CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   why we adore Scott (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10730)

inside_us_all04 03-21-2006 04:59 AM

why we adore Scott

After all this negativity about Scott lately, lets make a positive thread...

1. His soaring voice (great during the chorus)
2. His uplifting powerful lyrics
3. How his lyrics have helped me out before
4. How he refuses to give up , after all the backlash the critics even his ex band-members being bitches.
5. His great stage presance
6. His real lyrics, diary like, not all ghetto.

thank you Scott

The Lithium 03-21-2006 08:02 AM

Re: why we adore Scott

The fact that I can watch him get a blow job whenever I want... Nah, sorry 'bout that one! Couldn't refuse!

He's a great front man, (when he's not an asshole), have written some real great lyrics and he really could sing back in days. But get me wrong, I think he will sing like that again when he's 100% sober, which I still don't think he is. He took a big hit and I think it takes a couple of years for your body to fight it's way back to norma after something like thatl, so to speak.

After all this thread inspired me to listen to The Great Divide! Hope he can turn his life around like he has done before.

-This is my fight song!

Rocketqueen 03-21-2006 09:55 AM

Lith why would He wanna Fight back To Norma? ok haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa normal then we gotta fight for something i love too Fight Fight Fight love it love it love it

The Lithium 03-21-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
Lith why would He wanna Fight back To Norma?

Otherwise he'd be abnormal

Rocketqueen 03-21-2006 10:52 AM

:d

creedlvr 03-21-2006 11:25 AM

so much for keeping it positive.

stappissohot 03-21-2006 12:03 PM

Why I adore Scott...

1. He's a real person, not like the other celebrities with eating disorders and plastic surgery
2. His wonderful lyrics (they're real not like rap or something)
3. His eyes (sorry, can't help it)
4. How he's a father and cares a lot about his son
5. He can belt out a tune ;)

Stappishot 03-21-2006 12:07 PM

1st: He's hot!
2nd: He voice is powerful and oh so sweet.
3rd: He is a great father to Jagger.
4th: He's doing good towards his fans, by not getting drunk, and putting on a great tour! Just hope it stays like that!

stappissohot 03-21-2006 12:09 PM

Can I edit your post.... sorry I love English class and I have this annoying habit of editing, I'll shut up... But yes most definetly agree!!! Like my avatar? Took me an arm and a leg to find it, but yes Stapp is hot, stapp is so hot, lol we can mostly all agree, except for the guys unless their Brokeback Mountain or something

Stappishot 03-21-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stappissohot
Can I edit your post.... sorry I love English class and I have this annoying habit of editing, I'll shut up... But yes most definetly agree!!! Like my avatar? Took me an arm and a leg to find it, but yes Stapp is hot, stapp is so hot, lol we can mostly all agree, except for the guys unless their Brokeback Mountain or something

No u can not edit my post, this is not english class. Read it and move on.

Justify 03-21-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stappishot

someone hit a nerve on that one ;)

nagpo 03-21-2006 04:46 PM

1. great lyrics
2. eveything else.

Stappishot 03-21-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justify
someone hit a nerve on that one ;)

;) :D

creedlvr 03-22-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stappishot

:laugh:

What's even funnier is that stappissohot's post had the most grammatical errors. She should start by editing her own post.

Dogstar 03-22-2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
:laugh:

What's even funnier is that stappissohot's post had the most grammatical errors. She should start by editing her own post.

I wasn't going to say it, but that's just what I thought, lol!

titan9 03-22-2006 08:16 PM

Why I'm a fan:
1.His voice
2.His talent
3.His charisma
4.His stage presence
5.His live show(I have not been to a concert yet, but I have seen a ton of bootlegs)
6.His lyrics
7.His charity work
8.The fact that I think deep, deep down inside....he's a good guy who just has made a ton of mistakes.

facelessmike 03-23-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Why I'm a fan:
1.His voice
2.His talent
3.His charisma
4.His stage presence
5.His live show(I have not been to a concert yet, but I have seen a ton of bootlegs)
6.His lyrics
7.His charity work
8.The fact that I think deep, deep down inside....he's a good guy who just has made a ton of mistakes.

that sums it up! well said.

