CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   President Bush Re-Elected (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7866)

RMadd 11-04-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Alright. Go ahead and doubt my intellect. I am attending one of the greatest universities in the US (therefore in the world), my test scores have consistently in the top few percent in the nation, and I have been very successful in all of the work I have done. I have also donated a lot of my time to help my community and have toured the country with my choir, preaching the Gospel through song for all to many to hear. For a young person, I have been incredibly active in politics and will continue to do so.

If those are signs of a lack of intellect, then I am guilty.

where do you go?

RMadd 11-04-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alterbridgefan1
president bush sucks! :mad1:

jeez, all this intellectual debate, then WHAM! unintelligent comment alert! unintelligent comment alert! unintelligent comment alert! at least explain yourself there fella.

Dogstar 11-04-2004 11:45 AM

Hellboy, it's fine to have a debate here, and I understand the passion you have about what you believe in, but I'd appreciate it if you could tone down the insults. Telling people of other countries to "shove it" and using nasty language is seriously unnecessary. If you are as smart as you claim to be, find some other less-nasty words to get your point across. Thanks.

Torn Daredevil 11-04-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

OK, Dogstar, I'll try, but it's hard when people make comments like this. I am sorry for any name calling and will attempt to refrain from using such simple-minded retorts.

RMadd, I am attending Purdue University. It makes me sad because there are no Creed/Alter Bridge fans here that I can see :( .

OH, and I'm watching the Bush press conference and they just informed the President that Yasir Arafat has passed away. That's gonna make the middle east situation more "interesting"....

Mr.CreedFreakTN 11-04-2004 12:02 PM

Quote:

I do respect how John Kerry bowed out with a nice speech. You need to take his advice and lets all come together and support our President and lets all unite.

Steve 11-04-2004 12:15 PM

FoxNews is reporting that Arafat has not passed away yet. They have said that there are conflicting reports, and that their last report was that he was on a life support machine. He most likely won't survive, but he has not passed away yet.

And as Dogstar has said, Hellboy please try to tone down your comments. There's no need to tell people to shut the f up and such. :)

Torn Daredevil 11-04-2004 12:19 PM

Out of respect for the polite people on this BB, I will. And yes, they said in the press conference that Arafat passed, but now they are denying that. Hmmmmmm... We shall see.

heinzel 11-04-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
I call yours into question, saying that you would not advocate support of the Democrat party, then putting, in parentheses, immediately after the previous comment, that one should support the party. That's just absurd.

This i called a joke my friend!!!

RMadd 11-04-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinzel
This i called a joke my friend!!!

ah, i see
usually, when in a debate as intense as this, i tend not to pick up on such jokes

Higher_Desire 11-04-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
jeez, all this intellectual debate, then WHAM! unintelligent comment alert! unintelligent comment alert! unintelligent comment alert! at least explain yourself there fella.

LOL.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
FoxNews is reporting that Arafat has not passed away yet. They have said that there are conflicting reports, and that their last report was that he was on a life support machine. He most likely won't survive, but he has not passed away yet.

Dang. I didn't know that he was that close to biting the bullet.

Why does it seem that everyone is overlooking a big part of the picture. It's not entirely how WE feel about the war and what is happening to the soldiers, as it is how THEY feel about it. Many reports have been published about how about 75% of the soldiers support Bush, and nearly ALL of the soldiers support they war (whether for Bush or not) and feel strongly about what they are doing over there. Isn't that just as or more important than us who are sitting on our butts NOT over there, but rather complaining that we have a better way of handling things?

Here's another statistic for you: During the month of September, there were 36 US soldiers shot/killed in Iraq. There were 39 people shot/killed in Detroit alone.

H-D :pimp:

heinzel 11-04-2004 04:22 PM

first of all, i'm not against the war in iraq. Saddam was a dictator he's gone, that's fine by me. But the americans went there for the wrong reason, there are no mass destruction weapons. So, go there cause you wanna remove saddam.
Second, I don't care about soldiers (doens't matter from which side they are) dying.
It's war, people die.
third, I don't care about the soldiers oppinion weither they support the war.
What you must not forget, is that there a people living in iraq, not only american soldiers.

My point still is, i don't think Bush is the right man in the white house.

Mr.CreedFreakTN 11-04-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

first of all, i'm not against the war in iraq. Saddam was a dictator he's gone, that's fine by me. But the americans went there for the wrong reason, there are no mass destruction weapons. So, go there cause you wanna remove saddam.
Second, I don't care about soldiers (doens't matter from which side they are) dying.
It's war, people die.
third, I don't care about the soldiers oppinion weither they support the war.
What you must not forget, is that there a people living in iraq, not only american soldiers.

My point still is, i don't think Bush is the wrong man in the white house.

Why don't you ask the Kurds if Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. And the planes they flew into our towers , and our Pentagon where filled with fuel they killed thousands of people. That to me was a weapon of mass destruction.

heinzel 11-04-2004 04:45 PM

what has saddam to do with 9/11?

Steve 11-04-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

what has saddam to do with 9/11?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1248773/posts
and
http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock040303.asp

Ann Allusion 11-04-2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Why does it seem that everyone is overlooking a big part of the picture. It's not entirely how WE feel about the war and what is happening to the soldiers, as it is how THEY feel about it. Many reports have been published about how about 75% of the soldiers support Bush, and nearly ALL of the soldiers support they war (whether for Bush or not) and feel strongly about what they are doing over there.

I have to question this statement...how many here have served in the military..??...once you are sworn in, you become the PROPERTY of the United States Government...as said PROPERTY you are expected to AGREE to any and all positions you will be put into in support of your GOVERNMENT...period, no opinions, or questions asked....your rights and choices are no longer yours to decide....or so they would like you to believe.

with that said, NO soldier who wishes to avoid being court marshalled will say or do anything other than what he/she has been TOLD to say/do. Keeping ones thoughts to one's self is also necessairy for morale reasons...

I'll give you that some of the soldiers may have said and feel the way you have posted, HD...but i will also guarntee that there are MANY MORE who quietly disagree with what is going on and have an opinion quite the opposite as to what is being "reported"...and most are doing what they have to to survive and be able to come home in one piece.