CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   yikes creed on billboards (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=814)

kujobro 12-09-2002 08:32 PM

yikes creed on billboards

scott looks completely different looks like he gained alot of weight.

gade202 12-09-2002 08:59 PM

Wow, that was very unsettling. I was really looking forward to that but Scott really creeped me out. I think the 2 factors that messed that up was his hair and no crowd. Scott was doing all these things I've never see him do on stage before like bobbing up and down, holding his hand about 6" from his chest, and putting his arms out to the side like a plane in a few shots. I really hope this isn't a "new" Creed that we are going to start seeing. He hasn't gained any weight, I think that's just due to the lack of hair.

It really looked to me that Scott was trying way too hard to look "trendy" which is totally not what they are about. Hopefully this is just a one time thing because I really don't see me going to their New Year's eve show in Philly if that's their new style...

JenRN 12-09-2002 09:01 PM

A little harsh aren't we?:mad:

gade202 12-09-2002 09:36 PM

I don't think so, just calling it as I saw it. I recorded it on my PC with my capture card and will upload it overnight for all to see tomorrow since that was the only time they will air it. It was just very odd, Scott seemed very out of place....

TeriB19 12-09-2002 09:46 PM

I didn't see anything wrong with it. His hair is messy but that may be the look he's going for. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with their performance. He didn't have a crowd to perform for so he was spending more time between Brett and Mark, but I didn't see anything wrong with it, and I'll definitely be seeing them in Philly on NYE. If you don't go, that'll just be one less person I have to fight for the rail.

JenRN 12-09-2002 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
I didn't see anything wrong with it. His hair is messy but that may be the look he's going for. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with their performance. He didn't have a crowd to perform for so he was spending more time between Brett and Mark, but I didn't see anything wrong with it, and I'll definitely be seeing them in Philly on NYE. If you don't go, that'll just be one less person I have to fight for the rail.

You go Teri!;)

creedfan47a 12-09-2002 10:16 PM

Is there a spot for me???? :D

TeriB19 12-09-2002 10:20 PM

Yes, since gade202 doesn't want to see the "new Creed" in Philly, you can use his/her ticket and hang with us on the rail. C'mon over!!!!!

creedfan47a 12-09-2002 10:27 PM

Okay, when should I wait by my letterbox for the plane ticket?? Today, tomorrow?? :D

TeriB19 12-09-2002 10:29 PM

Tomorrow, I'll have the ticket sent out priority mail. You just sit out there by the mailbox and wait.

and wait

and wait.:D

creedfan47a 12-09-2002 10:31 PM

Okay I will rush home from work RIGHT NOW to go and sit there. :)

gade202 12-09-2002 10:52 PM

Geez, I just point out that this preformance was not one of their best and that scott was acting somewhat odd and I am getting slammed?? I can't be the only one that saw the oddness in that, and no, it's not because of his hair. Here are some screenshots of it (like I said, I am going to upload the whole thing tomorrow so everyone can watch it and enjoy it), including some of the "odd" parts:

http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed1.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed2.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed3.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed4.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed5.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed6.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed7.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed8.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed9.jpg
http://www.gade202.net/creed/creed10.jpg

The last 2nd to the last shot is a very odd one. I have seen him sing weathered and the part in that shot is when he sings "...cause one day it ends..." (underlined is the part in the shot) gave him some trouble. He seemed to really have a hard time holding onto that note yet when I saw him sing it about 9 months ago it was a breeze. Maybe it's due to his vocal chords but I saw him hit much higher and longer notes during the Alcatraz preformance with much more ease. Anyways, they rocked as always but I guess it was a mixture of his hair and those different than usual "moves" he did that threw me off a bit...

TeriB19 12-09-2002 10:57 PM

Sorry if it seems that we are slamming you, but you are relatively new to the bb, and quite often new people come on to get a rise out of us by disrespecting the band. I didn't see the performance the same way you did, apparently. I saw nothing "odd" about his presence, I see nothing odd in the pictures you posted. If he jumped off the building, now THAT would be odd.

creedfan47a 12-09-2002 10:58 PM

WOW those pics are HOT!!! Even the hair looks sexy. I think I would be a bit messed up if I were standing on top of a building!

