Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott Stapp and MLB? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stapp and MLB?

titan9
11-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, I was over at PBF and just saw this:

----------------
Wind-up Records, Scott Stapp and MLB.com Announce "Best Records" Campaign to Run on November 17, 2005 Through January 15, 2006
November 7 2005
Exclusive performances will be offered on the MLB website, alongside a fly-away contest, audio / video streams, and pre-order campaign. The former Creed front man’s solo debut is titled The Great Divide and will be released on November 22nd.

New York --- Wind-up Records, Grammy Award winner Scott Stapp and Major League Baseball Advanced Media have announced that Scott Stapp’s solo debut The Great Divide will be featured as part of MLB.com’s “Best Records" campaign. The promotion will run on November 17 , 2005 through January 15, 2006. Stapp recently recorded an exclusive audio/video acoustic performance consisting of his new single and a second song from the debut at MLB.com’s unique, state of the art studios in New York City. The two songs will to be featured on MLB.com, the league site, alongside an interview with the musician. Additionally, a fly-away sweepstakes will be offered wherein a grand prize winner will be awarded the opportunity to select from a list of four U.S. cities and then travel to see Stapp on his upcoming The Great Divide 2006 spring tour.

Numerous songs from The Great Divide album will be featured on MLB.com. Any individual who visits MLB.com and or Scottstapp.mlb.com during the promotion period can access this material. Fans who pre-order the album on the site will be directed to a secure web page where access to five full-length streams from The Great Divide album can be located.

Scott Stapp has had a long relationship with Major League Baseball. Over the years, he has participated in numerous events, culminating with a performance of “God Bless America" at the 2004last year’s World Series. Stapp offered, “Last year I had the opportunity of singing at the fourth game of the World Series when the Boston Red Sox won the championship. That was an incredibly powerful experience for me and I am thrilled to continue my close relationship with Major League Baseball."

Wind-up Records Chief Operating Officer Ed Vetri commented, “Wind-up has always valued Major League Baseball and MLB.com as partners, and when presented with the roll out for Scott’s record there are few better ways to reach his fans. The opportunity to bring a musical element to their domain makes this a home run. MLB.com is one of the leaders in the new media space, and having Scott’s new album featured on mlb.com provides a winning combination for Scott Stapp, Major League Baseball and their millions of fans."

Dinn Mann, senior vice president and editor-in-chief of MLB Advanced Media Commented, "Baseball is close to Scott Stapp’s heart and we are delighted and pleased to support his long awaited and highly anticipated solo debut."
------------

I have to say, I think this is a good move on Wind-Up's part. There's definitely a connection between Stapp and MLB(the World Series last year, for instance) and this will give Stapp's album some good promotion on television. I honestly think that if WU wants the CD to be successful, they need to put Stapp and his music all over the place. Not just on MLB and Nascar, but also on other forms of entertainment, like the WWE(WWE have been known to use Creed/Alter Bridge songs, so it's a natural fit). Also, they definitely need to put him on late night TV and have him promote the album.

But does anyone else find it ironic that MLB has used both Stapp and AB in the past year? Stapp at the World Series, AB at the HR Derby; Mark at the blog part of MLB.com, Stapp with some exclusive online performances. It seems pretty funny, in a way. :laugh:

Creed7352
11-09-2005, 07:30 PM
i find it funny that ab presented windup with the idea of doing something for nascar...they give stapp that nascar awards show thing.

ab did the HR derby and mark has his mlb blog...stapp now has this mlb thing.

ab did the wwe thing...i hope they don't give stapp some wwe thing...otherwise it's fucked up in my opinion.

titan9
11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
You just about KNOW WU will give Stapp a WWE thing. WU probably knows Fight Song would be the perfect choice for a WWE PPV theme song and so does the WWE. I agree, it is pretty messed up, but I would not be shocked if I was watching Raw one week and saw "thanks to Scott Stapp for providing us with this awesome theme song for *insert PPV name*" Nothing about WU or Stapp surprises me anymore. I just find this whole thing to be pretty ironic.

Creed7352
11-09-2005, 07:45 PM
oh i agree...it wouldn't surprise me either...in fact, i was waiting for it...lol

titan9
11-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Hmm, well, WWE Survivor Series is Nov. 27th(ironically, it is in Detroit this year) and Stapp's album drops 5 days before.....so WWE could very well use Fight Song or another song(maybe Hard Way?) as the SS theme song. It wouldn't surprise me, as they used Shinedown's "Save Me" for their October PPV and Shinedown's CD had only come out maybe a week or two before that.

