may appear above your head.

J-Man 03-27-2006 03:55 PM

DELETED as it was here twice.