Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The Great Divide - Album quality version [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The Great Divide - Album quality version

The Lithium
09-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Look what I found! The Great Divide in full lenght, album quality! Click the link below. Enjoy everybody!

Scott Stapp - The Great Divide (http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Q48M265C3WLW3VW27320OTNGY)

rabidgopher04
09-18-2005, 03:00 PM
thanks!

The Lithium
09-18-2005, 04:46 PM
You're welcome! Happy to share!

Dogstar
09-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks a bunch, Lith!!

creedsister
09-18-2005, 09:20 PM
:thankyou: : thanks Lith You Should,nt Have

Bridge of Clay
09-18-2005, 11:24 PM
thanks Seb! where did you get it?

The Lithium
09-19-2005, 11:05 AM
I searched all the big BitTorrent sites and isoHunt.com had it in a torrent called something like "Pop Exprecess 2005", or something like that! Took forever to download, but it was worth it! :D To take a little credit for it I added "-the_lithium" to the name of the file! :D

Trimontana
09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
I searched all the big BitTorrent sites and isoHunt.com had it in a torrent called something like "Pop Exprecess 2005", or something like that! Took forever to download, but it was worth it! :D To take a little credit for it I added "-the_lithium" to the name of the file! :D

For The Lit *muahs* :D

Bridge of Clay
09-19-2005, 11:55 AM

hmmm, interesting :wtf: :rolleyes: :mad:

titan9
09-19-2005, 12:21 PM
I'd say it fits in more with the Modern Rock Promo CDs that are on the Bittorrents. Ahh well, at least it's album quality.

I have a question for Lith, since he DLed the whole album presumably: was this track number 12 on that Pop CD? I looked closely at the info and it says that the track is track 12 on the Great Divide album. I'm wondering if that means that there are 12 tracks on the TGD CD. And shouldn't there be a complete track listing for the TGD CD soon?

The Lithium
09-19-2005, 01:09 PM
No, it was track 12 on the Pop Promo CD. I just simply changed the album name from "Pop Exprecess 2005"-something to "The Great Divide"

titan9
09-19-2005, 02:11 PM
K, thanks for responding. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how many tracks are on the CD.

The Lithium
09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm guessing 11, since 11 is the most usual number of songs on an album

titan9
09-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I think so as well.

The Lithium
09-19-2005, 04:04 PM
And it has been taking a long time for Scott to write his material, which I can understand since he's never done that before. I don't think we should expect more than 11 songs, I think he has enough troubles to write those as it is.

rabidgopher04
09-20-2005, 12:10 AM
And it has been taking a long time for Scott to write his material, which I can understand since he's never done that before. I don't think we should expect more than 11 songs, I think he has enough troubles to write those as it is.
Ha ha ha...lol! That's pretty funny.

Airsck
09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanx thanx thanx... but I already had!

The Lithium
09-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Really? Where did ya get it from?

IsThisTheEnd66
09-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Don't know if this was mention or not but on his cd we're going to get a good amount of songs... from what I found we're getting about 12 right now. Thought I share

The Lithium
09-20-2005, 02:09 PM
So, 12 songs on The Great Divide?

RMadd
09-20-2005, 03:19 PM
you are the shizzle, Lith. Thanks! I tried to dl it on BearShare the other nite, but all that came back were either 10 minute loops, or something 4x as long w/ 1/4 the quality. crap dude, crap. but this'll rock

The Lithium
09-20-2005, 04:34 PM
You welcome!

RMadd
09-20-2005, 11:55 PM
the intro reminded me a bit of Zeppelin... tho i can't remember which song

TheGreatDivide
09-21-2005, 10:00 AM
the into reminded me of One Last Breath

The Lithium
09-21-2005, 11:15 AM
What? One Last Breath? Really? Well I say fuck Goneblind - "pieced together pawn shop band" and go TREMONTI!!!

Chase
09-21-2005, 01:08 PM
If Tremonti told you to stab yourself in the eye six times... you'd probably do it.

The Lithium
09-21-2005, 04:24 PM
What the hell do you know about that? Just because I'm really into music and I like to check things does not mean I'm a total Tremo-geek. I just don't think it's a big secret thar Mark is a way better musician than everyone in Goneblind!

You know Chase... Ever since you got here you have done nothing but pissed me off and said the most stupid things, would you please stop for God sake?

