Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Video Out Now!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Video Out Now!!

bobben
10-12-2005, 06:44 PM
The Great Divide-video is out now on the E-team exclusive area!! Really cool vid!!! :cool:

Chase
10-12-2005, 07:06 PM
How do I get there? lol

INDIGOSTEVE
10-12-2005, 07:37 PM
cool lighting, video is pretty cool! stapp is back! I am listening to surround me from HOB in chicago guess this is the second single? :)

Dogstar
10-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Could somebody rip that puppy? I don't think I can get in any e-team area. Many thanks.

Chase
10-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah... how do you get into the E Team area?

Dogstar
10-12-2005, 07:44 PM
You probably have to sign up to be on the E team or something. I know I didn't do anything like that.

Chase
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
I signed up... but on Stapp's website it says that the E Team isn't up yet. :wtf:

Dogstar
10-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Hmmm...maybe it's for everybody, then. I have to wait until I get home to check, though.

titan9
10-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Apparently it isn't for everyone. I decided to check and see, and it hasn't been put up in his music section. Generally speaking, WU puts the video up for all to see 3-10 days after it has been exclusively released to the street team. I haven't joined his e-team, so I guess I'll be one of those that has to wait as well. Of course, someone, possibly on a torrent site, might rip the video before then and make it available for download.

Dogstar
10-12-2005, 08:04 PM
That would be good.

titan9
10-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I think it will happen fairly soon, and I look forward to seeing the video(as does my niece). Those torrent people are on top of things like that. :laugh:

creedchick02
10-12-2005, 08:28 PM
UGGGGG...help, my windows media player won't work, says it's not supported what do i do......i wanna see the vid.... :(

Higher_Desire
10-12-2005, 11:34 PM
IMO, the video is kinda lame. I think they could have come up with something better than Scott on a stage with lights in an empty warehouse (or wherever it was). It kind of reminds me of Higher... good song, crappy video.

H-D :pimp:

Steve
10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, the video was crappy. It basically features Stapp on stage with his bandmates behind him performing the song. The stage looks to be clear with lights shining up through the stage. That's pretty much the whole video. The camera angles change from straight-on Stapp to left view of Stapp, to right view of Stapp, and repeat. Nothing at all to write home about. Knowing the lyrics to this song, I'm sure a really deep, or at least entertaining story-type video could have been shot?

Bridge of Clay
10-12-2005, 11:42 PM
video doesn't work for me... It appears it's acquiring license forever and then I get an error.

Ana4Stapp
10-13-2005, 12:04 AM
video doesn't work for me... It appears it's acquiring license forever and then I get an error.

Eteam is not avaliable for non american areas... :(

creedchick02
10-13-2005, 12:46 AM

I am in Boston MA....

Chase
10-13-2005, 01:37 AM
It's kind of like Alter Bridge's "Open Your Eyes" video. Just the band playing nothing else. I don't see what's wrong with that.

bobben
10-13-2005, 08:41 AM

I'm from Norway and I'm in it! Just type in a zip code of your choice when you register...and your in!

The Lithium
10-13-2005, 09:10 AM
It's kind of like Alter Bridge's "Open Your Eyes" video. Just the band playing nothing else. I don't see what's wrong with that.
No, it's really not... I like the Open Your Eyes video, but I think this one is really poor!

In the OYE video there's lots of cool effects, a cooler environment to play in and 4 guys to film. In TGD video it's just Scott to film, the environment is pretty dark and boring and I don't think it has that much to do with the meaning of the song. PLUS all those light effects are really annoying.

I think this song might work pretty well on the radio, but it will get very few airplays on TV. First of all rock videos don't get too much airplays, if you compare to rap and R&N. Second of all it's just not good/cool enough. Pretty low budget. OYE was also pretty low budget, but I think that one was real cool. And well, the whole material is way too Christian to be played on MTV.

ItalianAB
10-13-2005, 10:52 AM
For me is a great video with a great Scott stapp!!!