RMadd
11-09-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah, AB also did that Tracks that Rock or whatever on Sunday Night Baseball, I believe, back when OYE first came out.... or maybe it was a few months after? I don't remember when...

Bridge of Clay
11-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Stapp needs all the help he can get. SOAD's new album and the new XBOX 360 hit stores on the same day...

ETA: I mean that speaking of short term sales and immediate results. I'm thinking he'll climb later on charts.

RMadd
11-09-2005, 10:40 PM
i'm sure he'll be alright... i know i'm going to be getting both Stapp & SoaD on (or around) that day (Xbox 360 will prolly have to wait 'til it's cheaper)

titan9
11-09-2005, 11:01 PM
yeah, AB also did that Tracks that Rock or whatever on Sunday Night Baseball, I believe, back when OYE first came out.... or maybe it was a few months after? I don't remember when...

I believe they did that on Opening Night this season. ESPN's Baseball Tonight had a feature on them(talking about the Boston thing) and used OYE. Then, a few months later, OYE was performed live at the Derby. So there's a good connection between MLB and AB.

As for Stapp needing all the promotion he can get, I do agree. If WU wants this album to sell well despite competing with SOAD and the 360, he'll need a good amount of promotion. The Nascar and MLB things are a step in the right direction; however, I'd also like to see commercials aired on various network channels, as well as some appearances on late night television(Leno/Kimmel/Letterman) and maybe even an appearance morning show like Good Morning America, Today or Live With Regis. You know, he just needs to hit as many shows as possible and get the word out that he has a new CD coming out soon. If WU does that, I can see the album selling really well.

stappissohot
11-10-2005, 11:23 AM
from November 17 huh....that's my birthday! What a birthday present, lol.... I think this is good....MLB.com....ok then....and all of you need to stop whining for one second and get over it

Creed7352
11-10-2005, 12:02 PM
we're not whining and what is it we need to get over? we're just reporting our speculations.

Faceless_Man
11-10-2005, 07:35 PM
You are whining. You're upset/jealous b/c Stapp has promotion ties with MLB??? You think Falterbridge is the only band that can do this? I hope I never hear any of you AB fans say again that lack of promotion for AB's debut album caused a shortage in sales. lol. WWE? MLB? That's not promotion? Make all the excuses you want. Falterbridge didnt deliver. Stapp will. Talk to me again when the record sales for Stapp's debut are in. We'll compare that to AB's debut. But, I bet then there would be another excuse, right? And dont use the "p2p file sharing" excuse. Weathered was released while p2p was booming also. How did it do? Here's a formula for you to study and understand(pop quiz tomorrow)....

Stapp - Creed exiles + oppurtunity to go his own route w/o consultation = SUCCESS

Creed exiles - Stapp + Whiney Myles = Well, I don't know what you call it, but for now the answer will be "SUX"

RMadd
11-11-2005, 12:05 AM
I actually reviewed Creed7352's posts, and it doesn't appear to be whining to me. he/she was merely pointing out the common bond that AB & Stapp now possess in getting airtime thru MLB. I'd say you're reading into it a bit too much Faceless_Man.
Weathered was largely negatively reviewed, so I can only guess that so many people bought it b/c they loved HC and were expecting much of the same. After all, something like 1 million bought it in the first month or so... then only 5 million thereafter.
Likewise, I think someone's a bit pissy, has a chip on his shoulder, and is looking to stir up shit intentionally. 2 posts from 2 new members using the term "Falterbridge" after never having heard it on here previously... are you guys from PBF, or what?

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Well, I was over at PBF and just saw this:

----------------
Wind-up Records, Scott Stapp and MLB.com Announce "Best Records" Campaign to Run on November 17, 2005 Through January 15, 2006
November 7 2005
Exclusive performances will be offered on the MLB website, alongside a fly-away contest, audio / video streams, and pre-order campaign. The former Creed front man’s solo debut is titled The Great Divide and will be released on November 22nd.

