Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Album Cover and Track List [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Album Cover and Track List

HuMaN~ClAy
10-25-2005, 11:26 PM
well, here's the album cover.... mass hated "Stapp Pose" and all! lol... i dunno y this pisses people off haha, i love it!

got this all sent to me from the scott stapp e-news letter...

here's the track list;
1. Reach Out
2. Fight Song
3. Hard Way
4. Justify
5. Let Me Go
6. Surround Me
7. The Great Divide
8. Sublime
9. You Will Soar
10. Broken

only 10 songs :( ... i thought people were saying it was going to be much longer... oh well, i'll still be buying it haha.

Rocketqueen
10-25-2005, 11:39 PM
thank you stop bitching 10 songs is just as good as 16 Justify :) is a fave :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

The Lithium
10-26-2005, 08:28 AM
It's funny, 'cause in another thread I guessed that the album would feature about 10 tracks, and NOT more than 11!! I mean, it has taken him forever to write these songs without Mark and Flip, which means it problably was pretty hard for him. And took him a long time. That's why I thought the album wouldn't feature that many songs. Someone else said about that he had heard something about 12. I guess I was right! :D

Rocketqueen
10-26-2005, 09:59 AM
well yes :D but im damn sure really damn sure that it may have took longer with out the other too there and lets not forget it took alot of time as well for other reasons and damn i think considering it all went by fast :jam: :jam: This Album Is Going Kick Ass Harder :D than i wish to kick yours :D

Rocketqueen
10-26-2005, 10:00 AM
and considering that A LOT MuheHAHA

titan9
10-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Hmm, interesting track titles. The Fight Song? Isn't that a Sanctus Real track? Let Me Go? Sounds like 3 Doors Down. :laugh: But seriously, as long as the 10 tracks he has on there are good(and I already know that 2 of them are at least decent/good), I don't mind that there are only 10 songs on there. Afterall, Big Dismal's debut CD only had 10 and it was pretty good, imo. It's the quality that counts, not the quantity.

ctfan
10-26-2005, 10:27 AM
I mean, it has taken him forever to write these songs without Mark and Flip, which means it problably was pretty hard for him. And took him a long time.

Wow, you really like to toot your own horn dontcha??

And you know all of this how?? Just a wild guess on your part, or did Stapp tell you all that personally??

Doesn't matter to me how many tracks are on the cd. I'm gonna enjoy it! :D

Rocketqueen
10-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Hmm, interesting track titles. The Fight Song? Isn't that a Sanctus Real track? Let Me Go? Sounds like 3 Doors Down. :laugh: But seriously, as long as the 10 tracks he has on there are good(and I already know that 2 of them are at least decent/good), I don't mind that there are only 10 songs on there. Afterall, Big Dismal's debut CD only had 10 and it was pretty good, imo. It's the quality that counts, not the quantity.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA :roll: ya know what i forgot about 3 doors down title to let me go untill you reminded me HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA its a sight im sure is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than that Let Me Go :D :jam: :jam: HAAAAA its more Like The Real Version 3 doors down is like so genaric to what stappys will be

Creed7352
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
thank you stop bitching 10 songs is just as good as 16 Justify :) is a fave :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

wow...he's not bitching..just expressing that he was hoping for more..i was hoping for more too. i do with every artist. why? cause i like their music and want more. no reason to be a dick about it. :D

HuMaN~ClAy
10-26-2005, 12:49 PM
well.. Rocketqueen and ctfan... seems like you 2 have a little pent up rage...

Rocketqueen i dunno why you've just been lashing out, i don't see how I could have offended you in any way :S... and ctfan, lith' wasn't tooting anyones horn... he just stated a logical fact that 3 can write faster than one...

but anyway... this album cover and track list really has me pumped for stapp... i was kinda gettin bored, but it's great to see he's on top of his game

bobben
10-26-2005, 01:14 PM
If all the songs are over 4 minutes long then I'm happy... A 50 minute long album in total is more than enough! ODR is 55 so...

Creed7352
10-26-2005, 01:27 PM
yeah, short albums suck...i.e. 45 minute albums a la default...lol

HuMaN~ClAy
10-26-2005, 01:52 PM
hahaha that's true... with creed/alter bridge and i'm hopeing stapp 10/11 songs would be more like 14 songs from another band... that's why all these guys kick ass haha, no standard 3:30 min songs!

