CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Clips from Switchfoot's new album! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9407)

JulieCitySlicker 07-12-2005 03:03 PM

Clips from Switchfoot's new album!

Hey Guys! I found this on the Switchfoot site I chat at.Here are some song clips from their new album,due out on Sept 13, this album is going to Rock HARD!
Here is the link,

http://www.christianbook.com/Christi...ip=CD38300_ALL

creedsister 07-12-2005 05:50 PM

thanks julie i will check,er laterssssssssss

HigherGirl 07-17-2005 02:25 AM

I LOVE their song "Dare You To Move"... so COOL...

JulieCitySlicker 07-17-2005 09:40 PM

Same here HigherGirl ;)

titan9 07-20-2005 08:26 PM

Thanks for the info, Julie. I was watching MusicChoice Rock(a digital cable network) and they played "Stars" which is off Switchfoot's new CD. It was the first song off the new CD that I had heard, and I have to say I really loved the song. The chorus is pretty catchy and I love the lyrics. The music seems to be a little harder than some of the stuff on the last CD(and I loved the last CD, but wished that some songs were a bit harder), but I think that's a good thing.

JulieCitySlicker 08-18-2005 08:03 PM

Your welcome Titan :D I know,I love The Beautiful Letdown as well. Stars ia an awesome song :) I was able to see them live this past July and they played Stars and Happy Is A Yuppie Word and both songs are amazing live. I can't wait till the new album comes out,from what I've heard from the clips its going to be an awesome album ;) It comes out in less than a month! Woo Hoo!

Bridge of Clay 08-20-2005 10:47 PM

I got the album ! LEAKED!

RMadd 08-21-2005 07:58 PM

'Stars' is a great song! Definitely looking forward to the release in... 3 weeks? Sept 15 or so, right?

JulieCitySlicker 08-21-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
I got the album ! LEAKED!

Cheater,lol :)

It comes out Sept 13 Ryan ;) I'm looking forward to hearing The Shadow Proves The Sunshine and The Setting Sun,I think those are going to be awesome!

RMadd 08-22-2005 11:21 PM

Thanks Julie.
Thanks Marcos, as well ;)
I've listened to most of the songs and I've got to say that, overall, I like this album better than The Beautiful Letdown. Stars rocks the hardest (just like Meant to Live did on TBL). For some reason, I was never really able to get into TBL. I liked a handful of songs pretty well, but it wasn't an album I could listen to from start to finish. Thus far, Nothing Is Sound is an easier listen.

RMadd 08-22-2005 11:24 PM

Julie: The Shadow Proves the Sunshine is one of the better tracks, IMO, but it isn't anything terribly spectacular. still solid, just not quite mind-blowing.
Politicians and We Are One Tonight are pretty good songs as well.

Trimontana 08-23-2005 07:49 AM

Their new single rocks. I saw the video for Stars and it was awesome. I love the beguning of the song specially. I maybe buy their album next week in Orlando. I am happy for you Julie, great band!!!!! :D

titan9 08-23-2005 01:02 PM

The new album is pretty good. I was able to find it online. I've only listened to it once(I'm trying to wait until the CD actually comes out[I'm going to buy it] before I listen to it again, lol:D) but I liked it. It seems to have a pretty good mix of songs, some harder stuff and some softer stuff. Not sure if I like it more than TBL, though. I think the two CDs are on an equal level.

JulieCitySlicker 08-23-2005 08:57 PM

I'm not listening to the leaked album,I'm choosing to wait till the album comes out to listen to it ;)

titan9 08-25-2005 12:08 PM

Lol, you have a lot more will power than I do. Once I saw it leaked, I couldn't resist DLing it and listening to it.:D

JulieCitySlicker 08-25-2005 01:31 PM

Haha! I've already pre-ordered 2 copies of it,so I can wait ;) I ordered the cd first but then after that I found out that there was a dual disc,so I had to order that one as well,lol No worries for me though cuz Switchfoot is well worth buying it twice :D
I got a free autographed cd booklet,poster,and a download of Stars with my pre-order to :cool:

titan9 08-26-2005 12:43 PM

I'll be picking it up at Best Buy the day it comes out.:D

RMadd 08-26-2005 01:11 PM

julie, is there any way you can cancel your first order? i've never tried preordering before, so i dunno

JulieCitySlicker 08-26-2005 06:37 PM

I'm not sure if I can cancell it Ryan but on that order I got the autographed cd booklet,and the poster,so I don't think I want to cancel it ;)

JulieCitySlicker 09-08-2005 12:14 PM

Woo Hoo! Only have less than a week to wait for the cd to come out :bigjump: and I'm still not listening to the leaked version either ;)

The Lithium 09-08-2005 02:45 PM

Eh... You guys, I have this CD already! I downloaded it two weeks ago, in album quality. And I can garantee you it's great. But what are you waiting for? Like I said, two weeks ago...

JulieCitySlicker 09-08-2005 03:07 PM

Ya,well I'm getting my cd's in 5 days,so I'm waiting ;) I know it will be worth the wait.

JulieCitySlicker 09-08-2005 03:15 PM

Plus Switchfoot is a band worthy of me paying for the cd ;)

The Lithium 09-08-2005 03:23 PM

Yeah, I've never understood people who wants to wait for the release of the record while they can get the music before it's released. I downloaded the leaked version of ODR, but I bought the CD as soon as I could. (Actually I imported it from the states 'cause I couldn't wait 'til it was released in Europe).