MackaN 03-25-2006 07:33 PM

Ya'll a bunch of liars. Great dad? Great voice? Come on...

INDIGOSTEVE 03-25-2006 07:50 PM

you don't know him do you? can you say TOOL!

IamFilthy 03-25-2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE

tool

nagpo 03-25-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

this again? in another thread we had people telling people they were tools. that word is dumb anyways.

Mrprophetman 03-25-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
this again? in another thread we had people telling people they were tools. that word is dumb anyways.

Well if people can call me Ignorant...then it might make me feel better if I could call someone else a TOOL. Isn't this the guy who in his first post didn't even get the name of Alter Bridge's CD correct? I do think that's right.

nagpo 03-25-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprophetman
Well if people can call me Ignorant...then it might make me feel better if I could call someone else a TOOL. Isn't this the guy who in his first post didn't even get the name of Alter Bridge's CD correct? I do think that's right.

uh, no i never go alter bridges album wrong(one day remains, btw), and i dont know what that has anthing to do with this. if it makes u feel better go ahead, the word just kind of gets on my nerves thats all.

Mrprophetman 03-26-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
uh, no i never go alter bridges album wrong(one day remains, btw), and i dont know what that has anthing to do with this. if it makes u feel better go ahead, the word just kind of gets on my nerves thats all.

I was talking about the guy Mackan. He called the CD "One Thing Remains."
And the word "ignorant" gets on mine too.

nagpo 03-26-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprophetman
I was talking about the guy Mackan. He called the CD "One Thing Remains."
And the word "ignorant" gets on mine too.

oh

MackaN 03-31-2006 12:11 PM

Perhaps I listened to Defualt when I wrote that but I don't recall writing it so your most welcome to prove your point.

Great voice: No he doesn't. He had a great voice but that's no more. Listen to Hard Way (think it's called that) on his album. LOL
Great dad: How can he be a great dad if he's drunk too often and on the road (well not so much lately) and plus, on rehab.

Way to go, Scottie.

INDIGOSTEVE 03-31-2006 12:22 PM

are you with him 24/7-no, he has not been drunk at a single show, everyone has had good things to say about his shows, yet another tool! ITS DEFAULT learn to spell check.

MackaN 03-31-2006 05:31 PM

lol

not drunk at a single show? try the famous chicagoshow :D
well if Stappfans go n see him it's not that strange if they just have good things to say about him. But if you check other boards they probably wouldnt agree. Stapp singin Creed, give me a break...

Im only learning english in school so thanks for telling me how to spell. Perhaps we should discuss in swedish lol

uncertaindrumer 03-31-2006 06:22 PM

Yeah seriously. Great dad? You guys don't have a clue what a great dad is. It is NOT someone who has been on drugs, currently has an alchoholic problem, is divorced, and is away on tour all the time.

Anyway, I you think you guys adore Scott because you are nuts.

Sorry. Flame me if you must but I hadn't lashed out against Stapp for so long I was feeling... itchy. lol

Ana4Stapp 03-31-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer

Sorry. Flame me if you must but I hadn't lashed out against Stapp for so long I was feeling... itchy. lol

Yeah...I was missing that!!! :rolleyes:

LOL!

PS: Hey...wheres titan? I think he was missing this too...:D

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Yeah seriously. Great dad? You guys don't have a clue what a great dad is. It is NOT someone who has been on drugs, currently has an alchoholic problem, is divorced, and is away on tour all the time.

Personally, I don't think you or anybody else has a clue as to whether or not he is a great dad. Do you know him? Does anyone else know him? I doubt it.

uncertaindrumer 03-31-2006 08:02 PM

I do know him. I knw quite a bit of him. Indeed, I probably know more of him than a lot of people I live next door to.

People love to pretend that celebtrities' "personal lives" (whatever they are in the first place) are somehow seperate. Give me a break.

People's actions come out of their character. People who never break any laws generally have decent character. People who commit felonies generally do not. People who do what Scott Stapp does/has done almost exclusively do not have good characters. Can people change? Sure. But everytime some Stapp worshipper mentions how he changed, he gets arrested or punches someone. He clearly has serious issues.

If you wanna like his lack of musical talent, go ahead. But saying he is a great dad is an insult to the real dads everywhere.