New York --- Wind-up Records, Grammy Award winner Scott Stapp and Major League Baseball Advanced Media have announced that Scott Stapp’s solo debut The Great Divide will be featured as part of MLB.com’s “Best Records" campaign. The promotion will run on November 17 , 2005 through January 15, 2006. Stapp recently recorded an exclusive audio/video acoustic performance consisting of his new single and a second song from the debut at MLB.com’s unique, state of the art studios in New York City. The two songs will to be featured on MLB.com, the league site, alongside an interview with the musician. Additionally, a fly-away sweepstakes will be offered wherein a grand prize winner will be awarded the opportunity to select from a list of four U.S. cities and then travel to see Stapp on his upcoming The Great Divide 2006 spring tour.

Numerous songs from The Great Divide album will be featured on MLB.com. Any individual who visits MLB.com and or Scottstapp.mlb.com during the promotion period can access this material. Fans who pre-order the album on the site will be directed to a secure web page where access to five full-length streams from The Great Divide album can be located.

Scott Stapp has had a long relationship with Major League Baseball. Over the years, he has participated in numerous events, culminating with a performance of “God Bless America" at the 2004last year’s World Series. Stapp offered, “Last year I had the opportunity of singing at the fourth game of the World Series when the Boston Red Sox won the championship. That was an incredibly powerful experience for me and I am thrilled to continue my close relationship with Major League Baseball."

Wind-up Records Chief Operating Officer Ed Vetri commented, “Wind-up has always valued Major League Baseball and MLB.com as partners, and when presented with the roll out for Scott’s record there are few better ways to reach his fans. The opportunity to bring a musical element to their domain makes this a home run. MLB.com is one of the leaders in the new media space, and having Scott’s new album featured on mlb.com provides a winning combination for Scott Stapp, Major League Baseball and their millions of fans."

Dinn Mann, senior vice president and editor-in-chief of MLB Advanced Media Commented, "Baseball is close to Scott Stapp’s heart and we are delighted and pleased to support his long awaited and highly anticipated solo debut."
------------

I have to say, I think this is a good move on Wind-Up's part. There's definitely a connection between Stapp and MLB(the World Series last year, for instance) and this will give Stapp's album some good promotion on television. I honestly think that if WU wants the CD to be successful, they need to put Stapp and his music all over the place. Not just on MLB and Nascar, but also on other forms of entertainment, like the WWE(WWE have been known to use Creed/Alter Bridge songs, so it's a natural fit). Also, they definitely need to put him on late night TV and have him promote the album.

But does anyone else find it ironic that MLB has used both Stapp and AB in the past year? Stapp at the World Series, AB at the HR Derby; Mark at the blog part of MLB.com, Stapp with some exclusive online performances. It seems pretty funny, in a way. :laugh:

Maybe they just like the guys from Creed. :) Anyway, I think this great and will work out well for everyone.

Creed7352
11-11-2005, 01:46 AM
stapp's sticking to radio safe songs...ab didn't. they wrote what came out and what they enjoy playing. one or two of their songs may sound like they're radio safe, but that's cause they didn't want to alienate the creed fans. the next album will be much better because it'll be a representation of alter bridge as a collective as opposed to mark having most of, if not all, the songs already written before myles and brian joined up with him and flip.

thank you rmadd.

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 01:55 AM
You are whining. You're upset/jealous b/c Stapp has promotion ties with MLB??? You think Falterbridge is the only band that can do this? I hope I never hear any of you AB fans say again that lack of promotion for AB's debut album caused a shortage in sales. lol. WWE? MLB? That's not promotion? Make all the excuses you want. Falterbridge didnt deliver. Stapp will. Talk to me again when the record sales for Stapp's debut are in. We'll compare that to AB's debut. But, I bet then there would be another excuse, right? And dont use the "p2p file sharing" excuse. Weathered was released while p2p was booming also. How did it do? Here's a formula for you to study and understand(pop quiz tomorrow)....

Stapp - Creed exiles + oppurtunity to go his own route w/o consultation = SUCCESS

Creed exiles - Stapp + Whiney Myles = Well, I don't know what you call it, but for now the answer will be "SUX"
I have found a new best friend *bows down to you* EXACTLY my point, thank you! Lol....Scott Stapp=10 times better than AB and you all know it, just you all wait....just you wait....Stapp fans will get the last laugh, all you AB fans go back to the Alter Bridge forum.... Stapp fans only here, and YES you all ARE whining, go back and reread your posts

Creed7352
11-11-2005, 02:00 AM
I have found a new best friend *bows down to you* EXACTLY my point, thank you! Lol....Scott Stapp=10 times better than AB and you all know it, just you all wait....just you wait....Stapp fans will get the last laugh, all you AB fans go back to the Alter Bridge forum.... Stapp fans only here, and YES you all ARE whining, go back and reread your posts

it's possible to like them both you know...it's this narrow-minded thinking of stapp fans that i see all too often.

besides, you're like 15, you don't know anything yet as you have not experienced these things called life and the world. come back when you've matured.