Julie, I might've seen one of you're dream concerts! :D It was about a year ago in London... I was there... It was Alter Bridge's fifth concert ever. I met the band, saw their soundcheck, got autographs, I was backstage, and oh Jon Foreman... :D Oh yes, Switchfoot opened for AB. I can't say I actually MET Switchfoot too. I mean, I could have if I wanted to, but then I wasn't really into them as I am now. I really got into them after the concert, but I knew them before the show... Anyway... I saw them when they arrived and I waved and they waved back with happy smiles. And when they did their set Jon saw me, 'cause I was frontrow in the middle. And he notised that I was singing along very happy and the smiled at me, A LOT. So after a few songs he asked me:

Jon: What's you're name man?
Me: SEBASTIAN!!!!
Jon: Okay, everybody this is Sebastian
Me: I'M ALL THE WAY FROM SWEDEN
Jon: Everybody say hello to Sebastian from Sweden!!
*Everybody screams like crazy, and I feel like I'm the king of the world*
Jon: Sebastian... This one goes out to you

then they started to play a song, I think it was Gone. And after their set AB did their, awesome, pure awesome set... Pretty cool, huh? I'm sure you've seen both Switchfoot and AB live too, but have you seen 'em on the same show? :D

JulieCitySlicker 09-08-2005 03:42 PM

Yes! I have seen Switchfoot live :D It rocked hardcore! I've never seen AB or even heard any of their songs.

Your cvoncert sounds like it was great :D

Bridge of Clay 09-08-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker
I've never seen AB or even heard any of their songs.

:wtf: and you're a Creed fan?! :eek:

JulieCitySlicker 09-08-2005 06:28 PM

I'm just not interested in hearing them at this time,and may never listen to them! Who knows! I haven't touched any of my creed cd's for over a year and a half now either.

Bridge of Clay 09-08-2005 11:43 PM

you could've at least checked them out... what if you end up liking them?

JulieCitySlicker 09-09-2005 07:26 PM

I don't really feel like checking them out right now,naybe someday.

The Lithium 09-10-2005 11:43 AM

I have to agree with Marcos... You have NEVER heard Alter Bridge, although they are so amazing. In my opinion even better than Creed, although I know Marcos would never agree with that... Anyway... And you haven't listened to Creed for over a year? No offence, but maybe you should join a Switchfoot board instead, cause it seems you've gone in another direction than the rest of us on this board. (Which is totally okay, and I think you're pretty nice, so I don't mind you hanging around here, but you know... This is a board 'bout Creed, AB and Stapp's solo album. And you just don't seem to be into that anymore).

And I have to agree with Marcos once more! You SHOULD check them out 'cause I'm pretty sure you'd like them! You're missing out on the greatest music and live band ever!

JulieCitySlicker 09-10-2005 07:33 PM

Ya,I do go to a Switchfoot board,2 of them actually ;) I like coming here still though because I have some great friends here :D

Bridge of Clay 09-11-2005 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
I have to agree with Marcos... You have NEVER heard Alter Bridge, although they are so amazing. In my opinion even better than Creed, although I know Marcos would never agree with that... Anyway... And you haven't listened to Creed for over a year? No offence, but maybe you should join a Switchfoot board instead, cause it seems you've gone in another direction than the rest of us on this board. (Which is totally okay, and I think you're pretty nice, so I don't mind you hanging around here, but you know... This is a board 'bout Creed, AB and Stapp's solo album. And you just don't seem to be into that anymore).

And I have to agree with Marcos once more! You SHOULD check them out 'cause I'm pretty sure you'd like them! You're missing out on the greatest music and live band ever!

Actually I think musically and vocally AB is better than Creed. But I'm attached to Creed emotionally, it's like that first girlfriend you'll never forget. ;)

The Lithium 09-11-2005 04:42 AM

Well, I'm having my first "real" relationship right now, so I'll know what you mean when we break up. Woohhooo, I can't wait... :rolleyes: (Very ironic). We've been together for 7 months now.

But I do agree, I get a very special feeling everytime I listen to Creed. Which isn't too often... I guess I wanna keep that feeling, and I know I may never hear any new songs from Creed, so I don't wanna get tired of the ones I have, you know?

Muad'Dib 09-11-2005 07:45 AM

Managed to grab copies of the 4 Switchfoot albums today (not the new one). Im actually pleasantly surpised at them. From what I read about them I never thought id really like them at all. But yeah im really enjoying them.

JulieCitySlicker 09-12-2005 07:29 PM

ROCK ON! Tomorrows the big day :D

titan9 09-13-2005 07:28 PM

Just picked it up a couple of hours ago. I already have the leaked version, so I have of course already heard the CD. Like I said before, I like it a lot.

JulieCitySlicker 09-13-2005 07:31 PM

I just got mine not that long ago to :D Dang UPS man made me wait till 5:30pm for it.Meanie,lol :)

Muad'Dib 09-22-2005 05:06 AM

Picked it up today, loving it at moment. Whats everyones favourite songs? I really like Easier Than Love, The Blues, Lonely Nation, The Setting Sun and We Are On Tonight.

JulieCitySlicker 09-23-2005 07:28 PM

My faves so far are,Lonely Nation,The Shadow Proves The Sunshine,Stars, The Setting Sun, Happy Is A Yuppie Word, The Fatal Woynd,We Are One Tonight :)