RoffeDH
10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Damn! Why does he do the album cover just like popstars! Don't like when people are on the frontpage of their CDs, then the face sells, not the music

The Lithium
10-26-2005, 02:19 PM
yeah, short albums suck...i.e. 45 minute albums a la default...lol
Nickelback's third album "Silver Side Up" is just like 40 minutes. Only 10 songs long. Really good album, though! I can't understand why they didn't put the song Slow Motion on there, 'cause the song was recorded. But they waited with that release until The Punisher soundtrack arrived.

tremonti4life04
10-26-2005, 07:37 PM
only 10 songs :( ... i thought people were saying it was going to be much longer... oh well, i'll still be buying it haha.

6 more songs would have taken him 12 more years...

Agent D
10-26-2005, 08:09 PM
The cover is horrible. The photo on his site is much, much better.

Dogstar
10-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Damn! Why does he do the album cover just like popstars! Don't like when people are on the frontpage of their CDs, then the face sells, not the music
Well, at least it's a profile, sort of :D...

Dogstar
10-26-2005, 09:05 PM
6 more songs would have taken him 12 more years...
:laugh: Seriously, though, I'd rather have 10 quality/shorter songs than an overdone, bloated 16-song album that bores me.

Mrprophetman
10-26-2005, 09:42 PM

My guess would be that any person producing their first solo CD or a band producing their first CD would probably want their picture on the cover. Maybe that's where Alter Bridge messed up. Is their picture even on their CD? Maybe its on the back, but I wouldn't know I've never checked it out.

Pop stars do full on head shots. The Great Divide cover is nothing like that. If you didn't already know who he was, you certainly wouldn't be able to identify him from that picture.

Mrprophetman
10-26-2005, 09:47 PM
It's funny, 'cause in another thread I guessed that the album would feature about 10 tracks, and NOT more than 11!! I mean, it has taken him forever to write these songs without Mark and Flip, which means it problably was pretty hard for him. And took him a long time. That's why I thought the album wouldn't feature that many songs. Someone else said about that he had heard something about 12. I guess I was right! :D

But he DID do it....and no help from his backstabbing ex-bandmates either. I actually like the fact that I'm not hearing those two playing anything. I usually go the the restroom when they start in with the guitar solos and drum solos in concert. I bet every song isn't six minutes long either....six minute songs don't get played on the radio....yep...I think that's right.

ctfan
10-26-2005, 11:27 PM
well.. and ctfan... seems like you 2 have a little pent up rage...

... and ctfan, lith' wasn't tooting anyones horn... he just stated a logical fact that 3 can write faster than one...

but anyway... this album cover and track list really has me pumped for stapp... i was kinda gettin bored, but it's great to see he's on top of his game

No, no, I'm not angry at anyone. What I meant was, how does Lith know for certain that "it was probably hard for him" writing the lyrics to his new cd without his ex bandmates. I don't remember Stapp ever saying that. But I do remember him saying that he wanted to take a break. :)

Agent D
10-26-2005, 11:35 PM
My guess would be that any person producing their first solo CD or a band producing their first CD would probably want their picture on the cover. Maybe that's where Alter Bridge messed up. Is their picture even on their CD? Maybe its on the back, but I wouldn't know I've never checked it out..

Okay, that's the most foolish thing I've heard all day. AB did not "mess up" and they took the more artistic route. And yes, their pictures are on in the inside of the cd. :rolleyes:

Creed7352
10-27-2005, 12:29 PM
But he DID do it....and no help from his backstabbing ex-bandmates either. I actually like the fact that I'm not hearing those two playing anything. I usually go the the restroom when they start in with the guitar solos and drum solos in concert. I bet every song isn't six minutes long either....six minute songs don't get played on the radio....yep...I think that's right.

i'm sorry but creed didn't take time out and do drum solos and guitar solos, so the going to the restroom comment is void...

the six minute thing, is that supposed to be a jab at ab too? cause they're not all six minutes long and you wouldn't even know having never checked out the cd...and if you've never checked out the cd, how can you say that ab sucks?

if you think that the music sucks, then you'll think stapp sucks since the music is made by the same musician's in alter bridge as it was in creed and stapp's new stuff sounds like creed (and in his mind is creed just with a new "backing band")... :rolleyes:

Trimontana
10-27-2005, 01:02 PM
The cover is horrible.

Very true. A nice artwork would have looked much better insteaf a picture of himself. Its a boring cover too.

Seriously, though, I'd rather have 10 quality/shorter songs than an overdone, bloated 16-song album that bores me.

