CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Creed morphed into Scott Stapp" (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9818)

geletmote 10-31-2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
LOL @ Teri!!!

Dude... Mark had the chorus for Find The Real... he showed it up to Myles one night and on the next morning Myles had finished writing it! He did all of the verses and the bridge. How can be Myles talking about Stapp???

as for "crown of thorns", correct me if I'm wrong but it's just an expression... Myles grew up in church, I'm sure he heard it a ton of times.

Just goes to show Myles work ethic not alot compared to stapp..

uncertaindrumer 11-01-2005 09:27 PM

^That is the most backwards thing I have heard in a LONG time. Bad work ethic=not finishing the song for three months.

Good work ethic=finishing it over night. ESPECIALLY considering it completely blows out of the water ANYTHING Stapp EVER wrote.

Trimontana 11-01-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
life is but a dream.

I'm thinking this song was written about how Stapp was in the rowboat in the My Sacrifice video and how he was gliding through the water and he was happy and his life was dreamy.

For heaven's sake, any lyrics to any song can be taken to mean any freaking thing!!! Stop trying to fuel the us vs. them argument, it's so old.

Teri you are a star.

The lyrics are so bad, like a little kid wrote them.

Bridge of Clay 11-01-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geletmote
Just goes to show Myles work ethic not alot compared to stapp..

are you sure you meant it? coz it makes no sense... it's like comparing apples to oranges...

and yet, what part of "it has nothing to do with Stapp" you didn't understand?

The Lithium 11-02-2005 05:13 AM

First of all!! GOOD JOB TERI!!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprophetman
I really wouldn't care to know the meaning behind any Alter Bridge song.

What do you care about then? I'm sorry to bring this up, but you are one hell of a boring person to have an argument with since you only say: "I honestly don't care what you think" or "I don't care to know the meanings behind any songs". In the theard where Marcos, (Bridge of Clay), made the joke about you being a grandpa you must have used the phrase "I don't care" a million times! Do you care about anything besides from yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprophetman
Like I said, they don't have a message as far as I'm concerned, so I don't listen to them AS anything.

If you start listening to the songs with the thought in the back of your head that they don't have any messanges I'm sure you won't find many. And also... If you don't listen to them, how can you be so sure they don't have any?

Quote:

I can get those 10 songs and make them related to Alter Bridge as well... You'll get the idea but I won't bother to do it right now...

Yeah, that's easy!

geletmote 11-02-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
Teri you are a star.

The lyrics are so bad, like a little kid wrote them.

Why do u think the Row ur boat lyrics are so bad, and whats wrong if a little kid did write them? I think their great lyrics look how long their been around for. I want to hear ur reason why there so bad?

ctfan 11-02-2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

You're entitled to it.

But can't a man worry about his board mates when they're astray?

Awww, I really do appreciate the concern, but it's not really necessary. Don't think of me as going astray...but think of it as, ummm the two of us having a difference of opinion.

Besides, I kinda like my way of thinking. It's more positive. :D

ctfan 11-02-2005 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Ya know, I have been telling people that this is what Scott Stapp is like for a LONG time and you all know its true, so I'm not one to say I told you so but:

I totally told you so!

Wow. What a piece of nonsense. Get your head out of his butt, would you?

Sorry if that crosses any invisible line because I really am not trying to insult anyone but COME ON. If you can justify this, and spew crap about how ODR is about Stapp (give me a break), you really DO think the guy is a god, and when one thinks the biggest moron in music is a god... one needs help.

Oh geez, were is the love??

First of all, why you thought I actually listened when you you gave your explanation of what Stapp was like, I have not the first clue. I form my own opinions based on what I read from any particular artist, and not what some fan/non-fan/hater/critic has to say, k?

You took what I posted and ran with it didn't ya ud?? Just ran off into the wild blue yonder. For the love of all things holy, man I was talking about AB's INTERVIEWS, not the lyrics to ODR.

Since AB's inception, that's all 3 of the members have talked about. Success and failure, they turned Creed into Scott Stapp. From the lyics to Creed cd's all the way down to the break up, and everything in-between.