Cool ;)

rabidgopher04
10-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah, the video was crappy. It basically features Stapp on stage with his bandmates behind him performing the song. The stage looks to be clear with lights shining up through the stage. That's pretty much the whole video. The camera angles change from straight-on Stapp to left view of Stapp, to right view of Stapp, and repeat. Nothing at all to write home about. Knowing the lyrics to this song, I'm sure a really deep, or at least entertaining story-type video could have been shot?

Sounds like they ran out of money to shoot a decent video.

Bullets
10-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I don't post here very often but this time I have a present for you all...I managed to rip the WMV file from windups RTSP server, however to my dismay the file was protected by DRM. So, after about an hour of trial and error I've stripped the DRM away from the file and now we have a nice, 10mb WMV which happens to be the Scott Stapp video. So for all the non-eteamers, Enjoy! :)

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2EBNY6XSC8GRQ030CM149ZR2OF

Dogstar
10-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Thank you, Bullets!

titan9
10-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I haven't seen the video yet(I'm patiently waiting for it to be done DLing, thanks a bunch Bullets!) but, based on what I'm gathering from here, it's a pretty simple video. Quite honestly, I don't think it is a bad idea to go with something fairly simple, considering it is the first video and the first single for Scott. If it were my call, the video would only feature him(and not the band) to signify that he's now a solo artist.

Obviously, they could have done a video that really fit the song, but they decided to go with something simple. I don't think that was because there was a lack of money(this is Scott Stapp we're talking about, a guy who was in a band that made WU millions of dollars, it's not like he's an unkown guy), but just because they wanted something simple. I think the next video will be more complex, but more complex does not always a good video make.

I think Scott's video will receive good airplay on VH1. They gave AB a TON of play for the first few months, and quite honestly, I can see this video doing well on their top 20 countdown, just as the video for OYE did well.

Dogstar
10-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I just watched it (God bless wireless, hehe) and titan, you're right on. It is really simple and it does feature mostly Scott with a cut or two of the guitarist's hands and instrument and a quick cut of the drummer. It's not awful, but I'm not a big fan of the song. Scott looks pretty good, though. I'm sure it will get plenty of airplay. The formula of the song is very radio-friendly, and I think, sadly, that will do better than AB's stuff, even though I think AB's music is better.

PJAmerica
10-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I joined the E-team a few weeks ago and got a email today telling me about it. Was okay. really wierd ass video though.

titan9
10-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Alright, I just watched the video. You know, I don't think it was as plain as I expected to be. It isn't the boring video that I thought it'd be. It's actually not that bad. All of the Creed videos, for the most part(well, at least the later ones) had a lot going on in the video. It's kinda nice, in a way, to have a more simplistic video this time around.

I decided to compare the OYE video to this one(just for the fun of it), and, I'd say they're on equal ground as far as simplicity is concerned. Both are fairly simple videos(one features the band outdoors, while the other has the band/singer indoors), but they aren't so simple that they put you to sleep. The videos get the job done and neither is awful, nor is either a great video. They're decent/good videos. I expect Stapp's next video to be even better.

Dogstar
10-13-2005, 12:58 PM
The flashing light show was just annoying.

Trimontana
10-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks to Bullets for the video.
On my opinion the video is boring and cheese. Theres nothing excited about it. I cant even say that any of the Creed videos were as bad as this one...its just boring :rolleyes:

in reality
10-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks Bullets! I appreciate it. Scott looks good. Has some symbolism in the lights.

titan9
10-13-2005, 01:33 PM

I thought that was actually kinda cool. Without it, the video would have been REALLY simple.

Steve
10-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I thought that was actually kinda cool. Without it, the video would have been REALLY simple.

But with only lights flashing through the whole thing it was actually boring to me. Like I said before, knowing the concept of the song, a much more in depth video filled with symbolism could have been developed. A good story-telling video would have suited this song much better IMO. Something like My Sacrifice or AB's Broken Wings - a good story video.

titan9
10-13-2005, 01:54 PM
True, I would have preferred a story-telling video as well.

As for Broken Wings, I did not like that video, lol. It did tell a story, though.

bobben
10-13-2005, 02:07 PM

I really liked it too! Reminded me a little about the U2-light stuff that they had on this tour.

revisfoot
10-13-2005, 03:15 PM
I have just this to say:

FREAKIN' LOVE the video!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce Scott Stapp...