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 02:13 AM
Oh boy haven't I gotten that, I have no problem with AB, I am a die-hard Stapp fan, unlike AB who choose to do nothing more than be stappless creed, Scott Stapp has branched out to new music and new ideas.... Scott Stapp has chosen to do more than just be creed, he's chosen a whole new him, and THAT'S what makes a great musician, that is what makes a legend, that is what makes Scott Stapp

RMadd
11-11-2005, 02:14 AM
ditto, Creed7352.... people think it's some competition between the two for who will sell more albums. i think the only reason i may've written stapp off back a year or so ago was that he appeared to be having difficulties getting his personal life in order. however, as of late, i'm much more encouraged by what he's been doing. he sounds healthier, for sure. i think both sides have been wrong to attack each other, whether in interviews or song lyrics (as some people allege, on both sides). I loved Creed (that's why I've been here since '03, and have been a fan since '99). I think Stapp, Tru, Flip, and even Brian were integral parts to that entity and, no matter how much anyone thinks one way or the other, no one will be able to replicate what they did from '97-'04. people loved 'em, or loved to hate 'em. but i think most of us are in the former camp, so why can't we all get along anymore?

RMadd
11-11-2005, 02:18 AM
also, i see why there might exist a natural space for comparison, being as how the two new groups were, more or less, formerly one. but why must we compare both on every friggin' thing? seriously. it seems they're taking two different approaches to the music they're wanting to make. whereas Tru has expressed his desire to inject alternative metal with some wicked shredding, Stapp, at least lyrically and stylistically, remains much the same from his heyday with Creed. so let's have our chocolate cake and eat it too. enough of this incessant bickering over which entity is superior, etc., etc., etc.

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 02:23 AM
Why the constant fighting? It's just like Pearl Jam fans and Creed fans! There will ALWAYS be this rivalry, ALWAYS, whether or not a few people like you say stop fighting this will go on, because some will stay true to AB and others will stay true to Scott Stapp, Creed was asking for it when they broke up.....now they got it, fans turned against each other, one of the many things that happen when bands split up *shakes head* way of the world...

Creed7352
11-11-2005, 02:25 AM
i disagree...alter bridge is less creed sounding that stapp..and stapp has NOT moved on as his interviews indicate with such statements as, "this is essentially creed album 4 with different backing musicians." sorry.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 02:27 AM
also, i see why there might exist a natural space for comparison, being as how the two new groups were, more or less, formerly one. but why must we compare both on every friggin' thing? seriously. it seems they're taking two different approaches to the music they're wanting to make. whereas Tru has expressed his desire to inject alternative metal with some wicked shredding, Stapp, at least lyrically and stylistically, remains much the same from his heyday with Creed. so let's have our chocolate cake and eat it too. enough of this incessant bickering over which entity is superior, etc., etc., etc.
Agreed. Even though I like AB, I like some of the Stapp songs, and I'd still pay money to see him live. We can like both equally, prefer one over the other, or not like either one. It doesn't mean one is better than the other.

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 02:28 AM
When did he say that? And I have heard every Alter Bridge song, only difference is the lead singer cant sing for crap... Scott Stapp has branched out.... his songs sound softer and less head banging, I respect him deeply for his efforts, especially with people like you....

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 02:30 AM
When did he say that? And I have heard every Alter Bridge song, only difference is the lead singer cant sing for crap... Scott Stapp has branched out.... his songs sound softer and less head banging, I respect him deeply for his efforts, especially with people like you....
There is only one song that sounds as if Scott Stapp has branched out, and that is Justify, and maybe Broken. Ok, so two. Other than that, the rest of the songs are fairly formulaic and safe. If there were more songs like Justify, I might actually buy this album.

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 02:38 AM
I don't need YOU to buy his album I already have most of Modesto, California working on that my friend, and this weekend I'll branch out to Turlock, and maybe go into Manteca....but I still say I don't need people on the internet buying his album, me and The Stapp Fans United club which I founded can do just fine....our website is http://freewebs.com/stappfansunited and our forum which is a little empty right now is http://s14.invisionfree.com/Stappfansunited so there..... I made both sites myself.... *shakes head* what a waste of my time, only 870 hits....unlike my Raven Symone site which is getting over 1500, but my Stapp site is on google.....