So there, hope that satifies the conclusions you jumped to. Oh, btw, about my head and were it might possibly be...you can pretty much bank on the fact that it won't be up your butt. :D

uncertaindrumer 11-02-2005 10:12 PM

:rolleyes:

What's the point of arguing anymore.

Althoguh as a sidenote I will agree AB talked way too much about Stapp... they gave him too much credibility.

The Lithium 11-03-2005 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Awww, I really do appreciate the concern, but it's not really necessary. Don't think of me as going astray...but think of it as, ummm the two of us having a difference of opinion.

Dude, you have been astraied! Listen to the album, Scott did NOT morph into Creed! The Great Divide proves it! I think Creed was a bit heavier, in a mysterious kind of way.

geletmote 11-03-2005 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Dude, you have been astraied! Listen to the album, Scott did NOT morph into Creed! The Great Divide proves it! I think Creed was a bit heavier, in a mysterious kind of way.

Define that mysteriousness..

The Lithium 11-03-2005 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geletmote
Define that mysteriousness..

Say I... Do I have to say any more than that?

Bridge of Clay 11-03-2005 10:25 AM

Ok, just one more thing coz I need to be fair. It just came to my knowledge that in the same interview Stapp said he still loves Mark and Flip. I'll edit the first post with that as well.

revisfoot 11-04-2005 01:42 PM

You know, I actually think Scott has finally gotten tired of seeing all the terrible things his former bandmates have all said about him. I mean, that's all Tremonti & Co. have said, that Stapp was the worst thing the music industry ever encountered, yadda yada. So, perhaps he's done with taking this high road, and showing the darker side of Tremo and his boys. It's all politics, but you have to admit, Stapp tried to take the high road when AB bashed him the entire time.

INDIGOSTEVE 11-04-2005 01:53 PM

[quote=revisfoot]You know, I actually think Scott has finally gotten tired of seeing all the terrible things his former bandmates have all said about him. I mean, that's all Tremonti & Co. have said, that Stapp was the worst thing the music industry ever encountered, yadda yada. So, perhaps he's done with taking this high road, and showing the darker side of Tremo and his boys. It's all politics, but you have to admit, Stapp tried to take the high road when AB bashed him the entire time.[/QUOTE
sometimes you just have to let it go, life is to short!

Bridge of Clay 11-04-2005 01:58 PM

or maybe he was just afraid to "counter attack" since he knows they could end his career if they wanted to???

Faceless_Man 11-04-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

or maybe he was just afraid to "counter attack" since he knows they could end his career if they wanted to???

Tremonti and Co. end Scott's career??!?! Are you insane? They wouldnt have a career if it wasnt for him.

Bridge of Clay 11-04-2005 02:17 PM

You sure? :rolleyes

titan9 11-04-2005 02:33 PM

I kinda find it hard that they could "end" his career. I mean, really, what allegations could they possibly make to end it? Are they gonna say that he lip synchs? Or that he didn't write any of the Creed lyrics? Or that he's the world's worst person? I know, I know, I don't know the "whole" story. But I just find it really hard to believe. That's just me, though. Personally, I'd rather focus on his solo career than the past. JMHO.

Bridge of Clay 11-04-2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I kinda find it hard that they could "end" his career. I mean, really, what allegations could they possibly make to end it? Are they gonna say that he lip synchs? Or that he didn't write any of the Creed lyrics? Or that he's the world's worst person? I know, I know, I don't know the "whole" story. But I just find it really hard to believe. That's just me, though. Personally, I'd rather focus on his solo career than the past. JMHO.

I don't know either... but that's what Jeff Hanson said.

titan9 11-04-2005 03:08 PM

Hmm, interesting. Well, nonetheless, I'd prefer to focus on the more positive things, like the good album Stapp is putting out on Nov 22nd.

Speaking of Hanson, I was recently on Ebay, looking at some auctions. I found one for a Creed Gold Sales Award for My Own Prison. Ironically, it was presented to Hanson. Apparently he is selling some of his Creed stuff? http://cgi.ebay.com/CREED-RIAA-MY-OW... cmdZViewItem

The Lithium 11-04-2005 04:30 PM

Wow, I'd love to have that one on my wall!!

titan9 11-04-2005 04:58 PM

Same here. The price seems to be reasonable. You'd think that, with how big Creed was, the price would be much higher. In addition to that plaque, there are other ones for MOP(and probably the other albums) up for auction on Ebay.

