Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Lyrical notes! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Lyrical notes!

RoffeDH
09-09-2005, 04:03 AM
Now we realy see who wrote the lyrics, I feel that Marks lyrics in AB is alot more "Creedish" then Scotts Lyrics in both "The great divide" and the passion of the christ song (witch I can't seem to remember the name too)...
What do you guys think?

Ana4Stapp
09-09-2005, 05:31 AM
Now we realy see who wrote the lyrics, I feel that Marks lyrics in AB is alot more "Creedish" then Scotts Lyrics in both "The great divide" and the passion of the christ song (witch I can't seem to remember the name too)...
What do you guys think?

I have the same impression... :rolleyes: by the way the song is Relearn Love that in my opinion is bad as Great Divide is...

The Lithium
09-09-2005, 09:15 AM
I don't think The Great Divide is bad, I think it's really good... But I don't know 'bout Relearn Love... Michael have said that Creed fans would actually be surprised if they found out how many lyrics Mark wrote for Creed. So I think it's a lot more than we know. But what we can REALLY learn from this is who wrote the songs! :D (Although we already knew that)

titan9
09-09-2005, 11:00 AM
The thing is, these songs are two of Stapp's more "Christian"(and I hesitate saying that, because of all the Creed/Christian debates in the past) songs. It's obvious that this new song also deals with his new found faith. Obviously, during Creed, Scott was a struggling Christian. You saw that in the lyrics. Scott has changed a lot in the past few years. As a result, the lyrics and music have changed. Rather than questioning God, he'd rather write a song or two(or perhaps more) about his new found faith in God. As a Christian who was once in the same position as Scott, I can respect and like that. But obviously, not everyone will like the lyrics.

As for similarities between AB and Creed lyrics, I can't see any. I'm a huge AB fan, so I'm obviously not going to say that to bash AB and take sides. AB, lyrically, imo, is vastly different from Creed lyrically. Everyone has said throughout the years(up until recently) that Scott wrote the vast majority of Creed's lyrics. I still believe that, because those lyrics fit the man.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
The thing is, these songs are two of Stapp's more "Christian"(and I hesitate saying that, because of all the Creed/Christian debates in the past) songs. It's obvious that this new song also deals with his new found faith. Obviously, during Creed, Scott was a struggling Christian. You saw that in the lyrics. Scott has changed a lot in the past few years. As a result, the lyrics and music have changed. Rather than questioning God, he'd rather write a song or two(or perhaps more) about his new found faith in God. As a Christian who was once in the same position as Scott, I can respect and like that. But obviously, not everyone will like the lyrics.

As for similarities between AB and Creed lyrics, I can't see any. I'm a huge AB fan, so I'm obviously not going to say that to bash AB and take sides. AB, lyrically, imo, is vastly different from Creed lyrically. Everyone has said throughout the years(up until recently) that Scott wrote the vast majority of Creed's lyrics. I still believe that, because those lyrics fit the man.
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

rabidgopher04
09-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I think Stapp's lyrics are more like Creed than AB's.

tremonti4life04
09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
I dont know, i think that the dude from goneblind who plays guitar is trying too hard to play like tremonti. Wylde-Tremonti would probably agree that this guy is using a lot of the same chord transitions that mark uses. The beginning is kinda "OLB-ish" and the chords used during the chorus are kinda in the vein of what tremonti does to do his more epic chorus sounds. Hell, the guy sounds really good on guitar, and stapp sounds awesome, overall, the song doesnt fit my agnostic side, but its a very tight, higher-ish song, and has very nice ups and downs. Overall Im impressed by stapps lyrics, but he uses the same up and down melody in his voice, with a rhyme scheme that is too repetitive, but its nice, i might buy the cd. The song is very predictable and its very easy to see where its heading (guitar/lyrically/vocally) and should be very pop friendly, especially with the christian community growing stronger every day, im guessing it will sell like hot cakes.

Batstone
09-11-2005, 09:17 PM
yeah... i think that Stapps lyrics sound more like creed than AB....

The Lithium
09-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Then I recomand you to listen to the songs again