CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Oh Shit, Scott Did Not Just Say That... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7726)

Chase 10-23-2004 04:56 PM

I don't see what the big deal is. Scott Weiland did STP songs with Velvet Revolver and Chris Cornell did Soundgarden songs with Audioslave. Scott Stapp did write the majority of the lyrics and the songs reflected HIS LIFE and HIS FEELINGS. The man has the words "Creed" tattooed on his arm. I think that it was the other band members that wanted to move on more than Stapp. I don't think it's disrespectful, he's not calling himself Creed, some fans still want to hear Creed music live in one form or the other. Most people when they think of Creed, they think of Stapp more than Tremonti. I wouldn't want to hear an entire Creed concert coming from Scott Stapp, but hearing "My Own Prison" live wouldn't upset me. Just my thoughts.

Dogstar 10-23-2004 06:26 PM

Welcome to the board, Chase...With regard to STP a good mount of time had passed when VR did them. Though the STP breakup wasn't official until recently, they hadn't done anything as a group in quite a while. And when did Audioslave ever do Soundgarden songs? I saw them twice and the only covers they did were Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes and Working Man by Rush. I'm pretty sure they did neither Soundgarden nor Rage songs. Chris Cornell did do some acoustic SG on his Euphoria Morning tour and the only ones I have are Seasons and Like Suicide. Again, that was a good two years after Soundgarden officially broke up. For me, I need more time to pass before I can deal with Stapp doing Creed songs without the rest of the group.

Torn Daredevil 10-23-2004 06:54 PM

Yeah, I was just about to say that...When has Audioslave ever done a Soundgarden song???

And VR has been known to perform STP's Sex Type Thing, but that song is over 10 years old...

TeriB19 10-23-2004 10:15 PM

In a nutshell, it's just too soon.

Ann Allusion 10-23-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

In a nutshell, it's just too soon.

well, if y'all do the math...by the time stapp tours for his album, tentively set for the summer of 2005, that will make the last time any Creed music was played "on tour"...ummm...around a little over three years...

as dogstar pointed out:

Quote:

Chris Cornell did do some acoustic SG on his Euphoria Morning tour and the only ones I have are Seasons and Like Suicide. Again, that was a good two years after Soundgarden officially broke up

so three years, to me, is not too soon.

people are upset because he did Higher, WAWO...but his radio interviews were to promote the Creeds Greatest Hits Album...which btw is still coming out 2 years after the fact...

for those that feel it is too soon...fine...take all the time you need to get over it...but once again...there are many more that do not...and those will be the people that will be buying the CGH...and have no problem with hearing stapp sing Creed songs...

fluttergirl 10-24-2004 09:36 AM

there's no math to be done, he's already played the songs on a radio station.

Dogstar 10-24-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
there's no math to be done, he's already played the songs on a radio station.

Exactly.

DekWannaBFlea 10-24-2004 07:46 PM

The answer to the SOundgarden/Audioslave question is.....They never have.

ctfan 10-24-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
for those that feel it is too soon...fine...take all the time you need to get over it...but once again...there are many more that do not...and those will be the people that will be buying the CGH...and have no problem with hearing stapp sing Creed songs...

I'm one of those people!!! :D :D :D

fluttergirl 10-24-2004 11:08 PM

Why is this so hard to understand? We dont have a problem with stapp singing. We have a problem with another band playing Creed songs. I do anyway....
And that has nothing to do with whether or not I'll buy the GH CD.