You're rite kerri. But 2 of these songs "Relearn Love " and " TGD" are bad/average songs, so there are 8 songs left still to see if they are worth it. Not trying to be negative or nasty but it doesnt seem rite for me what we didnt listen to it yet.

guesswhosback
10-27-2005, 01:04 PM

yeah yeah you're god we get it :rolleyes:

HuMaN~ClAy
10-27-2005, 01:14 PM
You're rite kerri. But 2 of these songs "Relearn Love " and " TGD" are bad/average songs, so there are 8 songs left still to see if they are worth it. Not trying to be negative or nasty but it doesnt seem rite for me what we didnt listen to it yet.

Actually "Relearn Love" isn't in the track list so it's not gonna be on the cd... but TGD and Surround Me are 2 of the 10 songs we've already heard... i'd call them both average, but not bad... maybe a little above average?

Trimontana
10-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Actually "Relearn Love" isn't in the track list so it's not gonna be on the cd... but TGD and Surround Me are 2 of the 10 songs we've already heard... i'd call them both average, but not bad... maybe a little above average?

Thanks for the correction, man :D
I just posted my opinion, for me those 2 are bad/average. I dont expect much from this album; just an average poppy album...it doesnt sound rock to me at least.

HuMaN~ClAy
10-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the correction, man :D
I just posted my opinion, for me those 2 are bad/average. I dont expect much from this album; just an average poppy album...it doesnt sound rock to me at least.

no problem... and yea i agree, it does sound more pop like than normal... but then again i've only heard 2 of the songs so that doesn't tell me very much, and relearn love was pretty pop like too.

Rocketqueen
10-27-2005, 01:38 PM
:rolleyes: clean out your ears i can hear where Relearn Love has a pop zing But not this one Geeeeesh >> :poke: <<

Trimontana
10-27-2005, 01:54 PM
:rolleyes: clean out your ears i can hear where Relearn Love has a pop zing But not this one Geeeeesh >> :poke: <<

Well man, its not definitely ROCK either. Sorry to say that but its very far to sound like rock.

Rocketqueen
10-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Gabs well its far from pop too :D its Rock N Roll Babes and Sounds Great Lets Not Divide it K :)

RMadd
10-27-2005, 04:09 PM
seriously, Lith, you need to control your anti-Stapp rhetoric bullshit & try & contribute something positively for once. you think not having Mark & Flip is the only reason why it's taken him so long? Jesus Tapdancing Christ, you're naive. Most bands end up writing (or at least partially writing) more than the number of actual songs that appear on the album. Or, in the very least, if they only write 10 or 11, they usually refine them a great deal.

There's also the matter of rehearsing for live performances immediately after (and also before) the album comes out. It's not as though it took Stapp a full 4 years to write new material, or even 1 1/2 years since they officially split. So, let's see, 1 1/2 years really isn't all that long. I mean, the man evidently had some tricky personal issues to deal with. And just because it takes awhile to write new material doesn't mean you suck: how many years was it between Boston's 2nd & 3rd, 3rd & 4th, and 4th & 5th albums (if you don't know, it's 8 years every time)?

It also remains to be seen how much goneblind contributed to the songwriting process, but I would guess that, just as with Creed, Stapp wrote the lyrics, and the other guys laid down the rhythm section parts. You also don't know how long most of the songs are. It's one thing if they're all 3:00, but I would imagine they probably run somewhere between the 4:30 & 5:30 range, giving you a good 45-50 mins of music, which is more than a lot of bands these days provide of original material.

titan9
10-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Well man, its not definitely ROCK either. Sorry to say that but its very far to sound like rock.

It's not that far off from what is on Rock radio today. If I had to define Relearn Love, it'd probably be Pop-Rock. It's got a bit of a poppy edge, but it is closer to being a Rock song than it is to being a Pop song.

As for The Great Divide, that's a Modern Rock song, just like every other song on Rock radio today.

The Lithium
10-27-2005, 04:58 PM
I think you are truly missing out on good concerts then. 'Cause you're supposed to be frontrow in the middle! And if you are, there is no way you are going to the restroom in the middle of the show! :D

seriously, Lith, you need to control your anti-Stapp rhetoric bullshit & try & contribute something positively for once.
What did I do now? Commented on the fact that there is 10 songs on The Great Divide? Oh no, shoot me... Dude, relax, I didn't say anything negative about him.

you think not having Mark & Flip is the only reason why it's taken him so long? Jesus Tapdancing Christ, you're naive. Most bands end up writing (or at least partially writing) more than the number of actual songs that appear on the album. Or, in the very least, if they only write 10 or 11, they usually refine them a great deal.
No man, I didn't say any of that, you just assumed that. No, I sure as hell don't think not having Mark and Flip by his side is the only reason, and I never mentioned ANYTHING about Stapp sucking! I love his music, man! And I didn't say I was disappointed with the fact that there's "only" 10 songs on the album, once again you assumed I did.

