Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
s i g n s [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : s i g n s

Bridge of Clay
09-29-2002, 11:27 PM
wow!!!
did you like it?

It opened only last 20th here, so itīs kinda late to post a thread about this movie for you...
itīs so cool!
And when they show that kids from Passo Fundo (thatīs a really really small country city - itīs amazing the writer knew about it)that see the alien for the first time, for those who woud like to know what theyīre saying: "over there, over there, Iīm seeing him - behind the garage, there!" - this kinda of stuff...
I just didnīt get why the brother spoke to them in Spanish (vamo-nos, vamo-nos) but thatīs ok... I got a good laugh...

Anyway, that signs... itīs kinda based on real signs (not from aliens, though) ?

faceless kiwi
09-30-2002, 12:30 AM
Yeah i saw it, pretty good movie.

The ending kinda ruined it though. The movie gets ya more interested as it goes on, but then the ending, i thought it was a little lame.

But they should of played creed during the movie at some stage.
I mean come on, signs.

GoodGodGirl23
09-30-2002, 12:49 AM
I neva saw it, but I heard it was supposed to be good...:dunno:

hayley
09-30-2002, 02:56 AM
yeah i never saw it either, but i probably will when it comes out on video.

jango
09-30-2002, 12:37 PM
I loved the movie, aside from a few errors in directing...

It wasn't scary, as it was made out to be, it was just creepy.

A few rules when directing a picture such as "Signs," NEVER reveal the entire villain. The beginning silhouette was okay, but the ending was ridiculous. Too much info.

***Spoilers***

I find it hard to believe that an alien race prone to water would come to a planet covered in 75% good ol' fashioned H2 the O. For a superior race, they aren't demonstrating it.

We've come to expect some pretty weird endings from Shyamalan (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable) but this one seemed a bit too cliche and predictable.

However, the movie rocks and you should definitely see it if you haven't. Aside from those... tidbits.

Dogstar
09-30-2002, 12:41 PM
I missed Signs, too. Will have to wait for the video.

Bridge of Clay
09-30-2002, 01:35 PM
yeah, I thought they should have played Creed too!

the ending was more than predictable, but at least it has an ending... :)
I liked it anyway, and I wanna see it again

CollectiveSoul
09-30-2002, 04:25 PM
I didnt liek when they showed the alien but my family disagrees

Weathered
09-30-2002, 05:32 PM
ALIENS KICK ASS ...steve u should get a litle alien smilie...but anywho the movie kicked alot of ass until the end

faceless kiwi
09-30-2002, 05:33 PM
I didnt either. That was the only bad part of the movie, the ending, and it ruined it.

hayley
09-30-2002, 05:57 PM
yeah it would have done..i hate slack endings.

TeriB19
09-30-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I missed Signs, too. Will have to wait for the video. Me too. (as usual) I have a "to see on video" list a mile long.

faceless kiwi
09-30-2002, 11:01 PM
Well Teri, I'll come back to this tread in a couple of years time and see what ya thought of the movie

TeriB19
09-30-2002, 11:02 PM
LOL! No, Mel Gibson is the star, come back the week it comes out on video. I'll give you my review them.;)

faceless kiwi
09-30-2002, 11:51 PM
well i'll brace myself til then Teri.

I'm mostly like you as well. I dont see most things til they come out on video. The last couple of months is the most i've been to the movies ever really.

Lately i've seen:

Mr Deeds
Signs
Goldmember (austin powers)

Dogstar
10-01-2002, 01:07 AM
I love the Austin Powers flicks. So silly and goofy. Good fun.

faceless kiwi
10-01-2002, 04:55 PM
Yeah they're good.
I think the 2nd 1 is still the funniest

Dogstar
10-01-2002, 05:39 PM
Me, too. When my sister and her boys came to visit me, we rented the first and second ones before going to see the third one. I think we were doing Austin Powers lines for three days. It was a hoot.