...is back.

The Lithium
10-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Told you... The OYE video is so much better!

Dogstar
10-13-2005, 03:19 PM
But with only lights flashing through the whole thing it was actually boring to me. Like I said before, knowing the concept of the song, a much more in depth video filled with symbolism could have been developed. A good story-telling video would have suited this song much better IMO. Something like My Sacrifice or AB's Broken Wings - a good story video.
Agreed.

Trimontana
10-13-2005, 03:30 PM
And even OYE was a better video, no way of that. The guys were sorrounded by a beautiful natural stage. This is just a wanna be video with message but i didnt feel anything when i watched it.

The Lithium
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I agree with Gabi

INDIGOSTEVE
10-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Stapp is BACK!

ctfan
10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks Bullets! I appreciate it. Scott looks good. Has some symbolism in the lights.

Thank you very much bullets. :)

I noticed the symbolism too, very subtle, you have to watch the lights closely or you'll miss it. The video is just awesome!! :)

ctfan
10-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Stapp is BACK!

I hear ya man. I hear ya!

Mrprophetman
10-13-2005, 10:07 PM
All I've ever heard was people bitchin about Jesus poses and symbolism. Well now Stapp has done a simple performance video and people are still bitchin. It really isn't that different from the Open Your Eyes video. Alter Bridge chose a ruined forest, a wind machine, and a smoke machine....and Stapp chose to use lights.

If I had to choose between the two, Stapp's is the more interesting. Everyone that I've shown the video, really likes it.

Mrprophetman
10-13-2005, 10:09 PM
True, I would have preferred a story-telling video as well.
As for Broken Wings, I did not like that video, lol. It did tell a story, though.

I never could figure out exactly what the story was though.

Chase
10-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Everyone is giving Stapp a hard time for having a video with a bunch of lights in a warehouse. Yet, Alter Bridge does a video in some deforested looking valley and apparently it's award worthy.

Ana4Stapp
10-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Humm...this video has some similarities with Higher video...but its not so bad...ya know...the real problem isnt the video...its... the song! :eek:

Dogstar
10-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Everyone is giving Stapp a hard time for having a video with a bunch of lights in a warehouse. Yet, Alter Bridge does a video in some deforested looking valley and apparently it's award worthy.
Actually, I wasn't too keen on the OYE vid, either. It's my least favorite AB song :D

Bridge of Clay
10-14-2005, 09:35 AM
I saw the video... it's cool. I'd flash the lights more often if I was directing it, but the concept is good.

GregS
10-14-2005, 10:09 AM
The video is rather boring i just watched it. I see alot of people comparing it to OYE and well OYE is a good video , Great Divide isnt.

Trimontana
10-14-2005, 10:46 AM
The video is rather boring i just watched it. I see alot of people comparing it to OYE and well OYE is a good video , Great Divide isnt.

wow someone that thinks the same than me :D

Chase
10-14-2005, 05:13 PM

I think that they're rather similar. First videos for two new resurrected artists. It's cool when new bands or artists coming off of break ups to do videos that show who the artists are and that's it. Look at Audioslave's "Cochise" video (which is better than "Open Your Eyes" and "The Great Divide" by the way... but essentially the same type of video). It's obvious that they wanted to show the merging of Chris Cornell and 3/4 of Rage Against the Machine. Velvet Revolver did basically the same thing. There's plenty of time for videos with storylines. I'm sure both videos have rather hidden symbols if you look closely.

The Lithium
10-16-2005, 12:55 PM
It's because of 2 reasons.
1) Alter Bridge rule all
2) Alter Brige's video isn't annoying, Stapp's is!

Right on!

revisfoot
10-17-2005, 01:58 AM
It's because of 2 reasons.
1) Alter Bridge rule all
2) Alter Brige's video isn't annoying, Stapp's is!

Right on!

