Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Alter Bridge Bashes Scott Big Time [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge Bashes Scott Big Time

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 01:56 AM
I searched for this link and Guitar One but came up empty. Here is the link to an interview if you haven't seen it. Sorry if it has been posted before.
http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media/interviews/8-01-05_GuitarOne.html

Before they start bashing him, it says "And we don't want to bash Scott Stapp."

Then they go on to say that they could bash him even more. "And I just want to reach out and say that we're only giving you five percent of the story."

I'm assuming Scott has taken the high road. Has anyone seen him bashing Altar Bridge?

ctfan
10-06-2005, 02:08 AM
I searched for this link and Guitar One but came up empty. Here is the link to an interview if you haven't seen it. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Then they go on to say that they could bash him even more. "And I just want to reach out and say that we're only giving you five percent of the story."

I'm assuming Scott has taken the high road. Has anyone seen him bashing Altar Bridge?

Yea, I've read them all, and they've made those statements several times, including "we don't want to point any fingers but".

Their story has changed so many times, and they've given numerous reasons as to why this, why that...that imo they have become a joke.

No, I've not read any bashing on Stapps part. In fact, he wished them well.

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 02:17 AM

no, i haven't seen stapp bashing Altar Bridge...who is Altar Bridge?

they haven't bashed stapp, they've answered questions as to why creed broke up and told instances and some circumstances as to why...not all, but some..as they said 5%...and if that is 5%, i'd hate to see the real scott stapp, what a douche he must be.

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 02:23 AM
no, i haven't seen stapp bashing Altar Bridge...who is Altar Bridge?

they haven't bashed stapp, they've answered questions as to why creed broke up and told instances and some circumstances as to why...not all, but some..as they said 5%...and if that is 5%, i'd hate to see the real scott stapp, what a douche he must be.

If you read the article, some fans call them altar bridge. Also if you read the article, your statements are not correct. They did much more than simply answer questions.

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 02:46 AM
read the article...all i see is Alter Bridge, no Altar Bridge.

also, i don't see really any bashing at all...a question is asked and then an answer given with some backdrop and mention of events that happened...brian is the only one i see bash stapp with the line "scott stapp is a pathological liar." which isn't even bashing, just telling the interviewer (and readers) how stapp is.

but you're going to read it and interpret it how you want. so i'm not going to try and sway your views on it. that will only get me nowhere. you fit right along with the vh1 and pbf boards with your way of thinking. do you post there?

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 02:52 AM
read the article...all i see is Alter Bridge, no Altar Bridge.
sorry, must be another ab article on that site.

also, i don't see really any bashing at all...a question is asked and then an answer given with some backdrop and mention of events that happened...brian is the only one i see bash stapp with the line "scott stapp is a pathological liar." which isn't even bashing, just telling the interviewer (and readers) how stapp is.
I know as a scott stapp hater you don't see it, but its there in plain english.

but you're going to read it and interpret it how you want. so i'm not going to try and sway your views on it. that will only get me nowhere. you fit right along with the vh1 and pbf boards with your way of thinking. do you post there?
Doesn't look good when you have to resort to putting people down (trying to anyways).

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 03:02 AM
i'm not trying to put you down...just calling it as i see it.

i'm not a scott stapp hater either..i'm anxiouly awaiting his new album cause i want to hear what he has to offer. creed was my favorite band...stapp was in creed...therefore i want to hear his stuff. i didn't like RL, but TGD was better.

Chase
10-06-2005, 03:30 AM
It's weird, everytime Alter Bridge gives an interview... they "alter" themselves into finger pointing 12 year olds.

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 03:44 AM
It's weird, everytime Alter Bridge gives an interview... they "alter" themselves into finger pointing 12 year olds.

True. Also, I just read yet another bashing interview, and they think they are outing Scott for not acting like a Christian while writing "christian" lyrics. Scott is the first person to admit he wasn't living right.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-06-2005, 04:02 AM
mark just knows he's nothing without Scott, just an average bar band! :mad:

Bridge of Clay
10-06-2005, 09:51 AM
BOO HOO!!!

Get over it, Stapp screwed up big time in the past and hurt other people feelings to the point they stopped liking him... what would you expect? It's like a divorce... shoot the first rock the one who was never used by someone else and when realized it, stop caring about him/her ???

All you do is complain about AB said this, AB said that... if it bothers you so much, stop reading their interviews.

I'm not judging Stapp... he had his issues... but you can't deny his attitude in the recent past made people that were close to him to step away.

