CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Most meaningful song or lyric and why? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6)

TeriB19 09-22-2002 10:28 AM

Most meaningful song or lyric and why?

Okay, it's been posted before but this is a new forum, possibly new posters to read our old stuff. So here goes mine:
With Arms Wide Open - "We stand in awe, we created life."
Pregnant with my second child and close to my due date when I heard it for the first time. Gave me chills and tears, touched me like no song has ever done.

Dogstar 09-22-2002 12:47 PM

For me it was: "I cry out to God seeking only His decision. Gabriel stands and confirms I've created my own prison."
I heard MOP while going through a sort of spiritual crisis. I was questioning my belief in God and what the heck I was doing on this planet. I was angry about some things that had happened in my life and couldn't understand how a just God could let this stuff go on. But, it also helped me realize that some things are simply out of my control, that people have free will, and that I had to learn to accept certain things, learn from them and move on.

Please indulge me for a second one that had just as much impact as the one above: WTLF. When I first heard it I cried buckets. It was right around the anniversary of my brother's death from suicide and it just let me pour out a whole lot of hurt. I still cry sometimes when I hear it.

TeriB19 09-22-2002 01:27 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. I can see how hearing that song can be healing with a situation like that.

Dogstar 09-22-2002 01:31 PM

Thanks, it does help a lot. Don't know what I'd do without my tunes:) .

TeriB19 09-22-2002 01:45 PM

Music is food for the soul.

jango 09-22-2002 02:56 PM

"You see my wrist, I know your pain. I know your purpose on your plane."

TeriB19 09-22-2002 04:43 PM

It's good to know that when you feel like you are all alone, you're not.

hayley 09-22-2002 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
Music is food for the soul.

i couldn't agree more.
"there's a piece inside us all, let it be ur friend, it will help you carry on, in the, end"
why??? because it's the truth...there are TONNES more that i can think of, but those are the main most touching lyrics for me.:P

Dogstar 09-22-2002 10:49 PM

I like those, too A2S... Very comforting.

hayley 09-22-2002 11:19 PM

yes, i agree.:)
and also when i am going through a rough patch, or just feeling plain down, i think of, "Children, don't stop dancing, believe u can fly, away." it makes me feel so much better.

Dogstar 09-22-2002 11:23 PM

Yeah, I always think of WGMB, too, when I need a little burst of hope: All that has been devastated can be re-created.

hayley 09-22-2002 11:26 PM

yeah, that too!:) there's so so many.

Dogstar 09-22-2002 11:32 PM

Isn't it great?:)

souldancer 09-23-2002 02:34 AM

One Last Breath
...as this related to my dark times of grief, my husband's diagnosis of lung disease and his final breath when life support was removed.

TeriB19 09-23-2002 05:55 AM

An uplifting song to me. Hold me now.

souldancer 09-23-2002 12:25 PM

Yes Teri, now I feel the comfort and renewing sense of the song. It has been interesting, though to see how my emotional response/relationship with the song has changed over the months in paralell with the paragraphs.

- I think I'm falling...It seems I found the road to nowhere and I'm trying to escape
- I'm looking down now that it's over..reflecting....I cried out heaven save me!
- Sad eyes follow me but I still believe there's something left...HOLD ME NOW!

Beautiful song and singing! I can't wait to hear it live!

jango 09-23-2002 01:43 PM

Music is most definitely for the soul.

CollectiveSoul 09-23-2002 04:29 PM

MOP

Altair 09-24-2002 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
Yeah, I always think of WGMB, too, when I need a little burst of hope: All that has been devastated can be re-created.

Just to continue into my favorite lyrics at the moment...

"Realize,
We pick up the borken pieces,
Of our lives,
Giving ourselves to each other,
to rest our heads on."

I listen to these lyrics, cranked in my car, and really am motivated to reach out and embrace the next human being I come in contact with. Lucky me, however, it happens to be that dude honking and flipping me off because I was so busy singing that I forgot to use my turn signal. :rolleyes:

TeriB19 09-24-2002 06:13 AM

LMAO:p No he wasn't flipping you off, he was actually listening to "One" in his own vehicle and was pointing "the only way is one". Just used the wrong finger, is all.;)

allison 09-24-2002 11:10 AM

Right now, with all the horrible news in the world, it's:

"I feel angry, I feel helpless. Wanna change the world, yeah. I feel violent, I feel alone. Don't try and change my mind, no."

It feels so good just to BLAST it in the car all by myself.

souldancer 09-24-2002 11:27 AM

yes Allison, the news is really hard to take in - I feel like we are going backwards and our air is filled with apathy...I know it's not all people and I'm clinging to hope - the posts here give me some...but I am cranking up ILLUSION (aka Allusion).
<i>"Wait now, many things left unsaid. This life remains the same, But I change... I try to fool myself in believing things are going to get better, but life goes on... is it all just an illusion'</i>

Ruby 09-24-2002 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
Yes Teri, now I feel the comfort and renewing sense of the song. &nbsp;It has been interesting, though to see how my emotional response/relationship with the song has changed over the months in paralell with the paragraphs.

- I think I'm falling...It seems I found the road to nowhere and I'm trying to escape
- I'm looking down now that it's over..reflecting....I cried out heaven save me! &nbsp;
- Sad eyes follow me but I still believe there's something left...HOLD ME NOW!

Beautiful song and singing! &nbsp;I can't wait to hear it live!

Souldancer sorry for your loss . The lyrics from Higher "Set Up High I'm strong enough to take these dreams and make them mine. " always inspire me not to give up. :)

souldancer 09-24-2002 07:27 PM

;) Thank you Ruby for your kind words. There are Creed songs that really touch and lift my spirits higher - need to balance myself sometimes.

