Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
still waiting [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : still waiting

Lunar Shadow
06-10-2005, 07:42 AM
*looks at watch* *taps toe* you ever get the feeling you're being stood up?

I mean come one Stapp whats wrong? are you stalled in the studio? writers block? come one SAY SOMETHING!!!!

titan9
06-10-2005, 09:24 AM
It's been said lately that the album is still on schedule for release in August/September of this year. I don't know if it'll actually come out then, but hopefully it does. I know a lot of Stapp fans and just Creed fans are getting quite impatient with the lack of news/lack of clips from the CD. I'm trying my hardest to be patient, because I know it'll eventually be out and that when it is out, I'll probably enjoy it a lot. My guess for the delays(remember when the CD was scheduled to come out BEFORE the end of 2004?) is that it's because Stapp has changed backing bands(went from Tea Party on Relearn Love to Goneblind on this solo CD) and changed producers. I could be wrong, though.

tremonti4life04
06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm staying out of this fight thats about to happen...

titan9
06-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Haha, yeah, I'm willing to bet a fight will break out, just based off of the recent Stapp related threads. I'll stay out of it as well, lol.

Lunar Shadow
06-10-2005, 08:27 PM
it is just totally frustrating I am just venting you guys know that

don't you? :D

uncertaindrumer
06-10-2005, 08:54 PM
SOME BODY MENTIONED A FIGHT?!! Stapp is a total loser with no talent who never would have gotten anywhere without Tremonti, and even then he only dragged Tremonti down into the terrible world of zero-credibility pop stardom with stupud sappy lyrics and Messiah poses. He continues to keep fans waiting even though he promised to deliver music, and only knucklheads would--

OH, you meant... ummm... nevermind. lol

Lunar Shadow
06-10-2005, 09:07 PM
LOL

I will admit I began to lose my love for Creed when they turned the corner with WAWO. now I can deal with one sappy song its understandable but then they turned around and realesed Weathered where Half of the album was pathetic sappy pop dribble it did piss me off so I am waiting to see if stapp can dig himself out of the hole he dug himself in to.

titan9
06-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, as I've said about a 1000 times now(but who's counting?:D), it will be interesting to see what direction Stapp goes in musically. Is he going to go and do real soft music? Or will he do a fair blend of soft and harder Rock stuff? I'm hoping he does a blend. I can tolerate a few ballads, but not on every song. Of course, if Stapp does release a CD full of ballads, I'll still buy it because I still respect the guy as a vocalist and lyricist. I just hope that Stapp doesn't abandon his Rock roots.

titan9
06-10-2005, 09:14 PM
it is just totally frustrating I am just venting you guys know that

Understandable, lol. I've gotten a bit frustrated at times, too. I would have loved for the CD to come out last year, but I prefer quality, so if it takes another year, I can wait, so long as it is a quality CD. Besides, I've found a TON of good music(or at least music I like) over the last year, so it's not like I'm lacking.

creedsister
06-10-2005, 09:30 PM
LOL

I will admit I began to lose my love for Creed when they turned the corner with WAWO. now I can deal with one sappy song its understandable but then they turned around and realesed Weathered where Half of the album was pathetic sappy pop dribble it did piss me off so I am waiting to see if stapp can dig himself out of the hole he dug himself in to.
:D HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Your So nice its just simly amazing how we have got along Mabey There Is A GOD

Lunar Shadow
06-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Doubtful :flamer:

creedsister
06-11-2005, 12:45 AM
:) give me an hour in my chambers and i can make you believe anything :D

Ana4Stapp
06-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm still waiting for Stapp' s cd, even though , now I'm a little sick of still wating ... for it...:mad: Wow! So sick of it than I could even change my screen name !!! :mad1:

PS:No, I couldn't! Definitely Not!!! :D lol I'm still a Stapp's fan!!!! ;)

uncertaindrumer
06-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, as I've said about a 1000 times now(but who's counting?:D), it will be interesting to see what direction Stapp goes in musically. Is he going to go and do real soft music? Or will he do a fair blend of soft and harder Rock stuff? I'm hoping he does a blend. I can tolerate a few ballads, but not on every song. Of course, if Stapp does release a CD full of ballads, I'll still buy it because I still respect the guy as a vocalist and lyricist. I just hope that Stapp doesn't abandon his Rock roots.

