Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
TGD Liner Notes(originally posted at PBF) [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : TGD Liner Notes(originally posted at PBF)

titan9
11-18-2005, 08:16 PM
A member over there that apparently got an advanced copy posted some notable liner notes from TGD. I thought ya'll would be interested, so here they are:

"I would like to Thank Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, Brian Marshall, Jeff Hanson, Jeff Cameron, Gary Whitfield, and Dave Johnson, without you all, I would have never come to the place to create this album!"

other notes of interest in the thanks:

"My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! My heart...my son...JAGGER MICHAEL STAPP, My ROCK, Jaclyn Neshelwat.....Love you baby!"

----------
I think it is cool that he thanks his ex-bandmates and ex-manager. I know that he has said some harsh, stupid things about them, as they have about him, but I still think it is neat in a way, nonetheless.

nagpo
11-18-2005, 10:05 PM
A member over there that apparently got an advanced copy posted some notable liner notes from TGD. I thought ya'll would be interested, so here they are:

"I would like to Thank Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, Brian Marshall, Jeff Hanson, Jeff Cameron, Gary Whitfield, and Dave Johnson, without you all, I would have never come to the place to create this album!"

other notes of interest in the thanks:

"My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! My heart...my son...JAGGER MICHAEL STAPP, My ROCK, Jaclyn Neshelwat.....Love you baby!"

----------
I think it is cool that he thanks his ex-bandmates and ex-manager. I know that he has said some harsh, stupid things about them, as they have about him, but I still think it is neat in a way, nonetheless.
thats nice of him

The Lithium
11-19-2005, 07:18 AM
Well, I just think it's pathetic... In one interview he says stuff like: "My so-called friends", "I was Creed", and the in-famous: "Mark is a fucking asshole". In another interview he may have changed his stories. And now... He's thanking them in his booklet. Sure, it's nice of him to do that, but what's the point of thanking someone if you just called them "my so-called friends"?

Personally, I think Stapp is thanking them just to hold on to that last piece of Creed, as long as he can.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-19-2005, 07:31 AM
well everyone including me has their asshole times!

The Lithium
11-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Yeah, that's true... Still, I think it's a bit strange.

RobertGene13
11-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Did anyone consider that he is trying to be sarcastic? I know he stated in a previous interview that the "people around him" were not worried about him. So, I'm only assuming here, but those people might be the people he was talking about. Secondly, the band, we know, is no longer with him. For Scott Stapp to have "come to the place" to write this album, it might mean that those people wronged him. Basically, he could be taking another shot.

Robert

The Lithium
11-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, that's true... Could be. That's a really good point!

Ana4Stapp
11-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Did anyone consider that he is trying to be sarcastic? I know he stated in a previous interview that the "people around him" were not worried about him. So, I'm only assuming here, but those people might be the people he was talking about. Secondly, the band, we know, is no longer with him. For Scott Stapp to have "come to the place" to write this album, it might mean that those people wronged him. Basically, he could be taking another shot.

Robert

lol ...Exactly the first thing I thought when I read that ... :rolleyes:

titan9
11-19-2005, 10:44 AM
I thought of that possibility as well. It's very possible, when you think about all that has been said/done. Hopefully he didn't do that for that reason. Hopefully it is a sign that he has really forgiven them, though I doubt that.

The Lithium
11-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah. Why don't we ask what the guys at PBF thinks?

A) Sarkasm - And Stapp is a smaller person than AB
B) Forgiveness - And Stapp is a bigger person than AB

Ana4Stapp
11-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah. Why don't we ask what the guys at PBF thinks?

A) Sarkasm - And Stapp is a smaller person than AB
B) Forgiveness - And Stapp is a bigger person than AB

Ah, Lith...really... dont you now the answer???? :rolleyes:

lol

Robin101
11-19-2005, 11:12 AM
I don't think it's sarcasm.

I've heard a few of his interviews and his asshole/arrogance persona only seem to surface when he's under pressure - I think he uses it as a defence mechanism to deflect the pressure and make himself look 'tough'.
He only seems to say stupid things in interviews when he's asked a confrontational question.

titan9
11-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Ah, Lith...really... dont you now the answer???? :rolleyes:

lol

Yeah, no doubt. Over there, they're all like "that's our guy" for thanking Tremo/the rest of the guys. :laugh:

Bridge of Clay
11-19-2005, 11:17 AM
it's when you're under pressure that you show your true character.