Chase
09-21-2005, 05:35 PM
And you've done nothing but stir up constant Stapp vs. Alter Bridge feuds. You don't hear me bitch and whine about that. Relax... I was joking and teasing you. I mean saying "Fuck Goneblind" shows a complete lack of maturity on your part.

tremonti4life04
09-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Fuck Goneblind...they suck.

tremonti4life04
09-22-2005, 09:18 AM
See, its not lack of maturity, its an opinion...

TheGreatDivide
09-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah listen to the first few chords it sounds like the opening of One Last Breath

guesswhosback
09-23-2005, 03:56 AM
What the hell do you know about that? Just because I'm really into music and I like to check things does not mean I'm a total Tremo-geek. I just don't think it's a big secret thar Mark is a way better musician than everyone in Goneblind!

You know Chase... Ever since you got here you have done nothing but pissed me off and said the most stupid things, would you please stop for God sake?

Well you certainly said your share of stupid things too......

ctfan
09-23-2005, 12:34 PM
See, its not lack of maturity, its an opinion...

Yup, and opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.

ctfan
09-23-2005, 12:40 PM

You mean you think people are picking on you?? Jeeeeezzzz, you make comments like "fuck goneblind" and you expect pats on the back for that?? It's almost like your doing it on purpose, then get all whiny when people get offended.

If your gonna say it, be a man and take it.

Dogstar
09-23-2005, 12:42 PM
*Yawn* You've had a pretty whiny history yourself, ctfan, so I don't think you have a whole lot of room to talk.

ctfan
09-23-2005, 12:55 PM
*Yawn* You've had a pretty whiny history yourself, ctfan, so I don't think you have a whole lot of room to talk.

I don't whine, I just climb crosses. :D

Higher_Desire
09-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks, Lith. That's awesome. I'm getting really tired of only having the 2 minute clip from his website.

H-D :pimp:

Mrprophetman
09-23-2005, 10:42 PM

He also said that Alter Bridge would crush Stapp. Back in February Soundscan numbers indicated that One Day Remains had sold 372,000 CD's. The last Soundscan numbers I've seen for One Day Remains stood at 379,000. A band that has only sold seven thousand CD's in eight months really shouldn't have fans bragging that they are crushing any of the competition. Now you people will all say that sales don't indicate the quality of an album. But sales do determine whether a band makes it in the music business.

Soundscan acutally reports sales of a CD. But even then its numbers aren't exactly accurate because lots of retailers report more than one CD for everyone sold to try to make up for the retailers that don't report to Soundscan. If that's true, then that 379,000 number may actually be an overestimate.

Go to that station in Chicago and look at the list that shows the songs recently played. They are calling the song Metal and not Metalingus and you will notice that it never shows up on the playlist.

The Lithium
09-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Hey listen!! I don't like you and you don't like me either, but please try not to keep this conversation on the low level that maches your intelligence!

He also said that Alter Bridge would crush Stapp.
Yeah, and since, right now, AB has 26% and Stapp 19% AB is crushing Stapp! Yesterday night AB had 29% and Stapp 19%. Face it, AB is winning! Why? Well, they must have a bigger fan base! I highly doubt Stapps solo album will sell more than ODR.

Trimontana
09-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Yeah, and since, right now, AB has 26% and Stapp 19% AB is crushing Stapp! Yesterday night AB had 29% and Stapp 19%. Face it, AB is winning! Why? Well, they must have a bigger fan base! I highly doubt Stapps solo album will sell more than ODR.

Lets keep it like that!!!!!! :D I'm so happy :cool:

The Lithium
09-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Yeah, AB 4 life!!!

Mrprophetman
09-24-2005, 10:22 AM

29% is simply a number. It just indicates that some Alter Bridge fans are sitting in front of their computers for hours submitting vote after vote...apparently because its become very important that Alter Bridge LOOK like they are better than anything Stapp can do. Difference is, Stapp is being played in regular rotation on that radio station. They announce the song and they mention the release date of the CD. The other night the DJ said they get hate calls when they play TGD...then he said..."they must be Alter Bridge fans". They won't even call Alter Bridge's song by its given title, and it never shows up on the station's "just recently played" list. You can go ahead and pin your hopes on a number, but its also my understanding that this song they call "Metal" isn't on alot of station playlists. 29% means nothing if you can't get your song played on the radio.

Looks to me like Alter Bridge just has a fan base of 379,000...if its even that much.

