CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Velvet Revolver: A Review (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8721)

aussiecreeder 03-03-2005 12:06 AM

Velvet Revolver: A Review

On Sunday the 27th the Hedonism express or Velvet Revolver show touched down in Melbourne. 3/5ths of this band were with Guns and Roses that toured in 1993 (the proper band not Axl's egotistical junket) that was full of sex, drugs and rock and roll....and more of the former. Most of the band save for eternal womaniser and bachelor Matt Sorum are happily married men but that element of danger still surrounds the band and adds a bit of excitement to a rock world otherwise full of dull counterfeits.

Australian act The Screaming Trees primed the crowd for an orgy of rock and had the crowd in high spirts with old favourites and some new doses of Aussie pub rock of the finest tradition. They played an energetic set of about 40 minutes in duration. About 15 minutes later the main attraction came on stage. The band opened its set with album opener "Suckertrain Blues" and singer Scott Weiland had the David Bowie gender-bender thing going on as well as pulling moves straight from the Mick Jagger book of entertaining a crowd.

While Weiland is the frontman Saul "Slash" Hudson was the obvious crowd favourite. His ripping solos, top hat, big hair and occassional cigarette had the crowd begging for more. His own little spot where he came out with a double-necked guitar before the rest of the band joined him for "You Got No Right" was an obvious highlight as well as time to pull out the lighters "Fall to Pieces". Matt Sorum's drum solo was also a crowd favourite that introduced "Set Me Free". Weiland went on a bit of a rant about the youth needing to start a revolution and saving the rest of humanity. Somehow he forgot to say what this was going to save us from. I found it highly amusing he spoke for about 5 minutes without making any real point. Kids when your parents tell do "don't do drugs" listen to them.....or you'll become Scott Weiland.

The setlist was very similar to previous concerts with most of Contraband played, GNR and STP covers and an Aeromsith cover. I doubt anyone left Vodafone Arena dissapointed, the crowd was treated to a rock show of the highest calibre.

RMadd 03-03-2005 12:36 AM

So Saul Hudson is his real name?
Awesome review, thansk!

aussiecreeder 03-03-2005 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
So Saul Hudson is his real name?
Awesome review, thansk!

yeah saul hudson is his real name......i guess he must be jewish then?

Anna1011 03-03-2005 05:13 AM

dude great review!

aussiecreeder 03-03-2005 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna1011
dude great review!

why thank you....*sends resume to rollingstone* lol

creedsister 03-03-2005 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
yeah saul hudson is his real name......i guess he must be jewish then?

:) Well I,ll Be Damned You Learn Something New Everyday I Never Knew That My Gutiar God Saul Was A Jewish Name, :D Thank You I Read That Article It Kicked Ass What A Show To Miss :D :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

revisfoot 03-03-2005 09:58 AM

Awesome, awesome. I've been wanting to see VR live for quite some time now. I'm going to see Maroon5 on the 19th in Dallas. That should be fun :D

creedsister 03-03-2005 11:25 AM

:D This Love Has Taken Its Toll On Me :syncdance :syncdance :syncdance Groovy Littlie !!! But I Dont Think I Would Miss Anything If I Missed One Of Their Shows I Bought The Album :D

aussiecreeder 03-04-2005 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
Awesome, awesome. I've been wanting to see VR live for quite some time now. I'm going to see Maroon5 on the 19th in Dallas. That should be fun :D

too many teenage girls in that crowd........but have a good time!

Said Eyes 03-04-2005 08:07 AM

Quote:

too many teenage girls in that crowd...

exactly

Good review. I saw them at the first Sydney show and must say, best show I've seen for ages. VR put on a great show.

RMadd 03-04-2005 11:16 AM

Quote:

too many teenage girls in that crowd........but have a good time!

yeah, no kidding

DangerousDan85 03-04-2005 12:10 PM

I still want to see them and Alter Bridge, but there aren't any tour dates near me.

aussiecreeder 03-05-2005 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
exactly

Good review. I saw them at the first Sydney show and must say, best show I've seen for ages. VR put on a great show.

I've only seen 3 concerts of any stature thus far but they'ld be the second best after pearl jam. very entertaining.......:)

i could take only so much of 15 year old girls screaming.....uughhhh

Said Eyes 03-05-2005 10:54 PM

I've had just enough of your bad mouthing teenage girls at concerts. OMG THEY'RE REACTING TO THE MUSIC DIFFERENTLY THAT MYSELF!!! GET THEM AWAY NOW!

Why don't you all get off your high horses.

aussiecreeder 03-05-2005 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
I've had just enough of your bad mouthing teenage girls at concerts. OMG THEY'RE REACTING TO THE MUSIC DIFFERENTLY THAT MYSELF!!! GET THEM AWAY NOW!

Why don't you all get off your high horses.

lol say what are you playing with me?