Robin101
11-19-2005, 11:21 AM

Mmmm.....maybe.

titan9
11-19-2005, 11:22 AM

I tend to disagree with that. When I'm under-pressure or someone is yelling at me, I tend to lash out in response. Does that make me a hot-head or an asshole? No, because 99% of the time, I'm a peaceful, nice person who maintains his composure. We're all human beings; we all make mistakes. I don't want how I act under-pressure to determine whether I'm nice or hot-headed.

The Lithium
11-19-2005, 11:30 AM
I don't think it's sarcasm.

I've heard a few of his interviews and his asshole/arrogance persona only seem to surface when he's under pressure - I think he uses it as a defence mechanism to deflect the pressure and make himself look 'tough'.
He only seems to say stupid things in interviews when he's asked a confrontational question.
Man, I LOOOVE your points! Welcome to the board! :D

I really don't have to speak my own opinions anymore! :D

I tend to disagree with that. When I'm under-pressure or someone is yelling at me, I tend to lash out in response. Does that make me a hot-head or an asshole? No, because 99% of the time, I'm a peaceful, nice person who maintains his composure. We're all human beings; we all make mistakes. I don't want how I act under-pressure to determine whether I'm nice or hot-headed.
Yes, that's true, but come on. You don't just make up stuff like "Mark is a fucking asshole" because someone is asking you question you're not comfortable with. If you do, you are a very unproffessionall person who sure shouldn't be making interviews about your past band Creed.

TeriB19
11-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Remember in the Rolling Stone interview, in the very beginning of the article this was written:

Mostly, Creed have used the barbs that come their way - from music critics, for example, and from people such a Fred Durst with whom they've had an extended feud - as inspiration. "They're just writing another song for us," Tremonti says.

I tend to look at Stapp's liner notes in that respect.

Steve
11-19-2005, 01:19 PM
^^ I agree, which could also insinuate then that some of the songs may have been directed towards the AB crew.

Torn Signs
11-19-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't really see a point in trying to judge his character either way with these words, as only he himself knows what he meant.

titan9
11-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Remember in the Rolling Stone interview, in the very beginning of the article this was written:

Mostly, Creed have used the barbs that come their way - from music critics, for example, and from people such a Fred Durst with whom they've had an extended feud - as inspiration. "They're just writing another song for us," Tremonti says.

I tend to look at Stapp's liner notes in that respect.

Great point. I'd just like to think that he would be a bit more mature than that, but who knows.

The Lithium
11-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't really see a point in trying to judge his character either way with these words, as only he himself knows what he meant.
This is a Scott Stapp forum... This is what we do...

GregS
11-19-2005, 08:20 PM
That comment in the booklet he has put on it... it could finallybe that Stapp has come to his sences and thought " hey.. creed's in the past now , i think i'll stop being an ass and get on with my new record ". That would be very cool if true but i dunno. It could be sarcastic.. i mean ,one minute he really hates his old bandmates , the next minute hes thanking them.. you can see aform of sarcasm but you just dont know with him these days.

Bridge of Clay
11-19-2005, 08:25 PM
This is a Scott Stapp forum... This is what we do...
LMAO!!!

Bridge of Clay
11-19-2005, 08:29 PM

nah, that's just your innerself awaiting the right time to take control over your wanna be persona. :D

LOL

(you do realize I'm just joking around)

metalanus
11-21-2005, 08:55 AM
I think stapp wrote it geunuinly because honestly if it wasnt for the guys and producer together making it big time then stapp would not be putting out a solo albulm

a scott stapp tour with alterbridge would be intresting but its not going to happen. it would be very awkward.

The Lithium
11-21-2005, 09:39 AM
No, it's NOT gonna happen! EVER!!!

GregS
11-21-2005, 10:02 AM
An AB tour with Stapp would just be hell on earth...

The Lithium
11-21-2005, 10:11 AM
it would be Creed reunited, but yet separated.

TeriB19
11-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Alright, let's all extinguish our crackpipes and turn up the music.

R U Ready?
01-09-2006, 09:53 PM
I think he is being genuine but he does of course have a history (as does Creed) of using feuds to write songs and it could be inspirations for his songs like Reach Out, Fight Song, and Hard Way. It could be sarcasm b/c the feud ended up having come to the place to write a solo album or he could just be thanking them and realizing whre his career originated and why he's famous in the first place.

nagpo
01-09-2006, 10:02 PM
i agree that his music is origional.

Tremontixriffs
01-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Alright, let's all extinguish our crackpipes and turn up the music.
Thats awesome...lol