TeriB19 09-24-2002 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
;) Thank you Ruby for your kind words. &nbsp;There are Creed songs that really touch and lift my spirits higher - need to balance myself sometimes.

Well, my dear, you do know, don't you, that we are always here to help you keep your balance and hold your hand, don't you? Anytime.

Mulletman 09-24-2002 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
<b> "I cry out to God seeking only His decision. Gabriel stands and confirms I've created my own prison."
</b>

ditto

luvscott4ever 09-25-2002 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Altair
<b>Just to continue into my favorite lyrics at the moment...

"Realize,
Of our lives,
to rest our heads on."

I listen to these lyrics, cranked in my car, and really am motivated to reach out and embrace the next human being I come in contact with. &nbsp;Lucky me, however, it happens to be that dude honking and flipping me off because I was so busy singing that I forgot to use my turn signal. &nbsp;:rolleyes: </b>

LOL, That is tooo funny!!! I know, I have to watch my speed, I get so into it, I always end up speeding!!!

Altair 09-25-2002 08:49 AM

There goes luvscott4ever....

Quote:

Originally posted by luvscott4ever
LOL, That is tooo funny!!! &nbsp;I know, I have to watch my speed, I get so into it, I always end up speeding!!!

zooom! What was that? A train? A plane? Ahh, it was luvscott listening to some Bullets.
;)

Siana 09-25-2002 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jango
Music is most definitely for the soul.

agree

TeriB19 09-25-2002 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by luvscott4ever
LOL, That is tooo funny!!! &nbsp;I know, I have to watch my speed, I get so into it, I always end up speeding!!!

You just need to pray that the State Trooper pulling you over is a Creed fan.

Dogstar 09-25-2002 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Altair
<b>Just to continue into my favorite lyrics at the moment...

"Realize,
Of our lives,
to rest our heads on."

I listen to these lyrics, cranked in my car, and really am motivated to reach out and embrace the next human being I come in contact with. &nbsp;Lucky me, however, it happens to be that dude honking and flipping me off because I was so busy singing that I forgot to use my turn signal. &nbsp;:rolleyes: </b>

This just cracked me up. I can see that happening to me, too. People probably think I'm insane when I'm in the car. Always have the radio/cd player blasting and I'm always singing right along, headbanging, well, sort of, as much as I can in a car.:D

TeriB19 09-25-2002 12:29 PM

I really get into the songs, practically giving my own free concert. But when I'm at a traffic light and my head is banging and I'm doing my solo, the looks I get from the people next to me... Makes me look kinda crazy..

Mulletman 09-25-2002 04:34 PM

yea when i dop that people know why i am banging my head cause i have the stereo full blast and i have the windows down so everyone in the next few lanes can hear me....

Aimee 09-25-2002 07:20 PM

Teri!

Quote:

No he wasn't flipping you off, he was actually listening to "One" in his own vehicle and was pointing "the only way is one". Just used the wrong finger, is all
Ha-ha haaaaa!!
That really made me laugh.

My fave Lyric: "I laugh aloud because my life has gotten inside someone else's mind."
I try to remember these lyrics when people talk bad about me.

No Mulletman, I am not stalking you!

TeriB19 09-25-2002 10:41 PM

Thanks Aimee, I was wondering if anyone got that.

Dogstar 09-26-2002 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
I really get into the songs, practically giving my own free concert. But when I'm at a traffic light and my head is banging and I'm doing my solo, the looks I get from the people next to me... Makes me look kinda crazy..

I just smile back at them. Then they probably really think I'm nuts.

Ruby 09-26-2002 12:16 PM

I love blasting Bullets in the car. The begining reminds me of the concert when they first come out and you're so excited and you hear the song start and BAM! " I think they shoot cause they want it. " My daughter and I spend a lot of time in the car just head banging away. Also I kinda have to stomp my foot which makes driving at an even speed kinda tricky

TeriB19 09-26-2002 12:23 PM

LMAO Ruby! I have had to learn to tap with my left foot. Rightfoot tapping is probably very dangerous. If the CD/Radio in my car ever stopped working, I don't know what I'd do. I may not have the ability to drive without music.

souldancer 09-26-2002 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ruby
I love blasting Bullets in the car. &nbsp;My daughter and I spend a lot of time in the car just head banging away. &nbsp;Also I kinda have to stomp my foot which makes driving at an even speed kinda tricky

YES! :D and after my last speeding ticket (Freedom Fighters) I have had to alter my headbanging foot pushing - and work to do more hand pounding and body swaying. I would like to think all those crazed looks we get from others is a message we can share about unleashing our natural feelings and passions for all of life's emotions - so cathartic. Pure, simple ecstatic treatment for the soul (sure beats all the meds and therapy that get pushed down our throats by the media, biopharmaceutical companies and the Am Medical Assoc.(oops...sorry I got up on my soup box, i mean 'SOAP' box again ) :D

Dogstar 09-26-2002 01:04 PM

Well said, Souldancer. If I see one more ad for some miracle cure-all pill for depression and whatever else, I'm going to scream. I mean, I'm sure there are people who do need medication, but to put that stuff out there like aspirin makes me angry. It's so all about money...Ok, I'm stepping off my soapbox, now, too.

TeriB, you are right about the right-foot tapping. I'm a left-footer now, haha. I also do a fair amount of drumming on the steering wheel without really lifting my palms off the wheel (that's good for the other unsuspecting motorists out there). I can't not bop when I'm hearing good music. It is indeed cathartic for all emotions, happy, sad, whatever. It's the best.