The Lithium
10-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Alright, enough already!! You guys are unbelieveable!! This 3 guys, Mark, Brian and Flip, have known Scott for 10 years!!! Don't you think they know what they are talking about? They actually knew him, they toured with him for years! Have you even met the guy? I'm telling you, Alter Bridge is giving you the truth, 'cause they were there, THEY know what happened. And you don't, you are just very close minded people!! And I hate the fact that ever since TGD was released more and more unpolite Stapp fans shows up here. This used to be a nice Alter Bridge board. Why don't you stick to PBF? There's one Stapp fan I really like, Ana4Stapp, but that's because she's very nice and not close minded. Sadly, she's pretty much one of a kind. I don't mind Stapp fans, I just mind the annoying ones!!

And you, jmhonline, you are just driving me CRAZY!!! Ryan, (Creed7352), was nothing but very calm and nice to you. And what are you doing to him? Bitchin' like crazy, if I was him I would've been so freaking pissed at you right now!

Myles said in that interview that you should choose side and go into war between AB and Stapp. So please don't, and don't make someone else do either! We are nice people over here, and this was a totally calm Alter Bridge board where most of us were excited about Scott's solo record, before you Stappers signed up here and all these fights started going on!

Ana4Stapp
10-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Alright, enough already!! You guys are unbelieveable!! This 3 guys, Mark, Brian and Flip, have known Scott for 10 years!!! Don't you think they know what they are talking about? They actually knew him, they toured with him for years! Have you even met the guy? I'm telling you, Alter Bridge is giving you the truth, 'cause they were there, THEY know what happened. And you don't, you are just very close minded people!! And I hate the fact that ever since TGD was released more and more unpolite Stapp fans shows up here. This used to be a nice Alter Bridge board. Why don't you stick to PBF? There's one Stapp fan I really like, Ana4Stapp, but that's because she's very nice and not close minded. Sadly, she's pretty much one of a kind. I don't mind Stapp fans, I just mind the annoying ones!!

And you, jmhonline, you are just driving me CRAZY!!! Ryan, (Creed7352), was nothing but very calm and nice to you. And what are you doing to him? Bitchin' like crazy, if I was him I would've been so freaking pissed at you right now!

Myles said in that interview that you should choose side and go into war between AB and Stapp. So please don't, and don't make someone else do either! We are nice people over here, and this was a totally calm Alter Bridge board where most of us were excited about Scott's solo record, before you Stappers signed up here and all these fights started going on!

Great Post, Lith!!!! Great Post!!!! ;)

PS: By the way, thanks for the consideration (cuz Im a Stapp fan but also an AB fan) and you are my favorite AB fan here. :D

The Lithium
10-06-2005, 11:44 AM
See, people... THIS is a nice Stapp fan!

titan9
10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm just going to say one thing, being the fan of both AB and Stapp that I am: how do we know for certain that everything Alter Bridge says, and everything Stapp says, is the absolute truth? I don't deny that Mark, Brian and Flip knew Stapp well, but when a break-up happens, feelings get hurt and sometimes(and I'm not saying that this is the case, just bringing it up as a possibility) those who are hurt fabricate things to make the other person look bad. It's understandable; it happens all the time. No one knows for sure that Stapp is this jerk and liar that people have made him out to be; no one knows for sure that Mark is this angel that always tells the truth, that people have made him out to be. No one knows for certain that Stapp is telling the truth, or that Mark is. Just because someone knows someone well, that doesn't mean they'll always tell the truth about said person.

I personally think there is some truth coming from both sides......and some lies as well. I don't take everything that Mark says as being the honest to God truth, and I don't take everything that Stapp says as being nothing but bs lies. That's just me, though.

I think what is most important here is the actual music. I think it is wrong to judge a musician by how he is as a person. If I'm judging a musician, it'll be by how good the quality of his/her music is, not by whether said person is a jerk or not.

Dogstar
10-06-2005, 12:48 PM
I think what is most important here is the actual music. I think it is wrong to judge a musician by how he is as a person. If I'm judging a musician, it'll be by how good the quality of his/her music is, not by whether said person is a jerk or not.

Thank you.

And there are two sides to every story. Nobody's perfect. Marcos likened it to a divorce. There's bitterness, no doubt, on both sides. Some choose to express it, some don't.

titan9
10-06-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree completely with you, there are two sides to every story and there is bitterness, which was precisely my point. That's why I've tried not to take sides when Scott is discussed, as far as his personal life is concerned. Same thing with Mark. I prefer focusing solely on the music.