Read JDM 12-09-2002 11:01 PM

I don't see how Scott's hair would indicate a "new" Creed anyway. That's pretty much the same hair he had when MOP came out.

TeriB19 12-09-2002 11:02 PM

I agree. I didn't see anything 'new' about the performance. I mean that in a good way.

velocityidp 12-09-2002 11:13 PM

I think it might have looked like he was moving a little weird because he was impeded by the added extra weight. It looks like he's trying to move in the way he used to be able to, but the weight is getting in the way.

So, cut him some slack in that regard. It's got to be frustrating. As for the hair, it wasn't that bad -- but I like it longer. I didn't like all the camera cuts though...

Anyway, Creed needs a break! They deserve one after this year.

creedfan47a 12-09-2002 11:17 PM

WHAT WEIGHT?????? I have not actually seen him in person since his accident and throat thing, but all the reviews I read say he looks a little fuller in the face BUT THAT'S IT. They have all said that he looks normal everywhere else. You're making it sound like he's gained 300 pounds and needs fire fighter assistance to get levered out of bed. :eek:

TeriB19 12-09-2002 11:21 PM

No, he's only puffy in his face. He hasn't gotten heavier. But if you look closely at the stage setting, there really wasn't too much room to move around. They were pretty much confined to a small area, that roof isn't all that big.

creedfan47a 12-09-2002 11:23 PM

Plus, they were ON A ROOF!!! That would have terrified me enough to not move a muscle! Imagine if he had tried to move around as much as he does at concerts and tripped on a wire or something and fell off the roof!!! :eek:

velocityidp 12-09-2002 11:24 PM

It's not just the face, you can see some swelling on the stomache and arms, too. I noticed it at the St. Paul show as well as the Billboard show. He had a little bit of a belly sticking out :P

You can see that he has a little difficulty moving around because of the swelling.

creedfan47a 12-09-2002 11:28 PM

Yeah, well, I have a bit of a belly sticking out and I am skinny as a rake - just ask Teri. I think it is called skin and body fat, which I am sure everyone (including rock stars!) has! :rolleyes: If you ask me, a bit of a stomach on a guy is way sexier than skin and bones.

gade202 12-09-2002 11:28 PM

Hehe, I have screenies of a bit of the belly and some minor man boobs but I was afraid to post them since people would have thought I tampered with them. It was during their award speech when he was wearing the tight white T-shirt under that coat. I'll get them up in a bit...

Edit: Will have to wait until tomorrow morning, FTP is acting up but I will upload the video overnight.

TeriB19 12-09-2002 11:38 PM

Saw that from the VH1 awards. Also notice that he has his arms around Mark and Flip and he is in the middle so it's pulling his shirt apart. But I'm sure someone will just say "Oh, no one can say anything bad about Scott" I'm not making up excuses, this is just how I see things.

tru2mine 12-09-2002 11:53 PM

I dont think he gained any weight. If you notice ever since the first couple of shows were cancelled out west his voice hasnt been quite the same and his face has slowly gotten fuller. Hes probably on medication that causes swelling. Wait till after their break this winter and i bet he'll look normal again.

velocityidp 12-09-2002 11:57 PM

Swelling/weight gain, whatever you want to call it. Everyone knows it's from medications... making that distinction is not necessary

souldancer 12-10-2002 12:22 AM

Thanks Gade for posting the pics! Enjoyed all of them - one thing that I especially appreciate about Scott is his ability to express his emotions - you really feel the passion coming from the depth of his soul. I know other people call it other things, but it's all fresh and ALIVE to me. Will look forward to the stream, since I missed it tonight.

luvscott4ever 12-10-2002 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by creedfan47a
WOW those pics are HOT!!!  Even the hair looks sexy.  I think I would be a bit messed up if I were standing on top of a building!