Ya know, soft songs CAN be good. But it doesn't have to be silly, overused, stupid chord progressions from beginning to end. For instance, Stairway to Heaven is a pretty soft song (for Zep at least), and yet no one would complain! The problem is that when a rock band goes soft (i.e. WAWO, OLB, and even AB's ILM, BW etc.), and they do it with no creativity and nothing unique, it looks--and usually is--just a sales booster. So yeah, I love rock songs, but soft songs are viable if they are good.

uncertaindrumer
06-11-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm still waiting for Stapp' s cd, even though , now I'm a little sick of still wating ... for it...:mad: Wow! So sick of it than I could even change my screen name !!! :mad1:

PS:No, I couldn't! Definitely Not!!! :D lol I'm still a Stapp's fan!!!! ;)

Of course :rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
06-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Of course :rolleyes:

Not sure of your comment's real intention !!!!!! :confused:

LOL

titan9
06-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Ya know, soft songs CAN be good. But it doesn't have to be silly, overused, stupid chord progressions from beginning to end. For instance, Stairway to Heaven is a pretty soft song (for Zep at least), and yet no one would complain! The problem is that when a rock band goes soft (i.e. WAWO, OLB, and even AB's ILM, BW etc.), and they do it with no creativity and nothing unique, it looks--and usually is--just a sales booster. So yeah, I love rock songs, but soft songs are viable if they are good.

I agree with most of what you said. I actually LIKED that Alter Bridge had a few ballads on their CD, as I felt that it gave ODR some variety. I know, you probably disagree with me there, lol. But I honestly doubt I'd like that CD as much as I do(it is one of my absolute favorite CDS) if all it had was hard songs. I like a bit of a break between hard songs, because it gets old if every song is hard, at least for me it does. If Stapp goes with the same formula as AB did(with the hard songs and the ballads), I think his CD will be pretty good. I just hope that not all songs are ballads and that he doesn't "sell-out" by just making a CD that sells a bunch of copies.

uncertaindrumer
06-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I agree with most of what you said. I actually LIKED that Alter Bridge had a few ballads on their CD, as I felt that it gave ODR some variety. I know, you probably disagree with me there, lol. But I honestly doubt I'd like that CD as much as I do(it is one of my absolute favorite CDS) if all it had was hard songs. I like a bit of a break between hard songs, because it gets old if every song is hard, at least for me it does. If Stapp goes with the same formula as AB did(with the hard songs and the ballads), I think his CD will be pretty good. I just hope that not all songs are ballads and that he doesn't "sell-out" by just making a CD that sells a bunch of copies.

Well, I did not like the soft songs on AB, but not BECAUSE they were soft. It is because--and Mark even eluded to this in an interview once--Mark either plays awesome riffs or silly chord progressions. He knows nowhere in between. If he could have written ILM as well as he wrote Metalingus, it would have been awesome/ But it is just a simple chord progression in a tuning which is VERY songwriting-pliable. But yeah, I think the perfect album needs some less heavy songs.

Right now I am really into Audioslave's Out of Exile and I think they do the softer songs the right way. They play with usually the same amount of creativity, uniqueness, etc. whether the song is heavy or not. Tremo is jsut better at writing heavy songs. No shame in that.

titan9
06-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah, I agree with you there. The hard songs on ODR(FTR, Metalingus, TEIH, WYW, even the title track) are sooooooooo awesome. Tremo does a terrific job on those songs. I also like the work he did on the softer songs, but I'll admit those songs aren't his best work. I guess that's one of those things that he could work to improve. With how talented he is, I'm willing to bet he could improve on that rather quickly.

So you like the new Audioslave CD? How's it compare with their debut CD? My bro has both and has said he likes the first better. I think I've heard that from some other people as well. I don't own the first(but I like quite a few tracks on there) but was thinking about getting the new one, based on the two singles I've heard and also because I like the lyrics(I ALWAYS look those up before purchasing any album). I'd like to hear some more opinions of it, though.

Ana4Stapp
06-12-2005, 01:20 AM
Actually there's only one word to describe Audioslave new album-Out o Exile-: AWESOME!!!
All the songs are fantastic. And as for the lyrics they are also pretty good. Cornell and the guys really did a great job. I's hard to choose , but the best moments are: The Curse- my favorite, (as you can see by my new signature :D ) Heaven' Dead, Zero, Dandellion and Drown me Slowly.By the way, the first three are great ballads, but they sound definitely incredible on the whole album.

See, this is all we can do, while still waiting for Stapp's cd: listen to Audioslave new album...lol :rolleyes:

PS: My neighbors probably know all the Out of Exile lyrics, cause I can't stop to listen to it - lol :D

ctfan
06-12-2005, 01:20 PM
LOL

Of the 3 cd's Creed released, Weathered is my favorite.... :D. It's got a cool range of songs, from hard to soft. I like that in a cd.

uncertaindrumer
06-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh yeah, I agree with you there. The hard songs on ODR(FTR, Metalingus, TEIH, WYW, even the title track) are sooooooooo awesome. Tremo does a terrific job on those songs. I also like the work he did on the softer songs, but I'll admit those songs aren't his best work. I guess that's one of those things that he could work to improve. With how talented he is, I'm willing to bet he could improve on that rather quickly.