Steve
09-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Allright, let's stop the useless AB vs Stapp arguments in the middle of other threads. And lets stop disrespecting any artists being discussed, unless you are actually making a valid point relating to the topic (why someone does or doesn't suck). None of this "fuck this group" stuff.

The Lithium
09-25-2005, 09:52 AM
29% is simply a number. It just indicates that some Alter Bridge fans are sitting in front of their computers for hours submitting vote after vote...
I've voted like... 3 times. I'd like to see some proove to that!

Difference is, Stapp is being played in regular rotation on that radio station. They announce the song and they mention the release date of the CD.
Yeah, it's his first single. When Open Your Eyes was released it was aired a lot too.

The other night the DJ said they get hate calls when they play TGD...then he said..."they must be Alter Bridge fans".
Yeah, that's sad and I'm not one of them and I know the band wouldn't like it at all if they found out. But then again, Stapp fans ain't so nice either. By the time AB was releasing OYE and a date for ODR came up and things really started happening for the guys, the VH1 forum for AB was full of crap from Stapp fans who wrote how much they hated Alter Bridge and thought they were useless without Scott. All their was on that forum was pure hate letters from Stapp fans. And who knows how many pissed off callers a DJ gets everytime he plays a song who someone doesn't like?

They won't even call Alter Bridge's song by its given title, and it never shows up on the station's "just recently played" list. You can go ahead and pin your hopes on a number, but its also my understanding that this song they call "Metal" isn't on alot of station playlists. 29% means nothing if you can't get your song played on the radio.
Yeah, it's called Metalingus, I dunno why they've just speld out Metal, but that's one weak argument not to like Alter Bridge. "Because a radio station in Chicago spelled a name of their songs wrong."

Looks to me like Alter Bridge just has a fan base of 379,000...if its even that much.
Personally, I think it's more than that, but who cares? I love AB and nothing you say will ever change my mind, so you might as well just stop it. The guys have said several times that they are only in Alter Bridge because of the fun! (I mean, they do have the money to retire after being in Creed). And compared to how small Creed were at first things are going pretty okay for AB. I mean, they are touring the world and their live shows are just amazing! I don't care how small or big they are. I don't care what you or others who dislikes 'em thinks! I don't care how many albums they sell or not sell! They are a fucking great and talanted band, and that's one thing you can't take away from them!

Muad'Dib
09-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Agree, I couldnt care less if AB doenst sell shitloads of albums ill still love them. They are a great band with a lot of potential and as long as they keep making great music they have got my support.

The Lithium
09-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah that!!

PrtytilImPurple
09-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah that!!

People can love them all they want. Thats no insult to me. Most people who support Stapp and wished all of them the best of luck were pretty turned off by the way Alter Bridge promoted themselves. A few people thought it was pretty tacky behavior and probably cost them quite a few Creed fans.Now I'm readin that Alter Bridge fans are actually emailing radio stations asking them not to play Stapp's song. Sad thing is if they were so confident in Alter Bridge why are they so intent on ruining stapp's debut. Its startin to look quite like an act of desperation to me.

Chase
09-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Exactly... I love Alter Bridge... but hate the way the handled themselves. They get mad at Stapp for promoting Creed... but the whole time the promoted themselves on being the 3 good ones in Creed!

Trimontana
09-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Exactly... I love Alter Bridge... but hate the way the handled themselves. They get mad at Stapp for promoting Creed... but the whole time the promoted themselves on being the 3 good ones in Creed!

That was Win-Up not AB that promoted themselves like 3 ex members of Creed

The Lithium
09-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, and Stapp is promoting himself much more like an ex Creed member than AB is. But I suppose these two guys thinks that they hated the way AB "promoted" themselves by telling the truth about Stapp and his personality. Like in that Karreng interivew, you know? I can't say that they are right, 'cause I don't know. But I believe them, since Stapp was the one that was drunk or whatever on that Chicago show and he was in several bar frights, gained weight, cancled gigs, etc. No wonder they got tired of him!

titan9
09-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah, and Stapp is promoting himself much more like an ex Creed member than AB is. But I suppose these two guys thinks that they hated the way AB "promoted" themselves by telling the truth about Stapp and his personality. Like in that Karreng interivew, you know? I can't say that they are right, 'cause I don't know. But I believe them, since Stapp was the one that was drunk or whatever on that Chicago show and he was in several bar frights, gained weight, cancled gigs, etc. No wonder they got tired of him!

