Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
A one year ago....Relearn Love [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : A one year ago....Relearn Love

Ana4Stapp
08-02-2005, 11:20 PM
A one year ago....

Did you guys realize that Scott Stapp released the track Relearn Love exactly on eyear ago? RL made its debut on radios in August O3, and it was from "Passion of Christ- the Songs" album and after this Stapp got some promotion at radio’s interviews to talk about the song . Well, the following story we all know: a lot of delays and promises about his cd that seems to be released in November!

What do you think about it? Did you like Relearn Love or expected more from him?

Dogstar
08-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. I was quite disappointed with the song. I'm hoping for better.

creedsister
08-03-2005, 12:30 AM
No Sweetie i did,nt i forgot , i happend to Really Love It , i still Rock out the hell out of hell of da relearnlove :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

creedsister
08-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. I was quite disappointed with the song. I'm hoping for better.
:D

creedsister
08-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Doggy :) you have such a great ear for music its hard to live up to your expectation if i was a musician , i,d let you be my first critic :jam: :jam: :jam:

Dogstar
08-03-2005, 01:03 AM
LOL, creedsister, you're too kind.

Ana4Stapp
08-03-2005, 08:25 AM

The same here, I think Stapp can do better songs. I definitely hope for better. ;)

cariocawlad
08-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Yes, Ana, In my opinion he can do better than this...but I enjoyed the song. We must see that is a comercial song maded for a soundtrack, so I think his album is gonna be diferent.

Peace.

titan9
08-03-2005, 11:01 AM
It's actually funny, but I just thought of this song a couple of days ago. I popped it(I burnt the radio version to a CD mix that I had created) into my CD player, and I still enjoy the song as much as I did when it first came out. Not as good as the Creed stuff, but certainly better than a lot of stuff out there. Also, when I was listening to it, I got excited about the Stapp solo CD. I still believe he's gonna put out a good CD, so I can't wait for it to come out.

uncertaindrumer
08-03-2005, 02:56 PM
The same here, I think Stapp can do better songs.

I....

don't. ;)

Bridge of Clay
08-03-2005, 03:50 PM
The same here, I think Stapp can do better songs. I definitely hope for better. ;)
He did in the past. I don't see a reason why can't do it again.

Ana4Stapp
08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I....

don't. ;)

Lol! C'mon! One day you' ll discover you love Stapp songs... :rolleyes:jk

He did in the past. I don't see a reason why can't do it again.

Yeah, but RL is not an example of a good song, especially coming from someone who wrote awesome lyrics in his past with Creed. ;)

Bridge of Clay
08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
In his past with Creed he wrote DSD as well!

Ana4Stapp
08-03-2005, 05:11 PM
In his past with Creed he wrote DSD as well!

lol, yeah, Marcos, but even DSD is better than Relearn Love... :rolleyes:

titan9
08-03-2005, 06:28 PM
DSD and RL are on an equal level, imo. Neither song is a great song, but both songs are a heckuva lot better than 99% of what's on Pop radio today.:laugh:

Dogstar
08-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't like DSD all that much, but it's a lot better than RL. RL just seemed thrown together. I thought it sucked.

Bridge of Clay
08-04-2005, 08:18 AM
DSD and RL are on an equal level, imo. Neither song is a great song, but both songs are a heckuva lot better than 99% of what's on Pop radio today.:laugh:
yeah that!

Although the acoustic version of RL was better than the original, imo.

titan9
08-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Agreed about that. Although I sorta liked that little solo in the original. Kinda surprising Stapp allowed a guitar solo in his first solo song.:laugh:

uncertaindrumer
08-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't like DSD all that much, but it's a lot better than RL. RL just seemed thrown together. I thought it sucked.