So you like the new Audioslave CD? How's it compare with their debut CD? My bro has both and has said he likes the first better. I think I've heard that from some other people as well. I don't own the first(but I like quite a few tracks on there) but was thinking about getting the new one, based on the two singles I've heard and also because I like the lyrics(I ALWAYS look those up before purchasing any album). I'd like to hear some more opinions of it, though.

No question their second album is better. Their first was decent but it wasn't like they were a band. this one is far more musically diverse, the lyrics are better, it is unique... It is the best rock album of the 21st century as far as I am concerned.

PrtytilImPurple
06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
SOME BODY MENTIONED A FIGHT?!! Stapp is a total loser with no talent who never would have gotten anywhere without Tremonti

So you are saying that Alter Bridge's blinding massive CD selling success with One Day Remains is proof that Tremonti was the real talent? Hehe. OK...I get it. Hehe.

uncertaindrumer
06-14-2005, 10:15 AM
(I ALWAYS look those up before purchasing any album).

And yet you still bought Human Clay...

LOL, jk :D

uncertaindrumer
06-14-2005, 10:16 AM
So you are saying that Alter Bridge's blinding massive CD selling success with One Day Remains is proof that Tremonti was the real talent? Hehe. OK...I get it. Hehe.

Because of course, Ashlee Simpson's CD success has proven her massive talent.

titan9
06-14-2005, 10:37 AM
And yet you still bought Human Clay...

LOL, jk :D

Lol! I bought HC on the basis that it would be awesome like MOP(the first Creed album I bought) was. I didn't look up all the lyrics before hand, like I now do. Of course, imo, HC isn't as good as MOP, but it's still a pretty good album. And hey, I like the lyrics to several of the songs.:laugh:

titan9
06-14-2005, 10:38 AM

You've certainly got a point there. I cannot believe that Simpson's CD sold 400,000 in its first week and yet Alter Bridge hasn't even sold that many copies in like 10 months! Just goes to show how many people have a poor taste in music.

ctfan
06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
You've certainly got a point there. I cannot believe that Simpson's CD sold 400,000 in its first week and yet Alter Bridge hasn't even sold that many copies in like 10 months! Just goes to show how many people have a poor taste in music.

I've never listend to an Ashley Simpson song and I don't care to see her perform either, but I wouldn't say Simpson fans have poor taste in music.

Maybe they just like what she puts out there. Ya know, it appeals to them so they buy her cd's. I like Seether, 3DD, Shinedown, Submersed, Staind, and several others, and I sure wouldn't like anyone to tell me I have poor taste just because I like their music and buy their cd's.

Sometimes it just boils down to what people like!

uncertaindrumer
06-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Ashlee Simpson stinks. I immediately lose respect for people who DON'T lost respect for people who buy her albums.

Yeah, umm, that made very little sense. Oh well. Just go watch her performance at the Orange Bowl. You will never defend her again. lol

uncertaindrumer
06-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Lol! I bought HC on the basis that it would be awesome like MOP(the first Creed album I bought) was. I didn't look up all the lyrics before hand, like I now do. Of course, imo, HC isn't as good as MOP, but it's still a pretty good album. And hey, I like the lyrics to several of the songs.:laugh:

Actually I do like the lyrics to the verse of What If. Even if they are just convoluted nonsense.

PrtytilImPurple
06-14-2005, 10:17 PM

I don't like Ashlee Simpson so I don't buy her CD's. I wasn't blow away by Alter Bridge either so I don't own their CD. You can tell everybody in the world that they have crappy taste in music and if they don't like what you like they don't know good music. But it boils down to the fact that people buy what they like and don't buy what they don't like. To me Ashlee Simpson sucks. So does her sister. I just simply don't buy their music because I don't like it.

If Tremonti was the one with all the talent you would think that talent would shine on in Alter Bridge. Its pretty obvious that his success as a member of Creed hasn't exactly been reborn in Alter Bridge. Everybody says hurray that they ditched the member who made people hate Creed. But that hasn't apparently prompted those millions of Creed fans to buy an Alter Bridge CD. What I want to know is did it make all those people who hated Creed love Alter Bridge? Maybe thats who all those people are that bought One Day Remains. People who hated Creed and people who thought Tremonti was the only one who had any talent.

uncertaindrumer
06-14-2005, 10:35 PM
I don't like Ashlee Simpson so I don't buy her CD's. I wasn't blow away by Alter Bridge either so I don't own their CD. You can tell everybody in the world that they have crappy taste in music and if they don't like what you like they don't know good music. But it boils down to the fact that people buy what they like and don't buy what they don't like. To me Ashlee Simpson sucks. So does her sister. I just simply don't buy their music because I don't like it.

Exactly. Talented musicians doesn't mean good-elling music.