He gained weight because of the predisone. If you've read anything about that drug(and I have, because I have recently had some sinus problems myself), you'd know that because it is a steroid, it can cause one to become bloated and gain weight. Stapp claims that the predisone was to blame for that ill-fated Chicago show. And you know what? Based on what I know about that drug, I believe him. As for the canceled gigs, again, it all goes back to how sick Stapp was with whatever he had during that Weathered tour and also that car-crash. How can you be angry with Stapp for canceling tour dates when he was physically unable to perform? Would you be angry with Myles for canceling dates if he had the same health problems as Stapp did?

I'm sorry, but when I hear AB fans talking trash about Stapp and his personal life, I kinda get a bit ticked off because they do not truly know Stapp, so who are they to criticize that stuff? Likewise, I feel the same way when some Stapp fan talks trash about Mark or Flip or Brian or Myles' personal life. It just seems pointless. Let's stick to the music.

I think what Chase was trying to say was that Mark, Flip and Brian have tried to, in a way, portray themselves as angels, while making Stapp out to be the devil. I do not think that he meant that they are promoting themselves as 3 ex-Creed members.

Getting this back to the original topic, I heard The Great Divide on Music Choice for the first time today. MC still gives a good amount of airplay to Creed, and they have given a good amount to AB, so I think they'll probably do the same for Stapp.

Frankie
09-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Speaking of Music Choice Titan... :D

http://www.musicchoice.com/channels/rock.asp

Last week's top 10
1. SCOTT STAPP "THE GREAT DIVIDE" (Not Available)
2. DEFAULT "COUNT ON ME" (TVT)
3. DISTURBED "STRICKEN" (REPRISE)
4. TAPROOT "CALLING" (ATLANTIC)
5. AUDIOSLAVE "DOESN'T REMIND ME" (INTERSOPE)
6. TRAPT "STAND UP" (WARNER BROS)
7. NICKELBACK "PHOTOGRAPH" (Not Available)
8. FOO FIGHTERS "DOA" (ROSWELL/RCA)
9. AVENGED SEVENFOLD "BAT COUNTRY" (WARNER BROS.)
10. 3 DOORS DOWN "LIVE FOR TODAY" (UNIVERSAL)

Evil_wizzzard
09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Sorry Stapp fans, but the Great Divide is CRAP... I'am very dissapointed in him. And his voice is still bad... as the whole Weathered period...

I hope that the other songs on his solo CD will be much much much better than this shitt!

titan9
09-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Speaking of Music Choice Titan... :D

http://www.musicchoice.com/channels/rock.asp

Last week's top 10
1. SCOTT STAPP "THE GREAT DIVIDE" (Not Available)
2. DEFAULT "COUNT ON ME" (TVT)
3. DISTURBED "STRICKEN" (REPRISE)
4. TAPROOT "CALLING" (ATLANTIC)
5. AUDIOSLAVE "DOESN'T REMIND ME" (INTERSOPE)
6. TRAPT "STAND UP" (WARNER BROS)
7. NICKELBACK "PHOTOGRAPH" (Not Available)
8. FOO FIGHTERS "DOA" (ROSWELL/RCA)
9. AVENGED SEVENFOLD "BAT COUNTRY" (WARNER BROS.)
10. 3 DOORS DOWN "LIVE FOR TODAY" (UNIVERSAL)

Sweetness! That's some real good songs in the top 5(alright, I know Default isn't that good, but I do like that single). It's so good to see Stapp already getting this airplay, as I feel that it is a good indication of what is to come. Something tells me that this solo CD is gonna be extremely successful.

Ana4Stapp
09-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Sorry Stapp fans, but the Great Divide is CRAP... I'am very dissapointed in him. And his voice is still bad... as the whole Weathered period...

I hope that the other songs on his solo CD will be much much much better than this shitt!

My words! ;)

guesswhosback
09-26-2005, 03:47 AM
Hey listen!! I don't like you and you don't like me either, but please try not to keep this conversation on the low level that maches your intelligence!

thet says more about you than it does about me...

guesswhosback
09-26-2005, 04:07 AM
He also said that Alter Bridge would crush Stapp. Back in February Soundscan numbers indicated that One Day Remains had sold 372,000 CD's. The last Soundscan numbers I've seen for One Day Remains stood at 379,000. A band that has only sold seven thousand CD's in eight months really shouldn't have fans bragging that they are crushing any of the competition. Now you people will all say that sales don't indicate the quality of an album. But sales do determine whether a band makes it in the music business.