So did I. lol

I just see Stapp as a male version of *insert female pop singer here*. I mean, sure, he "writes" his lyrics but anyone can do that. He plays to the same type of audience.

titan9
08-05-2005, 09:52 PM
So he's a male version of Michelle Branch?:laugh:

And anyone can write lyrics? Yeah, anyone CAN do that, but not that many can write competent lyrics. And I believe he's one of those that writes competent lyrics and pretty good ones(imo, anyway) at that. Sure beats the lyrics to *insert pop, r&B or rap song here*.:laugh:

uncertaindrumer
08-05-2005, 11:47 PM
So he's a male version of Michelle Branch?:laugh:

And anyone can write lyrics? Yeah, anyone CAN do that, but not that many can write competent lyrics. And I believe he's one of those that writes competent lyrics and pretty good ones(imo, anyway) at that. Sure beats the lyrics to *insert pop, r&B or rap song here*.:laugh:

His lyrics are nothing special Titan, you should know that. Any good lyricist, poet, songwriter will tell you that. He does not have any special amount of lyrical talent. But, by the way, a lot people would put a lot of Creed's songs INTO that "pop" category. I mean, "Can you take me higher" is not exactly the stuff of Shakespeare.

titan9
08-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah, but if you know the story behind "Higher", then it's not your typical pop song. You know, the typical "my girlfriend dumped me or I hate my parents" inspired pop song. Lots of Creed songs addressed social issues(do you hear any songs on pop radio by a pop artist that address suicide?) and just had more meaning than your average pop, r&b and rap song. Lots of people, who know what's behind those songs, will tell you that.

Like you've already said, lyrics are a very subjective subject. To me, Scott's a very good lyricist and his lyrical ability is "special". As I've already mentioned, I'm a lyricist and have been for over a year now. It's a release for me and it's something that I very much enjoy. Do you know who made me want to write lyrics, in the first place? Stapp did, because there are several Creed songs that, from a lyrical standpoint, I love. That made me want to write. Stapp might not be as influential as Bono(well, I know he isn't) but he's influenced me, in terms of how I write my lyrics. Just like Tremonti has influenced me to pick up a guitar and play it.

Ana4Stapp
08-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah, but if you know the story behind "Higher", then it's not your typical pop song. You know, the typical "my girlfriend dumped me or I hate my parents" inspired pop song. Lots of Creed songs addressed social issues(do you hear any songs on pop radio by a pop artist that address suicide?) and just had more meaning than your average pop, r&b and rap song. Lots of people, who know what's behind those songs, will tell you that.

Like you've already said, lyrics are a very subjective subject. To me, Scott's a very good lyricist and his lyrical ability is "special". As I've already mentioned, I'm a lyricist and have been for over a year now. It's a release for me and it's something that I very much enjoy. Do you know who made me want to write lyrics, in the first place? Stapp did, because there are several Creed songs that, from a lyrical standpoint, I love. That made me want to write. Stapp might not be as influential as Bono(well, I know he isn't) but he's influenced me, in terms of how I write my lyrics. Just like Tremonti has influenced me to pick up a guitar and play it.

The story behind Higher was a dream Stapps had every night, wasn it? And that stoppped since he wrote the song.

And yeah, titan, Stapp is a very good lyricist--I love most of the Creeds lyrics-and if he was influeced by someone like Bono, (what I can see clearly in several songs-)thats why his lyrics are so good. :D Im a fan of both. (In true, my first favorite band of all time was U2- since I was 15.)

By the way, Higher has very influence of a U2 song (funny cause i cant remember the title now...lol)

uncertaindrumer
08-06-2005, 12:20 PM

Meh. Might not be the typical pop song to those who know this "story" but do you really think them millions who made it big cared? It is an EXTREMELY catchy song, that is why it is famous.

But yeah, lyrics are extremely subjective. When I write lyrics, the first thigns I ask myself about them is "Would linkin park write something like this?" If so, they are gone. Next I ask "Would Stapp write something like this"...

Ana4Stapp
08-06-2005, 05:30 PM
But yeah, lyrics are extremely subjective. When I write lyrics, the first thigns I ask myself about them is "Would linkin park write something like this?" If so, they are gone. Next I ask "Would Stapp write something like this"...