If Tremonti was the one with all the talent you would think that talent would shine on in Alter Bridge. Its pretty obvious that his success as a member of Creed hasn't exactly been reborn in Alter Bridge. Everybody says hurray that they ditched the member who made people hate Creed. But that hasn't apparently prompted those millions of Creed fans to buy an Alter Bridge CD. What I want to know is did it make all those people who hated Creed love Alter Bridge? Maybe thats who all those people are that bought One Day Remains. People who hated Creed and people who thought Tremonti was the only one who had any talent.

His talent has shown. Especially with Stapp out of the way. Theuir record sales are meaningless.

HigherGirl
06-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Ashlee Simpson stinks. I immediately lose respect for people who DON'T lost respect for people who buy her albums.

Yeah, umm, that made very little sense. Oh well. Just go watch her performance at the Orange Bowl. You will never defend her again. lol

Ashlee sux...
If the members of AB were CONSTANTLY put into tabloids like she is (waaay too much) they'd sell more albums..LOL.. Thats the only way SHE sold as many CD's as she did, she went to every place where paparazzi were at, she's a camera hog, and an ugly one as well..Trying to canoodle with popular celebrities to get her name out there.. AB wouldn't stoop THAT low... :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
06-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Well yeah, tabloids help but a bunch of 13 year old girls also help your CD sales. Because only thirteen year old girls are silly enough to buy albums like that, AND they cannot figure out how to just burn their friends copy of the CD, lol

titan9
06-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Lol! Also, keep in mind that record sales doesn't always mean a particular artist is talented. A bunch of talented artists don't sell many records, but that doesn't mean they're not talented. I mean, look at a band like 12 Stones. They've got a good lead singer and a very good, young, guitarist(can't quite shred like Tremonti, but with time he could). In addition to that, they've got a good drummer and good bassist. The lyrics are pretty good in my opinion and they put on a great live show from what I've heard. Yet, in their first week of record sales for their second CD(Potter's Field), they sold roughly 30,000 copies. Meanwhile, an artist who has what a lot of people think is a bad voice(Ashlee), stupid lyrics(just look at the song La La) and has been CAUGHT lipsyncing, sold 400,000 copies in her first week of record sales. Does that make Simpson more talented than 12 Stones? In my opinion, no way. I'm willing to bet a lot of other people would agree with me.

Just because Alter Bridge has not sold as many copies of their first CD as Creed did, that doesn't make them less talented. Imo, they're equal. I say that because Alter Bridge has a great technical singer who has great range. While Alter Bridge doesn't have lyrics as good as the lyrics on MOP(I still prefer Stapp's lyrics), they make up for it in the solos(MOP had some awesome solos, but those on ODR are even better) and great range from the lead singer. Not to mention that the guys are now more seasoned than they were 8 years ago. The fact is, Alter Bridge's style is not as radio friendly as Creed's was. Can you imagine hearing "Metalingus" on a Pop station? It won't happen, imo. That's one of the differences between the two bands and I think that explains the large difference in record sales.

uncertaindrumer
06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Well obviously I disagree with your assessment of their talent as equal--lol, of course--but other than that, your post is on target.

Unfortunately I DO agree that AB has really mediocre if not just plain boring lyrics. But at least they aren't as bad as rap lyrics and pop lyrics.

JulieCitySlicker
06-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Ashlee Simpson sucks horribly,along with her sister too! I guess their are a ton of people out buying their crap who are under the influence of every druig known to man ;)

Ana4Stapp
06-17-2005, 06:58 AM
Unfortunately I DO agree that AB has really mediocre if not just plain boring lyrics. But at least they aren't as bad as rap lyrics and pop lyrics.

Actually, good lyrics are out of place these days!!!!!! A. Simpson, Eminem, britney Spears..... :eek:

As for AB lyrics, I dont agree, actually they have some good ones, of course some are not, but not having boring lyrics.

Actually if they are boring...Myles sing them pretty well...that this is unnoticed! lol :rolleyes:

Lunar Shadow
06-17-2005, 10:13 AM
something about myles' voice rubs me the wrong way maybe cuz its too high it just doen't fit with the muzak maybe it just me

titan9
06-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I used to be the same way, Anarkist. At first, I strongly disliked Myles' voice and really missed Stapp. It took at least a few months for me to warm up to Myles voice. Yes, he does go high with his vocals, but that shows how much range he has. Not everyone will like how high he goes, though, just like not everyone liked Stapp's voice.

Lunar Shadow
06-17-2005, 10:32 AM
see but I have had the damn cd since the day it came out and my opinion has yet to change... trimo's guitar kicks ass but myles has to go

ctfan
06-17-2005, 12:18 PM
something about myles' voice rubs me the wrong way maybe cuz its too high it just doen't fit with the muzak maybe it just me

Nope, it's not just you. I feel the same way, there is just something out of place with the mix of music to the voice. :)