Soundscan acutally reports sales of a CD. But even then its numbers aren't exactly accurate because lots of retailers report more than one CD for everyone sold to try to make up for the retailers that don't report to Soundscan. If that's true, then that 379,000 number may actually be an overestimate.

Go to that station in Chicago and look at the list that shows the songs recently played. They are calling the song Metal and not Metalingus and you will notice that it never shows up on the playlist.

Well, with a little luck it probably wont be too hard for Stapp to sell more than that....

The Lithium
09-26-2005, 08:13 AM
He gained weight because of the predisone. If you've read anything about that drug(and I have, because I have recently had some sinus problems myself), you'd know that because it is a steroid, it can cause one to become bloated and gain weight. Stapp claims that the predisone was to blame for that ill-fated Chicago show. And you know what? Based on what I know about that drug, I believe him. As for the canceled gigs, again, it all goes back to how sick Stapp was with whatever he had during that Weathered tour and also that car-crash. How can you be angry with Stapp for canceling tour dates when he was physically unable to perform? Would you be angry with Myles for canceling dates if he had the same health problems as Stapp did?
Wait a minute! I wasn't angry with Stapp or insulted him for that reasons. You just asumed I did. The only thing I said was that I understand Mark, Flip and Brian for "leaving" Stapp when he didn't want to write anymore material for Creed after a long break. And they said in that Karreng interview that there was a genue dislike for Scott for a very long time, and I suppose they just had enough with him. Stapp seemed to have a tough time growing up and I think that has really effected him and his way to be. I really don't think he's an easy person to be around.

I'm sorry, but when I hear AB fans talking trash about Stapp and his personal life, I kinda get a bit ticked off because they do not truly know Stapp
Oh, and you do? And again, I wasn't talking trash about him, I said I understood AB!

Let's stick to the music.
Yeah, I hear you.

I think what Chase was trying to say was that Mark, Flip and Brian have tried to, in a way, portray themselves as angels, while making Stapp out to be the devil. I do not think that he meant that they are promoting themselves as 3 ex-Creed members.
Yeah, but that's not at all true. Brian admitted that he took drugs back in Creed and that he did stupid stuff he shouldn't had done. And that Stapp wasn't really that angle he claimed himself to be.

cariocawlad
09-26-2005, 09:24 AM
I'd download the song last saturday. Now that I've listened the full version, I must say....I hate the bridge! Is strange and his voice is too much bass, but I don't hate the song at all. I hope there better songs in the album.

Peace.

uncertaindrumer
09-26-2005, 09:26 AM

une, deux, trois

creedsister
09-26-2005, 10:01 AM
thank you evil one AND A BIG GOD BLESS YA for your review :D

titan9
09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Wait a minute! I wasn't angry with Stapp or insulted him for that reasons. You just asumed I did. The only thing I said was that I understand Mark, Flip and Brian for "leaving" Stapp when he didn't want to write anymore material for Creed after a long break. And they said in that Karreng interview that there was a genue dislike for Scott for a very long time, and I suppose they just had enough with him. Stapp seemed to have a tough time growing up and I think that has really effected him and his way to be. I really don't think he's an easy person to be around.

You're right, I did assume that you did. My apologies for that. I've just seen a lot of criticism about Stapp's personal life during the Weathered tour, and it just annoys me anymore. So anytime I hear someone say something about that, in a negative way, I take it as being angry with or insulting Stapp.

Oh, and you do? And again, I wasn't talking trash about him, I said I understood AB!

Never said I did, Lith, never said I did. I only said that I feel it is wrong for people to criticize a guy they don't know personally. I mean, if you were a celebrity and you did/said some wrong things in the past, would you want people to criticize your personal life? I know I wouldn't. I never said that you were talking trash, but there are a lot of AB fans that I know who DO talk trash about Stapp's personal life. It's the same thing with Stapp fans badmouthing Mark, Flip and Brian's personal life.

Yeah, but that's not at all true. Brian admitted that he took drugs back in Creed and that he did stupid stuff he shouldn't had done. And that Stapp wasn't really that angle he claimed himself to be.

I don't think that Stapp has ever claimed to be an angel. He has admitted in interviews since the split that he did a lot of wrong things and has said that he is sorry for that. Even though Brian has admitted the drug use, he still has tried to paint himself as somehow better than Stapp. At least that is the impression quite a few have gotten from the interviews.