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 02:40 AM
I don't need YOU to buy his album I already have most of Modesto, California working on that my friend, and this weekend I'll branch out to Turlock, and maybe go into Manteca....but I still say I don't need people on the internet buying his album, me and The Stapp Fans United club which I founded can do just fine....our website is http://freewebs.com/stappfansunited and our forum which is a little empty right now is http://s14.invisionfree.com/Stappfansunited so there..... I made both sites myself.... *shakes head* what a waste of my time, only 870 hits....unlike my Raven Symone site which is getting over 1500, but my Stapp site is on google.....
I don't give a crap whether you think you don't need ME to buy this album...How 'bout chilling out just a little, mkay? :rolleyes:

Creed7352
11-11-2005, 02:42 AM

LOL

you're right, YOU don't need them to buy it, STAPP does...lol that's some backwards ass thinking btw..you think your friends have it all covered? wow.

stapp said that a few weeks ago at one of his acoustic promo stops.

you're uneducated in singing if you think myles can't sing for crap. you may not like it, but the man can sing. stapp can't hold a note to him in strength, sustain, stamina, etc...

i assume you haven't heard the whole album yet if you think stapp has gone softer and there is no head banging...got news for ya, the first 4 or 5 tracks are quite the opposite of soft.

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Ok, let's all just stop fighting.... I avoid conflict, I was already jumped this year I do not need any more bruises and cuts.... long story....how about we all are just polite....yeah hard thing to say and even harder to say in Modesto *shakes head* so sad but true, we're divided here in Modesto as well....red and blue, wear either color you get shot.... so this topic was about Scott Stapp and MLB....but I think he's entitled to be signed with them....he sang God Bless America 10/27/04 (I think 04, I don't watch sports..)

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 02:46 AM
LOL

you're right, YOU don't need them to buy it, STAPP does...lol that's some backwards ass thinking btw..you think your friends have it all covered? wow.

stapp said that a few weeks ago at one of his acoustic promo stops.

you're uneducated in singing if you think myles can't sing for crap. you may not like it, but the man can sing. stapp can't hold a note to him in strength, sustain, stamina, etc...

i assume you haven't heard the whole album yet if you think stapp has gone softer and there is no head banging...got news for ya, the first 4 or 5 tracks are quite the opposite of soft.
I haven't heard the whole album no....Fight Song, Sublime, The Great Divide, Surround Me, and Justify are all I've heard, please kindly tell me where and I'll be glad to hear them....

Creed7352
11-11-2005, 02:49 AM
well...the link has expired by now...i'd have to reupload. which i won't do now because i'm going to bed. it's late and i work early.

Faceless_Man
11-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I dont have a "chip on my shoulder" and I'm not trying to stir up fights. My posts are in response to peeps that try to praise AB and criticize Stapp with ridiculous reasoning. Sure, Myles can sing, but he doesnt fit with the Creed-exiles sound IMO. And enough comparing his vocals to those of Robert Plant, Ozzy, etc. It's insulting to hear some of you compare his vocal talent to those "greats". You should be ashamed..

Bridge of Clay
11-12-2005, 01:39 PM
I dont have a "chip on my shoulder" and I'm not trying to stir up fights. My posts are in response to peeps that try to praise AB and criticize Stapp with ridiculous reasoning. Sure, Myles can sing, but he doesnt fit with the Creed-exiles sound IMO. And enough comparing his vocals to those of Robert Plant, Ozzy, etc. It's insulting to hear some of you compare his vocal talent to those "greats". You should be ashamed..
point me the ridiculous reasoning... the only ridiculous reasoning I see on this board are on your posts... and on stappissohot's as well.

InMyOwnMisery
11-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Every song on ODR could be on the radio except "In the End". You don't know what you're listening to.

titan9
11-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Are you actually saying that a song like "Metalingus" could be on the radio? Are you serious? It's a bit too hard for "Rock" radio, and no way would it ever be played on pop radio like Creed was. I'm an equal fan of AB, Stapp and Creed, but when I hear comments like this, I have to pop in and say something. :rolleyes:

Faceless_Man
11-13-2005, 12:19 PM
point me the ridiculous reasoning... the only ridiculous reasoning I see on this board are on your posts... and on stappissohot's as well.

Nice comeback.

You're sold out, man. No hope for you. Go listen to AB.