INDIGOSTEVE 03-31-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

I do know him. I knw quite a bit of him. Indeed, I probably know more of him than a lot of people I live next door to.

People love to pretend that celebtrities' "personal lives" (whatever they are in the first place) are somehow seperate. Give me a break.

People's actions come out of their character. People who never break any laws generally have decent character. People who commit felonies generally do not. People who do what Scott Stapp does/has done almost exclusively do not have good characters. Can people change? Sure. But everytime some Stapp worshipper mentions how he changed, he gets arrested or punches someone. He clearly has serious issues.

If you wanna like his lack of musical talent, go ahead. But saying he is a great dad is an insult to the real dads everywhere.

another stupid response, wouldn't expect less

uncertaindrumer 03-31-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

another stupid response, wouldn't expect less

Another stupid response, wouldn't expect less.

IamFilthy 03-31-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Now,..pay close attention.....I never said he was a great father or a bad father. Why? Because I don't know him personally and I'm positive you don't as well. If you wanna come to a conclusion based on his tribulations in the media, go ahead. I choose not to b/c there is a side that WE don't know of him. If you really dislike him(and his music) then why do you show up on the Stapp forum every once in a while and give your two cents. You would think that your time could be spent better praising your favorite band. I don't know, maybe not.

titan9 03-31-2006 11:30 PM

I gotta disagree with Uncertain(big surprise there). What you see and what actually occurs behind closed doors, out of the public light, are two different things, imo. We see this guy who has made a fool of himself time and time again.....but have we seen with our own eyes how he reacts with his child? No, we haven't. We can only assume that based on the fact that he is a recovering alcoholic, based on the fact that he has made so many mistakes, that he probably isn't the world's greatest father. But we do not know that for sure. We don't know how much he loves his child, or how good of a dad he is. And because we do not know him personally, because we have only seen what he is like in the public eye, we can't really judge how good of a father he is. Which is why I prefer not to discuss his personal life, because I don't know the guy on a personal basis. I only know the musician. All I know is that he, like everyone else, has his faults. He's been addicted to alcohol and drugs. That doesn't make him incapable of being a good father.

I know a guy personally who has some addictions and he is a father.....and a damn good one at that. Yes, he has his problems, but he is trying his hardest to overcome those.....and it isn't easy for him because bad habits are tough to break. But this guy loves his kid with all his heart and would give his life for his kid. Despite his faults, he's really a good guy at heart. The point of this example is this: just because Scott Stapp is an alcoholic, a "druggie", that doesn't mean he can't be a good father to his child.

I really wish people would stop focusing so much on his personal life and instead focus on the music. I know it's hard, but focusing on the music would lead to a lot less namecalling and fights around here. ;)

Rocketqueen 03-31-2006 11:41 PM

I,ve Gotta Put In My 2 Cents Now we dont know what goes on behind close doors But Neverthless I Believe HE IS A KICK ASS FATHER of courage and good for thought of putting his childs life and securtiy first Being A Parent Is A Job Let Alone Everything Else So Yes I Agree with ya Lets Foucus On The Music And Not The Personal Stuff

INDIGOSTEVE 04-01-2006 04:09 AM

in milwaukee you could see that when jaggar sat on his lap for wawo how much care he has, uncertain just loves to hear himself talk and has no relevance as usual.

Robin101 04-01-2006 05:13 AM

I see that naive fools with nothing better to do have decided to make unenlightened comments about Stapp...again!

During a very short period in Stapp's life he became the 'infamous' front man of the biggest band in the world, was divorced, injured his back in a car accident, developed a callus on his vocal cord, broke up with his band, was (and still is), fighting drug and alcohol addictions and, not to mention, was taking unnecessary criticism from jealous fellow artists and the media. While all of this was going on he was a single father of a young boy. He's come through all of this to release a solid debut album and still has the love of his family - including Jagger.

So, to his detractors, I ask you - Could you have overcome these problems, with or without being a single father?

So much is said in the world today about single mothers but very little is said about single fathers - like Stapp.

Take Care

HigherGirl 04-01-2006 10:17 AM

A beautiful voice
A beautiful face
A beautiful father