The Lithium
09-26-2005, 11:07 AM
My impression is that Brian doesn't really wanna talk about it.

lmaiello
09-28-2005, 03:23 AM
Hi. would you be able to post up the whole album again? thankyou.

Look what I found! The Great Divide in full lenght, album quality! Click the link below. Enjoy everybody!

Scott Stapp - The Great Divide (http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Q48M265C3WLW3VW27320OTNGY)

The Lithium
09-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Hah, I don't have the album! When I said I had The Great Divide I meant the song! :D

uncertaindrumer
09-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Never said I did, Lith, never said I did. I only said that I feel it is wrong for people to criticize a guy they don't know personally. I mean, if you were a celebrity and you did/said some wrong things in the past, would you want people to criticize your personal life? I know I wouldn't. I never said that you were talking trash, but there are a lot of AB fans that I know who DO talk trash about Stapp's personal life. It's the same thing with Stapp fans badmouthing Mark, Flip and Brian's personal life.

Not to nitpick but if we are arguing logically, then if I can't insult Stapp because I don't know him, neither can anyone compliment him... after all, they don't know him.

The Lithium
09-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Not to nitpick but if we are arguing logically, then if I can't insult Stapp because I don't know him, neither can anyone compliment him... after all, they don't know him.
Haha, that's a real good one! :D

titan9
09-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Like I've said time and time again, I prefer to, when discussing a musician, talk only about the music, not about whether or not the guy is a jerk. That is why I do not insult Stapp's personal life, but if I hate something about his music, well, I'll say something. I haven't really complimented Stapp about his personal life, have I? The only thing I've said(that is not music related) is that he has given interviews that I believe to be honest, and that I think he has handled the break-up extremely well in the interviews. I don't think anyone should worship Stapp the person, or even compliment him about his personal life, just like I don't think people should be criticizing him about his personal life. I prefer to keep it to the music. Of course, all of this is just my opinion and just my personal preference.

The Lithium
09-28-2005, 04:29 PM
he has given interviews that I believe to be honest
Which must mean AB is lying, right?

I think he has handled the break-up extremely well in the interviews.
Well, yeah, he has said some smart things, but pretty many of those smart things are lies! Like he's still friends with AB, etc, etc. Cut the crap, everybody knows you're just pulling flat lies, it's obvious! I guess the worst one was when he said he and Mark had sat over the phone and decided which songs that would feature on the Greatest Hits collection. Mark didn't even wanna release that collection! And if you check out the booklet it says that some guy named Ryan Smith is the the one who fixed the setlist. NOT Stapp or Mark. That made me kinda mad!!

titan9
09-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Which must mean AB is lying, right?

No, I believe there is some truth coming from both sides. I never said that AB is lying. I just happen to believe Stapp when he says that he had some bad health problems, and that he should have shared that information with the rest of the band.

Well, yeah, he has said some smart things, but pretty many of those smart things are lies! Like he's still friends with AB, etc, etc. Cut the crap, everybody knows you're just pulling flat lies, it's obvious! I guess the worst one was when he said he and Mark had sat over the phone and decided which songs that would feature on the Greatest Hits collection. Mark didn't even wanna release that collection! And if you check out the booklet it says that some guy named Ryan Smith is the the one who fixed the setlist. NOT Stapp or Mark. That made me kinda mad!!

Like I said above, I believe there is truth coming from both sides. Of course, none of us know for sure who is telling the truth and who is not. The GH thing was a lie, that much we know for sure. But, I'm wondering if Stapp was told by WU to say that? I mean, I find it hard to believe that he would flat-out lie about that. But maybe he did. Who knows.

uncertaindrumer
10-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Like I've said time and time again, I prefer to, when discussing a musician, talk only about the music, not about whether or not the guy is a jerk.

For the MOST part... I agree with you. But I do not like supporting celebrities who I don't respect (i.e. Tom Cruise). I don't respect Stapp, hence, I dont' support him.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-07-2005, 07:44 PM
then why are you here? this is for people who support him.

Bridge of Clay
10-07-2005, 07:49 PM
he's here coz he supports AB ???

Ana4Stapp
10-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Well...I dont know why you are here...this is a Creed message board and also a AB/ Stapp forum, so we have fans of Stapp, but also fans of Alter Bridge...and both fans (like me) and fortunately we have enough freedom to put our opinions here. Democracy...guy...democracy...

But If you wants only Stapp fans go to PBF site...