The Lithium 11-05-2005 05:46 AM

Well, that "Human Clay 10 Millions copies"-plaque is nothing I can afford. Although it's frickin' hoooot!!

The Lithium 11-05-2005 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceless_Man
Tremonti and Co. end Scott's career??!?! Are you insane? They wouldnt have a career if it wasnt for him.

No, no, no, newbie! What Marcos, (Bridge of Clay), meant is that Stapp has done enough of crap, we don't know of, that AB could easily end his career by telling the media all the shit he did back in Creed.

ctfan 11-06-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
:rolleyes:

What's the point of arguing anymore.

Althoguh as a sidenote I will agree AB talked way too much about Stapp... they gave him too much credibility.

You were making a point??

Hey, all I did was come to this thread and post an opinion based on the topic. Who you were arguing with, I haven't a clue.

Btw, hope you haven't had any heads hanging around your butt...that'd be a damn shame. :D

ctfan 11-06-2005 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium

Dude!! Read the header of this thread. It says: "Creed morphed into Scott Stapp"

Creed man, Creed. It doesn't say anything about Stapp morphing into Creed. Pay attention there Lith.

ctfan 11-06-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

Hmm, interesting. Well, nonetheless, I'd prefer to focus on the more positive things, like the good album Stapp is putting out on Nov 22nd.

Speaking of Hanson, I was recently on Ebay, looking at some auctions. I found one for a Creed Gold Sales Award for My Own Prison. Ironically, it was presented to Hanson. Apparently he is selling some of his Creed stuff? http://cgi.ebay.com/CREED-RIAA-MY-OW... cmdZViewItem

Wow. Just goes to show whe he thinks of Creed's success, not to mention his own. I guess Hanson is hard up, and needs the money.

ctfan 11-06-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

I don't know either... but that's what Jeff Hanson said.

Oh my god, that's hilarious! Hanson said that?? The same guy who has his shit up for sale on E-bay....LMAO!!!!!!!!

titan9 11-06-2005 04:18 PM

Yeah, that's kinda why I find it hard to believe. I mean, if someone else close to the band said that, I'd have an easier time believing it. But not someone who has (a) quit managing AB and (b) put his Creed-related stuff up for auction on Ebay. Like you said, Ct, it seems he needs some money. Maybe he is making this stuff up about AB being able to "end" Stapp's career only for the potential money he could make off the story.

Bridge of Clay 11-06-2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

Oh my god, that's hilarious! Hanson said that?? The same guy who has his shit up for sale on E-bay....LMAO!!!!!!!!

Yep, the same guy who made Creed.

ctfan 11-06-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that's kinda why I find it hard to believe. I mean, if someone else close to the band said that, I'd have an easier time believing it. But not someone who has (a) quit managing AB and (b) put his Creed-related stuff up for auction on Ebay. Like you said, Ct, it seems he needs some money. Maybe he is making this stuff up about AB being able to "end" Stapp's career only for the potential money he could make off the story.

Thanks titan, I agree w/you. I've never liked Hanson...and I guess I shouldn't say that because I don't know the man, but he's just always kinda struck me as a money hungry type of guy.

If he in fact fed that line to Tremo & co. about ending Stapp's career and they then fed it a little at the time to the media through the interviews they gave before he quit being their manager in order to up his ante...he's a dick.

Bridge of Clay 11-06-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

He said that way before Alter Bridge released the album. Actually it was on the week before OYE was released.

Just in case I missed something, how do you know he's selling it? Hard Rock Cafe also has copies of the platinum thing... and even if it's Hanson, he's starting his own business, what's wrong in leveraging some capital ? Maybe the ones here who are rich enough to clean the ass with 100 dollar bills can take a laugh at him, but that's not my case...

titan9 11-06-2005 05:04 PM

It says it was "presented" to Hanson, basically meaning that it was his plaque. I'm assuming that he is letting the Ebay guy auction it off for him for the money. And I never said that I was laughing about him selling it. Believe me, I am not rich. All I'm saying is that he seems a bit desperate for cash, and because of that, I'm going to take what he says with a grain of salt. That's just my opinion.