When I say ridiculous reasoning for criticizing Stapp, here are a few things I'm referring to:

1) You say his voice sounds terrible nowadays - You must be listening to another album, cuz it sure aint Stapp. This guy has one of the best voices in Rock. The only reason you guys say this is b/c you compare him to MK, who can hit much higher notes, but is in no way a better rock singer. Show me the "Guide to being the BEST Rock singer". Is it out in paperback yet? You should have enough sense to know that vocalists have different styles, brainiac. You guys act like complete morons when you go on comparing singers. I mean, you compare MK to the likes of Robert Plant??? What the hell? That right there rules out any credibility you guys have.

2)You criticize him for his "ego". Scott is charismatic and the ideal frontman. His rock poses are almost trademark. I see nothing wrong with the man having an ego. He's earned it. Half the reason you guys say this is b/c he's not afraid to tell someone off, or speak his mind when he feels. He responds to constant criticism from the media, ex-fans, teenagers on unorganizeed forums like this one, etc. What I like about the guy is that he doesnt give a flying sh*t what any of you think that have something negative to say....and you can't stand it. That's where you try to make it safe and say that HE has the problem. Get over yourselves. You havent been through what he has, or accomplished what he has. Worry about your own egos.

I can list more if you want.

Bridge of Clay
11-13-2005, 12:46 PM
This has nothing to do with Myles x Stapp. It's like comparing apples and oranges. If there's someone to compare Stapp, it's Eddie Vedder. Both are barithones.

Actually, Myles was greatly influenced by Robert Plant, Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley, but I've never compared him to them myself.

As for Stapp having the best voice in rock, I've already said a ton of times I like barithones better than tenors. I don't know why you insist with childish statements...

What I do say is Stapp's voice was great back in the day but ever since the late Human Clay tour, it's gone downhill. Mainly for not knowing how to take care of his voice and for not being a trained singer. It's that simple. Now he can barely hold notes for as long as he used to and he can't sing in a higher range without screaming.

This is a fact, not an opinion.

As for your point #2, so you're saying teenagers can't be a fan of his? How about his former fans? I'm sure there's a plausable reason for them disliking Stapp now, coz it's hard to change a fan's opinion. I think you make too much drama for not admiting people can have opinions different than yours... and yet, your 2 reasons are too weak. Do you have better ones???

And again, criticizing the board and how it's run... the door is open for you to leave just like it was open for you to join the community. There's no harm in leaving, just be careful and don't let the door hit your ass.

"Go listen to AB" - my pleasure! :)

Steve
11-13-2005, 01:03 PM
1) You say his voice sounds terrible nowadays - You must be listening to another album, cuz it sure aint Stapp.

For me personally, I'm not criticizing Stapp's voice on the album. Anyone can be made to sound great on an album - it's called digital editing. My concern is his live performances. Just wait for the tour to start, then we'll discuss his voice again. :)

adparaiki
11-15-2005, 08:56 AM
I actually reviewed Creed7352's posts, and it doesn't appear to be whining to me. he/she was merely pointing out the common bond that AB & Stapp now possess in getting airtime thru MLB. I'd say you're reading into it a bit too much Faceless_Man.
Weathered was largely negatively reviewed, so I can only guess that so many people bought it b/c they loved HC and were expecting much of the same. After all, something like 1 million bought it in the first month or so... then only 5 million thereafter.
Likewise, I think someone's a bit pissy, has a chip on his shoulder, and is looking to stir up shit intentionally. 2 posts from 2 new members using the term "Falterbridge" after never having heard it on here previously... are you guys from PBF, or what?

Creed have sold well over 34 million albums from their 3 albums. They were the most successful band in the world for 8 years.

The RIAA just stopped reporting on each album's sales and just gave the total of the three. Human Clay sold well over 11 Million copies (which was the last count from the RIAA) individually by now.

So we can guess that MOP sold 8 Million, Human Clay Sold 14 and Weathered Sold 12 ok. Which equal 34 million.

:D

adparaiki
11-15-2005, 08:58 AM
it's possible to like them both you know...it's this narrow-minded thinking of stapp fans that i see all too often.

besides, you're like 15, you don't know anything yet as you have not experienced these things called life and the world. come back when you've matured.

I love them both for different reasons but I loved Creed just a bit more than Scott Stapp or Alter Bridge.

So I am still hoping for a reunion or please a last goodbye tour.

there's always hope!