PS:Its unbelievable how some new members are crazy about starting a 'fight ' between Stapp and AB n here....Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
10-07-2005, 09:24 PM

Not actually. It is a message board for the discussion of Creed, Alter Bridge, and/or Scott Stapp. I most certainly need to support none of those, much less all of them.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-08-2005, 10:26 AM
this is the scott area please go to the Average Band area thanks!

Ana4Stapp
10-08-2005, 10:55 AM
WOW! Its amazing how a newcomer member wants to lay down the rules here... :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
10-08-2005, 12:25 PM

Nah, I like it here. Besides you and a few others, most Scott Fans are at least polite, so I feel plenty welcome here. And I would much rather talk about someone who I don't enjoy listening to than someone I do. I have nothing interesting to say about AB--they have three great songs, two good one, and the rest is a bunch of filler on their album. Blah. As for Creed, well everyone has talked Creed into the ground. Nothing much else to say. They aren't AROUND after all.

Stapp, if nothing else, at least has a semblance of curiosity about him because he hasn't released his album yet ( :rolleyes: ), so there are actually things I might enjoy discussing. Certainly not with you, however, since you appear to want the whole world outside of Stapp lovers to dissapear. Well that would be unfortunate because %99.9 of the world would be gone.

And your little average band thing I suppose you find quite clever, eh? It is nothing new although it is rather on target. Alter Bridge is your everyday run of the mill mainstream rock band with one exception; Myles Kennedy, who really has no business singing to songs that generic. His voice and talent are WAY beyond that level, and hopefully AB ups the ante on their next album to accomodate Myles' insane skills.

But either way, I don't ENJOY talking about average bands. I don't even enjoy talking about great ones, really. It is fine for a little while:

"They are absolute geniuses"
"Indeed"
"..."

But eventually it gets boring. Now, talking about overrated, potentially washed up singers--that I enjoy :D

INDIGOSTEVE
10-08-2005, 12:53 PM
:(

uncertaindrumer
10-08-2005, 02:30 PM
you need a hobby,

What a ridiculous thing to say to someone. I actually type well, have good grammar, and make intelligent posts of mediocre length and suddenly I need a hobby? Besides Ultimate, Basketball, Drums, Models, Rockets, Reading, watching Football, and then of course everyday things like work/school/sleep etc.? Perhaps instead of me getting a hobby, you should just learn to type faster.

let me get back to you on this...........

Fine with me, although unnecessary. And for future reference I may not always be able to post my replies as fast as I would like. I have had some free time today but do not always.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-08-2005, 02:48 PM
you are actually alot of fun for me! :) and I enjoy your posts, but please shorten them a little!

uncertaindrumer
10-08-2005, 08:47 PM
I am not sure whether to feel complimented or insulted.

And I can't shorten them. I am a writer. I write. Sorry if it overwhelms you but I am not one of those people who feels offended if I don't get a response. If you haven't the time/the desire to do it, don't. No skin will be coming off my back.

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Its unbelievable how some new members are crazy about starting a 'fight ' between Stapp and AB n here....Unbelievable. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that's really too bad. I liked AlterBridgeRocks.com much better.

Hey, that's enough! You are a newbie here, most of us have been here for years, (like me)! Don't just think you can lay down new rules just like that! I am a diehard AB fan, but I was kind enough to upload TGD here for everyone who wants it!

I don't like you and I don't think you like me either, but please... Take some good advice and go over to www.passionbreedsfollowers.com and sign up for their forum. It's a Stapp forum only and you fit so mucn better in there!

titan9
10-10-2005, 04:16 PM
And I can't shorten them. I am a writer. I write. Sorry if it overwhelms you but I am not one of those people who feels offended if I don't get a response. If you haven't the time/the desire to do it, don't. No skin will be coming off my back.

Lol, same here. My posts get a bit long sometimes as well. Like you, I'm a writer who types fast, has pretty good grammar, and just likes to discuss things(but I like to do it in a peaceful manner). I could try to shorten my posts, but then they'd lose their meaning.

uncertaindrumer
10-10-2005, 04:26 PM
^Exactly... I could shorten my posts TECHNICALLY, but they would lose all semblance of coherency...

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I tend to write pretty much in my posts as well, but I do write damn good ones! :D

titan9
10-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I tend to write pretty much in my posts as well, but I do write damn good ones! :D

Riiiight. That's what YOU think. :laugh: j/k