CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Official AB on Leno Discussion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8475)

RMadd 01-20-2005 01:18 AM

both of them. it's not gonna be a one-man show, as Creed seemed to have become. after all, they sorta are a supergroup. maybe a 2nd tier supergroup, but a supergroup nonetheless.

aussiecreeder 01-20-2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
both of them. it's not gonna be a one-man show, as Creed seemed to have become. after all, they sorta are a supergroup. maybe a 2nd tier supergroup, but a supergroup nonetheless.

ummm to be a super-group myles would had to have come from a more well-known group. ask the average person who the mayfield four are and you'll get a blank look. everyone knows the bands that make up audioslave, velvet revolver and a perfect circle for instance. i agree with your first point and i think they both are still on an upward spiral which is kind of scary for the next album. :)

Torn Daredevil 01-20-2005 01:24 AM

I do think Tremo stole the show last night, but Myles did a decent job in keeping up. Brian and Scott just seem comfortable being in the background, I guess.

RMadd 01-20-2005 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
ummm to be a super-group myles would had to have come from a more well-known group.

that's why i called 'em 2nd-tier
but, after all, they did release 2 major label albums
when you add a band that's sold more than 20 million albums in the US, they've gotta fall in somewhere. they're not top level, b/c neither creed nor M4 is anywhere near GNR and STP, or Rage and Soundgarden.

aussiecreeder 01-20-2005 03:13 AM

Quote:

that's why i called 'em 2nd-tier
but, after all, they did release 2 major label albums
when you add a band that's sold more than 20 million albums in the US, they've gotta fall in somewhere. they're not top level, b/c neither creed nor M4 is anywhere near GNR and STP, or Rage and Soundgarden.

well creed would have sold at least as many albums as STP and more than rage and soundgarden i would guess. however the mf4 were at a much smaller level commercially. ummm i guess they fall in somewhere but the whole supergroup label is kind of nuts, great marketing gimmick though.

NeedforCreed 01-20-2005 09:38 AM

Not sure what happened. It seemed like it was going to DL, but wouldn't. Can you suggest a program to open it?

Bridge of Clay 01-20-2005 10:22 AM

well, Flip banged the hell out of his drums, you can tell that by looking at his facial expressions.

And that was the first time I could hear the bass so clear on a AB song, including when I listen to their album in the car.

RMadd 01-20-2005 12:45 PM

maybe your car stereo sucks?

Bridge of Clay 01-20-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

maybe your car stereo sucks?

maybe I need to stop slacking and learn how to setup the bass louder! lol

RMadd 01-20-2005 12:58 PM

:hammerlol
b/c i hear the bass on my computer stereo (5.1 stereo surround, only a 25 W sub)

Bridge of Clay 01-20-2005 01:18 PM

yeah, you brag about it :(

lol

caseycarson 01-20-2005 02:56 PM

I've always said I wasn't too fond of AB, but I gotta admit they were pretty awesome on Leno the other night.

The Lithium 01-20-2005 03:14 PM

Mark is playing a little bit faster than Flip in the start. Anyone else noticed?

Torn Signs 01-20-2005 10:43 PM

It was normal, average, nothing spetacular. I give it to them that they weren't off anywhere, but nothing inspirational. Nice ooh's throughout the end, nice hairdo on Myles too. I guess, yes, in the end, a good performance, but nothing to die about.

shiver 01-20-2005 10:56 PM

Still pumped about the performance. The thing Mark did with whammy at the end, spinning it in circles was a nice visual. Dude can freakin' play. Wish i was 1/4 the musician he is.