No comments!!!!!!! :censored: :censored:

LOL!!!!! ;)

titan9
08-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Yeah, the story was pretty much what you said, Ana. I think the exact story was(and I believe it originally appeared in a Rolling Stone article) that Stapp was having the same dream for a while, about a guy chasing him. Everytime, no matter what he did in his dreams, the guy caught him and I guess killed him. Well, apparently Stapp read some book and the dreams stopped. That's the short version of the story, I think.

In response to uncertain, I don't even ask myself if another band would write the song that I am writing. It completely comes from the heart, because I don't worry about what everyone else will think about it. Just as long as I'm satisfied, that's what matters.:laugh:

Dogstar
08-06-2005, 10:33 PM
But yeah, lyrics are extremely subjective. When I write lyrics, the first thigns I ask myself about them is "Would linkin park write something like this?" If so, they are gone.

:laugh: That's a good measuring stick :D

Ana4Stapp
08-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the story was pretty much what you said, Ana. I think the exact story was(and I believe it originally appeared in a Rolling Stone article) that Stapp was having the same dream for a while, about a guy chasing him. Everytime, no matter what he did in his dreams, the guy caught him and I guess killed him. Well, apparently Stapp read some book and the dreams stopped. That's the short version of the story, I think.

In response to uncertain, I don't even ask myself if another band would write the song that I am writing. It completely comes from the heart, because I don't worry about what everyone else will think about it. Just as long as I'm satisfied, that's what matters.:laugh:

yeah, titan, I think you are quite right about the Higher's story and thanks for your explanation. ;)

As for the lyrics, again you are right--cause if they come from your heart so this is the most important thing, no matter what other people think about them.

Someone worried about other's opinion only shows how unreliable about his talent he is.. :rolleyes:

creedsister
08-06-2005, 10:56 PM
:) i agree with ya,s

uncertaindrumer
08-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Meh, we all worry about what others think when we write music. We don't write music so that people will hate it, we try to make it so thta people will like it. Trying to say "It just coems from the heart" is all well and good but you aren't going to sing a song to your girlfriend that goes liek this:

I love you
You are awesome
You are so cool
Wow I love you
Oh yeah
I think we
Were meant to be
don't you see
You make me want to be
What I can be

You jsut aren't. Everyone KNOWS those lyrics suck beyond words, and yet technically you coud play the "heart" card or the "opinion" card. Some things are objectively better than others, even in music. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as singing "off"-key.

Ana4Stapp
08-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Meh, we all worry about what others think when we write music. We don't write music so that people will hate it, we try to make it so thta people will like it. Trying to say "It just coems from the heart" is all well and good but you aren't going to sing a song to your girlfriend that goes liek this:

I love you
You are awesome
You are so cool
Wow I love you
Oh yeah
I think we
Were meant to be
don't you see
You make me want to be
What I can be

You jsut aren't. Everyone KNOWS those lyrics suck beyond words, and yet technically you coud play the "heart" card or the "opinion" card. Some things are objectively better than others, even in music. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as singing "off"-key.

Yeah,uncertain, I got your point...write lyrics is probably not a easy thing to do (i think)...of course when you write one song you expect it will be great and consequently expect that people like it. But I think you are refering to the common sense we all have to to analyze our works and abilities.Thats positive but when you are so worried about to the other opinion, is like someone trying to please everybody --its sounds like a doubt in your own talent...Hey, I dont have any doubt about your talent to write lyrics, ok? Dont take offense. ;)

Also, I'm sure there's a lot of "artists" who write/sing songs like your example above ...

PS:... those lyrics above = amazing, man.... :rolleyes: :D lol ,jk

creedsister
08-07-2005, 11:34 PM
:D i know it Ana :D those were good man HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Ya she did a copyright HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

creedsister
08-07-2005, 11:35 PM
that a should not a she HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

titan9
08-08-2005, 11:06 AM
The thing is, with my lyrics at least, I'm not trying to write songs that other people will like. I have no idea if I'll ever even show those lyrics to someone else or if I'll ever persue a music career. For now, that is just my way of getting out my feelings. I try to rhyme as much as I can(to keep the rhythm), but only if it helps the song, not hurts it. There is such a thing as rhyming too much, lol.