So, let's see, 1 1/2 years really isn't all that long. I mean, the man evidently had some tricky personal issues to deal with. And just because it takes awhile to write new material doesn't mean you suck: how many years was it between Boston's 2nd & 3rd, 3rd & 4th, and 4th & 5th albums (if you don't know, it's 8 years every time)?
Now, could you send me a quote where I actually say: "The Great Divide will suck", 'cause I sure as hell can't remember posting something like that.

long most of the songs are. It's one thing if they're all 3:00, but I would imagine they probably run somewhere between the 4:30 & 5:30 range, giving you a good 45-50 mins of music, which is more than a lot of bands these days provide of original material.
Yes, and I'm positive about this album. You, on the other hand, are waisting negative energry on focusing on the fact that I am "negative".
And even if all of those things you just said about me were true. I was still right, eyy? I gussed 10 songs would feature, and I guessed right.

Ana4Stapp
10-27-2005, 05:50 PM

AGREED! ;)

It's not that far off from what is on Rock radio today. If I had to define Relearn Love, it'd probably be Pop-Rock. It's got a bit of a poppy edge, but it is closer to being a Rock song than it is to being a Pop song.

As for The Great Divide, that's a Modern Rock song, just like every other song on Rock radio today.

Sounds definitely POP...but ROCK???? Very very far... :rolleyes:

Trimontana
10-27-2005, 06:15 PM
^^Ana i cant love ya more ;)

Trimontana
10-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Gabs well its far from pop too :D its Rock N Roll Babes and Sounds Great Lets Not Divide it K :)

Gabs??? Do i know at all to call me that way??? Not trying to be rude but just few people call that name and just one in here, Creedsister.

Ana4Stapp
10-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Gabs??? Do i know at all to call me that way??? Not trying to be rude but just few people call that name and just one in here, Creedsister.

Take it easy, trimontana....Creedsister = rocketqueen ...well... :rolleyes: I think....lol

Trimontana
10-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Take it easy, trimontana....Creedsister = rocketqueen ...well... :rolleyes: I think....lol

is she? why my sister is posting with another account? i didnt want to be rude, just wondering how she/he knows that way to call me :confused: :cool:

Chase
10-27-2005, 06:43 PM
My Own Prison was 10 songs... people seem to forget that. Also, it took Trent Reznor to complete Nine Inch Nail's new record. It's quality, not quantity that counts.

titan9
10-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Sounds definitely POP...but ROCK???? Very very far... :rolleyes:

Well, I was comparing it to the stuff that I hear on Rock radio today. Maybe they play different, harder stuff on Rock radio over there, though. But compared to the stuff played on Rock radio today in the USA, TGD is closer to being a Rock song(because of the guitar work and chorus) than it is to being a Pop song.

Ana4Stapp
10-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, I was comparing it to the stuff that I hear on Rock radio today. Maybe they play different, harder stuff on Rock radio over there, though. But compared to the stuff played on Rock radio today in the USA, TGD is closer to being a Rock song(because of the guitar work and chorus) than it is to being a Pop song.

Actually here on radio is the same 'quality' as in the US... :eek:

SecretWeapon
10-27-2005, 09:02 PM

Titan9 was only saying that it sounded like the "rock" songs
that are played on the pop stations in this day and age ....

as stupid as it is , there are several kinds of rock now ,
heck , Ryan Crapera ,or whatever his name is , is considered
"rock" in certain circles ....
so i see what people are talking about when they say RL
is pop , but to me , its rock . i would never insult Scott
by calling his music pop ..... but then , thats only my opinion,
(however right it may be :D ).

Ana4Stapp
10-27-2005, 09:22 PM
is she? why my sister is posting with another account? i didnt want to be rude, just wondering how she/he knows that way to call me :confused: :cool:

Well I think ...hum..try to compare rocketqueen posts and creedsister post...they are very similar..(what means confusing posts)...lol :D

but anyway... maybe I m wrong...

Mrprophetman
10-27-2005, 09:43 PM
i'm sorry but creed didn't take time out and do drum solos and guitar solos, so the going to the restroom comment is void...

the six minute thing, is that supposed to be a jab at ab too? cause they're not all six minutes long and you wouldn't even know having never checked out the cd...and if you've never checked out the cd, how can you say that ab sucks?

if you think that the music sucks, then you'll think stapp sucks since the music is made by the same musician's in alter bridge as it was in creed and stapp's new stuff sounds like creed (and in his mind is creed just with a new "backing band")... :rolleyes:

You are right...but I also saw Default as an opening act with Creed. Their guitarist launched into a five minute demonstration of his massive skill on the guitar and I decided it was time to take a piss. Sorry that just doesn't appeal to me.

