CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   [Discuss] Stapp on Leno (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10020)

The Lithium 11-25-2005 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE
I bet you have the cd and haven't stopped listening since you bought it.

Bet he doesn't! :D Although his behaviour is childish.

titan9 11-25-2005 10:15 AM

It is childish and ridiculous. Makes me wish Uncertain were here, posting his messages about why he dislikes Stapp. :laugh:

Chris98GT 11-25-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
A question for Chris98GT: if you're going to bash Stapp in every one of your posts, what is the point of you posting here?!?

Last I checked, there was more than just a Stapp forum on this site.

I heard the album and I'm commenting on it. My opinion differs from yours. I'm not being a prick about anything. Get over it.

titan9 11-25-2005 10:24 AM

Yeah, there is more to this site than just this forum, and the Alter Bridge forum is right over there. You'd probably feel at home there, considering you're a big fan of AB(as am I). You don't have to come in here and bash Stapp. It won't fly well here, especially when you create pointless threads doing so. To me, that's being a prick.

INDIGOSTEVE 11-25-2005 01:40 PM

titan is right on the money!

stapp still rocks~

eusebioCBR 11-25-2005 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sina2b
Oh and Im not sure why i dont dig the begining of TGD, i like the song overall but the begining is too country-ish. anyone else?

I kinda like it, sounds Irish folk and it gives the song a unique sound :)

stappissohot 11-25-2005 04:00 PM

I thought he did quite well, he smiled quite a bit though :D which I had no problem with it wsa just new to see him smile so much, and he performed very well, like he was performing to a crowd of 100,000+ even though he was peforming to around 100....so it was quite amazing I was shocked at how well he did, scott stapp is truly back and bette than ever
:stappissohot:

HuMaN~ClAy 11-25-2005 09:01 PM

been a while since i posted here... but i just watched the vid from him on Leno...

Edited*

hhmmm... first i had lots of negative stuff here... but after listening to it again i liked it more..

it wasn't great... average performance.

to me i didn't like it at first because Gone Blind really sucked... they basically masked the good singing of Stapp... i thought it all sounded bad at first but it was just Gone Blind..

didn't like all his show and dance... it wasn't appropriate for Leno.

i'm done, i've seriously edited this thing like 5 different times lol.

creedlvr 11-25-2005 10:01 PM

I loved it! His voice did seem a bit shakey in the chorus a couple of times, though. As for the dramatics ... I guess I could see how people would not find them appropriate for Leno ... but he couldn't very well get up there and have no enthusiasm. To me, it seemed that he made the performance to the smaller crowd the same as if he was to a larger one. Really, it is a larger one since it is on TV. Plus, I think he was probably a bit nervous with it being his first performance and all.

But I really think he sounded great, looked FANTASTIC and did a great job! And ... I love the song! It does sound "Creedish" ... but I don't think the rest of the songs do.

Ana4Stapp 11-25-2005 10:44 PM

Finnaly I downloaded this (unbelievable how realplayer sucks on my computer... :mad: ) --and I liked it, I mean is always good to see Stapp singing, specially after a log time...
well, as for his performance on Leno I have to say that:1)even though it was quite theatrical (definitely over even for Stapp) , 2) considering he choosed singing "The Great Divide" ( :eek: ) , 3) admmiting his voice sometimes just 'disappeared' ...

I liked. ;)

The Lithium 11-26-2005 09:11 AM

This video gave me the "Creed-chills"! :D So good to see him back on his feets again!

Although, I think, that when Creed preformed on a show like this they played one of their songs as a band. Now it was more like Scott singing, and some band backing him up. I hope they will get more "bandish" with each other out on the road!

INDIGOSTEVE 11-26-2005 09:39 AM

I think it will be a great show in a small hall I hope!

The Lithium 11-26-2005 10:01 AM

Yeah, no big stadiums.

RMadd 11-26-2005 06:31 PM

i thought it was pretty good. a tad flat at the beginning, and the apparent inability to hit the high notes in the chorus were the only problems i noticed. the one thing that really bothered me, tho, was the way that the guitars seemed to ring a bit longer than usual. must've been the acoustics of the performance stage or whatever, but that's really what bothered me most.

Bridge of Clay 11-26-2005 10:24 PM

I don't want to sound gay, but Stapp looked really nice!

He forgot a few words, but I assume he was a bit nervous. And he had to sing some parts an octave lower when comparing to the album. Those were the flaws.

As for the good moments, I liked his trick with the mic stand, interacted with the whole band and still showed his awesome stage performance. The guy is a master of the stage presence art.

He'll be very successful. Most people don't care if he can sing like the album live, they'll go to have fun and listen the catchy songs they hear on radio. Stapp delivers it.