Mrprophetman 11-06-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

It says it was "presented" to Hanson, basically meaning that it was his plaque. I'm assuming that he is letting the Ebay guy auction it off for him for the money. And I never said that I was laughing about him selling it. Believe me, I am not rich. All I'm saying is that he seems a bit desperate for cash, and because of that, I'm going to take what he says with a grain of salt. That's just my opinion.

Maybe he thinks the National Enquirer will call him up and offer him cash for some dirt. You know if I managed the biggest band of the last decade, no matter how much I needed the moolah, I wouldn't sell my gold and platinum records. If he's actually that hard up, wouldn't that be some Karma?

Bridge of Clay 11-06-2005 08:36 PM

that part was directed at ctfan, not you. You're good.

titan9 11-06-2005 08:54 PM

I know, man, I was just justifying what I said before. I didn't want others to think that I was this guy who acts all high and mighty, and laughs at those who sell things online for money. Thanks for the compliment, though. You're good as well. :)

rainfall 11-07-2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Dude I totally agree it is good therapy, I mean if you listen to half the lyrics from a alterbride song they are ripping on stapp, in the songs they call out his drinking lying ways and slam him from every direction...I like both AB and Stapp and this whole thing is rediculous. Maybe if Mark spent less time promoting baseball on his blog and more time playing we might have another alterbride CD instead of One day remains tour part 6...two years later.... As far as stapp he still a ass for his part in ruining creed, but you dont have to love the artist to appreciate the music and his album sounds pretty thourough, I enjoyed sorround me and Fight Song...good effort...

No, You don't have your facts straight! Do a little research, or maybe just talk to the guys and ask them whats up. They would tell you straight up why they decided to tour for 2 years and if they are indeed actually writing songs, which real musicians are constantly trying to improve which is why bands continue to write music. This is how a band grows together and improves. Comments like this show people just how vulnerable your knowledge span of the band is and the musicians that molded it.

rainfall 11-07-2005 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Dude,
I got my facts straight both sides are stupid for what has happened to creed. I like AB , but prefer stapps lyraical sound as compared to myles rants of 80's music past. If by listening to the sample of fight son it is not more ever appearant that Stapp does not need his former bandmates to be successful as where alterbridge can sure as hell use a new lead singer...because miles just doesn't cut it..Yeah AB had a few decent songs but nothing that would make you think that they were anything more than a mediocre throwback rock band.. Stapp will have a heck of a solo career and as much as it pains me to say It because I am a big fan of tremonti's, after hearing the guitar work and drums I really don't thimk stapp needs his ex bandmates...I mean sorround me and fight song sounded great and tremonti wasnt even playing in it.You can say what you want about his comments on the radio about AB , but he's right he wrote the lyrics that rocketed creed to the charts and It is amazing how he was able to reproduce creeds sound without those guys being there as where myles who is a good singer just really can't cut it to bring alter bridge to the forefront of really successful bands. Im not knocking myles he has a good voice but he;s a drop in the bucket when trying to replace Platinum sound that Stapp has..period!

First give enough respect to check your spelling on the name of a man/musician you are trying to knock down. And what makes you think that Scott Stapp is going to have a leg up regarding success, All the men of Creed will have to start from ground zero in that respect. Maybe, the men of Creed should search for a different meaning to the word success, maybe that is what Alterbridge is doing, and I can only hope that Scott Stapp can find a new meaning because apparently the old definition wasn't working for him either. If Scott Stapp wants to really earn the respect he has lost as a person and vocalist he is going to need to do something different that "reproduce" what he has already done. Repeating shows no growth, change, or desire to improve. And if you highly regard Scott's solo career because he recreates the sound that Creed put forth, I would charge you with ignorance to the real meaning of music, nor are you a musician.

The Lithium 11-07-2005 11:16 AM

Quote:

What the fuck does it matter? Are you trying to use that as a good argument? Creed owe all their success to Jeff! Thanks to his sharp tour schedule Creed had their big break-out. And still... Jeff have been with Creed through all these years, I think he knows the truth better than you.

Quote:

Yep, the same guy who made Creed.

See... ctfan... COOL IT!!!