Cause I listened to the entire freaking CD when it was posted at VH1...more than once. Nothing there I would care to spend my hard earned money on. Nice that VH1 gave me the opportunity to decide I wasn't gonna buy it. I don't live to hear a guitar solo in every song. The comment about the cover is because I have NEVER bothered to even pick it up to look at it. Why would I?

Creed never sucked. I still listen to everything Creed ever made. Even bought the Greatest Hits CD even though I already owned every song. I hear nothing of Creed in Alter Bridge, but apparently DJ's do, or they wouldn't use the term "Creed without Scott Stapp. I got something out of Creed's lyrics. Alter Bridge's songs say absolutely nothing to me of any substance. They have no message...but then that's my opinion

Like I said I actually LIKE the fact that Tremonti and Phillips are NOWHERE on that CD. I'm enjoying hearing some NEW musicians.

Mrprophetman
10-27-2005, 10:00 PM
I think you are truly missing out on good concerts then. 'Cause you're supposed to be frontrow in the middle! And if you are, there is no way you are going to the restroom in the middle of the show! :D

Any band that launches into a demonstration of guitar or drum skills I'm outta there. Did it at a 3 Doors Down show a year ago.

SecretWeapon
10-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Any band that launches into a demonstration of guitar or drum skills I'm outta there. Did it at a 3 Doors Down show a year ago.

OH the humanity!!!

i am SO sorry some ppl with extraordanary talent wanted to do
WHAT PEOPLE CAME TO SEE THEM DO .

the lack of respect for talent in this generation is staggering .....
i wish people would realize that , although words can be quite meaningful,
THERE IS SOO MUCH MORE TO MUSIC THAN LYRICS .

HuMaN~ClAy
10-28-2005, 01:09 AM
OH the humanity!!!

i am SO sorry some ppl with extraordanary talent wanted to do
WHAT PEOPLE CAME TO SEE THEM DO .

the lack of respect for talent in this generation is staggering .....
i wish people would realize that , although words can be quite meaningful,
THERE IS SOO MUCH MORE TO MUSIC THAN LYRICS .

^^^ Totally Agree...

when i go to a concert i expect to see a good display of talent from all members of the band, not just the singer... seeing a crazy guitar solo is always the best part of the night for me... i wish more people took bathroom breaks then so i'd get a better view...

RMadd
10-28-2005, 01:54 AM

What did I do now? Commented on the fact that there is 10 songs on The Great Divide? Oh no, shoot me... Dude, relax, I didn't say anything negative about him.

No man, I didn't say any of that, you just assumed that. No, I sure as hell don't think not having Mark and Flip by his side is the only reason, and I never mentioned ANYTHING about Stapp sucking! I love his music, man! And I didn't say I was disappointed with the fact that there's "only" 10 songs on the album, once again you assumed I did.

Now, could you send me a quote where I actually say: "The Great Divide will suck", 'cause I sure as hell can't remember posting something like that.

Yes, and I'm positive about this album. You, on the other hand, are waisting negative energry on focusing on the fact that I am "negative".
And even if all of those things you just said about me were true. I was still right, eyy? I gussed 10 songs would feature, and I guessed right.
I don't believe you explicitly stated that you think Stapp's new album's going to suck. But, given your recent history of posts I've read, your comments generally attack Stapp & support AB. Many of the little nuances you mention and your word choice (i.e. "I mean, it has taken him forever to write these songs without Mark and Flip") tend to support my claim here. As such, I now tend to read between the lines in your posts, and they all seem to come out portraying Stapp in a negative light.

RMadd
10-28-2005, 01:59 AM
she seems to like reinventing herself every now & then when a handful of people get a little ticked off at her (namely for typing)... she used to be ZION101 back when I joined just over 2 years ago (if I remember correctly, she'd type in all-caps), then reincarnated as creedsister.

The Lithium
10-28-2005, 12:21 PM
I now tend to read between the lines in your posts, and they all seem to come out portraying Stapp in a negative light.
Then don't read between the lines. You'll keep on misunderstanding me if you do...

Trimontana
10-28-2005, 01:36 PM
she seems to like reinventing herself every now & then when a handful of people get a little ticked off at her (namely for typing)... she used to be ZION101 back when I joined just over 2 years ago (if I remember correctly, she'd type in all-caps), then reincarnated as creedsister.