Oh, come on! It's a PERFORMANCE video, and you know what? It's quite good. I like the light show, it's very cool. So, for you naysayers, just shut up, and quit your bitching about every little thing. I'm sure if the TGD vid WAS a story-driven vid, you'd all be like, "The story sucks, yadda yadda yadda." Just be happy FOR ONCE. Christ.

Dogstar
10-17-2005, 02:10 AM
Well, not everybody was impressed :D. It wasn't hideous, but it wasn't that great. Just my opinion, though.

titan9
10-17-2005, 08:00 AM
Well, not everybody was impressed :D. It wasn't hideous, but it wasn't that great. Just my opinion, though.

I agree, it isn't the best video, but it sure as heck isn't as horrible as some people are making it out to be(believe me, I have seen far worse videos from more established artists). Like Revis said, it is a PERFORMANCE video, nothing else. There is no storyline, no elaborate story. It's just him performing. Maybe not everyone will enjoy this video, but you know what? It beats any video Eminem or 50 Cent have put out. :D

BTW, I heard "The Great Divide" on the radio for the first time yesterday. It was on my local Rock station's "Dirty Thirty" countdown. I am not sure where it was on the countdown, but I think it was around 26 or 27, possibly a slot or two higher. That's a good sign, imo.

cariocawlad
10-17-2005, 09:38 AM
It's a simple video that show Stapp performing. This is the kind of video that debuted artists are doing actually. It's good (imo) but I'm a fan of story based videos so I'm waiting for more in the next clips.

The concept is the same of OYE video but the execution is totally different. I like both but when I think these guys in a video I just can't erase of my mind that incredible and amazing clips that they did in the past (like WAWO, MS and OLB) so I'm always having high hopes.

To me AB and Stapp (till this moment) don't get so good videos like the past works.

Peace.

uncertaindrumer
10-17-2005, 10:30 AM
OYE was a crappy video for a crappy song... This is a crappy video for a worse song.

I mean, performance videos are fine, nothing wrong with them. But not BORING performance videos...

Ana4Stapp
10-17-2005, 09:10 PM
The Great Divide video is on VH1.com

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/stapp_scott/artist.jhtml

ohiocreedfan
10-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I just saw the video and I really liked it. There is nothing elaborate, it's just about the song. I thought it was a nice change. Instead of having someone interpret the song for me through a video, I can figure it out for myself. It definitely has a Creed sound to it. Just a little milder. And it never hurts to have Scott to look at!!

The Lithium
10-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Oh, come on! It's a PERFORMANCE video, and you know what? It's quite good. I like the light show, it's very cool. So, for you naysayers, just shut up, and quit your bitching about every little thing. I'm sure if the TGD vid WAS a story-driven vid, you'd all be like, "The story sucks, yadda yadda yadda." Just be happy FOR ONCE. Christ.
Hahaha! :D I wasn't dead serious when I posted my post about AB ruling all, etc. It's great that you like the video, but I find the light show a little annoying. I should try watching it again and see if it grows on me.

Yes, if it had a story that was bad I'd say the story sucked. If it had a story that was good I'd say it was good! :D I actually said before that I think this is more of a "story-video" song, and that they don't really catch the meaning of the song by flashing lights on and off all the time. That's just my opinion, though.

And I'm not at all close minded for Stapp! I like all his songs so far: The Great Divide, Relearn Love and Surround Me. I think that if the rest of the album is this good it will be a pretty cool and good album! I'm sure he'll blow me away with a couple of songs. At least that's what I'm hoping for!

Rock on, Stapp!!

revisfoot
10-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I just don't understand why everyone is so damned trigger-happy when it comes to bashing everything completely firsthand. It's almost as if you have your mind made up that whatever is being released is going to suck marinara-sauce balls even before you see it/hear it. It's like you guys can never be happy. Perhaps you need some Vicadin, I don't know.

The Lithium
10-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Dude, I said I love all 3 of Stapp songs, so far... If that's not positiv, what is?

titan9
10-18-2005, 02:04 PM
I think he's probably talking about some of the other Stapp haters here, not necessarily you anymore, Lith. What you said was positive, so I cannot see why he'd be talking about you.

The Lithium
10-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I sure hope so!