Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The next singles... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The next singles...

cariocawlad
11-07-2005, 07:57 AM
What songs you think would be the right choose for the next singles? In My opinion:

1. Surround Me
2. Fight Song
3. Broken

Tell me all your thoughs!!

Peace.

RoffeDH
11-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Surround me defenetly!

metalanus
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
what about justify

titan9
11-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I honestly don't think that Justify would do good on the radio. I mean, it is an awesome song, but I don't think it is radio friendly. I think "Hard Way", "Surround Me" and "Broken" would be good choices for singles. Possibly "Fight Song" as well.

Dogstar
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Radio friendly = :vomit: I'm tired of radio-friendly. How 'bout some variety? I would pick Justify as well.

titan9
11-07-2005, 02:05 PM
I know, I know, but I'm thinking of the business-side of it as well. :laugh: And I don't think "Justify" would make Screw-Up that much money. However, it would please fans like you and I. :D

HuMaN~ClAy
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Yea, i agree with titan9... even though Justify is my favorite song off the album, i don't think it'll be so hott on radio haha... but definitely Surround Me... probably Hard Way for a hravier track, and then You Will Soar... I think Broken is a little much for radio

Ana4Stapp
11-07-2005, 02:55 PM
They are:

1-Surround Me,
2-Broken

But Id like to see also Justify and Fight Song... ;)

Dogstar
11-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Broken would sound cool in a movie or something.

GregS
11-07-2005, 06:53 PM
I can see Fight song , Surround me & broken getting released.. All great songs :D

Faceless_Man
11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
I could see "Surround Me" coming next.

I've seen several opinions that ppl think "Justify" doesnt have the sound of a(radio'd) single, but I disagree. It's something fresh.

Dogstar
11-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Radio doesn't like fresh; it likes rehash. It's homogenous.

ItalianAB
11-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Probably Surround Me or Justify, but I love Reach Out... it's very heavy!!!

titan9
11-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Radio doesn't like fresh; it likes rehash. It's homogenous.

Tru dat. :D As much as I'd love to see "Justify"(an awesome song) become a big hit, I just don't see it fairing well on radio.

Robin101
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I think Stapp will probably release 3 songs. I will be very surprised if he releases more than that with a ten-track album.

I would like to see Justify released, too. He has to show variety with his singles. It's a very different song for him and may attract new fans.

I think Surround Me will be the next release. I love the song, but it's too similar to TGD. After that I expect it will be Broken.

TGD, Justify and Broken would be my 3 choices.

Don't be surprised if Sublime is released, though. A radio-friendly song with a Stapp-friendly video guaranteed. Just listen to the music - lots of those infamous poses he likes to do!

Take Care

titan9
11-13-2005, 06:25 PM
My prediction for singles:

2nd single: Hard Way
3rd single(w/video): Surround Me(I see this doing incredibly well on radio)
4th single: Either Reach Out or Fight Song

I think it's almost guaranteed that he'll release four singles.

facelessmike
11-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Even though I'd rather see Justify, I agree it will probably be Hard Way for a harder single. Of course, Suround Me will be huge. After that...who knows?

titan9
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
I think, after that, another hard song is the best choice. I think they need to establish that Stapp is not a pop artist; he is a rock artist. Thus, they should make sure that some of his harder songs are released, as well as a ballad or two. If they choose to release another ballad after Surround Me, they'd probably be best off going with a song like Sublime or You Will Soar(I love that song!). I honestly don't think that Broken fits the single mold.

piecesoftrees
11-14-2005, 01:01 PM
I haven't heard much of the album (4 songs, snippets, and one half download), but I think if marketed right and if it had a great video then 'Broken' could be a huge hit.

It's kind of like 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera, only with a bit of actual soul to it. I think it could be huge.

Also 'Surround Me', but that would be 2 ballads, I can't see them doing that. If they were going to pick a ballad I believe they would choose 'Surround Me'. It's just got a great pop-song vibe to it, whereas 'Broken' has that pure emotion to it.

Not so much over here in England but in America, it seems to me you go for ernest emotional rock music, and it could go either way for a ballad.

As for a rocker...perhaps 'Fight Song', from what I've heard.

Steve.

adparaiki
11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I haven't heard much of the album (4 songs, snippets, and one half download), but I think if marketed right and if it had a great video then 'Broken' could be a huge hit.