EXACTLY!! Your hair tends to get a little messed up when you're about 1600 feet in the air!! I had just seen them on Friday nite in Phoenix and I didn't see that much of a difference in their performance on the awards than I saw in Phoenix...just not playing to a crowd, atop a VERY, VERY TALL BUILDING!!! If anyone has ever been to Vegas, which I have many, many times and have seen the Statosphere, they'd know how REALLY high that building is!! I would have been scared to death to be up there, it might be the one place I WOULDN'T go to see them, and of all of you who know me, You guys know I'd follow them ANYWHERE!! :D

TeriB19 12-10-2002 12:32 AM

Chicken:chic:

creedfan47a 12-10-2002 12:37 AM

Yeah, I'm sure they would have had a trampoline down the bottom in case you fell... :D

KBoo925 12-10-2002 12:54 AM

Thanks for the pics...I had to miss the show tonight, but I had it taped and will see it tomorrow...can't wait! I love Scott and the band....even w/some more to SQUEEZE!!!!:P

gade202 12-10-2002 01:29 AM

OMG, it just hit me. The only time I have ever seen Creed like that is in their music videos! Think about it, Scott was doing the same things he did in the DSD music vid and what's this life for vid, same moves almost to a T. Now it makes more sense since considering they were pretty much alone up there, Scott was in video mode, hehe. Although, with all the cuts and such it was hard to really tell, seemed crazy up there for a while...

Edit: Hmm, there is one part that makes me think that it may have been recorded the night before. At 2:46 into it they show Scott singing right next to mark, less than a foot away from each other and then they shoot to brett for a sec and then at 2:48 they show a side shot of mark facing towards where scott was just standing less than a sec ago yet he isn't there, he's totally out of the picture but then 2 secs later on a shot of brett you can see that scott is still there. It would make sense to record it earlier because if you think about all those shots they kept going to about every second was a different one, that was really fast. Anyways, I'll let you see if for yourselves tomorrow, I'll post the link around 12pm noon EST. The file will be around 45-50Mb but it is worth it...

marlsy 12-10-2002 09:40 AM

Creed rocked last night!! I thought they sounded great!! Way better than puddle of mudd, I actually like puddle of mudd but scott sounded way better than their singer! I was very relieved last night on Scott's performance!! They are awsome and NOONE can say any diff!!!!!! They ROCKKKKKKKK

Kim V. 12-10-2002 09:48 AM

Well, I just had to add my two cents in, agreeing with the posters who said that Scott looked different in his performance on the Billboard Awards. Yes, he looked different, his hair is shorter (I personally like him a little better with the long hair) and he is a little puffy from the meds he's on so we can still enjoy that awesome voice of his! And Scott (and the whole band for that matter) feed off of a crowd, and there was no crowd, just a camera for him to look into. So it WAS like he was doing a video, but you could still see all the emotion he puts into singing, like he can look right into your eyes through that camera!! I still think he looked FINE (interpret that however you want, hehe!) When he's off the meds and gets a well-deserved break, he'll probably be back to the "old" Scott we remember.

Creed23 12-10-2002 12:18 PM

Its just hair guys, itll grow grow back. Whatever Scott does ill be fine with. I think the hair is great and Im a guy. Creed is evolving all the time and we cant stop that. That is one the reasons why I love them.;)

creedgirl99 12-10-2002 01:10 PM

Although I like Scott with a bit longer hair, I still thought the new style was cute. It's just something new to get used to. The most important thing for me will always be their music-it's the reason I fell in love with them in the first place. :)

hotforscott 12-10-2002 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JenRN
You go Teri!;)

Definitly. I haven't been on in 2 days, I hurt my back so I was in the hospital all day yesterday. I have 435 posts to read. I thought he looked good with the messy hair.

gade202 12-10-2002 02:12 PM

Alrightly, not only is the Billboard video up, I also have the Alcatraz videos up as well! Just go to http://www.gade202.net/creed/ and click on what you want to download. If you are on 56k, I would suggest using a download manager and download while you are not using your PC and overnight to get them since they are around 50MB each. Enjoy!~

hayley 12-10-2002 02:28 PM

yes, hotforscott, his hair wasn't bad, but it would have looked better if both of the sides had of been the SAME:rolleyes:

hotforscott 12-10-2002 02:34 PM

lol, i did like the long hair better, but i will take him however he feels comfortable.