I wanna my Creedsister back!!!! :(

Dogstar
10-28-2005, 01:45 PM
^^^ Totally Agree...

when i go to a concert i expect to see a good display of talent from all members of the band, not just the singer... seeing a crazy guitar solo is always the best part of the night for me... i wish more people took bathroom breaks then so i'd get a better view...
:laugh: Right on. I like it when a band strays from the album, whether the singer takes a different turn in the melody or the guitar parts are tweaked a little bit to give people something different. Bands that sound exactly like their album bore me. If I wanted the album sound, I'd listen to the album. When I go to a concert, I always hope that a band has taken the time to mix things up a little. Trent Reznor does this consistently. When I saw NIN in May, during Closer, they played a little bit of The Only Time during the instrumental part. It was wicked cool.

The Lithium
10-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I agree, with Kerri and HuMaN~ClAy! It's boring to hear the album version live. You want it to be at least a little different. And I think it almost is all the time. At least the band I've seen!

Mrprophetman
10-28-2005, 02:22 PM
^^^ Totally Agree...

When I was a teenager I may have gotten some entertainment out of a crazy guitar solo. But people's tastes in music change. A crazy guitar solo now bugs the hell out of me. And not just Mark Tremonti's crazy guitar solos...anybody's.

HuMaN~ClAy
10-28-2005, 03:20 PM
When I was a teenager I may have gotten some entertainment out of a crazy guitar solo. But people's tastes in music change. A crazy guitar solo now bugs the hell out of me. And not just Mark Tremonti's crazy guitar solos...anybody's.

*Edited* - meh, didn't like what i had here first...

instead i'm just gonna say that we have different reasons for listening to music...

Bridge of Clay
10-28-2005, 04:31 PM
then maybe rock music isn't for you, grandpa!

LMAO!

Sorry, just kidding! I really couldn't resist... don't take it personally! :)

The Lithium
10-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Hahaha, you crack me up, Marcos! :D

Rocketqueen
10-29-2005, 01:36 AM
she seems to like reinventing herself every now & then when a handful of people get a little ticked off at her (namely for typing)... she used to be ZION101 back when I joined just over 2 years ago (if I remember correctly, she'd type in all-caps), then reincarnated as creedsister. oh shutup nobody was madd at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as far as i know well yes i could,nt be no other my typing is a give away :) i see your point thank you for the download precious :D

Rocketqueen
10-29-2005, 01:42 AM
I wanna my Creedsister back!!!! :( oh da Gabs :hugs: :hugs: :kiss: sweetie it will just take time to get use too thats all

Mrprophetman
10-30-2005, 01:21 PM

LMAO!

I'm not a freaking grandpa, jerk. I just don't get all excited over someone playing a freaking guitar to show off. Apparently you do.

The Lithium
10-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Come on, you know he was kidding!

Mrprophetman
10-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Come on, you know he was kidding!

I also read what he posts at other boards.....so, NO, I don't think he's kidding. He is entitled to his freaking opinion, why am I not allowed to have one?

Just cause he says he's kidding doesn't make it SO.

SecretWeapon
10-30-2005, 02:22 PM
I also read what he posts at other boards.....so, NO, I don't think he's kidding. He is entitled to his freaking opinion, why am I not allowed to have one?

mrprophetman , when you say you hate guitar solos ,it comes across
as ignorance. nothing in the world gets to me as much as it does when
people tell me they just want to hear the song ,not the solo.
You have to realize all the hhouuurrs of practice , and the God-given
talent it takes to play like that. as a guitarist , its important to me
to have some inspiration , and something to work for , and it hurts
when people dont appreciate all my passion, or the hours (and years)
of practice and hard work thats required to be able to play like that.
so when people ONLY want to hear a bunch of power chords thrown
together into a makeshift "song" it irritates me that some guys can
just be satisfied so easily. so if you want a bunch of simple , caveman
power chord- songs , then you can write them yourself , and let the
rest of the world enjoy talent and real music. I wish more people had
a fire for music, its lonely .......

The Lithium
10-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Dude, chill! Marcos is a great guy and I know him well enough to say that he didn't mean to piss you off. Read the quote carefully:

LMAO!

He said "Don't take it personally", so don't. And Marcos is not a jerk! He's a guy with an opinion, (much like him), but I think he looks pretty objective at stuff and has good arguments when he doesn't. You can ask anyone who's been here for a while, and I'm sure they'll all say the same thing: "Marcos is a great guy", and I know he was only messing with you. Nothing serious, alright?

