CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Audioslave has broken up! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11564)

Agent D 02-17-2007 10:34 PM

Audioslave has broken up!

I found it on Cornell's MySpace. Omg, I'm gonna be sick.:wtf:

Muad'Dib 02-17-2007 10:48 PM

Re: Audioslave has broken up!

:D :D :D :D As much as I enjoyed most of their music, this gives Cornell free reign. Which hopefully means more solo albums.

J.T. 02-17-2007 11:17 PM

Yeah I heard about that a couple days ago. It sucks they were one of my favorites but Cornell is really good solo so hopefully this means some good things.

Lunar Shadow 02-18-2007 07:05 AM

I heard that RAGE is talking about getting back together. I hope not I was never a big RAGE fan, everything from them was redundant.

titan9 02-18-2007 03:35 PM

I'm glad it happened. The last Audioslave CD wasn't that good(the first two were excellent, though). Cornell is great as a solo artist, and it appears the other three guys are getting back together with their ex-lead singer. I think everyone will be pleased by this move.

Agent D 02-19-2007 08:57 PM

I loved their third album, Revelations. I enjoy it a lot. But I do agree. This gives Cornell free range. I'm just hoping he still does some heavier songs on his solo album(s).

GregS 02-20-2007 10:09 AM

I'm glad Audioslave have broken up. Their last album was awful compared to the 1st two. Cornell's solo album will be a gem. So at least theres something to look forward to, aswell as a possible RATM reunion.

bilal 02-20-2007 12:43 PM

i have heard that Morello is also coming out with a solo album...not sure what that is going to be..an instrumental or collaborations....

as far as breakup of Audioslave goes, i am neutral.... i have seen DVDs and concert videos of Audioslave and in every show..it appeared to me, thought the band may have amazing musical synergy, they lack power of presence on stage...i duno, if its Cornell's voice requirement to have ample breath in lungs or may be its tom morello's not so welcoming movements with guitar.... but i will say still that audioslave has made one of the best music i have ever heard....

Agent D 02-20-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
i have heard that Morello is also coming out with a solo album...not sure what that is going to be..an instrumental or collaborations....

The solo album in question is probably The Nightwatchman, Morello's Dylan-esque alter ego. He's been putting on solo concerts under that name for a while now.

And as far as I know, Rage is only set to reteam for that one festival Cochella (I think that's what it's called).

Dogstar 02-26-2007 06:59 PM

I loved the first album, but did not like the next two. I'm looking forward to the RATM reunion, though. There supposedly is a show slated for NYC. I hope I can get a ticket. I never saw them back in the day, so this would be most awesome. I'm also looking forward to Cornell's solo album, though I could do without the Billy Jean cover. Ugh.

The Lithium 02-26-2007 07:40 PM

Disapponited they never toured with the last album, like they said the would.

RMadd 02-26-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow
I heard that RAGE is talking about getting back together. I hope not I was never a big RAGE fan, everything from them was redundant.

i heard on the radio recently that rage is playing a show out in LA or somewhere at some point this spring, maybe in march. at first, i was like, "wtf," as i'd not heard that audioslave were thru. but now, in light of this revelation, it all makes sense.

Chase 02-27-2007 05:36 PM

I actually liked Revelations better than Out of Exile. So... I'm a bit unhappy with the break up. However, Rage is doing their reunion show at Coachella this year... so I'm curious to see how that will be.