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 04:43 PM

right..which is why i'll still listen to his music...i'm not a fan of him as a person, but that hasn't changed my thinking of his music.

thank you lithium...lol...but yeah, i'm not mad because it's just a message board and i'll never see that person in real life.

and i believe a lot of what mark and flip and brian say to be the truth cause i know people who have been witness to some of those things and from what i've seen myself. it's my opinion not yours, so if you don't like it, just skim over it or move on...there is no use in trying to make me think/feel a certain way about it, cause i won't. now, that said, stapp may have changed his ways...but only time will tell, once he's back on tour etc and is interacting with the public again.

The Lithium
10-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Totally agree with Ryan! Good post!

And yeah, hahahah!! What if Stapp just pack his bag and cancles his own solo tour! :D Would be kinda ironic!

titan9
10-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Oh, by no means am I trying to change your opinion, Creed7352. As a matter of fact, I respect and enjoy hearing your opinion about AB and Stapp. It makes for some good reading.

The point of my post was really to ease the tensions that I've noticed are in this forum. I've been here for 9-10 months now, and have seen a ton of Stapp/AB fights, so I'd like to see all of the meaningless fights stop. It seems like every Stapp-related thread turns into a huge fight about how Mark says this, and Stapp says that and so on and so fourth. As a equal fan of both, I hate to see the division that has taken place amongst Creed fans. I'd just like to see the fights end, and see more talk about the actual music in this thread.

I think it's awesome that you(and some others who are less than pleased with Stapp, the person) are willing to put aside all of the rumors of Stapp's personality, and actually give the music a chance. I have talked to people who won't listen to Stapp because of all the rumors of him being a jerk. Like I said, I try to separate the music from the person, so Mark's opinion of Scott's personality won't effect whether or not I listen to the music Stapp puts out.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
very well said!

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh, by no means am I trying to change your opinion, Creed7352. As a matter of fact, I respect and enjoy hearing your opinion about AB and Stapp. It makes for some good reading.

The point of my post was really to ease the tensions that I've noticed are in this forum. I've been here for 9-10 months now, and have seen a ton of Stapp/AB fights, so I'd like to see all of the meaningless fights stop. It seems like every Stapp-related thread turns into a huge fight about how Mark says this, and Stapp says that and so on and so fourth. As a equal fan of both, I hate to see the division that has taken place amongst Creed fans. I'd just like to see the fights end, and see more talk about the actual music in this thread.

I think it's awesome that you(and some others who are less than pleased with Stapp, the person) are willing to put aside all of the rumors of Stapp's personality, and actually give the music a chance. I have talked to people who won't listen to Stapp because of all the rumors of him being a jerk. Like I said, I try to separate the music from the person, so Mark's opinion of Scott's personality won't effect whether or not I listen to the music Stapp puts out.

yeah, i meant people in general, not you...i get what you're saying from reading your posts...and i agree, this fighting shit is stupid. i also hate to read the posts about "mark said this...mark said that...ab sucks..they lie..." and so on and so on...i try and get people to see other options behind mark and whoever else saying those things by throwing out more possibilities other than the michael tremonti conspiracy theory and whatever else...lol

titan9
10-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I agree. It's good that there are still a lot of people on these forums that understand where Stapp fans(or Alter Bridge fans) are coming from. It's nothing personal, and shouldn't be taken as such.

Trimontana
10-06-2005, 06:15 PM
BOO HOO!!!

Get over it, Stapp screwed up big time in the past and hurt other people feelings to the point they stopped liking him... what would you expect? It's like a divorce... shoot the first rock the one who was never used by someone else and when realized it, stop caring about him/her ???

All you do is complain about AB said this, AB said that... if it bothers you so much, stop reading their interviews.

I'm not judging Stapp... he had his issues... but you can't deny his attitude in the recent past made people that were close to him to step away.
WORDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

Trimontana
10-06-2005, 06:21 PM
jmhonline, its very low go to another AB website and try to looking for something yummy to point your finger against AB and defending Stapp repeating the same argument again:AB bashes Stapp. I agree with Marcos stating that Stapp is no an angel, noone is anyway, but he fucked up....him and noone else. What posture do people expect of AB regarding Stapp?. Of course, not love. And if they talk about Stapp in their interviews is cause the journalist ask them...cause i dont think they guys feel comfortable talking about past and shit situations that Stapp put them trought.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
yeah like making mark millions, without Scott he's nothing..................