It's kind of like 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera, only with a bit of actual soul to it. I think it could be huge.

Also 'Surround Me', but that would be 2 ballads, I can't see them doing that. If they were going to pick a ballad I believe they would choose 'Surround Me'. It's just got a great pop-song vibe to it, whereas 'Broken' has that pure emotion to it.

Not so much over here in England but in America, it seems to me you go for ernest emotional rock music, and it could go either way for a ballad.

As for a rocker...perhaps 'Fight Song', from what I've heard.

Steve.

I love Broken don't compare it to anything to anything else its just so original.
It is definately grammy material and number 1 hit single material- also the uk would like it alot (just trust me on that) and maybe help Scott to build more of a fan base in other arears of the world.

I really hope the next 2 singles are definately broken (but please make this the last one please) and surround me I just love this.

Also broken could become a theme tune to some sort of charity event like live Aid or something big like that. I joined the eteam and i have repeated the sample a thousand times over lol.

I love it so much.
It has a great emotion to it the way Scott sings it it really emphasises the lyrics and the meaning, in the way he always does so well.

any way I can't wait to listen to the full album I love it so far.

Thanks Scott Stapp for an awesome album (so far) I am sure the rest will be awesome.

Robin101
11-15-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm not too sure if Stapp's music would 'get over' it in the U.K. Broken....maybe.

With Arms Wide Open was available for selection on The Box when it was released and didn't catch on. If there was one Creed song that would have been popular in this country that would have been it.

I mean, look at our singles/album charts of late - Westlife No.1 again! The U.K is still predominantly Pop/RnB.

He just doesn't get enough exposure in this country because radio has to cater for 'the majority' in order to attract listeners. It's a shame.

Take Care

Bridge of Clay
11-15-2005, 10:11 AM
I love Broken don't compare it to anything to anything else its just so original.

No, it's not. It's just like any other church music around...

Don't get me wrong, I liked Broken very much, but it's so far away from "original"...

piecesoftrees
11-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm not too sure if Stapp's music would 'get over' it in the U.K. Broken....maybe.

With Arms Wide Open was available for selection on The Box when it was released and didn't catch on. If there was one Creed song that would have been popular in this country that would have been it.

I mean, look at our singles/album charts of late - Westlife No.1 again! The U.K is still predominantly Pop/RnB.

He just doesn't get enough exposure in this country because radio has to cater for 'the majority' in order to attract listeners. It's a shame.

Take Care

I really don't think it'd catch on in the UK either. It's not 'simple' enough. It wouldn't appeal to young girls so therefore it wouldn't really.

Like you say, Westlife...we just can't win...

'My Sacrifice' was on the Kerrang! metal and rock video channel for about 6-12 months being shown on selection, and I did actually buy Weathered in WH Smith (for those who don't know, a mainstream seller or CD's, DVD's but mainly books and magazines). And over here Creed are NOT mainstream.

I think they were trying to sell Creed while Linkin Park and Papa Roach were selling loads over here. Didn't work though. In a way I'm glad. I've read many reviews saying 'Nu-metal band Creed...' in the UK, because of that.

Anyway, I believe My Sacrifice made number 17 but don't hold me to it.

Bridge Of Clay, I agree. It's not original, but it's a very good quality song with a lot of potential and I like it a lot.

Unforgiven Fan
11-15-2005, 02:17 PM
all this talk seems to hinder on wheather stapp becomes something that corprate radio wants to play...and from what I have seen they do not like him that much. The only way Stapp can be played on the radio is if he has a following. Another problem is radio format, some songs might do well for rock radio but who knows if rock radio wants to play stapp...Stapp I beleive can only appeal to the pop charts which is mostly a career ender for artist who want to appeal to harder rock...

titan9
11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
At least in my area, the stations seem to be quite willing to play Stapp, Creed and AB(to a certain extent). I still think Stapp is marketable, for the simple fact that he was the lead vocalist for Creed, a huge band. Pop radio is always looking for new rock songs to play to death(see Evanescence, Hoobastank, Creed, 3DD, Nickelback etc.) and Stapp's first single comes at a time when they need a new song to play over and over again. That's why I think TGD will get good airplay. Obviously, it wouldn't be on VH1's top 20 countdown(and rising up the charts) if stations weren't playing it. You're right, though, it does hinge on who will be willing to play Stapp. But I have a feeling a lot of stations will be.