Mrprophetman
10-30-2005, 06:13 PM
mrprophetman , when you say you hate guitar solos ,it comes across
as ignorance. nothing in the world gets to me as much as it does when
people tell me they just want to hear the song ,not the solo.
You have to realize all the hhouuurrs of practice , and the God-given
talent it takes to play like that. as a guitarist , its important to me
to have some inspiration , and something to work for , and it hurts
when people dont appreciate all my passion, or the hours (and years)
of practice and hard work thats required to be able to play like that.
so when people ONLY want to hear a bunch of power chords thrown
together into a makeshift "song" it irritates me that some guys can
just be satisfied so easily. so if you want a bunch of simple , caveman
power chord- songs , then you can write them yourself , and let the
rest of the world enjoy talent and real music. I wish more people had
a fire for music, its lonely .......

I'm not ignorant. I just prefer to get the message of the song rather than the music. You can think whatever you want...I really don't care.

Mrprophetman
10-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Dude, chill! Marcos is a great guy and I know him well enough to say that he didn't mean to piss you off. Read the quote carefully:

He said "Don't take it personally", so don't. And Marcos is not a jerk! He's a guy with an opinion, (much like him), but I think he looks pretty objective at stuff and has good arguments when he doesn't. You can ask anyone who's been here for a while, and I'm sure they'll all say the same thing: "Marcos is a great guy", and I know he was only messing with you. Nothing serious, alright?

Sorry, I don't agree. If he didn't mean it, personally, he shouldn't have said it.

SecretWeapon
10-30-2005, 08:37 PM
mrprophetman , are you going through a depresion or something?
hormones?
why are you against everyone ?

btw, the music is 1/2 the message of the song.
thats not just my opinion ,either. its the truth.
(the music (normaly) takes longer to write than lyrics do, btw.)

:)

Bridge of Clay
10-30-2005, 11:08 PM

dude... if you aren't a grandpa, then you're a pussy for not liking guitar solos.

Are you happy now???

If I say I'm kidding, I am. I don't have to bullshit you or anyone else on this board. If you're in doubt coz I had to edit that post, it's because I fixed my spelling and NOT to add I was kidding...which I really was.

Take a chill, a pill of good humor and enjoy the board.

Bridge of Clay
10-30-2005, 11:09 PM

Thanks Lith for BOLDING it.

Anyway... are you a stalker??? :wtf

Mrprophetman
10-31-2005, 11:45 PM
mrprophetman , are you going through a depresion or something?
hormones?
why are you against everyone ?

btw, the music is 1/2 the message of the song.
thats not just my opinion ,either. its the truth.
(the music (normaly) takes longer to write than lyrics do, btw.)

:)

No depression. I'm not against everyone. I have an opinion that some of you don't like. Get over it.

Mrprophetman
10-31-2005, 11:46 PM
dude... if you aren't a grandpa, then you're a pussy for not liking guitar solos.

Are you happy now???

If I say I'm kidding, I am. I don't have to bullshit you or anyone else on this board. If you're in doubt coz I had to edit that post, it's because I fixed my spelling and NOT to add I was kidding...which I really was.

Take a chill, a pill of good humor and enjoy the board.

I don't consider your humor funny. I have my opinion and you don't like it. I really, really don't care what you think, to be honest with you.

Bridge of Clay
11-01-2005, 06:30 AM
I don't consider your humor funny. I have my opinion and you don't like it. I really, really don't care what you think, to be honest with you.
Boo Hoo

I'm so upset right now :(

The Lithium
11-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Seriously Mrprophetman... How old are you? I mean... If someone called me a grandpa I wouldn't be upset, 'cause I'm 17. I mean, it's just so way off of track it's funny. (And I think that's what Marcos meant by saying what he said). And you got very upset... Now... Is it because your age and you fear to become a "grandpa" 'cause your old?

Ana4Stapp
11-01-2005, 08:05 AM
I dont get it...Theres no sense for you coming here and show all your bad temper saying Marcos is a jerk just because he clearly did a joke about the grandpa. You took it seriously when theres no reason for doing that...
Chill dude! ;)

The Lithium
11-01-2005, 08:08 AM
See... Everyone around here thinks Marcos is a great guy!

Ana4Stapp
11-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Boo Hoo

I'm so upset right now :(

Lithium is right, Marcos -You are a GREAT guy! :hugs:

Bridge of Clay
11-01-2005, 01:10 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Thanks to Mrprophetman I'm having the time of my life!

lol

SecretWeapon
11-01-2005, 06:57 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Thanks to Mrprophetman I'm having the time of my life!

lol

Do I smell sarcasm? :D

Creed7352
11-01-2005, 07:17 PM
you keep saying "get over it" yet you're not...obviously or you would've just been on with it and dropped it already.

Bridge of Clay
11-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Do I smell sarcasm? :D
I don't know... do you?

