CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Interpol-Antics (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7534)

aussiecreeder 09-27-2004 01:41 AM

Interpol-Antics

i'm not even sure how many people around here have heard of them but they are quality indie-pop. i only recently bought their first album "turn on the bright lights" and liked that so i bought "antics" the day it came out. not sure if it as good as their first album and in some ways they have probably conformed to music put out by bands like the killers and franz ferdinand. however they are certainly their own band and their albums are a rewarding experience if some time is invested in them. they may not hit you as quickly as modern rock bands but they are likely to stay around a bit longer in regular rotation.

Said Eyes 09-27-2004 04:50 AM

I liked them better when they were Joy Division.

aussiecreeder 09-27-2004 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
I liked them better when they were Joy Division.

i thought creed fans were sick of comments such as "i liked them better when they were called pearl jam" but perhaps i am wrong.

RMadd 09-27-2004 10:18 AM

"a rewarding experience", eh? hmmm... might be worth checking out.

aussiecreeder 09-27-2004 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
"a rewarding experience", eh? hmmm... might be worth checking out.

yeah you'll probably like them to begin with but its the type of music that will grow on you. they are probably similar to a band such as franz ferdinand.

Said Eyes 09-27-2004 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i thought creed fans were sick of comments such as "i liked them better when they were called pearl jam" but perhaps i am wrong.

Because my post was completely serious and devoid of sarcasm completely. Obviously. :D

aussiecreeder 09-27-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Because my post was completely serious and devoid of sarcasm completely. Obviously. :D

a little hard to judge sarcasm over a bulletin board! :)

Said Eyes 09-28-2004 04:15 AM

Here's a tip: If the name to the left of the post is "Said Eyes" it's highly likely that the post is sarcastic in nature. It's my shtick.

Ninja edit: And I realise this post isn't sarcastic in nature. Don't call me on it. Or I'll have to get all ironic on your ass and your mind will explode!

aussiecreeder 09-28-2004 04:28 AM

Quote:

Here's a tip: If the name to the left of the post is "Said Eyes" it's highly likely that the post is sarcastic in nature. It's my shtick.

Ninja edit: And I realise this post isn't sarcastic in nature. Don't call me on it. Or I'll have to get all ironic on your ass and your mind will explode!

oh yes the little green dude with eyes protuding from his head should have enlightened me to the fact you are a psuedo-intellectual more commonly known as a smart-arse! ;) ummm what is a ninja edit?

Said Eyes 09-28-2004 05:57 AM

Don't forget the zipper!

A ninja edit is an edit performed all ninja like (ie. theres no 'user edited his post' even though I did! All ninja-ly!)

aussiecreeder 09-28-2004 07:35 AM

wax on....wax off ha ha ha splinter made a funny!