CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Dani California' (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10782)

LeftOfTheMurder 03-31-2006 08:29 PM

Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Dani California'

This song debuts on radio Monday April 3rd I believe, but I just received a leaked copy of the song. It rocks!! I've seen the video too, and its a really interesting look at the history of rock n roll.

The Chili's also are releasing a new album with 28 songs on it May 9th - "Stadium Arcadium". The disc is divided into two CD's, "Jupiter" and "Mars". I am anxiously awaiting May.

P.M. me if you'd like a copy of "Dani California"!!!

LeftOfTheMurder 04-01-2006 04:32 PM

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Dani California'

You guys are missing out, man...

Muad'Dib 04-04-2006 12:32 PM

Never really liked them at all, and this song just reinforces that view.

GregS 04-04-2006 02:20 PM

The song is ok. Older stuff is alot better.

LeftOfTheMurder 04-04-2006 06:37 PM

yea, its definately not their best material. however, its nice to hear something new from them - its been 4 years since By The Way. I really do like Kiedis' lyrics though, and I think they shine in 'dani california.'

Muad'Dib - I didn't start this topic to debate whether or not people liked the Chili Peppers, but I wanted to let people know of the new single if they were interested.

shiver 04-05-2006 12:44 AM

Hey man, I do an internet radio show for my school, and I've been reading about the news and trying to read it on air, and I even caught the end of it on the radio. It sounded good to me. I do like the Peppers older stuff, but I actually like the newer stuff better. I think I might actually buy this album.

Muad'Dib 04-05-2006 01:04 AM

No worries, was just putting my 2 cents in thats all.

LeftOfTheMurder 04-05-2006 04:35 PM

no man i understand

shiver - i would highly recommend buying 'stadium arcadium'. its a double disc, 28 tracks man....obviously i havent heard yet but i believe it was either Rolling Stone or MTV that reviewed it and said it is their best material since Blood Sugar Sex Magik, which is a kick ass album

GregS 04-05-2006 10:42 PM

I thought their last album " By the way " was pretty good..
I dont think it will be as gr8 as that was..

LeftOfTheMurder 04-06-2006 04:39 PM

oh yea dude, By The Way rocks, someone saying the new album tops By The Way gets me very excited for May 9th.

shiver 04-07-2006 04:10 AM

I def. like By the Way.

Rocketqueen 05-02-2006 02:30 AM

ITS About time for some new stuff Damn It ITS TIME FOR DA PEPPERS !!!

metalchris25 05-02-2006 04:02 AM

Glad they got new material. I can't see them putting out a bad album. Of course then again I thought the same thing about Metallica. (I think we all know which album that is.)The new single is pretty lame to me though.

RMadd 05-03-2006 01:11 PM

saw the music video the other day, it's pretty sweet

Rocketqueen 05-03-2006 01:20 PM

i have,nt saw it yet dont tell me i wanna check it out myself i sware its hard too see a great video anymore i hope i dont get dissapointed with this one

Lechium 05-04-2006 01:25 AM

RHCP has been going downhill since Mothers Milk. That was amazing CD thou. Now they kinda recycle same ideas over and over again. Cathcy songs yeah, but clooooones.

LeftOfTheMurder 05-04-2006 09:06 AM

Lechium - With all due respect, please don't make judgments like that without listening to Stadium Arcadium in its entirety. I certainly don't think Dani California is a good example of what the album suonds like. It's obvious that they release DC as the first single because it would work for anyone who listens to the radio. It's marketable. I think Stadium Arcadium tops Blood Sugar Sex Magik and anything before that. That's just my opinion and of course you are entitled to your own, but I think you should really check out all 28 new songs before making such a quick judgement based on the first single.

Lechium 05-05-2006 03:52 PM

By the same logic I should listen to Britney Spears CD's in ther entirey, before caliming that they suck?

metalchris25 05-05-2006 04:35 PM

thats a completely different style of music, and we all know it sux before listening to that filth.

Lechium 05-05-2006 04:53 PM

I dont see the difference. I heard previous RHCP record and it sucked, so I assume new one would as well.
I heard some Britney Spears songs and they sucked, so I assume new ones would as well.
Only difference is that it is very popular to say "Britney sucks" and "RHCP are pretty cool".
IMO artist who always sucked is not nearly as bad as one who used to be good but sucks now. That's just depressing =(

metalchris25 05-05-2006 05:03 PM

I can tell you have not heard but the one song, which does suck, but the others are really good.

Lechium 05-05-2006 05:54 PM

I never heard even that one song. Dont listen to the radio, dont care enough to d/l their CD -- where would I hear it?

LeftOfTheMurder 05-05-2006 09:19 PM

haha so how do you have any room whatsoever to comment on their new material? you havent even heard it....maybe you're in the wrong thread?

listen man, i understand where your coming from, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but i think your losing a little credibility when you say things like that without ever have given it a fair listen.

how can you compare the chili peppers with britney spears? RHCP all play their own instruments and write their own songs, unlike mrs. spears.

Lechium 05-05-2006 10:28 PM

Hey when derivative is negative, you KNOW not to expect an increase =)

metalchris25 05-06-2006 10:37 AM

Ultimate-Guitar.com has a review on the new album that is dead-on.

Lechium 05-06-2006 12:46 PM

When people say that review is 'dead-on' it really means 'review was written by a guy who feels same way as me'.
I already know your view on that CD, so that review would be redundant.

LeftOfTheMurder 05-07-2006 02:50 PM

good point. although some writers actually know what they're talking about and others simply do not.

metalchris25 05-07-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
When people say that review is 'dead-on' it really means 'review was written by a guy who feels same way as me'.
I already know your view on that CD, so that review would be redundant.

If you took the time to read it, you would know just how completly wrong you are. Assumptions are for fools.

Lechium 05-09-2006 05:32 AM

So I was browsing though the channels and came accross the video for that song.
Honestly... it tunrned out to be WORSE that what I expected.
It has signature RHCP sound all over it, but has absolutley not energy to it. Zilch! The song that is more of a RHCP clone than I could had imagined drags along like a train when you're waiting at an intersection -- monotonous and predictable sounds, and not much else.
If that's the lead single material for double album than the band really is just a pale reflection of their former self.
Sad.

LeftOfTheMurder 05-09-2006 08:13 AM

I think that DC is definately nowhere close to the best track on the double album. Again, judge the single by the single and the album by the album.

metalchris25 05-09-2006 12:35 PM

doesn't matter what you say. Lechium seems like one of those people that either has to be right all the time, or tries to piss off as many people as they can pointlessly trying to prove so, knowing all along they are just talking out of thier ass.

Lechium 05-09-2006 05:55 PM

I dont have to always be right. I was just giving my opinion.
I listen to loads of very different music, and in my experience there are tonns of bands that top RHCP is about any respect. RHCP stopped being adventerious, and became moneymakers a while ago. That's a fact.
By no means am I trying to tell you what to listen, and what not to -- if you like creed and stapp man, than RHCP are a step up, so congratulations =)

P.S. For some reason my "troll" status has been revoked. How sad =(

Mr. Seeker 05-20-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
The song is ok. Older stuff is alot better.

I agree, the song isn't my favorite, but I love the music video! Now every time I hear the song, I think about that and that's the only reason I lisen to it.