;) :D

HuMaN~ClAy
11-01-2005, 11:56 PM
it really gets to me when people come to this board and say how we're all anti-stapp, cus that's just not true... most of us here are sticking behind both "sides", but yea sure, there are some anti-stapp people here, just like there are anti-alter bridge people here... and this is why they fight with one another, and it comes from both sides...

I really, really don't care what you think, to be honest with you.

sorry to use you as an example Mrprophetman but this was a prime example... i don't know why people come to these boards if they have no interest in what others are saying... you might as well go talk yourself because nobody's gonna listen to you here if you don't listen to others...

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 04:58 AM
it really gets to me when people come to this board and say how we're all anti-stapp, cus that's just not true... most of us here are sticking behind both "sides", but yea sure, there are some anti-stapp people here, just like there are anti-alter bridge people here... and this is why they fight with one another, and it comes from both sides...
AMEN!!! That's really true! We are not anti-Stapp here, but this have never been and never will be a Scott Stapp board. Before TDG was released there was ONLY AB fans here. Of course we like AB better than Stapp!

sorry to use you as an example Mrprophetman but this was a prime example... i don't know why people come to these boards if they have no interest in what others are saying... you might as well go talk yourself because nobody's gonna listen to you here if you don't listen to others...
Well, let's just say you and me aren't the only ones who are a bit tired of all these newbies only starting fights and making stupid statements.

titan9
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
This is a Scott Stapp forum though, Lith. And I think if anti-Stapp people are gonna come in here just to bash him, they'd be better served staying in the Alter Bridge forum. It really does no good. The same goes for anti-Alter Bridge people. They should resist from posting negative stuff in the AB forum. This is where all the fights come from. If we didn't have anti-Stapp people in here arguing with the big Stapp fans, there probably wouldn't be any fights. It'd be a peaceful place to discuss the music, not the man behind it.

As for me, I've said it time and time again: I am an equal fan of Creed, Alter Bridge and Stapp. You won't see me taking sides, unless there is blatant, un-called for bashing, in which case I'll defend any of those three mentioned above.

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 09:53 AM
This is a Scott Stapp forum though, Lith.
What I meant was that this was an all-Alter Bridge forum before the release of TGD, 'cause no Stapp fans posted here.

titan9
11-02-2005, 10:04 AM
But even before TGD was released(and after Relearn Love) there were some Stapp-only fans who posted here. You know, people like Shadow and Creedlvr, just to name a couple. It's not like Stapp-only fans completely deserted this forum. There just simply was not as many a few months ago as there are now, for the simple reason that there was nothing to really discuss about Stapp.

ctfan
11-02-2005, 11:47 AM

I took an interest in something in another thread, posted my opinion on it, and was told I had my head up Stapp's butt. The person in question didn't ask how I came to form my opinion, nor did he ask what I meant by it. Just jumped to conclusions of his own.

So the question is, will I listen to what he has to say from now on, and take him seriously? No. Will his opinion or interests matter to me as much? No. Will he get a smart-ass comment from me regarding anything I may post here, regardless of the topic from now on? Yes, it's quite possible.

Does this person feel the same way about me? I don't give a damn what he thinks.

Wow, how about that...it works both ways.

ctfan
11-02-2005, 11:48 AM
What I meant was that this was an all-Alter Bridge forum before the release of TGD, 'cause no Stapp fans posted here.

I posted here. :D

HuMaN~ClAy
11-02-2005, 05:12 PM
well... to get back to the topic for a moment haha... anyone know what that flower-like thing behind Stapp is?? or what is stands for?? also, kinda looks like there's writing in a circle around everything... i can't pick it out tho... anyone know if this is even writing? and if so what does it say??

Mrprophetman
11-04-2005, 11:21 PM

I've been called IGNORANT because I don't share the opinions of others. If I'm expected to respect someone else's opinion....then why are they not expected to do the same?

Mrprophetman
11-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Seriously Mrprophetman... How old are you? I mean... If someone called me a grandpa I wouldn't be upset, 'cause I'm 17. I mean, it's just so way off of track it's funny. (And I think that's what Marcos meant by saying what he said). And you got very upset... Now... Is it because your age and you fear to become a "grandpa" 'cause your old?

Well, I'm older than you, which is pretty evident.

Creed7352
11-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I've been called IGNORANT because I don't share the opinions of others. If I'm expected to respect someone else's opinion....then why are they not expected to do the same?

no, you were not called ignorant...the person said that it came across as ignorance...there is a BIG difference there.

Steve
11-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Can't believe I missed this thread... I guess there's no point in leaving it open.