Dogstar
10-06-2005, 06:30 PM
yeah like making mark millions, without Scott he's nothing..................
Ok, you're new, I think. That said, we've had this inane endless arguing forever. The bottom line is NONE of them would have made the millions without each other, so can we stop this bullshit arguing about who's more responsible for the music already?

If you're here to stir the pot, consider this your first and only warning. Keep it up and you're gone.

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 06:30 PM
jmhonline, its very low go to another AB website and try to looking for something yummy to point your finger against AB

? I went and read every word of those articles because someone pointed me there. I wanted to know the whole story. Should I just accept what people say as is without reading for myself.

and defending Stapp repeating the same argument again:AB bashes Stapp.

how is pointing out the fact that ab bashes stapp defending him? More below

I agree with Marcos stating that Stapp is no an angel, noone is anyway, but he fucked up....him and noone else.

Tell me where myself or anyone else said Stapp didn't do anything, and it was all those other guys fault. You can't. Nobody thinks Scott is an angel.

What posture do people expect of AB regarding Stapp?. Of course, not love. And if they talk about Stapp in their interviews is cause the journalist ask them...

and that forces them to bash stapp? They're grown ups.

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 06:43 PM

Sounds like you are really closed minded wanting people to leave a Scott Stapp forum just because you don't agree with them and find them annoying. Ever think some people might feel the same way about you?

I don't know what you are talking about. You are acting the same way he was.

Myles said in that interview that you should choose side and go into war between AB and Stapp.

and than he stands by while his bandmates start a war. Interesting.... They could have just refuted the rumors about getting back together, etc. and stuck with their original comments about the breakup.

So please don't, and don't make someone else do either! We are nice people over here,

then prove it. You are not doing a good job so far.

and this was a totally calm Alter Bridge board where most of us were excited about Scott's solo record, before you Stappers signed up here and all these fights started going on!

That is like the pot calling the kettle black. I thought this was the Creed Feed site and this forum was devoted to Scott Stapp.

Dogstar
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
jmhonline, I'll give you the same warning I gave INDIGOSTEVE...If you are here to stir up old arguments and start a bunch of crap, then you will be gone. I have no problem with people debating, but when it comes to name-calling and dredging up crap that seems to have been going on forever, then I get cranky. Steve, the admin, has run a nice board here for years, and we'd like to keep it that way.

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. You are acting the same way he was.

and than he stands by while his bandmates start a war.

i wasn't acting any way...i can though if you'd like me to.

and ab didn't start a war...LOL

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
jmhonline, I'll give you the same warning I gave INDIGOSTEVE...If you are here to stir up old arguments and start a bunch of crap, then you will be gone. I have no problem with people debating, but when it comes to name-calling and dredging up crap that seems to have been going on forever, then I get cranky. Steve, the admin, has run a nice board here for years, and we'd like to keep it that way.
You are giving me a warning? When did I call someone a name? As I stated originally, I searched and found no link to this article. Nobody initially said "we have already discussed that article to death, go see it here". why are you singling me out. I have not bashed ab fans and told them to go over to the ab fans have I. AB fans have now done this twice.

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
i never told you to go over to the stapp fans...i just asked if you posted on 2 message boards and said that it seemed like you did by the way you were posting.

i think she meant this though, but i'm not sure cause i'm not her:

"and dredging up crap that seems to have been going on forever, then I get cranky."

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
and ab didn't start a war...LOL

you're going to interpret it how you want. so i'm not going to try and sway your views on it. that will only get me nowhere. you fit right along with the Ab forum with your way of thinking. Do you post there?

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 07:06 PM
you're going to interpret it how you want. so i'm not going to try and sway your views on it. that will only get me nowhere. you fit right along with the Ab forum with your way of thinking. Do you post there?

:lol
yes i do...but last time i checked a war involved two or more countries, guns, tanks, bombs, etc.... :D

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 07:11 PM
:lol
yes i do...but last time i checked a war involved two or more countries, guns, tanks, bombs, etc.... :D

that is incorrect. go to dictionary.com. war can be other things. lithium used the term, and I have no problem with the term since it fits one of the several definitions.

Creed7352
10-06-2005, 07:17 PM
that is incorrect. go to dictionary.com. war can be other things. lithium used the term, and I have no problem with the term since it fits one of the several definitions.

"A condition of active antagonism or contention"

not the same definition, correct, but there is no rivalry or stiving to be in controversy here...simply a disagreement.

Steve
10-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Pointless thread that is now going nowhere. Keep bickering in the PM's.