CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Oh Shit, Scott Did Not Just Say That... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7726)

fluttergirl 10-18-2004 07:11 PM

K. Well, I misunderstood you, I though you were saying he wasnt a baritone or something. Im not saying you would get the same thing from him, just that he could physically do it.
It wouldnt seem right to me if TP played Creed stuff...that's all, and im glad AB isnt. As much as I love Myles, its best to leave the Creed stuff to the Creed guys.

DekWannaBFlea 10-18-2004 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
I am not saying Myles "can't" sing them. Obviously, we all know he has had vocal training. That is was not the point. The point I was making in saying that AB couldn't pull it off was that people just wouldn't be accepting of hearing any voice other than Scott's singing those songs. Scott can pull it off because with him singing, the songs would sound the same as they did with Creed. People recognize the voice and relate to it. They don't necessarily identify with who is playing the guitar (except for the die-hard guitar fans.) As long as the backing band plays the songs properly, the songs will sound the same. They won't with Myles (or anyone else) singing them.

Wrong, that is just wrong. I notice people that are not hardcore guitar fans notice the guitar even more than the vocals. Plus i doubt who ever plays with scott won't sound the same as Tremonti and the gang. Effects/Guitars/Drums/Playin style/Bass stuff like that. Stop assuming that your point of view is the right one.

DangerousDan85 10-18-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
APC, VR, Audioslave, none of them did this, cuz they wanted their music to stand on it's own. I would have a lot more respect for Stapp if he would do the same. I have respect for AB and Myles not doing it.

actually Velvet Revolver do perform a few STP and Guns and Roses songs at their shows

here's a setlist

01. Sucker Train Blues
02. Spectical
03. Headspace
04. Superhuman
05. Crackerman (STP cover)
06. Mr. Brownstone (GN'R cover)
07. Fall to Pieces
08. Big Machine
09. Illegal I
10. Do it for the Kids
11. Set Me Free
12. Used To Love Her (GN'R cover)
13. Sex Type Thing (STP cover)
14. It's So Easy (GN'R cover)
15. Slither
16. Negative Creep (NIRVANA cover)

Ann Allusion 10-18-2004 07:50 PM

Quote:

I don't think there is anything inherently WRONG with Scott performing Creed songs as a solo artist, I just think it doesn't show much class from his side of the table or scream out confidence in his new material...

well first off you are contridicting yourself with this comment...saying you don't see a problem with it...but it's classless and lacking confidence...and in my book, if that is how you see it, then it is WRONG in your eyes..and apparently in the eyes of a lot of other people.

Mark and stapp both worked on this music together in one way or another...Mark has chosen to distance himself from playing Creed music..because that is not what Alter Bridge is about...fine and dandy...stapp has chosen to support the CGH project (whether it is by his own choosing, or the labels, or both, as we, the public, are nothing more than spoonfed just enough information so we think we know something, when we really don't) and in turn will be singing some of the songs ALONG with his solo project.

THERE IS NO SHAME IN THIS, NOR IS THERE A LACK OF CONFIDENCE BEING SHOWN...

The only thing i see is a bunch of people that claimed at one time, to be Creed Fans and have taken it upon themselves to chastise, and at times become downright hateful about the choices that have been made...

why can't people just be patient...in the end it will all work out, and i have a feeling that many will be quite surprised, and others will realize that their premature judgements were unfounded...continuing to "gripe" about excutive decisions no one has control over accomplishes nothing.

again...just MY opinion...

fluttergirl 10-18-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
actually Velvet Revolver do perform a few STP and Guns and Roses songs at their shows

here's a setlist

Ah. Well, i will be far more edjumacated in a few days, i get to see VR this sunday.... :D
This is the first I had heard of it, but as far as doing covers...i dunno. I think its just a time thing.

Shadow 10-18-2004 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
The only thing i see is a bunch of people that claimed at one time, to be Creed Fans and have taken it upon themselves to chastise, and at times become downright hateful about the choices that have been made...

why can't people just be patient...in the end it will all work out, and i have a feeling that many will be quite surprised, and others will realize that their premature judgements were unfounded...continuing to "gripe" about excutive decisions no one has control over accomplishes nothing.

I agree with you!

And as far as Scott not having confidence in his own material - that's a joke because he thinks just the opposite. He has already proven himself with Relearn Love - it's classic Scott all the way. No matter what Scott does - it will always sound like Creed because Scott was the voice of the band.

There is no reason whatsoever why he shouldn't sing the songs he wrote while in the band. I certainly would rather that then a cover song.

Bridge of Clay 10-18-2004 11:41 PM

well... I believe Stapp is doing Creed songs coz:

1. he can't sing those new songs due contract issues
2. somone needs to promote the Greatest Hits album that's coming soon

that's how I see it

StillACreedFan 10-19-2004 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
well... I believe Stapp is doing Creed songs coz:

1. he can't sing those new songs due contract issues
2. somone needs to promote the Greatest Hits album that's coming soon

that's how I see it

Makes sense to me.

Steve 10-19-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
He has already proven himself with Relearn Love - it's classic Scott all the way. No matter what Scott does - it will always sound like Creed because Scott was the voice of the band.

Relearn Love doesn't sound like Creed IMO. :)

TeriB19 10-19-2004 11:41 AM

^^^^^^^^^ What he said.

DekWannaBFlea 10-19-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve

I agree, i almost fell asleep listening to Relearn love. No joke.....

creedlvr 10-19-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
Wrong, that is just wrong. I notice people that are not hardcore guitar fans notice the guitar even more than the vocals. Plus i doubt who ever plays with scott won't sound the same as Tremonti and the gang. Effects/Guitars/Drums/Playin style/Bass stuff like that. Stop assuming that your point of view is the right one.

I totally disagree ... and yes ... that is MY opinion. I think you're the one assuming that your point of view is the right one. The bottom line is ... some would agree with me ... and some would agree with you.

Shadow 10-19-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve

I meant the lyrics and when you listen to his voice on certain words - it just reminds me so much of some of the songs he sang in Creed.

Trees of Wisdom 10-19-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I meant the lyrics and when you listen to his voice on certain words - it just reminds me so much of some of the songs he sang in Creed.

The song reminds you of Scott Stapp because it's Scott Stapp, but that's it. It sounds nothing at all like Creed.

Torn Daredevil 10-19-2004 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
The song reminds you of Scott Stapp because it's Scott Stapp, but that's it. It sounds nothing at all like Creed.

Ditto