CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Angels & Airwaves (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10961)

Muad'Dib 05-28-2006 06:35 AM

Re: Angels & Airwaves

Gave it a listen out of curiousity, as suspected I didnt really like it. His voice still annoys fuck outa me, although the music is not that bad.

The Lithium 05-28-2006 12:55 PM

Sounds more like Dredg than Blink. (Therefore better :D)

RMadd 05-29-2006 02:21 AM

so i checked out the tracklisting on allmusic.... a little different than it was listed as a few weeks ago. no different tracks, but hopefully they're not different final cuts than what i have... if that's the case, then i'm f***ed

RMadd 05-31-2006 04:51 PM

so i was wondering why, exactly, their "logo" or whatever reads "AVA", b/c there doesn't seem any logical place the "V" could come from.... but i just bought the CD today, and was reading the liner notes, and it turns out Tom Delonge's daughter's name is Ava... I assume that's where it comes from?

Anna1011 05-31-2006 04:52 PM

yeah thats where it comes from. i found that out the other day.

metalchris25 05-31-2006 05:03 PM

thats pretty cool. I don't know why everyone hates on these guys.

Chase 06-01-2006 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
Any1 like this band ?
I personally think their amazing.
So different from Blink 182...

They're terrible... Tom Delonge should stop whining his way to the "airwaves." I'm embarrassed that my hometown of San Diego produced this guy.

The only talented one from Blink 182 is Travis Barker, the rest are immature and talentless. They play to the TRL crowd and are the pioneers of the pop punk movement that made the once proud genre of American punk a major joke.

RMadd 06-05-2006 04:42 PM

interesting take there, Chase.... I suppose you haven't seen Travis Barker's show "Meet the Barkers" on, of all channels, MTV!

titan9 06-05-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
They're terrible... Tom Delonge should stop whining his way to the "airwaves." I'm embarrassed that my hometown of San Diego produced this guy.

The only talented one from Blink 182 is Travis Barker, the rest are immature and talentless. They play to the TRL crowd and are the pioneers of the pop punk movement that made the once proud genre of American punk a major joke.

Agreed. Let's just say that when I found out Blink broke up, I didn't shed a tear. :laugh:

As for this new stuff, I haven't heard it and, honestly, I have no desire to. I've never liked Delonge's voice, and if I cannot stand the vocals in a band, typically, I won't listen to that band.